stupid Aussie Dollar ;,(

K_rupT

Prowler
KrupT KrupT RaveR
Here i am all excited about to reinvest in EU and buy some new toys only to find that the AUD is 0.82 USD
which has completely Halted me from any future investments for now , Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

back to grinding on fumes it is

yeah aussie has been getting smashed to bits the last few months.

However tonight its the Fed's rate decision which might reverse it or make it drop even more. Will have to see.

Here i am all excited about to reinvest in EU and buy some new toys only to find that the AUD is 0.82 USD
which has completely Halted me from any future investments for now , Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

This is both good and bad news. Bad news as in your money does not go as far as it did when it was over par with the USD. Good news as in the new strength of the USD gives better security to the worlds economy. Therefore more people in the world will have more money to join and invest in Ferrari's. Err ul quads. ;) And hopefully blow some of the extra cash on uneco hunting. ;)

yeah aussie has been getting smashed to bits the last few months.

However tonight its the Fed's rate decision which might reverse it or make it drop even more. Will have to see.

Ive been in and out shorting this pair since Sept 09th. Im out of this pair for the FOMC later today but long on USD/CAD in anticipation. AUS /USD overall has been bearish for a long time, but then the longest charts i do are Weekly on which it looks like a interim reverse (against the main trend ) is due (who knows when :) )

Last edited:
Ive been in and out shorting this pair since Sept 09th. Im out of this pair for the FOMC later today but long on USD/CAD in anticipation. AUS /USD overall has been bearish for a long time, but then the longest charts i do are Weekly on which it looks like a interim reverse (against the main trend ) is due (who knows when :) )

damn piwatez on financial marketz, yarrr

Rub is by far worse :p

damn piwatez on financial marketz, yarrr

Nah, in that sea im just just a piwat in a skivi (small boat) bobbing around in the wake of the big trawler piwats, and right now im hitting some chop (-24pips, TSL set @ -40 ) on my long USD / CAD. Shoulda straddled this report, but oh well.

Last edited:

Ozzie, try to imagine the Au dollar as fun money, therefore invest it as you see fit. As a GBP resident, we see your money as toy money, so think this way. And hey, think of the USD as we do. Stop limiting your ideas.

Well there you have it. AUD / USD is back on bearish after that brief spike. i think it will continue down for a while longer and then some sort of reversal for a month or two before going back on trend (bearish). All speculation ofc :smoke:

ghghghg.jpg

?? @ least on the weekly it looks that way.

I got taken out initially, but recovered all losses + when the spike reversed back on the main trend ^^ Except i forgot to adjust my profit margin for the impromtu new lower Bullish entry back to the top, so took profit, but less than i could have LOL. Phew, arrrrrr :)

pipagetonightt.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the Canadian dollar is shrinking as well but you can thank your lucky stars your not RUSSIAN!:)broke:)

Well there you have it. AUD / USD is back on bearish after that brief spike. i think it will continue down for a while longer and then some sort of reversal for a month or two before going back on trend (bearish). All speculation ofc :smoke:

ghghghg.jpg

?? @ least on the weekly it looks that way.

I got taken out initially, but recovered all losses + when the spike reversed back on the main trend ^^ Except i forgot to adjust my profit margin for the impromtu new lower Bullish entry back to the top, so took profit, but less than i could have LOL. Phew, arrrrrr :)

pipagetonightt.jpg

LOL I use those same stochastic settings on daily too, when I use stochs but dont very often only use it really to spot divergence. ( think thats the daily )

LOL I use those same stochastic settings on daily too, when I use stochs but dont very often only use it really to spot divergence. ( think thats the daily )

Thats a weekly chart :) Obviously news events are different and i usually straddle them ( placing buy and sell orders on either side for those that dont know), not straight up call it like i did earlier lol. For regular trading i just use the indicator to confirm what i see on the charts :) I check for trend matches on weekly then Daily then 4 hour and entries on 30min (my smallest tf chart i use) and ALWAYS with the main trend. Generally i dont do reverses against the trend, i wait (game time while waiting :) )

Last edited:

You imagine your knowledge of the AU dollar allows you to complain?

2 things

1. The AU dollar has fell considerably over the last few days... be aware of your local currency rates.

2. learn to earn more, because as much as I am a fan of Australia, it appears they are keeping the minimum wage down.

Let's leave the politics out of it, and limit this to how the current exchange rate affects Entropian decisions, ok?

The AUD/USD rate has been dropping for quite some time, and I'm surprised an Australian-based player hasn't noticed before now.

While it's not a particularly good time for Australians to deposit (compared to a couple of years ago), the rate is expected by the financial press here to drop further during the next few months, so if you intend to deposit, better to do it now than later.

On the other hand, it's coming up to being a very good time for Aussies to withdraw :)

Let's leave the politics out of it, and limit this to how the current exchange rate affects Entropian decisions, ok?

The AUD/USD rate has been dropping for quite some time, and I'm surprised an Australian-based player hasn't noticed before now.

While it's not a particularly good time for Australians to deposit (compared to a couple of years ago), the rate is expected by the financial press here to drop further during the next few months, so if you intend to deposit, better to do it now than later.

On the other hand, it's coming up to being a very good time for Aussies to withdraw :)

sigh , here we go ,

you cant have one without the other , its the politics that affects the exchange rate and ergo decisions you may or may not make inside EU.

I'm old-school. I put all of my money into CDs.

Well, CDs and DVDs.

:tongue2:

Increased tourism spending and exports?

chip out and get more cash back? (if it doesn't change in the 100 days it takes to get your actually cash that is)

seems like win win to me.

50 days and counting:wtg:

business days ofc:mad:

Back