According to MindArk Officials we are not "Rich" Enough :-)

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
2014-12-15 09:56:48 [Local] [Stig Chronos Brannlund] But 50k, omg its so much
2014-12-15 09:57:04 [Local] [Stig Chronos Brannlund] 10k and sure thing :)
2014-12-15 09:57:22 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] its a luxury vehicle, not a transporter to make a living
2014-12-15 09:57:37 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] and you think we are rich?
2014-12-15 09:57:54 [Local] [Electra Sparks Lightning] more like a pirate vehicle
2014-12-15 09:57:57 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] dont look at my pedcard!
2014-12-15 09:58:07 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] well people who can afford luxury i doubt would want to strip just to be able to travel :) 100-150kg is simply not enough for luxury travel
2014-12-15 09:58:39 [Local] [Maya Drisara Meussa] that red quad is other prove(if we ever need 1 more) that MA is just GREEDY and dont care what realy players need!
2014-12-15 09:58:50 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] i see rockets hanging... i hope you can use em
2014-12-15 09:58:54 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] if someone has 200k us in the real world, they can buy a truck and try to make a living,, a buy a sports car to look cool and go fast everwhere
2014-12-15 09:59:21 [Local] [Stig Chronos Brannlund] but you can compete with a sports car :)
2014-12-15 09:59:23 [Local] [Electra Sparks Lightning] quad in color does look better than old black n white quad
2014-12-15 09:59:28 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] agreed..but they wont buy a sport car if the sports car said that u need to lose your clothes and then u can fit into the car :)
2014-12-15 09:59:30 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] lol... TY a LOT for explaining...
2014-12-15 09:59:44 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] just the perfect thing this community needs to hear
2014-12-15 10:00:15 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] have you ever see the boot of a Ferrari?
2014-12-15 10:00:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] yes.. but never seen someone take off the clothes to get into one..have u?
2014-12-15 10:00:32 [Local] [Jade Demoniac Malkov] dont usually carry armour in a ferrari either
2014-12-15 10:00:53 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] a bit of fun some people wanted,, you cant please everybody all the time,,
2014-12-15 10:01:33 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] we are in a game..so fun is most important for sure..else why be in game
2014-12-15 10:01:54 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] Lenae, so the pets are not for eveyone+
2014-12-15 10:02:24 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] its a shame what he is explaining lol
2014-12-15 10:02:37 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] instead giving some good info... he only talks about a quad
2014-12-15 10:02:44 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] improved communication :p
2014-12-15 10:03:11 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] thats what has been asked, so what info do you think you should have?
2014-12-15 10:03:23 [Local] [H4mmer 4nd S1ckle] same stats as L quad. i dont really see how ppl can justify 50k for it
2014-12-15 10:04:12 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] not the same stats, faster and with warp drive
2014-12-15 10:04:00 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] he has already clarified it.. we who own more then a million peds ingame.. arent rich enough to buy these quads..
2014-12-15 10:04:02 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] i asked a LOT of questions.. but you are only focussed to explain about the quad... cuz that earns you money right :)
2014-12-15 10:04:08 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] well guess what..we arent dumb enough either :p

A brief overview of what happened today at twin peaks with someone named Mindark Official Asisstant 08 in conversation.

Feel free to share your thoughts which to me now reflect the attitude of Mindark as a company.. Quite a shame really but oh well...

I believe in actions speak louder then words and my actions shall reflect what i made of this conversation for a long time. Nothing to say really :)

Yeah.. Enhanced communication...

I was asking a lot questions about future plans of Entropia development, but the official was only interested to promote the quad equus. :laugh:

But atleast we got some explanation why they are selling the quads and the reason behind the specs.

Last edited:
1+1=27?

I read the text twice, but somehow fail to reach the same conclusion you have...

Nice to see that the oportinity to say to MindArk Official Assistant 08 that 50k for a quad is too much was not missed.
Can't wait for the 10 for the chairman EU style. :laugh:

lol what a terrible way of communicating..
a bit of fun some people wanted,, you cant please everybody all the time,,
I cannot believe anyone would want a red quad with stickers... But would like to meet the people that asked for this

oh and i'm not gonna bid on the quads :yay:

1+1=27?

I read the text twice, but somehow fail to reach the same conclusion you have...

The fact that he compared the equus to "ferrari" (boot size) and then 200k usd to either buy "truck" or " sports vehicle" does not even raise ur eye brows??

Everything does not need to be spelled out , it is the intrinsic meaning they hold. There was more to the convo before and after as well... IF i remember correctly he said something about adding a BO if these dont sell first time around ... I'll scourge through and add those relevant parts as well..:)

The Quad Equus is what it is. It's time to let the market decide. A person either wants it or they don't.

The weight capacity is a critical balancing element. Would you rather they throw balance off and destroy the investments of everyone who owns a Mothership or Privateer? How much would doing that shake market confidence and dissuade people from making future investments? What would that do to your existing investments?

Overall game balance and economic health is more important to me than how many pixelated kilograms a Red Quad Wing can carry.

Space in EU as we know it is incomplete. Only MindArk knows what elements it will incorporate into space over the next months and years. Only MindArk knows what the bigger picture of future space looks like and the Quad Equus is a small piece of that picture.

If I had 50k to spend on something like this, I would buy one as they are now... Although I could do without the yellow logo... The red color is fine though.

2014-12-15 09:57:22 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] its a luxury vehicle, not a transporter to make a living

The main thing that jumped out at me from that was the line above. That tells me all I needed to know.

2014-12-15 10:00:53 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] a bit of fun some people wanted,, you cant please everybody all the time

Are these the same mystery people that asked for mob carcases not to disappear so they could be in their screenshots? :scratch2:

I doubt that was someone from Mindark.. is this a bad joke?

The Quad Equus is what it is. It's time to let the market decide. A person either wants it or they don't.

The weight capacity is a critical balancing element. Would you rather they throw balance off and destroy the investments of everyone who owns a Mothership or Privateer? How much would doing that shake market confidence and dissuade people from making future investments? What would that do to your existing investments?

Overall game balance and economic health is more important to me than how many pixelated kilograms a Red Quad Wing can carry.

Space in EU as we know it is incomplete. Only MindArk knows what elements it will incorporate into space over the next months and years. Only MindArk knows what the bigger picture of what future space looks like and the Quad Equus is a small piece of that picture.

If I had 50k to spend on something like this, I would buy one as they are now... Although I could do without the yellow logo... Red is fine though.

Game Balance does not mean coddling the privateer/MS owners and to that effect increasing the the weight limitation does not have any effect on privateer/MS owners. At 250kg u might want to check how much u can carry around in terms of stackables etc ( Which seems to be what the MS/privateer owners are so worried about including yourself)

For me, it is mostly about MA accepting they made a judgement error and making it right. Not being snobbish/egg headed to not accept there mistake in terms of there design flaw.

I for one wanted MA to make money on these sales as this is good for the economy and for MindArk as a company. Guess they have had enough deposits for this year already :)

The main thing that jumped out at me from that was the line above. That tells me all I needed to know.

That is precisely the comment this thread is about. :)

I doubt that was someone from Mindark.. is this a bad joke?

This was an official avatar.

He probably had a frustrating week end and went a bit mad this monday.

But his attitude... best marketing ever... he left like if we were nothing, a simple "Bye and enjoy Entropia Universe" wouldn't hurt.

Dont like it dont buy it, when shit is asked, answer must be shit too :)

i agree that SB is to high and maybe they could put little extra weight say 200 but anything more than that would make it to good.

This is not transport vehicle this is a taxi or a fast way for people to jump planets whenver they want to, but if u add weight it would ruin motherships and privateers it will already take most of the taxi jobs without transport as it is, and its not a good business model to fuck old investers.

This is not transport vehicle this is a taxi or a fast way for people to jump planets whenver they want to, but if u add weight it would ruin motherships and privateers it will already take most of the taxi jobs without transport as it is, and its not a good business model to fuck old investers.

This is a transport vehicle, hell every vehicle is a transport device for that matter, be it avatar or goods. Just for personal use this one was meant to be and at 250kg , people should actually ask the MS/privateer owners as to how many of there VIP clients usually weigh below 250kg...It in no way puts any risk to either motherships or privateers even for VIP services and with weight limitations at 250k + or - is primarily designed for "
luxury" where the person can travel himself throughout space without having to wait for warp services.

I have a privateer by the way and yet when i need to travel between planets i use the warp services of others because its a pain in the ass to go up and then fly and "do the works". This is all without having any stackables etc.. I pay for the "luxury" of not having to work for it.. Thats what "luxury" is about.

OI!!

I was in that conversation too and you deleted me out :(

BASTARD! :laugh:;):yay:

EDIT TO ADD: Oh yeah, and I fully agree. :)

This is a transport vehicle, hell every vehicle is a transport device for that matter, be it avatar or goods. Just for personal use this one was meant to be and at 250kg , people should actually ask the MS/privateer owners as to how many of there VIP clients usually weigh below 250kg...It in no way puts any risk to either motherships or privateers even for VIP services and with weight limitations at 250k + or - is primarily designed for "
luxury" where the person can travel himself throughout space without having to wait for warp services.

I have a privateer by the way and yet when i need to travel between planets i use the warp services of others because its a pain in the ass to go up and then fly and "do the works". This is all without having any stackables etc.. I pay for the "luxury" of not having to work for it.. Thats what "luxury" is about.

dont want it dont buy it simple.

It is getting painfully obvious. There are a few different camps in this topic:

1. Those who wants the economy to grow
2. Those who complain about everything
3. Those who are angry cause they cannot afford one

I think the comments were great. The money is enough to buy the quad or a privateer. A Ferrari or a truck.

As far as weight limit goes I no longer see any problem. I did at first but then I checked the weight of my carried inventory. The 150kg is enough to bring an armor set, some plates and weapons. Yea, I know some of you carry around a lot more, but I high doubt you use it all.

I'll second what HW said, they are what they are, now let the market decide.

dont want it dont buy it simple.

This thread was to discuss the attitude of MA and not the equus itself.

It is getting painfully obvious. There are a few different camps in this topic:

1. Those who wants the economy to grow
2. Those who complain about everything
3. Those who are angry cause they cannot afford one

I think the comments were great. The money is enough to buy the quad or a privateer. A Ferrari or a truck.

As far as weight limit goes I no longer see any problem. I did at first but then I checked the weight of my carried inventory. The 150kg is enough to bring an armor set, some plates and weapons. Yea, I know some of you carry around a lot more, but I high doubt you use it all.

I'll second what HW said, they are what they are, now let the market decide.

There are only two camps i see, MS/privateer owners and everybody else but whateva.

This thread was to discuss the attitude of MA and not the equus itself.

There are only two camps i see, MS/privateer owners and everybody else but whateva.

Well, for the equus, we just need to wait and see.

Regarding the attitude which was your original concern: I actually don't see much of an issue in the first chat but that might simply be that I'm getting used to it, or that I am biased as I often take the pro-MA side. I think that the questions asked were not very well phrased. Obviously, you do have the required funds, so the funds are not an issue. The problem seems to to be that you put too much value on your money to be part of the target audience for these.

I don't think they intended every wealthy avatar to buy these, but people who do not care about their money. Correct me if I am wrong but you run
a bank don't you? You run a shop as well? You are with other words putting effort into your in game business and trying to make money of it. Of course your appraisal of the quads will be a lot lower while perhaps the targeted players don't even care to make an appraisal.

You sir, are rich enough to buy one. However, you are here trying to make money while the targeted players are here trying to waste money. Now, lets hope they sell so we get red quads in space and more money in game.

We can't blame ...08.... we have get a hold of ....01.... guess ....08.... lacked the knowledge responding the way he did. :)

I think people are looking at this conversation with their own mindset which is negative from the start (e.g. too expensive, just a recolored quad etc. etc.).

Luxury items cost a lot of money, few can afford that. It actually is that simple. If you cannot justify spending at least 50k ped for it, than don't buy it. Since there were already SBs on 2 of them yesterday, it seems some people can justify it. It is that simple, nothing more.

I think people are looking at this conversation with their own mindset which is negative from the start (e.g. too expensive, just a recolored quad etc. etc.).

Luxury items cost a lot of money, few can afford that. It actually is that simple. If you cannot justify spending at least 50k ped for it, than don't buy it. Since there were already SBs on 2 of them yesterday, it seems some people can justify it. It is that simple, nothing more.

Questions were asked, answers given like a 8y old kid well that's just too funny.

2014-12-15 10:00:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] yes.. but never seen someone take off the clothes to get into one..have u?

I have but as Jimmy Carr would say it was gentlemens special interest.

The future issue could be if they start to offer other premium items, console games have a favourite of making special edition gold weapons - gold guns in GoW for example.

For a lot of us we stayed with EU because it wasn't like that.

Last edited:
Well, for the equus, we just need to wait and see.

Regarding the attitude which was your original concern: I actually don't see much of an issue in the first chat but that might simply be that I'm getting used to it, or that I am biased as I often take the pro-MA side. I think that the questions asked were not very well phrased. Obviously, you do have the required funds, so the funds are not an issue. The problem seems to to be that you put too much value on your money to be part of the target audience for these.

I don't think they intended every wealthy avatar to buy these, but people who do not care about their money. Correct me if I am wrong but you run
a bank don't you? You run a shop as well? You are with other words putting effort into your in game business and trying to make money of it. Of course your appraisal of the quads will be a lot lower while perhaps the targeted players don't even care to make an appraisal.

You sir, are rich enough to buy one. However, you are here trying to make money while the targeted players are here trying to waste money. Now, lets hope they sell so we get red quads in space and more money in game.

The problem here mate is that it was not meant for making money ( as far as i am concerned) but as a tool of luxury. This was what i would call an expense and not an investment.

There are things i do in game which make me money but never do i do anything that makes me money at the expense of enjoyment ( this is not my job and I make 10x irl and that is also the reason i don't withdraw my profits ). Its about time i start to do that anyway because obviously MA has so much peds now that they dont know what to do with it.

It is not that simple. This is if i am not mistaken the first time MA has tried to sell us a "luxury" item which is not backed with any data or reason justifying the price. If you have ever seen any such sale from MA, then let me know as i have not.

So this is basically a shift in there philosophy which if goes unquestioned can lead to much bigger issues.

What kind of fun scenarios with this vehicle he was speaking?

Without going to much into detail about the offensive way question were asked again and again, trying to argue about a given item - i think the answer given by the offical was perfectly clear and leaves no doubt about what these equus quads are about:
'2014-12-15 09:57:22 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] its a luxury vehicle, not a transporter to make a living'

To put it simple and clear, in case you didnt spot it in the first place - they are NOT a transporter to make a living they are just luxury to drive/fly around quickly.

The comparision between truck and ferrari was given and i think it was a very good and fitting sample, you dont drive a ferrari to race around comfy if you want to drive convenient you can drive an upper class mercedes, be driven in a limousine, etc. - a ferrari is not a car to drive on vaccation to another country (except if you dont need much luggage as it gets driven to your target by someone else) nor is an equus quad meant for people to fly to another planet fully armored and with all their stuff.

The equus can transport 100kg and everyone who is willing to use it for transport and strips of everything can load 100kg in items/stackables into it without receiving any penalty.
Increasing this to 200kg, would give some people more convenience to keep their armor sets and weapons without having to make a choice, but it also would allow people who strip themself to transport 200kg in stackables/items and this is what is NOT intended as was clearly stated by the mindark offical.

Back