New Computer System but still " Low Memory and Crashed"

peterliow

Provider
HALO GreatPeter CLYPSY
I am so happy than I builded a new computer yesterday.

But am not happy because when I tried playing this game with a higher graphics setting, it keeps on crashing.

System:
Mainboard: Asus B85 pro gamer
CPU : i5 -4690
GPU: Asus R9 280X
Ram: 8GB
Harddisk : 1 TB

Anyone can guide me how and what is the max graphic that can I go max in order not to crash all the time?

But am not happy because when I tried playing this game with a higher graphics setting, it keeps on crashing.

System:

Anyone can guide me how and what is the max graphic that can I go max in order not to crash all the time?

64bit windows ? (my computer -> properties -> system type )

and check in game louncher tools-> options -> use 64-bit client

32 Bits Windows 8

32 bit windows use only 2.5gb of ram (cannot use more than 2.5 gb) you can check it in same where you found system type : Installed memory (usage)

that person who installed you 32bit windows seems made huge mistake because u have 6gb unused ram and only one core used on you cpu. so seems you using it in speed like u could buy 4 years earlyer a one core pc.

Bzzt. Re-install Windows, use 64 bit version. Else most of your pc resources are not usable.

System:

They screwed you mate, that isn't gonna cut it. Take it back and get a refund.

You want an i7 chip
You want Win7 or 8 64bit system
Min 16Gb RAM
At least a 1Tb SSD drive
At least a GeForce GTX 670 or better

With the above specs, you can run beyond Very High Settings :)

32 bit windows use only 2.5gb of ram (cannot use more than 2.5 gb) you can check it in same where you found system type : Installed memory (usage)

that person who installed you 32bit windows seems made huge mistake because u have 6gb unused ram and only one core used on you cpu. so seems you using it in speed like u could buy 4 years earlyer a one core pc.

The memory thing is correct, the core thing isn't.
32 bit windows can access all of the cores, simply depends on the programming.

The memory thing is correct, the core thing isn't.
32 bit windows can access all of the cores, simply depends on the programming.

yes i think you are right, when amd 64bit processors showed up, windows xp was announced that will use only one core because of motherboard chipset.

idk maby new intel chipsets already uses all cores with 32bit systems.

but in new pcs with 1 core atom processors goes only 32bit windows, cannot install 64 bit.

You want an i7 chip
Min 16Gb RAM
At least a 1Tb SSD drive

LOOOOOOOOL

(You want an i7 chip) -- cpu not chip
(At least a 1Tb SSD drive) at least ? :D lol 1tb ssd cost shitloads. (need to see ssd speed not gb's)

You want an i7 chip
Min 16Gb RAM
At least a 1Tb SSD drive

OPs rig is fine, the 32 bit windows is the problem. You don't need this kind of hardware for EU.

Thanks for the advice... is it only the windows that goes wrong? Than I should changes reinstallmy windows but I bought this new windows 8 just last year when it launches. ..

Asus r9 280x should be a good enough graphic card for many games coming up which I read on many Web. .

Thanks for the advice... is it only the windows that goes wrong? Than I should changes reinstallmy windows but I bought this new windows 8 just last year when it launches. ..

Asus r9 280x should be a good enough graphic card for many games coming up which I read on many Web. .

I have Asus R9 270X and it is plenty good enough to run Entropia on Very High.

As others have said you need to running Windows 64 Bit to use 8 Gig or more of Ram to avoid problems. I spotted Entropia process using 1.8 Gig of Ram on its own yesterday, it really does use a lot of memory.

System:

Yup reinstall a 64bit windows, then start playing the game on max setting and go from there (go lower if u keep crashing), the hardware should be more then enough to run the game smoothly, i do advise getting a ssd, but not 1tb that's overkill, 128gb can even be sufficient just for windows and eu only (if u have more programs get the 256gb).
The rest of the data u can just put on the 1tb hd u have already.

ps. so u don't get confused by x86 and x64, x86 is the 32bit version u don't want to install that, x64 is the standard for accessing max memory up to 64gb depending on motherboard.

pps. your motherboard has 4 ddr3 slots that can have up to 32gb of memory at 1600mhz chips, i do suggest upgrading your current memory up to 16gb minimum, memory is a very important factor to having a smooth running pc.

Last edited:
Windows 8 should be 64 bit by default i think, don't even think they sell a 32 bit version?

But that is your problem as others have said, rest of the system is totally ok.

windows licenze is valid, you can install 64bit with same key

Windows 8 should be 64 bit by default i think, don't even think they sell a 32 bit version?

They did a year ago. :)

on topic. If you don't want to get 64 bit version, which I still would, you can fix the issue by following this guide. It's for win 7 but will work for win 8 as well.

Search for CMD, right click and run as administrator. Once there type this:

bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

Next restart your computer and enjoy :)

Also found by Wistrel here: http://www.entropiaplanets.com/thre...-solution-win7-32bit-3gb-ram-workaround.6655/

Explained by Microsoft here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253912

Ok I just reinstall my windows 8 to 64bits and the graphics it GREAT!...

It took me 3 hours of finding free download, burn to disk iso, reinstall OS + Some drivers.

I tried to login and the graphics was auto set to high in general. The graphics is fantastic!...

SSD is abit to expensive for me now.. will just save up later.

Hope Mindark will sponsor my SSD.... Give me a crazy HOF or Uber.. Haha...

You want an i7 chip
Min 16Gb RAM
At least a 1Tb SSD drive

no game uses the extra features off a i7 cpu , i5 is just fine
no game uses more the 8gb ram
1TB ssd ? for what ?
EU is very badly coded and optimised so it eats up a lot of Vram so i would get a card with min 2gb vram

I figured I would share my experiences:

I bought a sub 1,000$ laptop with a 17 inch screen and EU works flawlessly on high settings. There are no use for fancy computers to run this game with good graphics. I haven't tried the very high setting yet but will do tonight. Guess I cou share the specs as well.

Glad to see OPs problem solved.

Here's the thing. I should preface this by saying it's in my own experience and all that junk, but when I made the seemingly huge jump from a Radeon HD 5850 to a GTX 780, I was expecting great things. But, honestly, I didn't see much of a difference, at least in EU. I still get 30 FPS or lower when hanging out at Nea's on fully maxed settings. Maybe the problem is that I didn't upgrade my other components, but it made me wonder if maybe the problem is EU's relatively poor optimization due to how they "borrowed" a game engine. I could be way off, but what I know for sure is that my last graphics card upgrade didn't make a huge difference.

My point is that I agree that your hardware is fine. And, indeed, you do not need a huge SSD. I've been using a Samsung Pro 840 256GB and it has served me extremely well. I also have a 1TB HDD and all my downloads go there, and that is always a good cheaper option just for storing files. Everything that doesn't call for any real performance goes onto my HDD; anything where I want lightning-quick read goes to my SSD (Windows, games, etc.).

Sadly they do for desktops, 32bit support ended on servers from Server 2008 R2.

As for being able to install 64bit or 32bit it all depends on the sticker. With Windows 7 Pro there are three different oem packs available two with media which come in 32 or 64bit versions and one without media which is valid for 32 and 64bit and you provide the disk (downloadable from MS if you know where to look).

An 8 standard doesn't come with downgrade rights so 32bit oem license is only valid for 32bit and a 64bit is only valid for 64bit. An 8 Pro oem does come with downgrade rights and you can use it to install Windows 7 Pro or even Vista Business.

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en-gb/licensing/sblicensing/pages/downgrade_rights.aspx

From what I can tell Windows 8 is no different and as there's only £30 between an 8.1 std oem and 8.1 pro oem I'd go for the pro and then install 7 Pro and wait for 10.

Last edited:
To answer some naive posts:

You don't really need a I7 CPU. Only if you doing heavy multitasking! Usually i only play one game at the time. lol So yes my recent computer is only an I5 that show up 7.7 on window rating (being 8 points the maximum).

Now if you use your PC to work image and to rendering video at a professional level, then you should go with an I7 otherwise that I5 is more than enough.

Even the 120Gb SSD disks still very costly (it is a completely new kind of disks), I guess that you can't even find a one tera SSD yet. Get 120 or even 240GB, more than enough for windows + 1/2 favorite games. Me with 120 Gb SSD have window 7 64bit installed + EU and still have 45 Gb free for cache.

The main problem of the OP seems to be that 32 bits OS. Get a 64 bits OS and all will be fine.

EU needs more CPU than Graphics power.

2Years ago i upgraded from
Intel E6600 + ATI 4890
to
AMD 5800k + ATI 7870

I got a very small perfomance increase because the AMD CPU is so weak.

A few months later i upgraded to
Intel i5 + ATI 7870
Performance increased alot.

For EU a fast dual core processor is enough.
For other games i hope it will change in the future.

Back