Warp devices

chronos

Old Alpha
Society
Project-Asylum Corp
Stig Chronos Brannlund
Im confused...
Which Warp devices goes into theese new pimped up Quads.
Also the UFO (L) now takes it seems.

says it takes a VWD-I

What is that?, it aint the regular Warp Drive I for sure.

And what does the Sub Warp (L) do differently from Warp (L) :)

Interesting observation well spotted :)

The VWD-I certainly seems to be the slot for the new small craft warp drive.

I am curious though, wasn't the UFO unable to go to space? Did they resolve that?

Edited - saw the updated pic - seems they have added a whole bunch of slots to it now. Seems it has the kismet, thruster, heavy porcupine and the extra one potentially for the new warp drive.

Lets hope with that lot they now allow it in space :laugh:

Last edited:
I think it's a bug, especially since the UFO can't actually go into space.

If it could go into space, it's nothing more than an easy target for pirates seeing as the UFO flies a lot slower than a Quad. Because it seats 4, it would be the ideal choice for the non-warp slow boat 3-5 per per seat pilots.... Which would make the UFO an even bigger target because the pirate could loot up to four people instead of just one or two.

If MA does make it warp capable, lol... Good luck getting far enough away from safe space to jump to warp... Once again I'll point out that a pirate in a Quad is a lot faster than a UFO.

I think it's a bug, especially since the UFO can't actually go into space.

If it could go into space, it's nothing more than an easy target for pirates seeing as the UFO flies a lot slower than a Quad. Because it seats 4, it would be the ideal choice for the non-warp slow boat 3-5 per per seat pilots.... Which would make the UFO an even bigger target because the pirate could loot up to four people instead of just one or two.

If MA does make it warp capable, lol... Good luck getting far enough away from safe space to jump to warp... Once again I'll point out that a pirate in a Quad is a lot faster than a UFO.

I don't see an issue.

1. Go out and get shot down
2. Revive and repair
3. Go out and warp

I have never been shot down twice unless I attacked the pirates. If this was to be implemented I would consider it quick travel rather than direct competition to the ms/privateer industry.

I don't see an issue.

1. Go out and get shot down
2. Revive and repair
3. Go out and warp

I have never been shot down twice unless I attacked the pirates. If this was to be implemented I would consider it quick travel rather than direct competition to the ms/privateer industry.

Ok that's you... But now add 3 paying passengers into the UFO... You will be getting them shot down too.

Guaranteed, if UFO become warp capable, they will be used as transport vehicles.

Ok that's you... But now add 3 paying passengers into the UFO... You will be getting them shot down too.

Guaranteed, if UFO become warp capable, they will be used as transport vehicles.

Well, if so, you need to take that into account and inform your passengers about the possible outcomes. Let them know that if we get shot down, we revive and repair. Main focus of such a service should be time savings and not material transportation.

Although a complete other discussion then the topic.
I never have any stackables in space - Ever, i only travel :)

And if more cheap (L) warp ships comes i would gladly want one for that sole purpose. Sure if i got shot down one or two times i dont care, my Quad wing has been shot down so many times already, lost prolly 5 ped durability during several years of usage. But i keep reaching the planets i want without to much of an hassle =)

A little off subject, but this thread makes me think of something. Are there warp drives available for quads now?

A little off subject, but this thread makes me think of something. Are there warp drives available for quads now?

Dont think so, because the regular quad does not have the attachment slot for Warp device.

Back