Choosing a planet

kifla1993

Hi i am new and currently downloading the game so i am trying to choose a planet. Now as far as I understood the one with highest population is Calypso but it's also the oldest so i'm wondering how much it affects me that it's that old and should I chose a newer one over the planet with higher population? Also wondering if latency(ping) will vary for planets, i am european.

Calypso.

Most people, will be easy for you to find people to help you out.

All planets run on the same cluster so there's no difference in latency. The universe is unified so you can freely chat and travel across it, planets aren't like "shards" in some other games.

Starting on a newer planet doesn't give any advantages to a new player, while on the most populated does.

Welcome to the game . I would start on Calypso.

Couple of tips for you ,
get a good mentor someone that knows the game well
dont take your stackable loot into space unless you want to lose it to a pie rat or are on a decent mothership.
Read and learn all you can about this game.

Calypso and Arkadia are both good choices, both have a decent community.

Depends abit on how U aim to start out.

Currently I would prolly start on Arkadia less ppl but more fun. And with the new quest line im guessing sweat prices will be abit higher.
Might be abit trickier to sell stuff quick so might demand some more patience spec during MM.

What i know about the game i Think Arkadia is the best planet to start on just now.

Choose Earth - is cheaper and has better opportunities.

Now... if I'm not mistaken, Arkadia starter missions (or at least the new ones, could not check yet) are available now only for Arkadia born avas (please someone correct if mistaken). It used to be the best planet to start.

On Calypso, now you'll have a hefty amount of free ammo (universal, bound to ava) doing starter missions, in Gateway (Thule), Camp Icarus and the motherlode of all, now neglected at least as related to quick direct access for newbies, Halfbay Moon - N of Cape Corinth. Port Atlantis also have some.

Calypso is probably the best planet to start on because it's well developed and you'll have a decent player base to interact with.

In my humble opinion Arkadia is the worst planet to start on because the developers are not nice people. I'm speaking from my own personal experience there. Arkadia forum staff are the worst I encountered who can and will ban you for no reason whatsoever (I'm living proof of that, to date no reason has been given). The player base there aren't any different either because they keep harassing me even on this forum just for voicing my opinion.

Oh i thought planets were like server didn't realize it was just a starting location in the game. Thank you all for the replies, this makes the decision a lot easier and thank you for the warning about arkadia, guess i will start on calypso then.

Last edited:
I find the Arkadia devs and forum staff the most friendly and responsive to any problems or issues that arise. They communicate regularly with their player base, which I have not experienced on any other planet and people on Arkadia are super helpful and friendly. They have some great stuff for people who are just starting out. There are plenty of Europeans on Ark too ;)

I would do some research, maybe check out the forums for different planets, see what each planet has to offer and go with what suits you best.

Last edited:
Calypso is probably the best planet to start on because it's well developed and you'll have a decent player base to interact with.

In my humble opinion Arkadia is the worst planet to start on because the developers are not nice people. I'm speaking from my own personal experience there. Arkadia forum staff are the worst I encountered who can and will ban you for no reason whatsoever (I'm living proof of that, to date no reason has been given). The player base there aren't any different either because they keep harassing me even on this forum just for voicing my opinion.

Well, maybe they aren't nice to you because you have been acting like a twat towards them :wise:

....just saying :twocents:

If you are not going to deposit then Rocktropia or arkadia are the best choices because of the queuless oilrigs and beer garden.

Calypso is the largest and most developed planet, and I believe the population is generally larger. That is probably a good reason to start there. But I certainly recommend a lot of reading, and finding a good mentor, in order to start the game properly.

did someone say bias?

Choose Arkadia, if something goes wrong you can actually talk to the developers and get a response and help, compared to other development teams.

Calypso for starters any day. Arkadia as a planet is good but without a big enough community and market, it can be difficult to work things out for a beginner. Once you have understood the game better, you will be able to decide for yourself which planet you would like to move to.

Welcome to Entropia Universe :)

If I had to start again, I'd start on Arkadia but travel to Calypso after 4...6 weeks.

Some considerations, in no particular order:
  • Calypso is bigger and there's more to explore, yet Arkadia is much easier to explore without a flying vehicle
  • choices for low-level hunting are now somewhat better on Arkadia (this is a recent change)
  • street market in hunting loot more or less sucks everywhere
  • street market in mining loot is certainly better on Calypso (thanks to Arvin)
  • there's somewhat less drama / fewer commies and justice warriors on Arkadia

There are other advantages and downsides to every planet. It's not all black and white. :)

Monria!

Small and the puny mobs are super easy. There is daily sweat circles and the players found there are generally helpful and fun. You will also get the chance to visit calypso for free.

Back