Mobstealing and then being a douche about it.

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
Hello. This post will probably be one of all the other 1000 threads that are the same, this is indeed a whining thread.

Today, MA sent out some LT for us to kill, in order to test out server stress etc. Exciting right?

I got there, lagging heavily (on my work pc, safemode and 5 fps ftw.) but I could manage, Just tag a mob that is freshly spawned and you are good to go. Wrong!

If I tag a mob, the mob is hitting on me and only me, yet when I try to loot it, I get "This loot is claimed by someone else". Damnit thats annoying. I announce in chat that mobstealing isnt cool and whomever is doing it should refrain from it.

I find a nice quiet spot with 1 spawner. I stay there for 20 minutes but I still see people complaining about someone stealing their loot until I see someone global of a mob that they stole from my socmate (not mentioning any names).

I keep shooting my mobs, And voila. "This loot is claimed by someone else". Fucking great. My socmate is pissed, I am pissed, some other people are pissed and I see the two avatars that are running around with weapons that are tier 7 with dmg enhancers and Dante amps absolutley recking everything around them. I call them out, I stand next to them and I try to get a couple of screenshots of them stealing the mobs. Sadly, screenshots dont have the same efficiency as a video, but as stated, shitty laptop = cant runt 2 programs at once.

They dont even reply to us calling them out, they keep doing their own race not giving a flying fk about the rest of us asking them to stop. All of a sudden, one of them say "sry lag".

If they apologized to me, fine, I'd accept it and move on, but these guys say "Sry lag" and KEEP ON DOING IT!

I really wish there was a MA Official monitoring this, becase these asshats obviously cant behave.

Inb4 "BUY A BIGGER GUN AND OUTDPS THEM LOLOLOLOLO"; I cant. I dont have the money or skills to buy a gun over 100 dps. There was a guy in the chat doing 91 dps and his mobs still got claimed by the two clowns

Inb4 "WHINER, GO DEAL WITH IT"; I wouldnt give a shit if it happened once or twice by accident, but when you are acting like this, its quite obvious its on purpose.

Inb4 "TEAM UP AND GET REVENGE"; I tried to get people to join a team and harrass them back, but a) That would sink us to their level and b) that would be griefing back, which still isnt allowed.

Now, whats the reason that Im making this post? I want people to read this and think about if they are doing this. If you are, please stop doing it.

If you want to know who the people in this thread are, or want to see the screenies, please PM me, I wont mention any names here.

Lots of douche bags out there kill stealing right now

Hmm could it be a bug? I don't get this message from mobs even if others sometime shoot mine. Shooting with a slugstorm tier 6 + mod evil amp.

Hmm could it be a bug? I don't get this message from mobs even if others sometime shoot mine. Shooting with a slugstorm tier 6 + mod evil amp.

I suspect so, Might have something to do with if there are 2 ppl in a team shooting it or something similar, would need testing. But they arent shooting 1-2 times, they are shooting it like the mob is theirs, except the fact that I am shooting it aswell (and taking decay)

If they are shooting as a team then their DPS sums to claim the kill for their team, and it's pretty much impossible to counter for any other solo hunter.

Two more dickheads to my list, it's getting pretty crowded lately.

If they are shooting as a team then their DPS sums to claim the kill for their team, and it's pretty much impossible to counter for any other solo hunter.

Yeah, and should we team up to "retaliate" We would sink to their level which I would want to avoid

If I tag a mob, the mob is hitting on me and only me, yet when I try to loot it, I get "This loot is claimed by someone else". Damnit thats annoying. I announce in chat that mobstealing isnt cool and whomever is doing it should refrain from it.

While on Calypso this weekend while we were having the big DDoS attack I was as well getting this same error off all mobs until I simply stopped and waited it out.

I even made a fun video of it all: My Pet Hates Water

Noticed mob stealing after my first mob. I didn't stay any longer than that because I knew it would stay that way. Shame to see it.

Noticed mob stealing after my first mob. I didn't stay any longer than that because I knew it would stay that way. Shame to see it.

Yeah, I should've left but the greed overcame me

Its unfortunate that some still hold onto their childhood mentality.

This sucks, these kids should go give mommy her credit card back.

Any stupid prick can but a high damage non sib gun relatively cheap, I'm guessing this is what these guys were using.

Its unfortunate that some still hold onto their childhood mentality.

This sucks, these kids should go give mommy her credit card back.

Any stupid prick can but a high damage non sib gun relatively cheap, I'm guessing this is what these guys were using.

Im getting mixed signals here. Are you implying that I have a childhood mentality or the stealers?

Im getting mixed signals here. Are you implying that I have a childhood mentality or the stealers?

The mob stealers of course.

Last edited:
The mob stealers of course.

Ah, With that I agree. I am not saying this is how it is, but I can imagine, if you live at home and dont have any bills you can spend easily 10k peds a month on pe, save up 2-3 months and voila, ubergun

The same behaviour was going on in cyclops depths im afraid - that day when loot was very good. People got greedy and started shooting at mobs that had been taken down to around 70%, and since they outdamaged the first tagger they then got the loot. I could write the names of 3 people that i know did this intentionally because they followed me and others around.
Makes me sad, i could never do such a thing myself, its just mean and sad.

Reminds me when i was in a swedish RL event at the store Clas Ohlson Insjön, where free freshly made store catalogues were delivered on site with a truck. People went crazy and started trample down kids and elbowed adults. its insane behaviour...

Say what?

Aren't you that guy that waits till a whole group is nearly at a mob, then quickly try to tag it, while 5 of us are shooting it on the way there?

Then you get mad for us finishing our target?
Calling us names, insulting us and more?

:lolup:

Aren't you that guy that waits till a whole group is nearly at a mob, then quickly try to tag it, while 5 of us are shooting it on the way there?

Then you get mad for us finishing our target?
Calling us names, insulting us and more?

:lolup:

I am "that guy" that tagged the mob from other side of the map that noone was shooting on, I was waiting for it to come all the way up to me, and then I switched to my handgun. I then hear you guys shooting on it.

Why is it running towards me, if YOU are shooting it first? :D

We don't need any more pricks kill stealing, just be patience and grab your own mob ffs

I am "that guy" that tagged the mob from other side of the map that noone was shooting on, I was waiting for it to come all the way up to me, and then I switched to my handgun. I then hear you guys shooting on it.

Why is it running towards me, if YOU are shooting it first? :D

Yeah some people don't get it...if the mob spawns and runs toward someone else, stop shooting...it belongs to the person that FIRST aggroed it.

I tagged one yesterday with a camo, it comes STRAIGHT for me...and I see some GD who was off to the side of it following it as I kill it. Then he screams he shot it first. Well, I know sometimes its hard to tell, so I offered him half the 12 ped i looted from it, even though the mob never looked at him once or went toward him. But the general rule should be: WHOEVER THE MOB RUNS TO ON INITIAL AGGRO. IT IS THEIR MOB.

Sometimes you will win some, and sometimes you will lose when 2 people shoot simultaneously right after the mob appears, but this is the only way to stop the fighting.

Yeah some people don't get it...if the mob spawns and runs toward someone else, stop shooting...it belongs to the person that FIRST aggroed it.

I tagged one yesterday with a camo, it comes STRAIGHT for me...and I see some GD who was off to the side of it following it as I kill it. Then he screams he shot it first. Well, I know sometimes its hard to tell, so I offered him half the 12 ped i looted from it, even though the mob never looked at him once or went toward him. But the general rule should be: WHOEVER THE MOB RUNS TO ON INITIAL AGGRO. IT IS THEIR MOB.

Sometimes you will win some, and sometimes you will lose when 2 people shoot simultaneously right after the mob appears, but this is the only way to stop the fighting.

​This ^ If the mob is running toward someone else, it's theirs. Find another. Period. Otherwise, you are indeed a mob-stealer.

​This ^ If the mob is running toward someone else, it's theirs. Find another. Period. Otherwise, you are indeed a mob-stealer.

Dang all my fappers are shady people then :/

(just playing devils advocate here :)

Just to play devil's advocate (I do NOT condone kill stealing): if you are tagging mobs from across the map, is it possible someone else tagged it that is just off your radar? I'm only asking because of a reply you made in the previous page.

Dang all my fappers are shady people then :/

(just playing devils advocate here :)

​If your fapper is Profit, then ya ;)

Just to play devil's advocate (I do NOT condone kill stealing): if you are tagging mobs from across the map, is it possible someone else tagged it that is just off your radar? I'm only asking because of a reply you made in the previous page.

Yes absolutely...thats why I said in the event of simultaneous shots, whoever the mob runs to first should get it, and the other person should lay off. It's not fool proof, but it is a simple way to ease some of the tension if everybody understood it.

Used to have loads of fun competing with people at the bricks back in the day.

Pity now peeps are so sensitive; maybe we should all form lines like at the rig. Grey days.

Used to have loads of fun competing with people at the bricks back in the day.

Pity now peeps are so sensitive; maybe we should all form lines like at the rig. Grey days.

Ehhhh nvm....edited.

So far, most of us have simply been assessing how things can go a bit smoother. Not sure why you feel the need to act like a tough-guy all the time....but quit it DUDE.

To simply put it like this:

If the mob is not moving, I tag it, and its running to me, the mob is still mine while running towards me. Simply put. If I shoot a mob and the mob is running away, Nemas problemas, It's yours.

I have no issues admitting when Im wrong, but when I am in the right, I will fight until everyone sees it. (Or make a forum post)

belive me or not

Hi all,

i had the same problems with mob stealing. Made a support case and couldnt belive what Ulf wrote back. Ulf says, steal mobs to. Buy some skill and bigger weapon.

WTF!!$§"!§$%"$%§!$§"$

:cdevil: :banghead: :hammer: :cussing: :bomb: :mad: :censored: :argue:

Iv done a picture of it, but am not sure if its allowed to post it here: not that i get banned. So is it allowed?

Greetings forest900

Back