Help: ML-35 or ML-45 Which one is better!?

dzikiicemen

Dominant
Society
The Imperium of Blue Faction
Bartek WhiteOrchidea Iwaszko
Okay soo!! Ive been looking around and asking players for help and the everyone had diffrent opinion!

I wonder Which of these 2 Weapons is better OVERALL! In standards of Hunting, PVP,Lootable PVP Economics, Firepower,Drubility, With Higher Tiers.......

1# which of this 2 weapons is better to have for example, which rifle is better to have as Tag weapon while having DOA Strikehammer when monster gets clouse to you and which one is overall better! ML-35 or ML-45?

2# Which weapon is better @ Tier 5 DMG for Tag/PVP/Hunt... and with other Enhancers?
What weapon of these 2 is best with what enhancers? Economical or Range? o perhaps DMG Enhancers?

3# Which amp is better on which ML? Can i use Adj/Mod/Normal Evil amp on ML45/35? Which amp is best for which ones?
and which weapon is more Economical and better overall?

4# Which one looks better? I love both but which one looks better and which one is more Sick!?

ML-35 or ML-45??? Which ones is BEST!?

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Meckel_&_Loch_ML-45

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Meckel_&_Loch_ML-35

Thank you for Reading this! It will help me alot and thank you for your responds i will read throu all of them!

first, dont ever mention economy as a parameter when talking about LM35/45 unless you are level 100.

With that said, ML35 would be my route, as i feel ML45 is purely for pk.

And from curiosity i must ask, what is your lvl in blp sniper / dmg ?

Since you are considering ML + DOA SH , i mean.

cheers

ermik

None of them are good for PK so go with the ML-35 for eco and higher dps :)

DOA SH? There's only two DOA's (of the oldschool guns), the rockjacker and the foeripper!

SH is strikehammer IMPROVED! jk

first, dont ever mention economy as a parameter when talking about LM35/45 unless you are level 100.

With that said, ML35 would be my route, as i feel ML45 is purely for pk.

ermik

Agree. An ML-45 at Tier 5 is ok for PK. At T7 it kicks ass.

For the look, they both look alike and rather old school. If you have PED and want to chip to a usefull level for ML-35/45 i would look for a Baringer for PK and an other (plenty) high power eco hunting rifle with less than 100 in skill. Its WAY cheaper....

There are plenty of scenarios in which someone who is under level 100 can use an ML-35 in an economical way.

It's advantages, to start with, it has 140m range so it works fantastic as a tagger. Then use (L) or UL SIB, or whatever you want as a primary weapon. In scenarios where you are absorbing an excessive amount of armor decay due to hunting a difficult mob, it makes sense to use the range of the ML-35 and the relatively fast reload to pre-damage the mob as much as possible before it comes into range of your primary weapon.

If you want a good unlimited gun but dont have the ped for a good unlimited SIB weapon, the ML-35 is an amazingly good choice, especially for anyone using BLP Pistol and BLP Rifle guns. That way you are skilling the same profession, plus the skill boosts that you get on your tagger, the ML-35, also apply to you primary weapon.

No unlimited SIB gun exists that can match the price point of the ML-35 and also the range and DPS. It simply does not exist in game nor will it ever.

Not everyone can dump 40K into a Calytrek TEN, or 17K a Calytrek MKI, or 10K to 15K for a good SIB BLP handgun, etc... and even if they do, those guns still have a puny range of ~70 meters for the rifles and much less for the handguns.

On massive shared loot mobs, the ML-35 certainly has its advantages too.

So whether you are using (L) or UL Rifle or Handgun, the ML-35 has its uses even if you are under level 100. If you are far under level 100, it shouldn't be used as your primary grinding gun. No gun fits all needs... The ML-35 is just one more tool in the tool box that should never be gotten rid of.

Most people know that primarily I'm a melee hunter. I have a tier 5 ArcSpark with Trauma VI amp plus a tier 7 Ranked Combat Knife with a Trauma IV amp. Those are my primary weapons. Today I was hunting Longtooth for the server test event. There were more green dots then red dots. For hours it was 1 LongTooth spawning for every 3 green dots and everyone was fighting for mobs.

Being able to shoot all the way over to the other side of my radar allowed me to stay on mobs far more than others could. I hit the Longtooth at max range, running towards them I would do a quick 3 or 4 shots so everyone could clearly see that someone was shooting it (causing them to look elsewhere for a mob) then at 60 meters slam it with my tier 3 Arsonistic TEN Chip, and then once I had closed the distance, I would cut those Longtooth down very quickly with my blade and add additional DPS by switching back to the Arso TEN a couple of times.

When mobs are looting well, I want to kill as many as possible as quickly as possible, and to today that was the case. I shit you not, today I looted 173 (L) weapons after 10 hours of grinding and came out ahead by thousands of PED. That would not have been possible without my ML-35

Eco isnt everything... sometimes you just have to go balls to the wall and kill stuff.

Last edited:
No unlimited SIB gun exists that can match the price point of the ML-35 and also the range and DPS. It simply does not exist in game nor will it ever.
So whether you are using (L) or UL Rifle or Carbine, the ML-35 has its uses even if you are under level 100. If you are far under level 100, it shouldn't be used as your primary grinding gun. No gun fits all needs... The ML-35 is just one more tool in the tool box that should never be gotten rid of.

You forgot the most important info: You have 2x ML-35 for sale :laugh:

You forgot the most important info: You have 2x ML-35 for sale :laugh:

I actually have 4 or 5 for sale. (I have to check because I forget). Unfortunately for the ML-35, when people get low on PEDs, or need PEDs for a different purpose, their tagger is usually one of the first things to be sold. That benefits buyers though because it has brought the price down to a realistic level.

There was a point where I had nearly a dozen Zero-Three and King Kong Snubnose for sale, so having 4 of a certain gun for sale really isn't something that's out of the ordinary for me.

Whether I'm selling something or not, it doesn't change my opinion of it. Nearly every gun in game has a purpose of use and an application where it fits well.

Because I trade unlimited weapons a lot, and because I hunt a fair amount, I get to play with all these guns and truly understand the real differences between them and not just the differences on paper. Real world.. err real virtual world applications are far different then numbers on paper.

Every time I sell out of the ML-35 it really sucks for me. I love the gun. Anyone who has sufficient collateral is welcome to borrow one and try it. Just send me a PM.

Last edited:
None of them are good for PK so go with the ML-35 for eco and higher dps :)

DOA SH? There's only two DOA's (of the oldschool guns), the rockjacker and the foeripper!

Weapon: DOA Strikehammer.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=DOA_Strikehammer

We have total 18 DOA:s. 8 (L)-DOA:s and 10 non (L) DOA:s and 6 DOA:s (of the oldschool guns).

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Search.aspx?searchtext=DOA&type=search

The 6 DOA:s (of the oldschool guns) is.

DOA Foeripper
DOA Loudmouth
DOA Rockjacker
DOA Rockjacker Mentor Edition
DOA Strikehammer
DOA Strikehammer Improved

Last edited:
ml35 for hunting cause its more eco and ml45 for pvp higher tier.what lvl are you in blp i dont recommend those guns bellow lvl 60 atleast.?

Weapon: DOA Strikehammer.

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=DOA_Strikehammer

We have total 18 DOA:s. 8 (L)-DOA:s and 10 non (L) DOA:s and 6 DOA:s (of the oldschool guns).

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Search.aspx?searchtext=DOA&type=search

The 6 DOA:s (of the oldschool guns) is.

DOA Foeripper
DOA Loudmouth
DOA Rockjacker
DOA Rockjacker Mentor Edition
DOA Strikehammer
DOA Strikehammer Improved

Yeah but there is no reason whatsoever to get anything other than RJ,foe and impsh. The rest are shit.

Low eco has no advantage for shared mobs. In shared mobs highest eco wins.

Shared mob drops 10 ped. 3 players deal 1/3 of the damage each. Player 1 with highest eco spends 2 ped, player 2 spends 4 ped, player 3 spends 3 ped. These are exaggerated spending numbers but you get the point.

In a shared mob hunt you will always be worse off than someone with high eco. Same with a team hunt in general. If you go hunting with a partner with an imk2 and same dps and you have some 2.9 dmg/pec gun, if the imk2 player breaks even exactly, you will have like 93% return. This is ironic as I know some imk2 owners who think it worsens their hunt to play with someone with a worse gun :) (I'm glad they believed that because I never realised this at that point!)

(This assumes loot is split 50-50 and everything of course!)

RE topic: ML-45 for pvp, ML-35 pve. ML-35 if you plan to use either for both pvp and pve.

Last edited:
ML45 is da bomb. :wtg:

Hunting its brilliant, pvp its deadly.

It out ranges almost anything, use a beast or dante for hunting comfortably, add a Bultac Elite or similar for pvp.

ps. I don't think there is a tier 7 yet??

Thank you for all your answers so far but i mean Overall which weapon is better! Some say ML35 for hunt becouse its fast and ML45 for PK becouse is slow but with higher tier or with an amp its brilliant for Hunt as a tag weapon

Its nota bout a level or profession no. Im just asking from these 2 Weapons which one is the Superiour?

Which weapon its the best? ML-35 or ML-45??

Thank you for all your answers so far but i mean Overall which weapon is better! Some say ML35 for hunt becouse its fast and ML45 for PK becouse is slow but with higher tier or with an amp its brilliant for Hunt as a tag weapon

Its nota bout a level or profession no. Im just asking from these 2 Weapons which one is the Superior?

Which of these two people is OVERALL better looking? Which one is the Superior?

images
or
th

It depends on what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Its nota bout a level or profession no. Im just asking from these 2 Weapons which one is the Superiour?

ML35 then , since its good for hunt AND can become a decent pk gun with tiers.

My question is: What are you licking?

It all depends on how you want to use it. Both tier very slowly and the reduced eco of the ML-45 make it cost prohibitive, never mind the tier costs, the hunting costs are the factor... which is why the higher tiers sell for so much more than lower tiers.

You would only want a higher tier ML-45 for PvP... if your intent is to hunt, then you will be better using a ML-35

It all depends on how you want to use it. Both tier very slowly and the reduced eco of the ML-45 make it cost prohibitive, never mind the tier costs, the hunting costs are the factor... which is why the higher tiers sell for so much more than lower tiers.

You would only want a higher tier ML-45 for PvP... if your intent is to hunt, then you will be better using a ML-35
The problem is that the OP wants to know "which is better" but does not seem to understand there is rarely a "better in general" unless we're talking about something insanely expensive like a mod FAP. For 98% of the items out there, the question is not which item is better, but which item is better for this specific scenario. Without a specific set of circumstances it's usually impossible to give sound advice.

The problem is that the OP wants to know "which is better" but does not seem to understand there is rarely a "better in general" unless we're talking about something insanely expensive like a mod FAP. For 98% of the items out there, the question is not which item is better, but which item is better for this specific scenario. Without a specific set of circumstances it's usually impossible to give sound advice.

True but as a tag weapon with high damage, People say that ML35 is excellent for Eco hunt but ML45 with tier 5 but 7 the best is best for big hunt and used as a tag weapon while DOA Loud-Strike is best for main attack,

True but as a tag weapon with high damage, People say that ML35 is excellent for Eco hunt but ML45 with tier 5 but 7 the best is best for big hunt and used as a tag weapon while DOA Loud-Strike is best for main attack,
Yes, exactly. :) Different weapons for different purposes.

You must understand one thing here.

eco in this matter is relative, since the weapons you list most likely going to put you at below 2.6 dpp

Hunting mobs without defensive cost sure, but just had to say it since you seem to hang on to eco aspects.

OK, i will try to make you understand.

This is ML35 and ML45 at base, with dante and skill level 100 hit and dmg.

baseml.jpg

This is the secnario where your avatar has skill level 50 hit and dmg.

lvl50ml.jpg

This is the scenario where ML35 is eco, when compared to ML45 , not compared with thousand better options when it comes to producing dmg cheap.

Notice that the eco is similar to giving peds away, however as some has stated, sometimes eco isnt important, but the tools other properties are.

The ML35 is a more versatile tool than ML45, ML45 has in my eyes ONE area of use anly, and that is PK.

Hope you get this, i dont know how else to lay it out to you.

Yes, exactly. :) Different weapons for different purposes.

From what i understand ML35 = Hunt and ML45 = PK and what kind of diffrent senarios you mean such as depens on what mob yes? :)

The ML35 is a more versatile tool than ML45, ML45 has in my eyes ONE area of use anly, and that is PK.

Thank you for your Respond it helps me alot to look att both the Economics and overall! It helped me alot ! I love your respond and i wonder becouse yerstoday i came accros a hunter who wields DOA Strikehammer + ML45 with 214 Damage and i talked to him a bit. He told me that ML35 is eco for hunt but ML45 is a tagging weapon if you want to do HUGE ammount of damage in fast time and that ML45 has multi porpuse its Purely PK but aswell Hunt when you have extremly fast gun becouse its Tag weapon he told me aswell that ML35 dont need a primary weapon becosue its so fast but he advised me to get ML45 tier 5 and above + Dante or Evil (if i can afford) to get it minimum 200Damage and get DOA Loudmouth or Strikehammer for primary attack. Basicly saying

ML45 Tier 5 (Lowest) or 7 (Best) it becomes alot better + DOA =Tag with ML and when clouse use DOA

Thank you for your Respond it helps me alot to look att both the Economics and overall! It helped me alot ! I love your respond and i wonder becouse yerstoday i came accros a hunter who wields DOA Strikehammer + ML45 with 214 Damage and i talked to him a bit. He told me that ML35 is eco for hunt but ML45 is a tagging weapon if you want to do HUGE ammount of damage in fast time and that ML45 has multi porpuse its Purely PK but aswell Hunt when you have extremly fast gun becouse its Tag weapon he told me aswell that ML35 dont need a primary weapon becosue its so fast but he advised me to get ML45 tier 5 and above + Dante or Evil (if i can afford) to get it minimum 200Damage and get DOA Loudmouth or Strikehammer for primary attack. Basicly saying

ML45 Tier 5 (Lowest) or 7 (Best) it becomes alot better + DOA =Tag with ML and when clouse use DOA

Im still curious to why you seem to ignore the skill factor, and the huge impact it has on economy.

Is this a Merry Mayhem setup for trying to win cat 1 ?

If it is, well id say the price for winning may be worth less than you (most likely) will loose.

If you look up at ermik's post you'll see ML-35 is higher dps.

Back