DDoS of unprecedented scale 'stops Sweden working'. The target? A gaming site

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
Hello all since MA will not post it, I will. This is most likely due to our major lag this weekend:

DDoS of unprecedented scale 'stops Sweden working'. The target? A gaming site

http://www.zdnet.com/article/ddos-o...tops-sweden-working-the-target-a-gaming-site/

Most systems seem to be working find but the few systems in sweden seem to be slowing most of all the other systems down and that being the Chat server and the client loader client information server. So yes, this last weekend has been off and on with speed issues this points to the most sense since it started about the time the DDoS attacks started and was reported by ZDNet.

edit: someone pissed out there about the new Quads?

Interesting, i wonder which gaming company :confused:

How is this related to our 6 months old server issues?

Not linked yes that's all MA..just MA's lag issues and the DDoS..well you see what it can do :)

According to http://map.ipviking.com/ the US is getting attacked like crazy, but literally no attacks on Sweden, so they can't pretend that's why their servers are shitting the bed.

The info I have seen identifies the targeted gaming company as EA.

There have also been attempts to link the attack to the demise of PirateBay.

Not sure why MA would be affected unless Telia is their ISP.

In any case the attacks were dealt with a little under a week ago so there isn't really any relation to what we have been experiencing on an ongoing basis since the last VU.

Yes Telia is EU's ISP

Well during Pre-Gold they weren't at the backbone of Telia and that was horrendous. The worse experience ever, game was beyond playable. Everything had 5 second delay or worse. Fapping was impossible and rubber-banding all over the place.

Attack on Telia ran for two days last week. EU problems pre-date and continued past this period.

The problem is at EU.

it said Electronic Arts was targeted

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/krismote-efter-ny-hackerattack_4181163.svd
A hacker group has taken on the burden of attack that caused major technical problems for thousands of Telia customers on Wednesday. The attack should not have been directed against Telia but the game company Electronic Arts, whose nätleverans provided by Telia, writes dn.se.

They dont use Teila

EU don’t use Telia as a ISP.
I guess they did way back in the days, but presently they use http://www.atom86.net/ located in the Netherlands.
The attacks from Lizzard towards another Swedish gaming company had effect on the biggest ISP here in Sweden Telia. This had an impact on a vast bit of the player base, not being able to log on. They used a boosted DDos using a few powerfull DNS servers, this basically made the dns servers unusable. Easy fix was changing to googles dns for example IP 8.8.8.8 I did this as soon I noted any problem with the login and had no issues after that.
The problems now don’t have anything to do with lizzards attack nor Telia.

/sirre

Was already stated somewhere in another thread 4 of the 6 servers run in The Netherlands.

Disturbance Notice thread:

That site just compiles whatever info is available from different databases, and if you scrolled a bit down, you might have noticed 4 out of 6 sources point to The Netherlands, and just 2 to Sweden.
smile.png

Last edited:
edit: someone pissed out there about the new Quads?

Someone bid on quads and then threw a wrench in the works so no one else can bid? The servers will be back up and running after the auction expires :rolleyes:

Having constant disconnections - within less than a minute of logging in. Am I the only one? :(

Meh...As long as it keeps 'em from DDoSing League of Legends again, who cares?
:p

Tippin'

Was already stated somewhere in another thread 4 of the 6 servers run in The Netherlands.

Disturbance Notice thread:

fyi this information has been wrongly interpreted. you cant have an IP split over such a large geographic range, they are bound to a single ISP (or proxy service). the information is for registered owner of the IP and where the servers are located. further the info is a composite of 6 location services info, not of 6 seperate server locations.

basically, the game servers are hosted out of Netherlands, i beleive only website is out of sweden.

Back