Ruble and Ped

billairboy

Elite
Bill Airboy Ivanhoe
Out of curiosity, any Russian players here that are happy they have PED assets and maybe some CLD ingame today? :silly2: Having a bunch of CLDs to help finance the playing would be worth a lot today I guess.

Thats work oposite for USD users players. As there are more USA players than Russia ones in EU i bet thats not not good for EU economy as ingame assets are less and less valuable in comparison to RL goods.

Thats work oposite for USD users players. As there are more USA players than Russia ones in EU i bet thats not not good for EU economy as ingame assets are less and less valuable in comparison to RL goods.

i think Mindark do not care what currency you deposit, it still becomes USD , and than they buy some stocks or do business with it. Dont think your all USD lays in theyr account in bank. It would be stupid idea.

All your money work and makes more money by investing and based currency is USD.

Out of curiosity, any Russian players here that are happy they have PED assets and maybe some CLD ingame today? :silly2: Having a bunch of CLDs to help finance the playing would be worth a lot today I guess.
Never asked with this question. You thinking it is crisis? What crisis? We all relaxed, and nothing happens around, maybe few people concerned, I do not care. And all financial professionals must to be exiled to the Arctic, most of it always will steal money :). And I do not care about the exchange rate $ to rouble, the main thing that it was stable. 20-50-100-200 to 1$, I do not care...but stable :)
Also I do not like CLD as an investment, so I do not have it.

Why the hate for russians?

I bet every silly Norwegian and Ukraninan are also happy they have some asset in Entropia and not all in their piggy jar.

I bet every silly Norwegian and Ukraninan are also happy they have some asset in Entropia and not all in their piggy jar.

Probably i skipped the part where hate was shown... but could you show me something about hate? About Norwegians the situation is quite different. If you open yearly graph on usd/nok and usd/rub you see that one has lost about 20% value while other over 100%. Norwegians only problem is oil barrel price dropping, no wars there.

Will skip part about ukraine cause it is purely on politics and about terrorists etc etc.

anyways russian rouble is falling fast and thats a fact, no hate in the op.

Investing in the car shows the stupidity of the investor
I have a lot of rubles, but I'm not in a hurry, and if it really is serious, I will put them in real estate, not in $, EURO or cars lol
Rising real estate prices are now up 1-2% (not 30%!)

/mod note/

How does the world economy affect Entropia? Interesting topic, always worth discussion.
How does fluctuation in Entropian market values translate into RL currency? Interesting topic too.
Value judgements about RL currencies or investment strategies, based on political issues or nationalism? Nope, not for discussion here, as it starts to step into the area of 'RL controversial discussion'.

Eh what? Who said anything about "hate for russians" :silly2:
It was a curios question because it's not denying that the ruble have taken a drastic down turn in a very short time space and it's still going down today. So having some CLDs ingame would be probably be a bit of luck for them because in the short term it could be a bit expansive for them to deposit and finance their playing. Of course some maybe are profiting in-game from other actions and don't need to deposing at all.

Never asked with this question. You thinking it is crisis? What crisis? We all relaxed, and nothing happens around, maybe few people concerned, I do not care. And all financial professionals must to be exiled to the Arctic, most of it always will steal money :). And I do not care about the exchange rate $ to rouble, the main thing that it was stable. 20-50-100-200 to 1$, I do not care...but stable :)
Also I do not like CLD as an investment, so I do not have it.

Yeah, in the long run it doesn't matter as long as the prices and exchange rate is stable, but in the short run it's a problem, because the income like salaries don't adjust to the new price and cost levels immediately. I also think the fall of the Ruble is a bit of overreaction triggered by the fall in the world market price on oil, I'm pretty sure the Oil price soon will jump up to higher level and will stabilize around 70-80USD/barrel which would boost the Ruble back up again a bit, even if it will not recover all value it have lost this year.

Yeah, in the long run it doesn't matter as long as the prices and exchange rate is stable, but in the short run it's a problem, because the income like salaries don't adjust to the new price and cost levels immediately. I also think the fall of the Ruble is a bit of overreaction triggered by the fall in the world market price on oil, I'm pretty sure the Oil price soon will jump up to higher level and will stabilize around 70-80USD/barrel which would boost the Ruble back up again a bit, even if it will not recover all value it have lost this year.

Here nothing has changed, except that a few loonies bought a sport cars :laugh:. Red caviar and other goods was in the shop, so it is. The price is higher only in our unfortunately high level of inflation (for year, not weeks or months) and the fall of the ruble on prices in the shops had no effect. I live here, and I see only panic on the Internet and in the press. The rest as usual. About any investment in the EU or in currency ... I do not have a dollars or EURO in my bank account :) Only rubles. You just do not know that when inflation of 7-10% per year, the ruble allows to make of 100-200% per annum after tax in our country. In dollars and euros, or the European economy this is not possible

Which means you have to depo twice as much to get the same amount of peds than 2 months ago.
...or withdraw half as much to get the same amount of roubles. :)

Its time for MA to change ~ 1 American dollar = 20 ped! DO IT ! :yay:

Which means you have to depo twice as much to get the same amount of peds than 2 months ago.

I do not depo for gameplay. Last was for Shop upgrade only. $ was about 45 rubles, now it is about 60-70, but this means nothing

When MA will make USD/PED ratio fluent is only matter of time. They can set exchange rate by themselves as they wish and stabilise that tiny VR economy vs. weakening USD. WIthj proper management of Exchange rates they can avoid masive devaluation of ingame assets and PED inflation (which is folowing USD one atm causing pricess to fall slower than they should )

But there is no stable currency, and gold is also not an option.

Isn't the Russian media blaming the West for sanctions? And to compound the issue oil price has halved which is Russia's major income. Thus I would imagine having USD assets in EU now is very worthwhile.
Would be interesting to see what the Russian media says vs what the Western media is telling us :)

I assure you that all media lie to us and to you, but it is better not to touch this shit, because this is political dirt, and will be deleted by mods :)

I assure you that all media lie to us and to you, but it is better not to touch this shit, because this is political dirt, and will be deleted by mods :)

Yea all sorts of dirt all over this move but best not get into it. However what i WILL get into is Oil (dont usually do commodities but this one is too good to not get into soon).....soon and sometime after the rub WILL also head back up ;) Kachinggg, Kachinggg :wtg:

images.jpeg

:lolup::lolup:

1385930081_5.jpg

Description: Nothing special - a typical day in Russia :laugh:

1385930081_5.jpg

Description: Nothing special - a typical day in Russia :laugh:

If you really live in St. Petersburg thats pretty cool! I would love to visit one day and see where Catherine the Great and Peter the Great once ruled :)

If you really live in St. Petersburg thats pretty cool! I would love to visit one day and see where Catherine the Great and Peter the Great once ruled :)

Yes, I live here, it's a wonderful city :)

RUS going 4 gold > bye bye $ (where is the loo00oong drop icon) :yup:

Back