According to MindArk Officials we are not "Rich" Enough :-)

:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::idea::shots::yup:

Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

Never heard of any being sold by MA to the EU public. I think u'r confusing with what they bought as a way to write off tax :)

There are a couple of castles on calypso that I never heard of having any practical use other than luxury. (perhaps I am wrong)

There are a couple of castles on calypso that I never heard of having any practical use other than luxury. (perhaps I am wrong)

I would think such a big storage area would be very useful and can be converted to a very big shopping area or storage back then. However this is before my time and i have no idea how or what they were sold for. Any more details can u share?

I would think such a big storage area would be very useful and can be converted to a very big shopping area or storage back then. However this is before my time and i have no idea how or what they were sold for. Any more details can u share?

They were(are?) big, stone and empty. I think one was used to display art screens.
When I started there was one at the nasty revival south of the river from PA where noobs always got stuck.

I think there is one at nymph that Majore (i always forget how his name is spelled) has used most recently?

They were(are?) big, stone and empty. I think one was used to display art screens.
When I started there was one at the nasty revival south of the river from PA where noobs always got stuck.

I think there is one at nymph that Majore (i always forget how his name is spelled) has used most recently?

There is also TI castle which deathifier got along with TI and then the one hardwrath is trying to sell named strength keep, south of twin peaks. TI was given with the Land, what about the rest?? How was it sold and what value?

There is also TI castle which deathifier got along with TI and then the one hardwrath is trying to sell named strength keep, south of twin peaks. TI was given with the Land, what about the rest?? How was it sold and what value?

The one south of Nymphtown was the first major real estate sale if I'm not mistaken.
Maybe first real estate at all that was sold by MA. No clue about prize. Some wiki might know.

Never heard of any being sold by MA to the EU public. I think u'r confusing with what they bought as a way to write off tax :)
They all were auctioned by MA. Chateau Liberte, for instance, was bought for 45k peds. I think that pretty much sets some luxury standards for MA to follow.

As i have said before everything MA sold before had a value they backed with data and not just a "luxury item" . This marks a change in there philosophy which is disturbing to say the least.

except apartments. or clothing. nope, no change of philosophy.

shadow set 15,9 kg

imk2 / modmerc + attachments + fap + tp chip and such ~ 20 kg

50 pairs of stiletto boots = 5kg

fapper and his armor + fap + tp chip whatever ~ 25 kg

--

need to pick your inventory carefully and its luxury.

equus.jpg

Reactions: SHY
Thinking about it. Didn't MA sell a shitload of MS with nothing to back them up, Space wasn't available and no one would confirm that space was lootable. People bought because they thought they'd be the ones to control access to the other planets.

I go hunting to other planets all the time and never took over 150k of armors and guns.
I take on average 3 armor sets and 21 plates
All Chips and tools
5 or 6 L guns and 5 UL guns
average 70 to 90 kg

150kg works for me... But i also want it cheaper

I go hunting to other planets all the time and never took over 150k of armors and guns.
I take on average 3 armor sets and 21 plates
All Chips and tools
5 or 6 L guns and 5 UL guns
average 70 to 90 kg

150kg works for me... But i also want it cheaper

Me too.. although I don't carry that much of an arsenal.

1-2 full armor sets + 1-2 sets of plates, 2 UL guns + UL mace + amps, FAP, mining tools, quad, sleip, 3 TP chips, heal chip and ammo. 150kg would be fine with me. If I had to fly with someone else, I'd make sure to grab the things I REALLY need for the trip, not what I MIGHT need. Worse comes to worst, I can always warp back to pick up the rest of my stuff :)

But since I don't have the PED nor do I have any interest in buying one of these, I'll just stick to MS/privateer warps instead as I always have.

everything in this game is an option, you lived and played just fine before introduction of these quads you can keep doing what works for you. if mindark is unable to unload all 25 quads i am sure they'll make necessary adjustments. the only real issue i have is that they have change their auction "policy" or behavior, doing a starting bid of 50k ped for a 42tt item, i always thought they were under the let the ppl or player base dictate demand and market adjusted mark up.

the only real issue i have is that they have change their auction "policy" or behavior, doing a starting bid of 50k ped for a 42tt item, i always thought they were under the let the ppl or player base dictate demand and market adjusted mark up.

- Moon (future Monria), starting bid 1.5M ped
- Stables, starting bids of 20k ped
- CLDs, CPD and other items of 0.001 pec tt value and way greater SB

So nothing new really.

So nothing new really.

Aye and as far as i know there is not a single item that mindark has sold which has a marketvalue lower then its salesprice from the initial mindark auction.
Mindark has always made sure that players who purchase from initial auction benefit from it.
Though that is not a free voucher to spent crazy amounts on stuff just to make mindark improve stuff later...ah the egg... ;)

If I want to take advantage of the warp capability I basically need to leave my hunting gear behind. So what am I going to do on the other planet when I get there?

There is no price at which this vehicle becomes useful to me. Which I guess is one definition of a luxury item. So props to MA for being honest.

tbh if you can spend that much for a little convenience then they'll probably think you'll have all the kit you'll need on the other planet in storage so you don't need to take any with you.

So nothing new really.

but with those the purpose was they'd earn cash on them without the need to be an active player. The only way this ship works is to be a short notice vip shuttle craft.

So this is basically a shift in there philosophy which if goes unquestioned can lead to much bigger issues.

You may be right that there is a shift in philosophy, but consider two things:

1) MA is a cash-poor company with an unprofitable history that is trying to turn the corner into profitability. Clearly, this and other direct-to-player "luxury item" sales are intended to infuse cash into the company and buy more time.
2) Have you been paying attention at all for the last 10+ years? MA has been undergoing philosophical shifts on a somewhat regular basis in attempting to find the sweet spot of profitability. Surely, as someone who makes 10x your pedcard value each year, you understand the business side of running a company....right?

You may be right that there is a shift in philosophy, but consider two things:

1) MA is a cash-poor company with an unprofitable history that is trying to turn the corner into profitability. Clearly, this and other direct-to-player "luxury item" sales are intended to infuse cash into the company and buy more time.
2) Have you been paying attention at all for the last 10+ years? MA has been undergoing philosophical shifts on a somewhat regular basis in attempting to find the sweet spot of profitability. Surely, as someone who makes 10x your pedcard value each year, you understand the business side of running a company....right?

LOL cash-poor is only because top echelon people drain it so badly for themselves.

According to MindArk Officials we are not "Rich" Enough :)

Then they need to give os better loot and less nerfs.:wise:

It's not supposed to think MA will make us richer but they must motivate us because if they continue as at present to make everything we own goes down in value and the loot gets worse all the time and all repairs becomes more expensive + a lot of nerfs...

Can you call it for a good motivation from the company for the players to put more money into the game.......

Last edited:
Deleted, replied to wrong thread :ahh:

2014-12-15 09:59:28 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] agreed..but they wont buy a sport car if the sports car said that u need to lose your clothes and then u can fit into the car

*Thinks of the women who would want to go along for a ride....*

The problem I have is MA has so far released only these options for space flight:

Options for the 1% wealthiest players:

1) 5 UL quads (~30k peds, but generally not available to buy)
2) 25 UL Equus (50k+ peds, impractical)
3) 20 motherships (100k+ peds each)
4) 70 privateers (50k+ peds each)

Options for regular players (99%):

1) Sleipnir (<50 peds each, aka pirate fodder)
2) Quad (<100 peds each)

This is a severe imbalance, and it's the second biggest reason space will remain boring for the 99% of players. The most important reason of course is because there's almost nothing to do in space but travel from one planet to another).

We need dozens of ships between the Quad and the Equus, at all price points and lots of unique features and functions.

The difference in features between the 100 ped and the 50,000 ped ship must be MASSIVE! No, it's only about 13% faster, oh and it has a warp drive that only works if you and your passenger leave all your belongings on one planet. This is not "balanced", it's boring. MA has said they don't care about MU but they're so worried about preserving the huge MU on a few uber ships, that they've basically shut down their ability to create any variety and fun in space for the rest of us. MA needs to hire someone from another space MMO ASAP, or at least play one of those games for a few weeks to see what EU space is missing.

[Name of hugely successful space MMO removed] is fun because you can choose between two ships: frigates or titans... yeah right!

From the minds who brought (After 7 years) broken tamming...

Dootted up "Luxary" lines of code that move your avatar.

For only the down payment of an actual car? Well...fucking hang me by a noose.
How did we not see this coming?

So props to MA for being honest.

Actually, I dont think that they are being 100% honest. Is it a luxury vehicle, sure, it can be.

However, this is an attack ship, and I think that its intended to be a pirate ship. Eventually some, not all, but some of these will fall into pirate hands. It might happen right away or it might take years. I think that the intent here is to shake up space a little. When MindArk removes the ability to take your avatar offline when you log out while warping on a Privateer or Mothership, it will shake space up a lot because warp mines will be an everyday reality.

The best way to shake up space is to simply add more of a mob selection, give us some space mobs that have 10K to 30K HP... Mothership and Privateer guns to some epic damage so lets put them to sue. Make better thicker spawns, triple and quadruple the density... Make some some massive shared loot hunting events in safe space as well as lootable space... I'm talking million HP robot invasion ships. This all will draw people to space, after all, hunting is the core of the game.

Introduce space mining too.

When all of these kinds of things start to come to fruition it will be a new era for space and the game as a whole.

Make some some massive shared loot hunting events in safe space as well as lootable space... I'm talking million HP robot invasion ships. This all will draw people to space, after all, hunting is the core of the game.

Lootable pvp hunting is not the core of the game, so I agree, we need safe space activities (or relatively safe).

MA becoming another planet partner would conflict with them selling the PP franchises. At the moment their just doing the minimum to show they're still doing something (although in this case I think it's more about the cash).

Hand over space to the PP's and let them get on with it we might see some interesting stuff begin to happen.

2014-12-15 09:58:54 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] if someone has 200k us in the real world, they can buy a truck and try to make a living,, a buy a sports car to look cool and go fast everwhere
2014-12-15 09:59:21 [Local] [Stig Chronos Brannlund] but you can compete with a sports car
2014-12-15 09:59:23 [Local] [Electra Sparks Lightning] quad in color does look better than old black n white quad
2014-12-15 09:59:28 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] agreed..but they wont buy a sport car if the sports car said that u need to lose your clothes and then u can fit into the car
2014-12-15 09:59:30 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] lol... TY a LOT for explaining...
2014-12-15 09:59:44 [Local] [Shy Less DarkLight] just the perfect thing this community needs to hear
2014-12-15 10:00:15 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] have you ever see the boot of a Ferrari?
2014-12-15 10:00:31 [Local] [Divinity Deth Undefined] yes.. but never seen someone take off the clothes to get into one..have u?
2014-12-15 10:00:32 [Local] [Jade Demoniac Malkov] dont usually carry armour in a ferrari either

But a real Ferrari does gets you pussy IRL!

But a real Ferrari does gets you pussy IRL!

In EU you grab a 3$ whip, go to RT and tame yourself as many pussies as your storage can hold :D
You can even legally sell them afterwards!

EU-RL 2:0

Back