Info: Step one for improving PVP

Sierra

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Sierra Sapphire Sionia
I was thinking earlier about how this game sucks in that a key ingredient to be good at pvp you essentially have to be a good pve hunter.

This is made worse by the fact there is virtually no skill gain in pvp.

I think the first and easiest thing to improve pvp is to give skill for misses as well as hits. Trivial to implement, would work just like rockets and grenades do.

Aim: making 100% cost just-for-fun pvp more economically viable. Allowing people to gain skills without forcing the monotony and uncertainty of hunting on them.

I'm sure some people will object for the sake of objecting but I can't see why this would be a problem :)

Even if they made skilling via pvp more equal to hunting, it would still mean nothing since the amount needed to be cycled to gain skills is so huge noone would blow it away with essentially no loot just for the skill gains.

Better would be, to make cost of ammo and decay 10% as it is in forts, in all pvp areas, this would stimulate pvp as a stress relief activity and would bring more people into pvp.

I mean who feels the urge to go pvp for an hour if loot is bad, when that hour of pvp cost alot more than bad loot in hunting for weeks does?

I thought about that too, and I believe both are necessary. 10% cost is like having effectively 90% return in pvp, and then adding skill gain for every shot would make pvp so much more reasonable.

Obviously in lootable it is different as you are shooting people who have spent full ped for their mining and hunting loots, you should spend full ped to kill for it (but still get skill for each shot :p ) But in all other pvp areas, 10% would be awesome.

It wouldn't be too difficult to implement, just make it so if a hit is on a mob it is full cost, if it is in the air it refunds 90%. Could maybe keep a counter on it and you can claim shrapnel or something.

Also PvP Lootable would be more enticing to players if you never had 100% robbery when killed. A Percentage loss would be much more acceptable.

Not a fan of kill something or mine something and have some dork pk you while running some type of cheats or some tricks that makes it impossible for you to try to be inconspicuous and just take everything from you all at once.

With the exploits, unfair latency balance issues and crap interface of PvP, Lootable area's are so bogus in this game, of course that is my opinion as a person that has tried.

Also PvP Lootable would be more enticing to players if you never had 100% robbery when killed. A Percentage loss would be much more acceptable.

Not a fan of kill something or mine something and have some dork pk you while running some type of cheats or some tricks that makes it impossible for you to try to be inconspicuous and just take everything from you all at once.

With the exploits, unfair latency balance issues and crap interface of PvP, Lootable area's are so bogus in this game, of course that is my opinion as a person that has tried.

Probably for a different topic but what do you mean by cheats and tricks?

Even if they made skilling via pvp more equal to hunting, it would still mean nothing since the amount needed to be cycled to gain skills is so huge noone would blow it away with essentially no loot just for the skill gains.

Better would be, to make cost of ammo and decay 10% as it is in forts, in all pvp areas, this would stimulate pvp as a stress relief activity and would bring more people into pvp.

I mean who feels the urge to go pvp for an hour if loot is bad, when that hour of pvp cost alot more than bad loot in hunting for weeks does?

I did make a thread suggesting that some time ago:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...52-Suggestion-change-PVP-to-the-10-fort-rules

Last edited:
Not such a good idea...

Anyone could just goto pvp in a less popular area and shoot afk in the air to skill.

Yes, waste of ped, but when you have it and just want to tier a gun, this would be the perfect scenario.

PvP has always been this way, the "auto-aim" is what kills it. I love pvp but can't even go due to cheaters.

Jay-Jay

Not such a good idea...

Anyone could just goto pvp in a less popular area and shoot afk in the air to skill.

Yes, waste of ped, but when you have it and just want to tier a gun, this would be the perfect scenario.

PvP has always been this way, the "auto-aim" is what kills it. I love pvp but can't even go due to cheaters.

Jay-Jay
That is a non-argument. The player can do the same vs mobs too and get money back.. I really can't see the problem lol.

PvP is meant to utilize the skills that you already have.

PvP is not for the purpose of gaining new skills.

PvP is meant to utilize the skills that you already have.

PvP is not for the purpose of gaining new skills.

That's your opinion. You're missing the point about pve vs pvp playing. Some people love/like both. Some people love/like only one.

Heck why not fix it by simply making no cost for misses? Just like outside of pvp. (But obviously no skill for misses too!)

You are already punished for hits in pvp by the fact they are at full cost. Why should be punished further for misses?

Just make pvp zones exactly the same as pve zones in that regard and everyone is happy. Why would you need 90% reduction in that scenario? :)

Melee already gets a free pass. Why not give it to ranged? o_o

Last edited:
Back