Who is in charge?

das

Elite
Society
The Ministry
dasouth Genious dasouth
Stupid question maybe but,
who is in charge of the economic section (balancing) & is it possible to have a public chat with him/her on pcf or have a public q & a?

This thread was produced after looking very closely at what you tried to achieve the last 18 months

ps: If it is not possible, for whatever reason, I & the community would appreciate to hear that as an answer instead of just being ignored!

Thanks in advance,

Das

Some questions sked in this thread by several players..

Why can calypso have 1 ped TT guns but none drop on other planets?

What was the idea of adjusting the loot tables on mobs in such a drastic way?

What was the idea of making 80-85% of our loot ammo and shrapnell without markup paid by other players?

Why is the loot similar on all maturities of a mob?

What was the idea of removing explosives from loot and making an instant-loss BP to craft it?

Did you change the effect of skills the last few years & was it in a good or a bad way for the skilled players?
Knowing you are gonna add a total skill count, does ths mean anything in terms of results, be it TT wise or after mu?

Does a pp has to have a certain number of players and an amount of ped cycled on the planet before certain loot is available to the pp to distribute, (eg: weapons, tools, resources) is this true, and if so, does this effect the balance of other planets?

Are you happy with the way you, or allow other PP's to, saturate the market with specific loots from short-lived events? Examples could be FAP-90 on LT a few years back, the 'scannergate', and most recently the 1-PED E.L.M weapons from your LT 'system performance test'?
Do you think the majority of your customers are happy with it?

Note : I did slightly adjust the questions but I think the main questions is still asked, if you don't agree... lemme know

Last edited:
Bob

the Janitor

Tnx this thread needed to be made.

BTW, if anyone has fair questions wich can be answered by this person w/o revealing how loot works, feel free to ask them in this thread

Why can calypso rain down 1ped guns but I have never seen any on other planets?

What was the idea of messing with the loot tables on the mobs?

What was the idea of making 80-85% of our loot ammo and shrapnell without markup?

What was the idea of making the loot similar on all maturities of a mob?

What was the idea of removing explosives from loot and making a instant-loss BP to make it?

I'll add a question of my own..
Did you change the effect of skills the last few years & was it in a good or a bad way for the skilled players?
Knowing you are gonna add a total skill count, does ths mean anything in terms of results, be it TT wise or after mu?

For those wondering, this isn't about hunting specificly so feel free to add questions about other professions, even if they aren't recognised ingame by skills..
Mining, crafting, taming, space, trading, PK.. go ahead... this is your chance :p

I remember reading that a pp has to have a certain number of players and an amount of ped cycled on the planet before certain loot is available to the pp to distribute, (eg: weapons, tools, resources) is this true, and if so, does this effect the balance of other planets?

Total skill count would probably be added because people have been asking for it for a long time.

What was the idea of making 80-85% of our loot ammo and shrapnell without markup?

What was the idea of removing explosives from loot and making a instant-loss BP to make it?

I think this all has a big link to the come back of the Universe Auction and Planet Partners. In order to get the needed items in loot you must go to other planets. At lease I hope this is it and Arkadia's tables will not be messed up next.........:eyecrazy:

Edit..but yes..stupid idea really..I can see it good for PP but still for the player base on Calypso and all it's mobs with nothing to do..come on MA...this plan will not work.

More specifics on attributes......

Reactions: das
Simple. MA is in charge - calypso is a subsidiary of MindArk. Thus they get special treatment.

A Good example are melee amps. They said other planets were gonna get them too, but instead only they are allowed to release new ones.

Quite a shame really.

One question I would ask is
"Are you happy with the way you, or allow other PP's to, saturate the market with specific loots from short-lived events? Examples could be FAP-90 on LT a few years back, the 'scannergate', and most recently the 1-PED E.L.M weapons from your LT 'system performance test'?".

I'd possibly follow up with (just to get it in writing how warped their reality distortion field really is)
"Do you think the majority of your customers are happy with it?"

They haven't decided on the name of the monkey yet, thus OP will not receive an answer, ofcorse - they can't just reply "the monkey" as then we would not know which one exactly...

I am yet to see instant loss from crafting the Explosives, maybe im doing it wrong?

Why can calypso rain down 1ped guns but I have never seen any on other planets?

The answer is probably "because they have not added those". I have not seen any indication of the ammo vs decay part in items not being in the hands of PP developers.

1. Make it possible to hunt economic with a smaller bankroll.

2. It is not

3. See 1

4. Probably to give people the possibility to grind for TT. Insta-loss?

I'll try and answer some although MA probably has better reasons

1. The idea was to make it better and a few shouting on forum does not make it otherwise. For most who do there research its way better hunting now then it was before. So u and a bunch can keep shouting but that does not change the fact that it is much better now if u pick your mobs correctly.

2. 80-85% loot is partly in shrapnel with 101% auto mu which most of oils were before. Now oils however are 115% mu and personally i love it. Most who actually use there head and dont go grinding a mob without doing research will not like it, so i see where this is coming from :p

3. Maturities is kind of lame, it should not be like that. Tougher mats should give better mu , so here i agree not the best but as they have said this is gonna get fine tuned, I expect better segregation on this front.

4. Insta loss bp means u either have not done it or have no clue. If you cant see the benefit of having metal residue generator for crafting, you need to try it out and see how wonderful and profitable it is right now. Residue prices dont seem to be going down either, so it seems like a good move for now. Time will tell as we need to see the full effects of this. Also as someone who uses rockets, I dont see why i should pay mu when others don't, be it MF,melee or blp/laser.

PS : There is mushrooms/crystals/guns with 150 mu etc and so much other mu to go for that personally i think its morons who cry about bad loot for hunting right now. Just do the damn research and use your head for gods sake.

I second what Div says. There are also land areas, such as my own, that have events for grinders with mobs that just ooze markup. Find them, change your thinking as it relates to hunting, and profit.

1. The idea was to make it better and a few shouting on forum does not make it otherwise. For most who do there research its way better hunting now then it was before. So u and a bunch can keep shouting but that does not change the fact that it is much better now if u pick your mobs correctly.

2. 80-85% loot is partly in shrapnel with 101% auto mu which most of oils were before. Now oils however are 115% mu and personally i love it. Most who actually use there head and dont go grinding a mob without doing research will not like it, so i see where this is coming from :p

3. Maturities is kind of lame, it should not be like that. Tougher mats should give better mu , so here i agree not the best but as they have said this is gonna get fine tuned, I expect better segregation on this front.

4. Insta loss bp means u either have not done it or have no clue. If you cant see the benefit of having metal residue generator for crafting, you need to try it out and see how wonderful and profitable it is right now. Residue prices dont seem to be going down either, so it seems like a good move for now. Time will tell as we need to see the full effects of this. Also as someone who uses rockets, I dont see why i should pay mu when others don't, be it MF,melee or blp/laser.

PS : There is mushrooms/crystals/guns with 150 mu etc and so much other mu to go for that personally i think its morons who cry about bad loot for hunting right now. Just do the damn research and use your head for gods sake.

I didn't ask for answers here cause I need the correct ones from MA. The system is fucked up and my questions are legit. I've hunted my share to hit lvl 95 and I know both what crap smells like and looks like. With the amount of TT shit in loot now you need a sick avg. markup on the other part to even get close to breakeven. 115% oils doesn't cut it at all even assuming 95% TT return using maxed guns.

Sorry Div, but how much money do you have tied up in hunting gear that you are trying to sell atm?
& Saying you need to pick your mob carefully is BS, Kim stated that the reason of change was to make every mob worth hunting..
& saying it's better now even if a few shout w/o further arguments is messed up
I could go on discussing but it's not the purpose of this thread

& to mr 5 bucks, we all know you like to promote your la(s) in every thread you can.. pls don't do it in mine

thx

edit : my post might sound rude & disrespectful but it isn't my intention, this thread is to get answers, not opinions

Last edited:
I mine most of my time but having tried MM for 10 hours i can certainly notice the differences since the introduction of shrapnel.
If i was a full time hunter i would certainly raise some flags regarding the changes they made and still are making.
Getting 90% return in ammo and the rest with no MU makes me wonder if i should even continue to participate.

ps. every global contained ammo and shrapnel only, where is the fun in that?

I didn't ask for answers here cause I need the correct ones from MA. The system is fucked up and my questions are legit. I've hunted my share to hit lvl 95 and I know both what crap smells like and looks like. With the amount of TT shit in loot now you need a sick avg. markup on the other part to even get close to breakeven. 115% oils doesn't cut it at all even assuming 95% TT return using maxed guns.

I have a 55 yr old gentleman working at my place who said something like this " I have 30 yrs of experience and yet my pay is lower then those who have 10 yrs of experience in the field". Sounds very similar to your lvl 95 claim :p

For the rest of readers, minim is a very good friend and we have this debate raging since the shrapnel implementation on skype every other day. He just likes being an arse too much.

For those wondering, share your hunting profit minim from last month and we will leave it at that :D

Sorry Div, but how much money do you have tied up in hunting gear that you are trying to sell atm?
& Saying you need to pick your mob carefully is BS, Kim stated that the reason of change was to make every mob worth hunting..
& saying it's better now even if a few shout w/o further arguments is messed up
I could go on discussing but it's not the purpose of this thread

& to mr 5 bucks, we all know you like to promote your la(s) in every thread you can.. pls don't do it in mine

thx

edit : my post might sound rude & disrespectful but it isn't my intention, this thread is to get answers, not opinions

The items i have for sale are for the trading that i do. However, i now have a full set armor/gun and fap all from hunting profit ( and i mean just hunting profit and not including trading) some of which i bought overpriced even ( not something a reseller should do) but I bought it as it saves me so much more in actual hunts. Eventually if i have to tt those or lose mu on them , I wouldn't care because they are free to begin with, and also would have saved me there value before i ever sell them. My hunting profit for last 2 years stands at 135k peds ( last year was better then this year thanks to a shared calytrek ten) and last month alone being at 6k peds ( from hunting alone not including trading) and this is after the loot was changed.

I don't know what kim said but personally i find it funny that anyone can make such a claim. It simply will never happen. What makes EU special is knowledge is key. They cannot remove that without destroying the game. That holds true for hunting/mining/crafting and trading.

I mine most of my time but having tried MM for 10 hours i can certainly notice the differences since the introduction of shrapnel.
If i was a full time hunter i would certainly raise some flags regarding the changes they made and still are making.
Getting 90% return in ammo and the rest with no MU makes me wonder if i should even continue to participate.

It is not the same for all mobs and there is plenty of mu to go after. Being a miner, if u go to an area containing lyst and oil, you cant expect to do well , can u?? Likewise with hunting, you cant just do whatever you want and expect to do well. A full time miner should know where to go for mu, likewise a full time hunter is expected to know the same. If he does not, then he needs to update himself.

I have shared enough details, now if u want to continue with your whining, feel free to do so without any inputs from my end.

Cheers,

Divinity

1. The idea was to make it better and a few shouting on forum does not make it otherwise. For most who do there research its way better hunting now then it was before. So u and a bunch can keep shouting but that does not change the fact that it is much better now if u pick your mobs correctly

I have tried to make this point in other threads. There was a time when this was pretty easy, picking your mob, all you had to do was play for several years. But then MA started "just changing stuff".

If I may ask what reference are you using to "pick the right mob" I can't seem to find the ones to help me craft simple I springs. Much less anything like atau was in the past.

It is not the same for all mobs and there is plenty of mu to go after. Being a miner, if u go to an area containing lyst and oil, you cant expect to do well , can u?? Likewise with hunting, you cant just do whatever you want and expect to do well. A full time miner should know where to go for mu, likewise a full time hunter is expected to know the same. If he does not, then he needs to update himself.

I have shared enough details, now if u want to continue with your whining, feel free to do so without any inputs from my end.

Cheers,

Divinity

Not sure if i should enlighten you or not, i guess i missed the update that asking questions is a automatic whine translation in some people minds. I did point out i was asking myself if i should continue with MM, would u mind pointing out the selection of mobs that i can choose of with MU within MM?

I agree on one point, do feel free to stop putting input from your end.

I have a 55 yr old gentleman working at my place who said something like this " I have 30 yrs of experience and yet my pay is lower then those who have 10 yrs of experience in the field". Sounds very similar to your lvl 95 claim :p

For the rest of readers, minim is a very good friend and we have this debate raging since the shrapnel implementation on skype every other day. He just likes being an arse too much.

For those wondering, share your hunting profit minim from last month and we will leave it at that :D

The items i have for sale are for the trading that i do. However, i now have a full set armor/gun and fap all from hunting profit ( and i mean just hunting profit and not including trading) some of which i bought overpriced even ( not something a reseller should do) but I bought it as it saves me so much more in actual hunts. Eventually if i have to tt those or lose mu on them , I wouldn't care because they are free to begin with, and also would have saved me there value before i ever sell them. My hunting profit for last 2 years stands at 135k peds ( last year was better then this year thanks to a shared calytrek ten) and last month alone being at 6k peds ( from hunting alone not including trading) and this is after the loot was changed.

I don't know what kim said but personally i find it funny that anyone can make such a claim. It simply will never happen. What makes EU special is knowledge is key. They cannot remove that without destroying the game. That holds true for hunting/mining/crafting and trading.

Cheers,

Divinity

So.. how do you know what to hunt?

I guess I should stop pussy-footing around. Why play for years to find out the "tricks". the mobs to hunt, the place to mine, the stuff to buy? All those things will be different tomorrow, glad I don't own a mod fap.

Last edited:
Back