Hogglo (YOUNG): 5 Points

SUPPORT:
Chomper (YOUNG & ABOVE): 4 Points
Feffoid (ANY INCLUDING ELITE): 3 Points
SUPPORT WILD CARD: 2 Points
Armax (ANY): 1 Point

BONUS MOB
BUG SWARM (ANY IGNI, DIRIPI & PUPUGI): 25 pts

(this should be an easier prospect than earlier years with the low-PED globals now but I am still expecting hate mail)

NOTE: WILD CARD MOBS have the same exclusions (no mobs not readily available on Calypso through normal play , no instance-or event-only mobs, no punies/little birds) but the MAIN and SUPPORT mobs must be DIFFERENT to each other. First scores count. So if Main and Support both get (for example) an Atrox, whoever got it first claims it as their Wild card, the other guys get a WROB (wrong mob) and must global on something else for their Wild Card selection.

START/FINISH POINT: 59469,81061 (Outpost West of Billy's TP)..

SPAWN NOTICE:

Igni, Pupugi and Diripi BUG SWARM:
20946, 38873 (LA 5)

Feffoid Elites
31717, 51280
(OLA62)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Oh nice, calamusoid is back!

And chomper has been a global-friendly mob, it will be fun for support to have something to bite in.

No Hogglo for support...? :(

Wanted a reason to try these out for quite a while now :p

this moblist might put some stress on the judges =)

Clarification on the support list. For chompers, do the pygmies count, or just young and above?

Except for the bugs, and maybe the big-ass malcruentor, I am liking this moblist.

Nice:)

Finally some mobs that needs a real hunter and some dedication!! :yay:

Clarification on the support list. For chompers, do the pygmies count, or just young and above?

Except for the bugs, and maybe the big-ass malcruentor, I am liking this moblist.

Punies/pygmies do not count, this is Young and Above (will change the original post).

Hurrikane

Have updated the original post with Wild Card information.

Hurrikane

Can supportteam claim a mainteam mob as wildcard? That is, if support want to hunt hogglo can they claim hogglo (listed as mainteam), independently of the fact it's on main team list?

Any hint about start position? (Just curious, and maybe adding it to the info for the team.)

Moblist/Start Point now updated.

Hurrikane

Hurrikane, please post in this thread who plays who etc... should be all in one place?? Getting a tad frustrating trying to find stuff.. THANKS! :)

Hurrikane, please post in this thread who plays who etc... should be all in one place?? Getting a tad frustrating trying to find stuff.. THANKS! :)

Will do, was waiting on news of where the bug swarm etc was gonna be and putting a few things in order.

Hurrikane

Can supportteam claim a mainteam mob as wildcard? That is, if support want to hunt hogglo can they claim hogglo (listed as mainteam), independently of the fact it's on main team list?

Any hint about start position? (Just curious, and maybe adding it to the info for the team.)

Wildcard must be UNLISTED mobs. So Support cannot use a mob already on the Main Team list , or their list. Mobs listed or used in previous Stages are fine.

Start Point updated on original post. Full STAGE 4 SCHEDULE thread soon to appear.

Hurrikane

Can you confirm the semi-finals will be drawn as in previous years? Which iirc would be Winner A v Runner-up B, Winner B v Runner-up C, Winner C v Runner-up A.

Can you confirm the semi-finals will be drawn as in previous years? Which iirc would be Winner A v Runner-up B, Winner B v Runner-up C, Winner C v Runner-up A.

Yes, this will be the same.

Hurrikane

STAGE 4 SCHEDULE now up in its own Sticky Thread.

SPECIAL SPAWN CO-ORDINATES now added to original post of THIS thread.

Hurrikane

The Hogglo Ranch

new_hogglos.jpg

So are we definitely not getting any new Malcs spawn?

So are we definitely not getting any new Malcs spawn?

The mood seemed to be more in favour of using existing spawns/conditions where possible.

It's not too late to ask for some, but with or without extra ones the playing field is still level and tactics play their part.

Hurrikane

Stage 4 Schedule now up in the Stickies.

That and the Moblist thread should be all you need.

Hurrikane

The mood seemed to be more in favour of using existing spawns/conditions where possible.

It's not too late to ask for some, but with or without extra ones the playing field is still level and tactics play their part.

Hurrikane

Best to stick with what we've got I think, changing at this late stage isn't great and it's good to have some tactics and planning come into play. I just wanted to know if I was missing anything :)

NOTE: WILD CARD MOBS have the same exclusions (no mobs not readily available on Calypso through normal play , no instance-or event-only mobs, no punies/little birds) but the MAIN and SUPPORT mobs must be DIFFERENT to each other. First scores count. So if Main and Support both get (for example) an Atrox, whoever got it first claims it as their Wild card, the other guys get a WROB (wrong mob) and must global on something else for their Wild Card selection.

My understanding of that was that 'little birds' would include all birds that 'run away' rather than 'attack' - ie chirpy, gibnib, turp, fugabarba.
However, today in our match against USA, the support wildcard was turp, and the judge deemed that turp was not included as an ineligible 'little bird'.
While we queried this at the time, naturally we accepted the judge's decision and continued the match with that as a valid wildcard mob.

However, I'd appreciate if you could clarify the definition for future matches please Hurri :)

My understanding of that was that 'little birds' would include all birds that 'run away' rather than 'attack' - ie chirpy, gibnib, turp, fugabarba.
However, today in our match against USA, the support wildcard was turp, and the judge deemed that turp was not included as an ineligible 'little bird'.
While we queried this at the time, naturally we accepted the judge's decision and continued the match with that as a valid wildcard mob.

However, I'd appreciate if you could clarify the definition for future matches please Hurri :)

Little Birds DOES include Turps, Fugabarba, Gibnibs and Chirpies and the Turp should not have been allowed.

I was not present and the Judge made a call in error. The rules did not name each ineligible little bird but the term "Little Bird" is generally accepted to include Turps. The Judge was not aware of this. I apologise for the confusion.

Had the WildCard mob not been answered (both teams got it) then this would have possibly caused a re-match. I will do my best to ensure this sort of thing does not happen again.

Hurrikane

Little Birds DOES include Turps, Fugabarba, Gibnibs and Chirpies and the Turp should not have been allowed.

I was not present and the Judge made a call in error. The rules did not name each ineligible little bird but the term "Little Bird" is generally accepted to include Turps. The Judge was not aware of this. I apologise for the confusion.

Had the WildCard mob not been answered (both teams got it) then this would have possibly caused a re-match. I will do my best to ensure this sort of thing does not happen again.

Hurrikane

SO does that mean that this will stand for the USA Vs. Australia match and both teams are getting our 25 points and any applicable sweep/variety bonuses?

It was such a great match with Australia last night! Really, one of the most favorite I've been part of over my entire WoF involvement. Nail biter right to the end....Australia jumped out to an early and sizeable lead, then USA struggled back and the lead changed hands countless times over the rest of the match. Who was going to get Sweep before the bell rung and jump out to a lead?!?!

We honestly didn't pick Turp for the support mob to be controversial, so apologies there. I should have picked up on that, but I skimmed over the wildcard mob restrictions too quickly and missed the whole "little bird" thing. And I was in Teamspeak the whole time and am not aware of one word of discussion before or during the match whether it was an acceptable mob or not. We just were trying to pick something that might be tricky for Australia to get obviously. It wasn't until people were gathering at the judges spot after the match that I heard the first question about whether there might have been an issue. I'm really glad that it was the support mob wildcard and not main, and very happy that Australia got it as well. Fortunately both teams capped as well, so I don't think it affected the overall results, but of course I will push the team to accept whatever decision Hurrikane makes (I'm not a captain, but I play one on TV).

It really was a fantastic match. Australia you guys made a great move by grabbing that Foul for the Main wildcard mob and it almost gave you the match. We had a tiered Ancient Mod Merc going full blast on the little ones for over an hour and then later had the whole Main team and a lot of support team getting involved in a stupid little foul. I'm pretty sure the foul had a good laugh over it....well done!

Sorry for any controversy that might occur, it really was not intentional to break any rules on the wildcard mob decision.

Last edited:
It was such a great match with Australia last night! Really, one of the most favorite I've been part of over my entire WoF involvement. Nail biter right to the end....Australia jumped out to an early and sizeable lead, then USA struggled back and the lead changed hands countless times over the rest of the match. Who was going to get Sweep before the bell rung and jump out to a lead?!?!

We honestly didn't pick Turp for the support mob to be controversial, so apologies there. I should have picked up on that, but I skimmed over the wildcard mob restrictions too quickly and missed the whole "little bird" thing. And I was in Teamspeak the whole time and am not aware of one word of discussion before or during the match whether it was an acceptable mob or not. We just were trying to pick something that might be tricky for Australia to get obviously. It wasn't until people were gathering at the judges spot after the match that I heard the first question about whether there might have been an issue. I'm really glad that it was the support mob wildcard and not main, and very happy that Australia got it as well. Fortunately both teams capped as well, so I don't think it affected the overall results, but of course I will push the team to accept whatever decision Hurrikane makes (I'm not a captain, but I play one on TV).

It really was a fantastic match. Australia you guys made a great move by grabbing that Foul for the Main wildcard mob and it almost gave you the match. We had a tiered Ancient Mod Merc going full blast on the little ones for over an hour and then later had the whole Main team and a lot of support team getting involved in a stupid little foul. I'm pretty sure the foul had a good laugh over it....well done!

Sorry for any controversy that might occur, it really was not intentional to break any rules on the wildcard mob decision.

Yep, great match.... other than the hour + on foul.....lol...

Awesome post too but must spread some rep around .....
Hugz!

Back