According to MindArk Officials we are not "Rich" Enough :-)

But a real Ferrari does gets you pussy IRL!
Last year I showed my my wife my collection on EU over the past eight years. She advised me that I obviously don't get enough sex. So now I don't play very much, but I get laid every night! So yes I get laid because of my purchases in EU! Ty MA :yay:

We want a windo

Last year I showed my my wife my collection on EU over the past eight years. She advised me that I obviously don't get enough sex. So now I don't play very much, but I get laid every night! So yes I get laid because of my purchases in EU! Ty MA :yay:

Well if you look at it both ways, one guy says that a very expensive car gets you laid, another says that because of all the things he's done in EU, that his wife now pays more attention to him and he gets all the loving he wants..

Now as for me... The bottom line of this "Rich" iossue is like somoen pointed out.

The reality of this game is that 99% of the player base can not afford an equus, even with the 5K USD price tag. Heck for that same 5K I could get a small space wing of fighters from antoehr game (which shall remain nameless (but you guys know which one I'm refering to.)

but seriously the two things that killed the deal with me and the purchase of this bird isn't the speed or the warp drive capability, it's the fact that

1. It is bright red. (Come on MA, get a clue espeically since you support piorracy!) any pirate would love to get his hands on a customizable quad (where he (or she) Can add their own customization to the bird and thus making it virtually hidden to the naked eye.. But Bright red? *Facepalm* Worst color scheme ever for a fighter vehicle taht should be used for stealth than being out there waving a big bullseye and you are at the center of it all

2. The other issues is the fact that the bird has no upgraded armor, no additional cew, or even no shields.. and no new weapons to spak of..(Come on put some rail ghuns or some plasma or particle beam cannons on our birds, but the same old same old?

I'm going to put a simple point out here and in fact MA should seriously watch this one scene from the right stuff.. and in fact if you think we're all rich get a clue MA, we're not..

but you know what makes your bankroll happen? It's funding..

Let John Glenn and Gordon Cooper spell it out for you..

and I'll support what they say..

"We want a window."

And an over priced 5000 USD Bird isn't a space craft. It's a capsule. And we're astronaut pilots.

Come on MA, make more of us as Buck Rogers not lame ducks.

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Pilot Call sign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper}

Well if you look at it both ways, one guy says that a very expensive car gets you laid, another says that because of all the things he's done in EU, that his wife now pays more attention to him and he gets all the loving he wants..

Now as for me... The bottom line of this "Rich" iossue is like somoen pointed out.

The reality of this game is that 99% of the player base can not afford an equus, even with the 5K USD price tag. Heck for that same 5K I could get a small space wing of fighters from antoehr game (which shall remain nameless (but you guys know which one I'm refering to.)

but seriously the two things that killed the deal with me and the purchase of this bird isn't the speed or the warp drive capability, it's the fact that

1. It is bright red. (Come on MA, get a clue espeically since you support piorracy!) any pirate would love to get his hands on a customizable quad (where he (or she) Can add their own customization to the bird and thus making it virtually hidden to the naked eye.. But Bright red? *Facepalm* Worst color scheme ever for a fighter vehicle taht should be used for stealth than being out there waving a big bullseye and you are at the center of it all

2. The other issues is the fact that the bird has no upgraded armor, no additional cew, or even no shields.. and no new weapons to spak of..(Come on put some rail ghuns or some plasma or particle beam cannons on our birds, but the same old same old?

I'm going to put a simple point out here and in fact MA should seriously watch this one scene from the right stuff.. and in fact if you think we're all rich get a clue MA, we're not..

but you know what makes your bankroll happen? It's funding..

Let John Glenn and Gordon Cooper spell it out for you..

and I'll support what they say..

"We want a window."

And an over priced 5000 USD Bird isn't a space craft. It's a capsule. And we're astronaut pilots.

Come on MA, make more of us as Buck Rogers not lame ducks.

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Pilot Call sign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper}
Yes I would love to see this implemented. I also think that done correctly, this could boost the economy of all planets by utilizing resources from each planet in upgrading, repairing, modifications, and a slew of other ideas.

So if MA is going to listen to some ideas, not necessarily this one, please use it in a manner that increases smart play to benefit all involved.

As for the quads, I understand they directed these to the wealthy playboys looking for a bit of fun and status. For that reason, I like this quad. I'm sure that there will be one for the rest of us who want a work horse, but before that happens, I think they need to implement other factors in space as to not distort the balance of all that is involved. ;)

Hand us some Rocktropia chick who running after us and screaming I love you with the purchase of this red ferrari.

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Stop and think about a pirate with a (L) Quad...

He sits up in space, for hours, just sitting there waiting for some poor soul to show up and fly into lootable. That (L) pirate is an ambush predator.... Sitting and waiting. While he sits there, he has every chat channel that exists in game open, trying to figure out what the best possible place to sit and wait is... Which planet has the highest probability of space travelers with loot? That's the pirate's whole world, that's his game, and once he decides on a place he is committed because it's an hour long flight to change locations.

Now a warp pirate is a different animal.... We are talking about a true hunter, able to be anywhere instantly.

The pirate aspect aside, the bread and butter of these Quad Equus will likely be the Cargo Containers.

Now a warp pirate is a different animal.... We are talking about a true hunter, able to be anywhere instantly.
It's good to think that pirates will waste not only 7+ ped to shoot down an empty quad, but also 3+ ped on each warp :yup:

It's good to think that pirates will waste not only 7+ ped to shoot down an empty quad, but also 3+ ped on each warp :yup:

People's Quads aren't always empty :wise:

Plus that, the upcoming Cargo Container system gives an incentive for people to be pirates. Unless the existing (L) Pirates cough up the PEDs for an Equus, I think they just might go the way of the dinosaur... Extinct.

That doesn't count; that's your own wife!

I think they're trying too hard to protect the mothership investments by keeping all other ships' abilities down. Motherships have 3 features, they're repairable, you can launch ships from them and they warp. Because they don't do much more, MA was worried that a warp capable ship would make MSs pointless. So they crippled the new equus. What they SHOULD have done to maintain the high price of motherships is improve the motherships themselves. Make them awesome ships and bring out new features every year (missiles, shields, long range scanners, the options are pretty much endless.)

It's like clothes. The expensive clothes in the game should be expensive because they look the best and are limited in number.... not because they were assigned a very high TT value. And definitely not because all the other clothes are purposely made to look bad.

If they want space to be good, they need great ships. But with the sale of the equus at 50k, I'm afraid MA's vision of space is very unimaginative and will fail unless they make some really big changes to existing ships next year.

Last edited:
That doesn't count; that's your own wife!
LOL, it's still pussy! ;) I know a few married men who only get sex once or twice a month. True I was already doing well every second day, but I'm doing much better with every day! :yup: Maybe if these men were to not pay as much attention to their wives or put 5k on a quad!!??? Things might change. Of course it depends on the women they married! :)

Ultimately, yes you are more then correct. Pull up to a bar with an Alienware laptop and show off your Ferrari quad, and see what happens, or pull up to the bar in a real Ferrari. :laugh: Then again if your interested in gamer chicks, you may have a better chance at a different local!

You may have a better chance if you pull up to a gaming convention with your laptop then you would in a real Ferrari, but I would bet it would be a 50/50 split. :wtg: Either way, it depends on the women your after and the location! :yup:

Snip...

What they SHOULD have done to maintain the high price of motherships is improve the motherships themselves. Make them awesome ships and bring out new features every year (missiles, shields, long range scanners, the options are pretty much endless.)

snip

im sure a lot of those features are on the way ;)

It is not that simple. This is if i am not mistaken the first time MA has tried to sell us a "luxury" item which is not backed with any data or reason justifying the price. If you have ever seen any such sale from MA, then let me know as i have not.

As has already been discussed, almost every single apartment, house and castle on Calypso was sold by MA on auction. They serve no purpose what-so-ever, except making your life easier to some extent (storage, but could easily be replaced by storage boxes) and giving you bragging rights (luxury).

But more luxury items have been sold directly to the players. There was of course the arts exhibition selling both ingame and RL art. I have no idea if anyone bought RL art, but some ingame art was definitely sold. Art has no purpose other than looking artsy, so far as I know.

And some clothes were also sold directly from MA to the players. I'm thinking about the vexed generation stuff here. What's the point of clothes, anyway? None.

Why not let this guy buy all the quads and hand them out to all of us?

Okay now if Mindark says we're not rich enough, and that we can't afford one of their Equus ships, I know a guy who could in theory but all the quads that MA is offering, and not even doing so breaking a sweat..

And the irony is.. It's one of their own countrymen.. (Yep the guy's from Sweden)

Just recently this Gentleman sold his game idea to another american company (*M_c_o_o_t*_ and in fact the amount he sold it to was the 2.5 billion dollars, (yes I'm refering to that guy the one who had that very popular game that in some ways is so popular, some 19 million players play on it most every day..

(*and if you don't know what I'm refering to it's M_n_C_a_t.)

Now if Mindark thinks that even he can't afford it, well that's where they're dead worong.. Cause "Notch" just today bought a 70 million dollar mansion in of all Places Beverly Hills (Calfironia) and in fact it's the most expensive place in the REAL world (Compare that to the 345K USD that a certain canadian did when he bought Crystal palace, of the 100K American who bought an Asterod..)

The pont is that "Notch" Could easily walk into this game (and at 5K a pop) buy up all 25 of them and then decided who got the quads based on who he felt would be most worthy to own them..

ANd like I said, we're talking about a guy who just 3 months ago was handed a check for 2.5 billion dollars, is a gamer, and in fact developed a game that was more popular than this one..

Notch, if you're out there and listneing in, do us a favor.. Then get the best programmers you can get, who know the code, and above all listen to the players, (Where' valued customers be we rich or poor..

After all what's 125K to a guy from sweden? Not a lot for a game designer...

So yeah I just have this to say.. Let's hope he gets those quads before MA throws a hissy fit because no one wants to buy such an overpirced vehicle that has really no purpose to be in a game..

As a fellow gamer told me (and yes he's a former EU player0 It's all about functionality rather than status sysmbol that makes this game what it is.. The same goes for the game Notch sold, and in fact I am him? We're playing in that other game right now.. and enjoying it.. As for MA? Well oce they get an idea that Not all of us are rich, will they realized that they bit off more than they could chew, and in the end they choked on that Well done steak I would love to have..

On second thought, I'll take BBQ boneless chicken.. Way healthier than steak..

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Space Pilot call sign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

As has already been discussed, almost every single apartment, house and castle on Calypso was sold by MA on auction. They serve no purpose what-so-ever, except making your life easier to some extent (storage, but could easily be replaced by storage boxes) and giving you bragging rights (luxury).

But more luxury items have been sold directly to the players. There was of course the arts exhibition selling both ingame and RL art. I have no idea if anyone bought RL art, but some ingame art was definitely sold. Art has no purpose other than looking artsy, so far as I know.

And some clothes were also sold directly from MA to the players. I'm thinking about the vexed generation stuff here. What's the point of clothes, anyway? None.

^^This.

Luxury items are nothing new. Apartments, clothes, castles, etc these are all luxury items in that they serve no practical purpose except maybe to a very small niche or in some very subjective way. What's the point of painting your vehicles? Plastic Surgery? Hair styling? It's all luxury from the eyes of a profiteer.

What would be disturbing is if they were pumping out luxury item after luxury item instead of focusing on serious gameplay issues and development, but I don't believe we're on that road yet!

Still, I feel where OP is coming from. Ultra-expensive and essentially useless items are not something I can react positively to, but nearly -every- game has them, why not EU? If the market denies these items, MA won't make the same mistake twice, let's hope. Can't blame them for experimenting. I don't think the sky is falling just yet. But we should be watchful.

The Quad Equus is what it is. It's time to let the market decide. A person either wants it or they don't.

I agree with you here. To come the MindArk's defense, they wouldn't have done something like this unless they saw a viable market for it. We all know there are players out there who would kill to be the proud owners of a shiny red Quad, indeed some have already bought one - I've seen them in Twin. I do also agree that with a game like this, you can't keep everyone happy all of the time - it's the sad but inevitable truth & one which quietly terrifies me.

This kind of thing I don't mind so much about. It earns MA money, it keeps the flashy players happy and (while I do agree that 50k is a lot (I mean, 50k for a quad!)) keeps the whole thing turning round.

I don't see how this really effects me at all in game other than making me a tiny big jealous ;)

Mitchy

This kind of thing I don't mind so much about. It earns MA money, it keeps the flashy players happy and (while I do agree that 50k is a lot (I mean, 50k for a quad!)) keeps the whole thing turning round.

Sure! Time to add some spinoff momentum I think. MA could write some "dev notes" about some future "Space Citizenship" for happy Equads Owners. (those who have two such quads will receive DOUBLE CITIZENSHIP!)

oh wait...

Back