Webshop Holiday Special Offers

Yep looks like MA is competing directly with players now... this should be illegal

Nice to see MA competing against the crafters, they'll be stopping the booster BPs dropping so they can sell more direct from the webshop; this shit is getting bad.

Slither is right :wise:

These pills, pet name tags, etc should be produced by players and not MindArk.

Is it just me or can I only buy just 10 at the time?

yea I hate that!
I had to do 14 paypal transactions for amo and pills!!!
Maybe I can offer MA a " cart script" for Christmas

Yep looks like MA is competing directly with players now... this should be illegal

I am no crafter for these nor supplier for materials to make nanobots so my opinion is very different. These buffs worth to use even in normal hunt (which i will do), 100+ peds for 1 hour of 10% attack speed is just ridiculous

I am no crafter for these nor supplier for materials to make nanobots so my opinion is very different. These buffs worth to use even in normal hunt (which i will do), 100+ peds for 1 hour of 10% attack speed is just ridiculous

Agree, just insane.. Some assholes Jack up the price when the CORE event was up to 150-175 ped/hour.. So for me as a hunter i love it... And i Will use it all year around.. Stocked up now.

Shame that ppl took it to far in terms of reselling othervise i would buy from crafters but MA is moder of all so she saved My ped card.
Took me to a Avg of 280 points hour in cat 3
Happy holidays...

This Mayhem is not a regular competition anymore, its about being wealthiest. Sure it always has - considering good gear is better for winning. But this buff business is just aimed to richer players, and not newcommers that work hard with sweating etc. imho. I mean 10$ / 5h means = an extra 80$ fee for the 40h completion.
Good move for MA to get extra money, but bad for normal competition, and the crafters.

I know many that has quit other games (mmo's in particular) because they are normal players that cant compete to webshopping perks, instead of hardworking ingame perks.

This Mayhem is not a regular competition anymore, its about being wealthiest. Sure it always has - considering good gear is better for winning. But this buff business is just aimed to richer players, and not newcommers that work hard with sweating etc. imho. I mean 10$ / 5h means = an extra 80$ fee for the 40h completion.
Good move for MA to get extra money, but bad for normal competition, and the crafters.

I know many that has quit other games (mmo's in particular) because they are normal players that cant compete to webshopping perks, instead of hardworking ingame perks.

Well i agree but i rather pay MA small fee then reseller huge fee.. Either way i have to use them ciz all other use them aswell.
If all buffs was disable then okey but now all use.

Dont like this also , if they want add these stuff make them craftable

Well i agree but i rather pay MA small fee then reseller huge fee.. Either way i have to use them ciz all other use them aswell.
If all buffs was disable then okey but now all use.

Do you not understand that if MA dropped more bps/materials there wouldn't be huge prices for nanobots?

Nanobots were not expensive due to resellers, they were expensive 'cause of MA. They make a situation were something is expensive and then you think it's good when they offer you a 'cheap' alternative. Looks like MA just landed another fish.

Is this the moment when EU officially became pay-to-win?

lolwut?

That moment was 2003 when it switched over to Gold.

It would be interesting to see the amount of players participating in the MM, per year...

I bet if MA gave every person 150% TT returns people would still bitch about it .....

Has anyone else bought stuff from the web-shop and not had them delivered?

i get the popup window for depo amount etc but just not the items bought
several times!!

I don't like this twist of supplying best/better stuff only through payment in webshop and not in game through whatever in-game economy mechanism.

several times!!

I've seen some complaints regarding delayed transactions so you are most likely not alone. First step would be a relogging which you most likely have done and then a support case. Hope it works out for you.

Do you not understand that if MA dropped more bps/materials there wouldn't be huge prices for nanobots?

Nanobots were not expensive due to resellers, they were expensive 'cause of MA. They make a situation were something is expensive and then you think it's good when they offer you a 'cheap' alternative. Looks like MA just landed another fish.

Well i think u dont understand ... IF that bp was dropped alot then crafter wouldent make money and i also Said resellers not crafters.
About hooked a fish ... Ofc cuz MA saved me some peds , now they find a way to take ot away from me.
U mad bro? Stocked on nano?
Shame IF thats the case...
Great job MA. To fuck resellers OR gready crafters...

Well i think u dont understand ... IF that bp was dropped alot then crafter wouldent make money and i also Said resellers not crafters.
About hooked a fish ... Ofc cuz MA saved me some peds , now they find a way to take ot away from me.
U mad bro? Stocked on nano?
Shame IF thats the case...
Great job MA. To fuck resellers OR gready crafters...

I didn't say flood the market, I said drop more. If balanced correctly the crafters could sell for half the price MA do in webshop. Crafters would make small profit, hunters would get fair priced nanobots, they'd be little margin for resellers, and MA would get far more hunters burning peds 10% faster.

As for my stock of nanobots, I sold them a while back :) And I have plenty powerups from core/halloween, mainly from last year 'cause the drop rate this year was crap, probably 'cause MA needed people to buy their $5 pills.

I didn't say flood the market, I said drop more. If balanced correctly the crafters could sell for half the price MA do in webshop. Crafters would make small profit, hunters would get fair priced nanobots, they'd be little margin for resellers, and MA would get far more hunters burning peds 10% faster.

As for my stock of nanobots, I sold them a while back :) And I have plenty powerups from core/halloween, mainly from last year 'cause the drop rate this year was crap, probably 'cause MA needed people to buy their $5 pills.

Well then i agree with,,, but as u know this game have been fucked from auction manuplation to reseller that bulk on it then let stuff out little by little...
I as a hunter stopped sell to auction buy out OR resellers on the street due this. Been here same time as u.. Seen all the nerf seen all the bs... But blame MA about this is not right.. Man i spent 20% of My CORE event budget on does nano... Thx to greedy resellers and crafters... Now they gonna rethink before they do that again.

BEFORE we add more crap to the store, lets FIX THE LAG in Merry Mayhem!!! :wise:

if there is no personal loot pool then there is only gambling left.

Is a football game (or other sports) a gambling event ?

In some sence there is some luck present but most people would agree that it a gaming event for those who participate in it (and can influence the outcome)

gambling would happen if a 3rd party which doesn't influence the outcome is trying to get gains from bets on such event, for example making sports bets,

or, more general, making bets on other random events that you don't have a significative influence into the result (beting on a roulette game for example you control only the bet, not the outcome, if the odds are set against you then in the long run if not done for entertainment (for which value is subjective) it is certainly a loosing endeavour)

So in my opinion what MA tried to clarify was
the myth
"that no matter what you did in the long run there was a system in place to get you back some expectable return", arround 90% on most posts was mentioned

In my humble opinion, MA thought it wasn't fair that new players were being mislead by this myth, which although in the short run would benefit them (players would spend and lose) in the long run it would be very bad, so they made the correct decision of trying to clarify it.

In nowhere did MA say that they don't have personal extensive logs (maybe not as good as some people would expect) of what activities you did and that they aren't used to determine the loot which will be returned

Maybe you can still call it gambling because MA doesn't teach us how the system works and it is all done by guess which is prone to lot of false assumptions,

I call it gaming since I believe there are a few factors that can be controled by the players.
(Just don't expect to get rich from playing this game, or even to play for free, MA is not a charity, it's a company looking to make profit)

Therefore if you enjoy the game please try to contribute to the maintenance of it (nothing prevents somebody to get some profit while doing so).
That is what I try to do when I have some time available.

BEFORE we add more crap to the store, lets FIX THE LAG in Merry Mayhem!!! :wise:

It wouldn't be MM now without huge amounts of lag and people complaining they can't enter the instance ;)

Just to clear up some apparent confusion and misunderstandings related to the Personal Lootpool portion of Developer Notes #2-- Entropia Universe has never had any kind of so called personal lootpool mechanic.

It seems some participants have incorrectly interpreted the developer note article to mean that personal lootpools or some other sort of loot tracking / avatar compensation mechanic existed in the past and was later removed. This is not the case.

The fundamental loot architecture in Entropia Universe has been unchanged since public beta. Of course, minor tweaks and adjustments have been made over the years to improve balancing and to accomdate new game systems, but the basic underlying concept is the same as ever.

From that I'd say the 90% return comes from a random loot events that eventually results in the average of 90% and the longer you play the more likely you are to achieve it. Best thing I can say is over the years they've just extended the time it takes.

Flip a coin twice and you may get 2 heads or 2 tails, flip it for long enough and you get 49% / 51% (due to the human factor) http://www.bermanpost.com/2009/08/coin-flip-odds-actually-51-49-not-50-50.html

Shorter the run the more volatile the return and this is getting completely off topic.

Last edited:
Another EPIC GAIL from Mind Ark

Moderator: please delete the off topic rambling from the post above. Loot pool theories can be discussed somewhere else.

several times!!

Some people can buy the new improved boosters, and some people cannot.

MA released another new feature with NO TESTING! This is no surprise but this time they did it during the biggest event of the year and are ruining Mayhem. The have decided to give some group of people a clearly unfair advantage.

They need to fix this now or STOP MAYHEM until it is fixed. This is an event where the tiniest difference can change the outcome. The positive or negative impact of the Webshop in general is debatable. But there is no question they have yet again irresponsibly screwed their own customers because they don't understand the fundamentals of product testing.

Many of us have already submitted multiple support cases. We have gotten no response. I look forward to Mayhem all year and they are griefing my gaming experience. Someone should temporarily ban Mind Ark for griefing and threaten to close their account of they do it again!

Peace,
JKP

only MA could have a shop with a return %age :laugh:

dang, they are messed up.. like you said above though - no big surprise from MA
but it is a shame they didn't add these a week ago or so.

I know they will be a big help for serious competition in MM - but IMO they aren't worth it for much else. (because of cost / how long they last)

sucks.

other side of the coin - I like additions to the webshop - and holiday bonuses (even not exciting) are what I hoped for this service. It's something I see from other MMOs and really appreciate. With so much money spent in this game it's nice to be able to get some extras or specials once and awhile.

Back