Question: Sick and tired of grinding, please make a lot of story missions!

Non-grind missions?

• Out with he grinding, give us decent missions!

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Some grinding is ok, but some non-grind missiosn would be nice too.

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • Nah, just give us more grind missions!

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

remontoire

Marauder
Society
Bravo Three-Nil
John itwasntme Remontoire
I am sick and tired of grinding. How about a boatload of non-grindy or at most slightly grindy missions, prefrably with some focus with storyline? How about you?

i love grinding missions,its the only reason i play,i dont care 1 bit about storyline

There are storyline missions, but theres a good chance you've already completed them.

More storyline missions would be nice to have though, agreed! :)

i love grinding missions,its the only reason i play,i dont care 1 bit about storyline

Finally my i found my brother :)
I wouldn't hunt that much probably without a mission.
What I don't understand why doesn't all mobs has a mission? What about repeatable missions? I like a mob and I finished the mission what's next?

We need a purpose to hunt more over and over and over again.No We don't care about storyline , we need a reason to hunt more to become better that's all.

I have to agree. I usually get to stage 2 or 3 of grinding missions and then when faced with the prospect of 10000 mobs I lose interest. Maybe I have some sort of attention deficit, but sitting a chair grinding the same mob for hours and hours is boring as bat shit!

Same here. I couldn't give a toss about storyline. I did vote for the second option though as others might like them even if I don't.

Actually some more team play would be awesome from time to time not just solo playing if you ask me.

I don't mind grinding at all, however, I don't like the old kill count missions. I'd much rather stick to the kill point missions.

It's also upsetting there isn't some way to gain points from team hunts. I team hunt Dasps with EMW a lot, but I have no kills towards that mission.

All missions need to be adjusted for kill points, and the points (in team) should be split up just like loot is. If I do 30% of the damage (which is likely when I'm hunting Dasps), I should get 30% of the kill points.

I don't mind grinding at all, however, I don't like the old kill count missions. I'd much rather stick to the kill point missions.

It's also upsetting there isn't some way to gain points from team hunts. I team hunt Dasps with EMW a lot, but I have no kills towards that mission.

All missions need to be adjusted for kill points, and the points (in team) should be split up just like loot is. If I do 30% of the damage (which is likely when I'm hunting Dasps), I should get 30% of the kill points.

could not agree more! On both accounts.

Yea good old times when nothing mather we just say lets go hunt and we just kill mobs simple as that and have so much fun. Now so much less team hunts and less fun ,like omg you gonna overdamage me i dont wanna hunt you will get points ,or even if they do wanna hunt than they go and loan higher gear or buy high L gear just to overdamage you.It doesnt mather to me but we have to wait half or 1h for them to do that it kills the joy of hunting when you wait 1h to just start it .....

And yes i agree so much with this % of points like Rave said would be awesome and finally people wouldnt care about kills and still they could do their so much important missions same time and get some points even if they have less dmg.

Wait.... There is a storyline? :scratch2:

:laugh:

I agree 100%.... Storyline is not important to me either.

I like both storyline and grinding.. I've said this before but I'll say it again.. why not have some storyline behind the grinding missions.. i.e. maybe they can program a special drop of an item sometime between 8.5-10k kills of a mob that is required to finish the mission so people have to keep hunting a mob until it drops the item then turn in the quest? Storyline would be great for the new players too in order to get some background on the game, but grinding is good because it allows people to set long term goals

To be honest first i'd like to see storytelling capabilitites enhancd before they throw a storyline at us where i go to a reat a text window, go to b read next text window, visit point c1,c2,c2, got to place d and kill a mob go back to a to recieve a baseball cap .

I like grinding missions as well as a good story, but they way storyline missions work in EU, could not be bothered ...

To be honest first i'd like to see storytelling capabilitites enhancd before they throw a storyline at us where i go to a reat a text window, go to b read next text window, visit point c1,c2,c2, got to place d and kill a mob go back to a to recieve a baseball cap .

I like grinding missions as well as a good story, but they way storyline missions work in EU, could not be bothered ...

It'd be interesting to see if they can implement some cut scenes.. that would be awesome :D There used to be a cut scene with the old beacons when they would fly in, the door would open and the ramp would appear.

It'd be interesting to see if they can implement some cut scenes.. that would be awesome :D There used to be a cut scene with the old beacons when they would fly in, the door would open and the ramp would appear.

Cut scenes, sound effects, using camera movement ... the engine can do a lot which can be scripted, the instance system can be utilized as well for it, i am not even asking for voice acting. But a storyline needs to be entertaining and that can be achieved by a talented writer and some technical goodies to create atmosphere.

That would not be boring and creates excitment. A good example of what can be done was (is ? ) the Arctic, add some more atmospheric elements and it can be a great addition to the game which can be made by artists and level designers.

being creative, making compelling story lines, implementing and testing all takes effort and time and that takes money to do.

Putting in endless grinding for skills to entice a player to make the next level is easy to code, requires minimal effort so takes minimal revenue to make the most out of the players.

besides they rather type 3 paragraphs color something red and sell for 50k and then order a new hot tube when each one is sold. Or maybe the top guy is using it to buy a RL Ferrari and this is how he is funding his purchase.

I'd rather see them actually fix some shit in the game before adding anything new. They keep adding adding and adding and never fixing just making more and more issues. This weekend a person couldn't even play the game much because of horrible lag, crashes, you name it.

i often heard people saying entropia is a sandbox
When i joined there were no mission. I read many good post about omega 6 reticulum in a now RIP forum which brought my curiosity. While slowly discovering the game robot events, then the egg, migration lead me to think there was one. However original PE was already progressing/regressing into his fresh EU state. MA tried new thing, vexel, oxford, art whatever. They gave up on PE and ambraced their 'new' concept giving up n storyline while bringing the same events year after years killing the novelty. There was a time where some people you could SEE a team trying to put storyline into missions but it went to dust quickly.
While i enjoyed bth halloween Mayehm, i thought at first that it doesn't fit the storyline. To some extent i admit i am wrong but that was what i thought. Cyclops depth offered new missions with an interesting opening but that's all.
Grinding missions are the way to go on Caly as everything we do doesn't impact the output.
Storyline missions is more a Cyrene thing, well i expect that. They constantly talk about the dynamic envronnment affected by player so i dreamed of missions who could unlock features. But yes, in my mind they are all grinding missions. (eg 100 players achieve hive mission then a new set of mission is available). However it's hard on a balancing step to turn thing into something else as peple who couldn't partake in may feel left out.
Well i disgressed, i just wanted to say that i like grinding missions even if i would see more output. I just want missions on all mobs on calypso as Kim promised it.

How about new types of grinding missions which won't make you bored as easily.

Basically an iron challenge based on mob HP.

Example Kill 16,600 100-200 hp mobs.

Kill 16,600 1-1.3k hp mobs etc.

More options prevents boredoom. And gives the player freedom whilst still "grinding" for the mission.

Planet Cyrene has a similar mission although the one there allows you after (1st stage regular mission) to kill any mob on the planet to get kill count.

My idea limits the player some but still gives many more options than right now.

Write your own story.....

For me Entropia is just the backdrop, I don't care for the missions that much even though I have completed a few. It is a setting for me to 'write' my own story over the years.

*By 'write your own story' I don't necessarily mean physically writing anything down, I just mean using your imagination, and using your avatar as a tool for your imagination to interact with the settings.

**Nothing wrong with the missions past/current/future being part of your 'story'.

I like grinding, but I want more mining missions - I dont care about the thin story they possibly can write around it

I will always maintain that the grinding missions have completely and utterly screwed the EU economy. People only used to grind mobs because they dropped certain things, either high MU stackables or they dropped certain items.

You wanted a certain harness you knew which mob to hunt to get it and then either you gave up or got it. Then you'd move onto the next item to get until you wanted to upgrade again.

With the advent of grinding missions MA were forced to reduce the drop rate or stop it entirely of certain stackables because of over hunting of mobs. Then they kept adding more and more crap to bulk up their loot and now they've been forced to reduce the number of stacks a mob drops again due to low MU due to over supply. One low end mob with 20-30 item stacks is not good it was at the point where you could hunt anything because they all dropped roughly the same things.

As you can tell I'm not a massive fan of grinding missions.

It is not that I have not done grinding missions - I have completed two "bronze" chains (merp & molisk) and a bunch of other (7 iirc) iron chains so far.

I don't see a single squat being different game wise from that. Not even a single lounge where you need to have the book of the machine, mission hammerhead diploma or where you need to have completed any mission at all to enter or a visual badge or title.

BWHAHAHA

What do you think this is? An Actual mmo?
That would require them to actually pay a team of developers and we all know they couldn't spare the budget of an indie developer, let alone actual developers.

Back