According to MindArk Officials we are not "Rich" Enough :-)

The equus can transport 100kg and everyone who is willing to use it for transport and strips of everything can load 100kg in items/stackables into it without receiving any penalty.
Increasing this to 200kg, would give some people more convenience to keep their armor sets and weapons without having to make a choice, but it also would allow people who strip themself to transport 200kg in stackables/items and this is what is NOT intended as was clearly stated by the mindark offical.

So let me get this straight, you are saying that once log off is removed , an equus is actually safer/better to travel in instead of an MS with 100k SI?? That people will risk there stackable in an unprotected low SI quad , slightly faster then normal quads but can be ambushed easily ( and if pirates get an equus then the speed advantage is gone as well).

Since u keep talking about what MA said, are u making a statement that it is a threat to your service with a 200-250kg limit?? If not, then stop quoting what MA official said and start talking facts and figures. You have been in the business long enough to know what the facts are.

Actually, I thought the truck/sports car analogy was pretty good.
Truck = cargo/transport business. Sports car = speed/fun/personal convenience.
And typing replies to multiple people asking different questions simultaneously is never easy. Ask any WoF Support captain who's not on TeamSpeak etc.

Speaking personally, if I was traveling around from planet to planet again, I'd certainly be interested in one of these Equus quads.

Sure I'd be overweight given what I normally carry around a planet when hunting and mining, but I don't carry anything lootable in space, and I only ever used to carry a couple of armor sets, a couple of guns/faps, the UL mining gear -and all the blueprints. Stripped down similar to what I do for a WoF hunt and I'd be under the weight limit with no problem.

And a warp drive! The time saving alone from that would be great :)
There's nothing more luxurious than convenience :wise:

I've only ever travelled on a mothership once, when Sakuba kindly offered me a free ride back to Calypso last time I was on Ark a couple of years ago, to save me the flight time in my quad and as he was travelling that route anyway. I'm sure many players use them for carrying loot around safely - I've just never been one of them. I sell loot on the planet I find it.

More than anything else though, I like to do things ingame when I'm ready to go, not wait around to hook up with a pilot or mothership.
Part of the reason I became a pilot myself back in 2007, was the inconvenience of waiting around for flights up or down from CND - hanging around til after midnight waiting for European or American based pilots to log in. More than once I had to just cancel my seat, and try again the next day - again waiting around for hours ofc.

Price? I'm pretty sure most of the items that MindArk have introduced have been claimed by players to be overpriced. And yet they sell. And re-sell. Often for considerably more than the original sale price.
I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen with these as well.

Price? I'm pretty sure most of the items that MindArk have introduced have been claimed by players to be overpriced. And yet they sell. And re-sell. Often for considerably more than the original sale price.
I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen with these as well.

As i have said before everything MA sold before had a value they backed with data and not just a "luxury item" . This marks a change in there philosophy which is disturbing to say the least.

As for stripping to make a warp or fly, thats not luxury, thats called "budget travelling" and as such is basically false advertising on MA's behalf. Damn, I keep getting back to equus..lol

Read through the chatlog and the Ma guy seemed fairly straight up about everything.

The Equus is what it is, and he was simply telling people.

Maybe not for me but some people will want them.

As for stripping to make a warp or fly, thats not luxury, thats called "budget travelling" ...

Um... it's not at all unusual for me to be carrying 20-30 guns, several melee weapons, multiple faps, dozens of MF chips, various armor sets, vehicles, god only knows what else around when I'm just schlepping around a planet.
But I certainly don't need to drag all that stuff from planet to planet when I travel.

And for that matter, when I travel in RL, I travel light .. and carry a credit card for anything extra I really need once I arrive. Too much 'stuff' just makes life harder :)

And for that matter, when I travel in RL, I travel light .. and carry a credit card for anything extra I really need once I arrive. Too much 'stuff' just makes life harder :)

When i travel first class I dont really need to care irl as the porter takes care of the luggage and of course i have a car with me so luggage does not bother. If i am on a budget , then i need to carry it all myself and perhaps wait for the bus or take a cab from point to point. "Luxury" is about more then necessity by the definition of it :)

All is good if the buyers of these quads want this luxurious item, but if they are expecting a return then hellll no (first buyer "i am an investor" did MA just burst his/her bubble?).

No miner will ever use this quad to transport his goods, the SI should answer all question, but the official said it already (some) ppl wanted this item so let them have it i guess.

"Luxury" is about more then necessity by the definition of it :)

Luxury is what someone affords that others may not and which he/she enjoys to do so.
It can be a sports car, its can be a private yacht, or it can be something simple like going to the haircutter even though you could do it yourself.
Just because you define 'luxury' for yourself different then others doesnt make something which you refuse to spent your money on but were others do spent less 'luxury'.
The fact alone that you dont want to spent money on it because you dont 'need' it makes it 'luxury'.

In regards to your claims about what i assume or not assume or 'say' in regards to space transport services and the impact of the equus, i think you shouldnt make assumptions comming from a point of view with alot less practical experience then i do and maybe just refer to what is written and not what you may want to read into it.
Same i recommend for when you read mindark offical statements/answers.
Sometimes the most likely meaning is the obvious one and not what someone assumes it to be.

All is good if the buyers of these quads want this luxurious item, but if they are expecting a return then hellll no (first buyer "i am an investor" did MA just burst his/her bubble?).

No miner will ever use this quad to transport his goods, the SI should answer all question, but the official said it already (some) ppl wanted this item so let them have it i guess.

Another thing I just realized is that with this sale MA has put a price tag on warping. A vehicle described as Divinity asks for would, if ever implemented, cost a lot more. A lesser warp capable vehicle would need some huge nerfs to be affordable if we use the Equus as a point of reference.

Last edited:
The fact alone that you dont want to spent money on it because you dont 'need' it makes it 'luxury'.

"Cant use it" ( due to overt weight restrictions) is not the same as "dont need it" or do i need to explain the difference.

In regards to your claims about what i assume or not assume or 'say' in regards to space transport services and the impact of the equus, i think you shouldnt make assumptions about comming from a point of view with alot less practical experience then i do and maybe just refer to what is written and not what you may want to read into it.
Same i recommend for when you read mindark offical statements/answers.
Sometimes the most likely meaning is the obvious one and not what someone assumes it to be.

As usual in ur typical style you will post a bunch of stuff without answering the question, which was simple. " Does it pose a threat to your business if the weight limit is increased"? If it is, and you think that your business gets affected by it in your behemoth of a ship , say so :). You say you have more practical experience in space and to that i agree, at least i hope you do. So based on your "extensive experience" what does it say?? Is it a threat or no?

If u reply to this without an answer to my quesition, I will choose to bypass your reply as with other trolls i choose to ignore. :)

You still discussing this shit before space v2.0 implemented?

Great.

"Cant use it" ( due to overt weight restrictions) is not the same as "dont need it" or do i need to explain the difference.

As usual in ur typical style you will post a bunch of stuff without answering the question, which was simple. " Does it pose a threat to your business if the weight limit is increased"? If it is, and you think that your business gets affected by it in your behemoth of a ship , say so :). You say you have more practical experience in space and to that i agree, at least i hope you do. So based on your "extensive experience" what does it say?? Is it a threat or no?

If u reply to this without an answer to my quesition, I will choose to bypass your reply as with other trolls i choose to ignore. :)

Your argueing like a child - 'nanana im too heavy and no i dont want to leave my 50 plush toys behind and i need the equus but it cant carry my 50 plush toys...' is basically what your saying.
You already own a privateers so you can employ your own pilot and get summoned dropped whereever you like and you can upgrade it to several 100k si if you wish - you got the choice between luxury limousine and luxury sportscar and it looks like your are the 'limousine guy' but maybe not as i dont think that you have a regular pilot employed yet to fly you around.
To answer your question, yes i think 25 equus quads without weight limitations will make sure that space like it is intented wont work for several more years to come. No i dont think they are a direct thread to my bussiness and no they cant challenge my mothership however they will impact the to be introcuded universal transport bussiness and therefor negatively impact all privateer and mothership owners as well as mindarks revenue since mindark widens the gap for players to bypass their universal auction system with every kg weight limitation they add to a unlimited warp capable ship.
Ships with limited warpdrives can be balanced as time goes on just by making certain drops more or less rare an unlimited drive can not be affected by this and other restrictions therefor have to be severe.

It is not that simple. This is if i am not mistaken the first time MA has tried to sell us a "luxury" item which is not backed with any data or reason justifying the price. If you have ever seen any such sale from MA, then let me know as i have not.

So this is basically a shift in there philosophy which if goes unquestioned can lead to much bigger issues.

You might be right about the precedent thing here. Although I would consider the sale of Motherships somewhat similar. But who am I to judge. ;)

P.S. Compet deeds are being sold based on one 10 minute graph and some vague description of how great of a game its going to be.

I only asked why they had to be 50k :p and got the reply about ferrari lol
i also asked if they could say something about how the new warp drives would work, not a single reply.

I felt that the mindark official appearance in twin was just a showboat and brag. makes me wonder how desperate they really are getting in more PED's in the game....:wise:
its not a luxury flight if you cant with wasy move from planet to planet without emptying your pockets because of the weightlimit (i mean nonstackables).

i think the actual question here is: Do we buy everything thats new and shiny? or should we stop and think about what we are doing lol.

But i wish them that buys it, that they have a good time, and enjoy it full. :)

Last edited:
It is not that simple. This is if i am not mistaken the first time MA has tried to sell us a "luxury" item which is not backed with any data or reason justifying the price. If you have ever seen any such sale from MA, then let me know as i have not.
Too short: Castles.

Just thought i would throw in my two pec.

MA said this is a luxury item....cool. Apart from that, what is the issue?

Rgds

Ace

It is some what infuriating that people whine about lack of communication from MA, then as soon as they have a friendly well meant chat in game people are all over them then slating them on the forums!

For goodness sake! I wouldn't blooming well talk to you either!

I don't see your point at all OP - at no point did he say that MA thinks the player base is poor. He merely pointed out the the equus is a flash toy, not a transporter. That people who want the "sports car of space" may want to buy one. Why is that such a big hoo ha? We knew that anyway!

I think people are looking at this conversation with their own mindset which is negative from the start (e.g. too expensive, just a recolored quad etc. etc.).

Luxury items cost a lot of money, few can afford that. It actually is that simple. If you cannot justify spending at least 50k ped for it, than don't buy it. Since there were already SBs on 2 of them yesterday, it seems some people can justify it. It is that simple, nothing more.

Read through the chatlog and the Ma guy seemed fairly straight up about everything.

The Equus is what it is, and he was simply telling people.

Maybe not for me but some people will want them.

Rgds

Ace

1+1=27?

I read the text twice, but somehow fail to reach the same conclusion you have...

^^^Alll of this!^^^

:)

Last edited:
I am fine when they introduce luxiry items, though this is far beyond what i am willing to spend. For me that is absolutely okay and it might pay some bills for Mindark.

Do all 25 sell for the desired price ? Maybe, Maybe not i don't care much, but i honestly think it would be good for EU if they sell.

At least they are absolutely clear it is intended to be just a fancy luxury toy nothing more nothing less. The way how the stats are chosen outline the purpose very well imho.

I hide from Twin Peaks when I hear they arrive. I figure they are awaiting me with their big MA guns to loot me because of all the bitching I do about shit PVP Lootable unfairness and wanting them to fix the shit experience.

I think they are after me!!!!

:laugh:

Ok so this is MAs Luxury ship, fine ok the rich players can have their Ferraris.
Now, why the hell has the UFO got a Nano-warp drive slot? How is this allowed?

Ok so this is MAs Luxury ship, fine ok the rich players can have their Ferraris.
Now, why the hell has the UFO got a Nano-warp drive slot? How is this allowed?

Agreed... no one asked for that change.
It's not fair to the people who sold their UFO in the past for much cheaper...
People are massively asking about/to adjust the weight limitation on the Quad Equus.
And their reply (finally) is: Its an luxury item and not really for the use if you want to compare it with other items. An answer like that is fine, but by seeing a change with the Ufo like this makes me wonder now if their (final)word is for real and this leaves some insecureness and trustissues about other high end items for me.

Bad move!

Last edited:
This is some kind of lapsus "According to MindArk Officials we are not "Rich" Enough :)" they know that average player base is who play and decay and pay MA.
With exclusive and luxury things we can end with EU full of various investors and nobody to play and decay.
Like a lot of LA owners, CLD owners, mothership owners, top armors, faps and guns owners and no player base.

OK, its a luxury vehicle.
But is not ok that MA spend time to develop entire VU only for 25 people.
Together with motherships owners and pirates it rapresent still about 1% of player base.
Space remain still empty and used only as road to other planets and not center of players activity.

c63amg.jpg

Look but don't touch, my weight limit is 2 adults! any more and pirates can catch me :cool:

OK, its a luxury vehicle.
But is not ok that MA spend time to develop entire VU only for 25 people.
Together with motherships owners and pirates it rapresent still about 1% of player base.

I disagree!

Assuming they sell 25 ships for $5K USD, that's $125,000 USD. That's around enough to pay a fair programmer's annual salary & overhead. If they hired one for this "project / VU" and kept her around to make the game better for the rest of us (average players) during the other 11.5 months at no addition cost I'd consider it a win for everybody.

i have a suggestion for next year "big" sale.

UL modified vaseline tube ! 50k each :-D

you can refill it forever and the pain disapear !

ROFL You, madam, have won the internet.

I don't understand the point of this.......:scratch2::silly2:

The weight capacity is a critical balancing element. Would you rather they throw balance off and destroy the investments of everyone who owns a Mothership or Privateer? How much would doing that shake market confidence and dissuade people from making future investments? What would that do to your existing investments?

Come on HardWrath? This is the main reason WHY MA should not have released the new Quad since the only item that could be release would be crap to help not kill the market all the while asking way to much for this new capped crap. If this was a new vehicle with outstanding stats then yes, MA could have asked for this BO but due to the fact it's just a red Quad which is very capped then sorry, it's not worth it.

Last 2 BIG Sales didn't go that good...

1.Medusa was sold cheap and now MA have to dedicate a server FOREVER for that Island regardless how much it will work or payback. Akoz won it outclassing every opponent in organization and economic availability.

2. Monria was sold for 150k $ yeah, but was again a big work for MA and a little bidwar maybe was expected. Akoz won it outclassing every opponent in organization and economic availability.

So this year MA correctly thought to avoid investing too much work for a big land sale, considering Akoz would have probably won it again without any trouble, with 1 bid in case of high starting bid or in a small bidwar like in Medusa auction, and begun to think at something else, with less work involved for them and without one only beneficiary.

Maybe someone was preparing money for the next big Estate sale and is a bit disappointed , but still I can't blame MA for this :yup:

As it was said
2014-12-15 09:57:22 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] its a luxury vehicle, not a transporter to make a living

2014-12-15 10:00:53 [Local] [MindArk Official Assistant 08] a bit of fun some people wanted,, you cant please everybody all the time,,

It's a collector item with shiny look and some funny stats.
Some people asked for that, let those people bought it. I don't think there are 25 but who know ?

UFO have warp drive, i expect upcoming cyrene vessel will have too. Other planets ain't interested in space.

Your argueing like a child - 'nanana im too heavy and no i dont want to leave my 50 plush toys behind and i need the equus but it cant carry my 50 plush toys...' is basically what your saying.

No it is actually about me travelling with "luxury" and not on a "budget".

To answer your question, yes i think 25 equus quads without weight limitations will make sure that space like it is intented wont work for several more years to come. No i dont think they are a direct thread to my bussiness and no they cant challenge my mothership however they will impact the to be introcuded universal transport bussiness and therefor negatively impact all privateer and mothership owners as well as mindarks revenue since mindark widens the gap for players to bypass their universal auction system with every kg weight limitation they add to a unlimited warp capable ship.

Firstly, from the start I have said that there SHOULD be a limit on the weight. I never said there should not be any limit and 200-250kg is what an average avatar who can afford to go into a bid war over these will carry around hoping planets without any stackables on him.

Secondly you say they cannot challenge "your" mothership and are not a direct threat to it and i presume that's because these are not "safe" to travel with. If that is the case why would anyone bypass the auction system or the motherships which are equipped already to be "safe"?

As for about luxury , i just google and this is what came up top :)

a material object, service, etc., conducive to sumptuous living, usually a delicacy, elegance, or refinement of living rather than a necessity:

Too short: Castles.

Never heard of any being sold by MA to the EU public. I think u'r confusing with what they bought as a way to write off tax :)

Rgds

Ace

Well MA said , it was a "luxury item" but my point is it is not. :) A few more gripes but i guess now its getting old about it.

I am an ardent support of EU and MA and have under most cases sided with them. However, I do not belong to the "cattle folk" who will just follow what has been told. We were given brains to discuss, debate , understand and at times be vocal about what we consider is wrong. I am just exercising that freedom, albeit at the expense of my work today :)

As for whether it will sell or not, I no longer care. I think i have expressed enough already and yes, shall let the market decide :)

Back