Question: Empty Skill Implant and Dmg enhancers

combo22

Stalker
Society
ROUA
Jack Combo Nikis
I find these items very important for EU economy and I don't understand how the this huge prices 1200% for ESIs and 400%+for DMG enhancers help in anyway the economy.

ESI
In the old times I remember that there were plenty of them in auction, people could more easily chip in/out if they wanted.
Why do MA want us to be so hard to do this now? I only see negative parts from doing it.

People that want to quit and can't do it because of this are not necessary good customers, they would only talk bad about EU and drive away possible other customers, I don't think forcing people to stay is helping the economy in long term.
Also if more cheap ESI on market people will create more decay(ESI TT), more money for MA, total skills ingame will decrease(10% lost in chip in/out process), at this moment it's the only way skill can be consumed, I also think we should have more ways to to this voluntary, of course having some benefit doing it.(like and instance were you'll lose some amount of skill when you enter, but you'll have the possibility to loot some good markup items doing these instances).

DMG enhancers.
What would be the real reason to keep this prices so up for these items? More dmg it only means more decay, more turnover, why would someone think this is bad for the economy?
At this moment I still use them but only because the weapon I use is very efficient even paying this huge markup.
Using them on vast majority of other weapons at this markup rate it just doesn't make sense for me.

My overall impression is that we need a better balancing.
Please share your thoughts!

I find these items very important for EU economy and I don't understand how the this huge prices 1200% for ESIs and 400%+for DMG enhancers help in anyway the economy.

ESI
In the old times I remember that there were plenty of them in auction, people could more easily chip in/out if they wanted.
Why do MA want us to be so hard to do this now? I only see negative parts from doing it.

People that want to quit and can't do it because of this are not necessary good customers, they would only talk bad about EU and drive away possible other customers, I don't think forcing people to stay is helping the economy in long term.
Also if more cheap ESI on market people will create more decay(ESI TT), more money for MA, total skills ingame will decrease(10% lost in chip in/out process), at this moment it's the only way skill can be consumed, I also think we should have more ways to to this voluntary, of course having some benefit doing it.(like and instance were you'll lose some amount of skill when you enter, but you'll have the possibility to loot some good markup items doing these instances).

DMG enhancers.
What would be the real reason to keep this prices so up for these items? More dmg it only means more decay, more turnover, why would someone think this is bad for the economy?
At this moment I still use them but only because the weapon I use is very efficient even paying this huge markup.
Using them on vast majority of other weapons at this markup rate it just doesn't make sense for me.

MA has little do to with that though.
They don't create the markup, players do.

Aslong as players keep paying for the current prices, the markup won't change.

They create markup with limiting the amount that is ingame. If they increase the amount above demand prices will go down.

lol so wrong, MA could easily bring those ESI down to 500 % and some players would love to loot them ...now ESI are way to rare in loot

They create markup with limiting the amount that is ingame. If they increase the amount above demand prices will go down.

Exactly as minim said! Players only have a limited power to control the market, MA can say where avg market should be.

Spoken by a man who is completely in touch with how this game's economy works.........

So basically, becuase they don't hand out the item with ease, it's their fault?
The item has a TT value that's set by MA, players decide to ask more for it becuase it's ''rare''.
So MA has to fix it by upping the drop rates?:scratch2:

If it's not worth the price, stop buying them and they'll become cheaper.

ESI

DMG enhancers.

Combo22 after giving what you have said some thought.... I agree with your sentiments on the ESI front but on the DMG enhancer front I think they have it right.

Well its the only 2 markups (1 for most people) that us with UL weapon and gear has to pay so in a sense I realise that we must pay some MU for the economy to work but I pay 60-70 peds per hour in enhancers MU when I go hardcore wich is too much.

Regarding the ESI:s I think they should be TT and that the value of the skills should belong to the player attended the skills not to the lucky guy that looted a chip.

/Linz

So basically, becuase they don't hand out the item with ease, it's their fault?
The item has a TT value that's set by MA, players decide to ask more for it becuase it's ''rare''.
So MA has to fix it by upping the drop rates?:scratch2:

If it's not worth the price, stop buying them and they'll become cheaper.

Is it a fault? I'm just saying that the markup is set by supply and demand of a item. If the demand his higher than the supply the markup will go up until demand goes down (ppl feel it's to expensive) and then it will balance out. If people think the price is to high demand will go down and markup will go down if the supply is the same. Since people clearly are paying the current prices the only way to fix this is for MA to increase the supply. This is really economics 101 spoonfed but it seems it was needed.

Regarding the ESI:s I think they should be TT and that the value of the skills should belong to the player attended the skills not to the lucky guy that looted a chip.
/Linz

Could not agreed more!

Is it a fault? I'm just saying that the markup is set by supply and demand of a item. If the demand his higher than the supply the markup will go up until demand goes down (ppl feel it's to expensive) and then it will balance out. If people think the price is to high demand will go down and markup will go down if the supply is the same. Since people clearly are paying the current prices the only way to fix this is for MA to increase the supply. This is really economics 101 spoonfed but it seems it was needed.

Could not agreed more!

It's worth the price or players wouldn't pay for it.
MA shouldn't change anything about it...

Player driven economy, the fix is to wait till the prices drop.

DMG enhancers.

You gave the answer on the dmg enhancer prices yourself, nothing more to add.

As for the ESI, it seems a lower droprate is happening right at the moment where several high skill volume players are determined to chip out either fully or partially. It takes only one or two >500k skilled players to swallow the looted ESI for several weeks. We now have more than two big players who do the skill dance of pain/joy almost non-stop.

Also, traditionally during merry mayhem there are players chipping out to reduce their hunting profession level to end up in a category lower. This puts extra demand on the already limited supply.

These effects combined explain for me the current price levels. Now excuse me, I got a full TT esi to loot ;)

/Slupor

Merry mayhem will rain drop ESIs in the first few days. Stay tuned

Well its the only 2 markups (1 for most people) that us with UL weapon and gear has to pay so in a sense I realise that we must pay some MU for the economy to work but I pay 60-70 peds per hour in enhancers MU when I go hardcore wich is too much.

/Linz
I think it should be somewhere between, ESI for TT is not very good way, I for one I remember my first ESI from a snable way back when I started, it was pretty cool feeling and allowed me to buy a Justifier mk2 (big mistake :D) and of course going after bigger mobs, started depositing more and more, and so on...

If you put them in TT I think you'll get the opposite effect, Traders will buy the whole avatars and sell the skills for a commission, they can do that now, also, but it will be more easy for them and hunters will be left out of the circle.

It's worth the price or players wouldn't pay for it.
MA shouldn't change anything about it...

Player driven economy, the fix is to wait till the prices drop.

Don;t take it as a personal fight, you just got it wrong, nothing bad about it.
MA is controlling the market, players pay the price but that doesn't mean that it's worth it, it's exactly as saying that a people in Cuba are buying a car for 200k USD just because it's worth it, I can buy the same car in Europe for 10kUSD.

I think it should be somewhere between, ESI for TT is not very good way, I for one I remember my first ESI from a snable way back when I started, it was pretty cool feeling and allowed me to buy a Justifier mk2 (big mistake :D) and of course going after bigger mobs, started depositing more and more, and so on...

If you put them in TT I think you'll get the opposite effect, Traders will buy the whole avatars and sell the skills for a commission, they can do that now, also, but it will be more easy for them and hunters will be left out of the circle.

Don;t take it as a personal fight, you just got it wrong, nothing bad about it.
MA is controlling the market, players pay the price but that doesn't mean that it's worth it, it's exactly as saying that a people in Cuba are buying a car for 200k USD just because it's worth it, I can buy the same car in Europe for 10kUSD.

I'll ask again.

Will you complain to a brand owner, that stores sell their product for more than the production price?
Will you tell a BMW dealer to make more cars so you can get one for less, becuase you don't like the current retail prices?

I do however understand your point, so don't get me wrong.
I just think it's not up to MA to ''fix'' it.

I think it is not true.

Dmg ench - Few years ago pyrite was able to find all the time. Now it is possible to dig only for few minutes every hour, rest time is lysterium. TT return of must miners dropped a lot too. I am sure that it was changed by MA.

ESI - drop rate is a lot lower then it was before. That bring price up.

P.S. Here is thread with vote about dmg enh - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ncers-Do-you-use-weapon-enhancers-at-any-cost

I think it is not true.

Dmg ench - Few years ago pyrite was able to find all the time. Now it is possible to dig only for few minutes every hour, rest time is lysterium. TT return of must miners dropped a lot too. I am sure that it was changed by MA.

ESI - drop rate is a lot lower then it was before. That bring price up.

P.S. Here is thread with vote about dmg enh - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ncers-Do-you-use-weapon-enhancers-at-any-cost

Is this true regarding time periods for pyrite? I haven't mined for it on Calypso in a couple years, but never saw a correlation between the two. I also haven't found one on Arkadia the last couple years, though there are possibly other factors at work.

Is this true regarding time periods for pyrite? I haven't mined for it on Calypso in a couple years, but never saw a correlation between the two. I also haven't found one on Arkadia the last couple years, though there are possibly other factors at work.

Its more like a "cap" on pyrite. When someone craft it - some drops. So it could be small cap or someone hold BIG amount in storage. However - cap in both cases.

I'll ask again.

Will you complain to a brand owner, that stores sell their product for more than the production price?
Will you tell a BMW dealer to make more cars so you can get one for less, becuase you don't like the current retail prices?

I do however understand your point, so don't get me wrong.
I just think it's not up to MA to ''fix'' it.

The problem here is the production cost,not the resell cost.Productioncost is to high because not enough materials on market, that's why MA can influence it. Crafters would cut each other quick if enough materials on market, blueprints are not rare, almost everyone can craft enhancers, at least lower lvl but still price is high because of ingredients cost to much.

Back