Who is in charge?

I wasn't to sure about the loot changes, but after some time i actually think is better. Allows people to get stacks together to auction quicker, also allows to target loot better.

Overall is ok i think, and i was kinda quietly anti initially tbh.

I wasn't to sure about the loot changes, but after some time i actually think is better. Allows people to get stacks together to auction quicker, also allows to target loot better.

Overall is ok i think, and i was kinda quietly anti initially tbh.

The problem is though that the player base is to small so a lot of stackables that are at say 115% or higher never sell because they are traded so rarely so they become tt-food.

I want to know "How loot works". The fundamental principles should not be a secret imo.

BTW, if anyone has fair questions wich can be answered by this person w/o revealing how loot works, feel free to ask them in this thread

I want to know "How loot works". The fundamental principles should not be a secret imo.

this question has been asked several times b4 & won't be answered, neither is it the goal of this thread.. this is about balance, not loot

Answer to all your questions= MA has a team of dev's sitting around a table thinking up ways to squeeze every pec out of the common player. ;)

If you can figure out how the trade terminal plays a role in the algorithm of loot and use the market correctly, you will be successful.

Loot works like this, warning loot is not what you think it is.

MA loots the player of a percentage of any deposits made, taxes etc.

Players loot other players of their PED via decay hunting and pulling an invisible slot machine lever to see if you got payout and how much you get from the other players contributed decay.

MA will lever loose there is no house in this game only other players that we will ever take money from we only are playing against each other to take each others PED anyway we can via the nice dynamic gambling system MA has in place.

There are many theories of how it works and none of them are 100% wrong or 100% right as everything is all based on each persons perception and not on and entire absolute collection of data. My perception is that it is based on time played, amount deposited, levels acquired, skills acquired, etc. the actual equation is more complex then one thinks on how a payout works and will never be 100% known nor should it be unless everyone no matter who you are knows exactly what they will get at all times before doing anything. And what would be the point of playing then?

Disclaimers:

1) I'm a low level hunter
2) All mobs may be different
3) All player's experience of returns may be different

Just wanted to give my experience as far as ammo return.

During 6500 Longu kills, I received 33.65% of loot back as shrapnel and 58.98% of total loot was ammo (Shrapnel/BLP Packs/Weapon Cells).

During 10000 Argonaut (Bronze) kills, I received 32.76% of loot back as shrapnel and 53.99% of total loot was ammo (Shrapnel/BLP Packs/Weapon Cells).

I was originally very upset with the loot changes, but I've found that having more consistent stackables has been helpful when it comes time to auction things. I've also found it helpful in terms of chain hunting. Prior to the change, every 2-3 hunts I had to turn around and sell the loot to try to get money for the next hunts. Since the change I can go 5-6 runs because I'm getting enough shrapnel to help with ammo for the next hunt.

Markup on stackables has also significantly increased on most oils. There are 2 oils that I can think of that haven't had markup increase. Unfortunately these are oils that dropped off of Halloween mayhem (and I'm assuming based on others' comments also merry mayhem) mobs. It's very possible that the reason these haven't gone up is because the mayhems have flooded the supply, but once mayhem is over, don't be surprised to see these oils go up in MU as well.

@ scurvey : most ppl say this makes the game cheaper to play
to me, it just means you need a smaller bankroll & makes the game more expensive as there's less avg mu in hunting loot.

This thread's title wins.

Still waiting till one of the devs bother to log in to the forum..:laugh:

As a returning player who was the most active for like 6 years ago I would say it's great now.
Better than ever actually..something I still find strange though is the over all poor performance of the game even on high end computers.

I would rate my overall experience since returning as very positive and enjoyable.

As a returning player who was the most active for like 6 years ago I would say it's great now.
Better than ever actually..something I still find strange though is the over all poor performance of the game even on high end computers.

I would rate my overall experience since returning as very positive and enjoyable.
Welcome back. :beerchug:

What was the idea of removing explosives from loot and making an instant-loss BP to craft it?

Over and over again, poeople have asked to have craftable ammo - and here you are.

As for markup: Explosive ammo did have markup Before, maybe just not as high.

Comparing to other weapon systems: The simular feature of mindforce (area effects), the strike chips, "also" uses special ammo that has a markup (light mind essence). And a guess is that also droprate of diluted sweat has gone down. And, well, mindforce strike chips have had a nerf some time ago when it comes to aiming (not sure when, I don't use it much nowdays).

One thought I've had would be if explosive did drop, from smaller creature in small amounts, to allow occasional uses of wapons like the "puny" skildek or NGL-1 to allow for lesser level initial skilling.

Maybe just the use of rocket launchers have gone from grinding with them as eco as with other weapons, to be more selective. A guess I have is that say 75% of the explosives has been used by one single type of repairable rocket launcher (whose generation is no longer availible).

6 weeks w/o a dev bump

Still better than RT team and zombie kong.

CJGFb2x.jpg

Still better than RT team and zombie kong.

CJGFb2x.jpg

That's not the exp. I've had with NVD
Notice that I've never been a big fan of him but when I did go to RT to cycle +100k ped I actually saw him ingame several times..
I asked for an email adress to send my findings to & what should be adjusted from a hunter's perspective & he did actually read the mail, answered it & changed a few things that I asked for, like making the phasms untaxed..
Another thing I noticed in my interactions with him is that he was always honnest in his replies instead of giving a bs answer that could mean 5 diffrent things

That's not the exp. I've had with NVD
Notice that I've never been a big fan of him but when I did go to RT to cycle +100k ped I actually saw him ingame several times..
I asked for an email adress to send my findings to & what should be adjusted from a hunter's perspective & he did actually read the mail, answered it & changed a few things that I asked for, like making the phasms untaxed..
Another thing I noticed in my interactions with him is that he was always honnest in his replies instead of giving a bs answer that could mean 5 diffrent things

I agree. Neverdie is on almost every day, takes lots of questions, seems to answer them directly.

Ahh NeverDie… ;)

To be honest, i used to fucking hate Rocktropia and thought Neverdie was an idiot for what he was doing in EU. But this was all before I gave Rocktropia an honest try. I just blasted it from Calypso and bashed on it till no tomorrow without actually seeing what it is all about. Today, my thought has completely changed. ND is constantly trying to improve his planet, offers fun events and is one among his players and community. He says hello, answers questions the best he can, and listens to recommendations/critique. I wish him all the best and I am waiting until the market is strong enough there to shift gears for a while and move to RT.

I am pretty sure i am in charge.....although then again i get told that i am told so i believe it....but the reality is i am not.....who knows.....i think i have had a lot to drink!

Rgds

Drunk ace

To be honest, i used to fucking hate Rocktropia and thought Neverdie was an idiot for what he was doing in EU. But this was all before I gave Rocktropia an honest try. I just blasted it from Calypso and bashed on it till no tomorrow without actually seeing what it is all about. Today, my thought has completely changed. ND is constantly trying to improve his planet, offers fun events and is one among his players and community. He says hello, answers questions the best he can, and listens to recommendations/critique. I wish him all the best and I am waiting until the market is strong enough there to shift gears for a while and move to RT.

Unless a few high placed MA ppl (who have influence) pull their head out of their asses we will never see a strong market.. the fundamentals for building an economic envirement are just wrong..
Trying to get some attention from the ones in charge but aslong as their bankaccount get's filled I guess they don't give a shit.

If you do give a fuck, feel free to leave a reply here & I just might give you some free hints on how it should be done.
Untill then, have fun counting all the money you made from ppl who actually believed in the system

I don't hate neverdie, but I dislike RT, I think it's most fkd up planet. Yeah maybe he listens to people too much and add things that they like, but that makes the planet like mix of all bullshit that is trying to be "cool". It's concept is really bad and it makes no sense. Mix of dragons/hoes/motorhead mobs/zombies/sharks and king kongs that are dropping bananas, records and cocktails, it's just disgusting. All other planets have some concept and they are trying to stick to it. But I'm getting off topic sorry:)

8 weeks w/o a def bump...

One thought I've had would be if explosive did drop, from smaller creature in small amounts, to allow occasional uses of wapons like the "puny" skildek or NGL-1 to allow for lesser level initial skilling.

We have Universal Ammo for that now.

The 'We don't need a working economy' bump

Last BUMP b4I start to sell off my gear becouse...
IF YOU DON'T CARE, NEITHER DO I.. (yes, I know you like shiny dollars :laugh:, doesn't mean some players shouldn't be able to make some while giving you an income)

TY MA..
I logged in after 2 months, checked hoflist, checked total skills :p
Then checked auction for mu's
cya next month!

Check attributes next time. It is attributes MA is stealing sometimes from avatar not skils itself ( bugs I guess)

It has happened you have lost skills gained previous session, if the server goes down unexpectedly or you relog at a bad moment.

In the old days you typically noted it when you have gained the same professional increase (eg gotten to laser sniper hit level 30) first on Monday and then on Wednesday. Compare to the times it has happened you find yourself wearing another armor than when you had logged out, a mappked key on the keyboard maps to a weapon you now have in storage or when you logged in you're 500m west of where you logged out.

Back