Merry Mayhem 2014

Hmm with ghost armor in cat 3...that will be a bad merry mayham.

I don't see a single category showing this as a prize. Is this something presumed to be in the loot pool? Or am I overlooking it? Is it another error?

I dont know, I have the same info available to me as you do. All that I did was look at the items listed under Prize Item Statistics toward the bottom.

Mindark could u please clarify 30 or 40 hours.
Those 10 hours extra makes a big diffrence on the stress lvl of the holidays. I for one will pass if its 40 and would like to know befor it starts so i can make plans.

Perhaps the "mistake" was made on purpose, to see our opinion about the +10 hours ..
Based on our feedback they can decide about the mandatory time spent

As my opinion, I totally disagree with 40 hours option..

give way less prizes, make people play longer so they cant have plan on xmas, wow

Yes this years mayhem sucks, this is not the way to get high activity.

give way less prizes, make people play longer so they cant have plan on xmas, wow

39 hours is ok just doable....40 hrs!!!wtf fu MA

Answer from support about time.

Hi toad,

The prize eligibility requirement for Merry Mayhem 2014 is 40 hours.

The information on the event page and announcement has been corrected.

Thanks for reporting.

Kind regards,

Entropia Universe Support

So it is 40 hours. Damn that stinks. I spend all year getting better gear for this as I couldn't take part last year and now I doubt I can fit in the hours :mad:

I dont know, I have the same info available to me as you do. All that I did was look at the items listed under Prize Item Statistics toward the bottom.

No worries m8, I was more so asking to see if an Official would answer. I'm assuming that they'll be attached to the lower category prizes. Instead of Mod and Imp for prize. Just trying to get all the data before deciding if it really is worth doing this year. And it looks like 40 hrs is confirmed, so I think I'm not going to participate. That's just a bit too much of an obligation to juggle work, school, family, and gaming. C'mon Mindark, stop being greedy! At least extend the dates, to relieve the pressure of the extra commitment.

yeah that sucks, 40h is a huge difference, especially for those of us wanting to do both. Well, for me that's a big difference cuz I can't play everyday. It also makes it much much more difficult to do team MM, cuz people tend to have a little holiday around that time but after that it's tough to find good times for large groups of people.

As to the prizes, well the first place still looks strong in most cases but aside from that it falls off very quickly and quite often isn't even worth the 10% in tt you lose anymore.

Quite surprising to see the "last" MM be such a step down from earlier Mayhems. I was kind of hoping they'd end it with a big freaking bang! Instead we get a watered down version exaggerated by it being 40h. incredible!

Regards
Thark

edit: "Last" MM cuz now the set is finished. Would have been cool to see them stepping it up for a big finish.

TNX Mindark

Looks like MA has succesfuly f#$@ed only real event all were waiting for, big GRATZ you are experts in making all entropian feel pathetic and betreyed.

1. Prizes and rules were announced just 3 days before start, when all real participants had already made teams, and prepared gear- so they kinda have no choise ( ok always can sell out :scratch2: )
2. 40 h in place of 30h ( when all kinda expected 30, and all team shedulers were made for 30 --- TNX again for kicking our asses MA)- 40 h in solo, then 40 h in team -- come one PPL dont live so long to play :scratch2:
3. Prizes are even worse , BIG bounch of faps, and thats it, so faps on market go down, and those parize faps also will not be very worth fight to death-- and also quite boring, all cat, all places, just faps, faps , faps, and gloves, NO interesting Guns, NO mindforce stuff, NO cloaks, what ever to make life (game) a bit more interesting and exciting -- I would like to see how winers will sell this to just 4000 ppl EU comunity, aready full with this all :(.
4. and last bot n ot least - WTF is universal ammo, especialy for some avatars who use melee to hunt, are u kiding, u cant even sell it, no split it :lolup:, got to be total :eyecrazy: to make such prize list

Probably there can be some more comments, but thouse are the main objectives what makes this MM event VERY f***d up

Last edited:
Looks like MA has succesfuly f#$@ed only real event all were waiting for, big GRATZ you are experts in making all entropian feel pathetic and betreyed.

1. Prizes and rules were announced just 3 days before start, when all real participants had already made teams, and prepared gear- so they kinda have no choise ( ok always can sell out :scratch2: )
2. 40 h in place of 30h ( when all kinda expected 30, and all team shedulers were made for 30 --- TNX again for kicking our asses MA)- 40 h in solo, then 40 h in team -- come one PPL dont live so long to play :scratch2:
3. Prizes are even worse , BIG bounch of faps, and thats it, so faps on market go down, and those parize faps also will not be very worth fight to death-- and also quite boring, all cat, all places, just faps, faps , faps, and gloves, NO interesting Guns, NO mindforce stuff, NO cloaks, what ever to make life (game) a bit more interesting and exciting -- I would like to see how winers will sell this to just 4000 ppl EU comunity, aready full with this all :(.
4. and last bot n ot least - WTF is universal ammo, especialy for some avatars who use melee to hunt, are u kiding, u cant even sell it, no split it :lolup:, got to be total :eyecrazy: to make such prize list

Probably there can be some more comments, but thouse are the main objectives what makes this MM event VERY f***d up

you understand that this is a event that no one is forced to join.. about prizes i think they are more than enough, as the winners will be the same guys as always. About the universal ammo i agree, that melee users are not thought off.. maybe somekind of terminal to use universal ammo to repair UL melee weapons would solve this?

Misprint:

For the Highest Single Loot (HSL) score bonus, if the participant who achieves the HSL on one of the Merry Mayhem creatures does not meet the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement, the next highest loot for the creature in question will be considered. And so on, until a prize-eligible participant is awarded the HLS score bonus.

The contest clearly says you need 40 hours. I'm pretty sure this is a mistake. :)

Also, why do 4th and 5th always seem to be such shit prizes? 6th place is a Trauma X amp that does 44 damage which should be worth more than any of the stuff in 4th/5th place.

Misprint:

Also, why do 4th and 5th always seem to be such shit prizes? 6th place is a Trauma X amp that does 44 damage which should be worth more than any of the stuff in 4th/5th place.

To make ppl join who are sure they cant get the top places, but 6th place might be achievable.

you understand that this is a event that no one is forced to join.. about prizes i think they are more than enough, as the winners will be the same guys as always. About the universal ammo i agree, that melee users are not thought off.. maybe somekind of terminal to use universal ammo to repair UL melee weapons would solve this?

oh come on, have you ever really participated? Ever managed a big ass team? It's a lot of work. Granted less so since the instances but still. The stuff you buy in advance alone, the planning, the talking and scheduling. Don't take this the wrong way, but unless you have ever done it you'll likely think it's way easier/cheaper/less work intensive than it is.
again prizes are fine for first places but anything after is meh.

Regards
Thark

Misprint:

For the Highest Single Loot (HSL) score bonus, if the participant who achieves the HSL on one of the Merry Mayhem creatures does not meet the 30-hour prize eligibility requirement, the next highest loot for the creature in question will be considered. And so on, until a prize-eligible participant is awarded the HLS score bonus.

The contest clearly says you need 40 hours. I'm pretty sure this is a mistake. :)

I am quite sure MA doesn't want to lose the bonus with some of the not partecipants so if you don't have made at least 30 hours they won't consider you eligible for the prize. Probably it's not a text mistake, just as intended to work.

ie. If you made 38 hours you get the bonus.

Yes of course, no one is forced to play at all, not just join this event. I complain that MA was ecouraging all to prepare teams, to prepare gear etc. with no real rules available. So its just logical, tha ppl realy on historical data at least about time neded to participate. AND also calculate cost to participate, and also all team members do the same-- this is where come question about so many FAPS in one time released in game, what will be the price ???? :scratch2: , you realy think it will go up :D :D, or even stay the same LOL.

I manage to free 30h to make MM, but 40h is problem to me -- so now Im a bit F@#$@d, as if i dont go at all, I will have ~ 4 days to find some other entertainement, but all visits to friends and realtives, are already set up.
If I play, I will miss some events I have planed to go --- SO yes I feel F@#@#d from MA

I am quite sure MA doesn't want to lose the bonus with some of the not partecipants so if you don't have made at least 30 hours they won't consider you eligible for the prize. Probably it's not a text mistake, just as intended to work.

ie. If you made 38 hours you get the bonus.

Incorrect.

If this is true:

***IMPORTANT*** A participant must complete at least 40 hours in the assigned Merry Mayhem instance in order to qualify for winning a prize.

Then you obviously had to do at least 40 hours and not 30 hours to be considered. There's no point in posting 30 hours if you have to do 40.

Yeah, it seems you are right here :cool:

Please re-think

MA,

40hrs is too much over the christmas period. You need to re-think this. Just check the playerbase demographics and I am sure you will see that there a lot of players who have families and can just about spend 30hrs playing in MM but 40hrs would be too much during holiday period. I work all year and christmas is a time for relaxation. I don't want to feel that I have to 'work' at EU over my holiday.

Regards

Zyloc

with rules and prices like that its an easy choice that I will spend 0 hours and enjoy christmas instead :wtg::wtg:

MA,

40hrs is too much over the christmas period. You need to re-think this. Just check the playerbase demographics and I am sure you will see that there a lot of players who have families and can just about spend 30hrs playing in MM but 40hrs would be too much during holiday period. I work all year and christmas is a time for relaxation. I don't want to feel that I have to 'work' at EU over my holiday.

Regards

Zyloc

Come on, people had no problem with Halloween Mayhem that run for a week or what?

This freaking thing runs from today till mid of January.. It's like three more time then we were given for Halloween Mayhem.. So, is it really a problem to spend 40 hours hunting in like 4 weeks time frame? 10 hours per week? Like an 1.5 hour a day?

It's not that bad..

EDIT: I actually looked more carefully and it's 3 weeks of time, so yeah, 30 hours would be more appropriate..

Last edited:
MA,

Regards

Zyloc

SO as there is NO time left to make changes -- as I posted :lolup:, we are '..........:mad: , and do 40 h or can sit and cry--- dang, its like working for free on Holyday - for me 20h would be enough, and then if want some better result, do more, as I not gona even try to compeate with all thouse terminator guns available to someone in game, first places are already known ( just order is a question), som MA can just give out prizes already :D :D :laugh:

40h x 2 is at least 80hours during our chrismas !

now i understand why you mindark guyz waited last minute to announce rulez and prizes
noone would have bothered organize teams and buy expensive stuff if we knew in advance how shitty it would be

Come on, people had no problem with Halloween Mayhem that run for a week or what?

This freaking thing runs from today till mid of January.. It's like three more time then we were given for Halloween Mayhem.. So, is it really a problem to spend 40 hours hunting in like 4 weeks time frame? 10 hours per week? Like an 1.5 hour a day?

It's not that bad..

For solo, its not so big problem-- but also feels like work, but get team together 40x, is much much harder- there are just some so addicted to this game like WS.... who log to game like go to work :D

Why change it to 40h? come on it's the holiday season, let us hang out with family! Especially for those prizes!

let me guess.... to make people spend and deposit more :scratch2: as they seem to be in need of cash.

Suck it up cowboys. ;)

If you don't want to do MM, you can always do the runner program in my sig. :)

Back