Question: I have a question about what it takes to Max an (L) weapon.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann

He are my levels in laser hit and damage and X/10 for both on a LC-340.

The min level for both hit and damage is 75 for the weapon. As you can see I have 86 damage and 79 hit but only 9/10 and 9.2/10 on the weapon (Note: the 9.2 is on Hit which is my lower level). I would have thought that it would be closer to 9.8/10 and 10/10. The reason is most all of the time in EP when looking at the requirements for a weapon the MAX is 5 or 6 levels above the MIN. I am 11 levels above the damage and only 1 level below on hit. Just wondering ? Also I did notice on this weapon in EP it does not say what the MAX level is. Maybe that is just how it is but I would have thought there would have been some type of standard being X number of levels about the MIN. One other thing I may be a bit confused as I also see that I am at 51/102 on damage so I may just not understand the other 2, hit and crit hit.
TIA for the help.

It's always seemed to me that unless you reached the max for both Hit and Dmg, the x/10 stats don't seem to max, regardless if you have on maxed. I think its because crit is based on Hit. Your dmg is maxed as it should be.

It's always seemed to me that unless you reached the max for both Hit and Dmg, the x/10 stats don't seem to max, regardless if you have on maxed. I think its because crit is based on Hit. Your dmg is maxed as it should be.

I have been close to max on others and it seemed like I was further along than 9.2. I also remember that I would be around 9.8 or 9.9 when I did get the "Not anymore" on SIB so even though I was maxed I still was not 10/10 but this time it just seems to go up 6 or 7 points for one level (79 to 80) is a lot. Anyway that may just be the case and maybe this weapon doesn't max until level 81 or 82.
Thanks for the reply.

it will prob max at 81

To max the SIB on an item, most require 5 levels above the start of the SIB, some only require 3 levels, and others require 5.4 or 5.6. It's important to know that your Hit and Damage levels are both different professions which is why you have it maxed for one, but not the other.

HA and CHA are both based off of the hit profession :wise:

Recomended L75 for both hit and dmg,
Your 86dmg is maxed and shown with the 51-102/51-102 in the damage section.

Your Hit is Not maxed, and if it is 5 lvls for that gun (which it looks like) Then you will be maxed on it at L80. HA and CHA use different formulas but should max at the same time.

However..... Once maxed on hit you will still need probably 1 more level before you are maxed on attacks per minute.

My guess is you will be maxed HA and CHA at 80, and maxed attacks per minute at 81.

To max the SIB on an item, most require 5 levels above the start of the SIB, some only require 3 levels, and others require 5.4 or 5.6. It's important to know that your Hit and Damage levels are both different professions which is why you have it maxed for one, but not the other.

Silly Max, I know that:yay: I am just saying that I thought that being that close, i.e. 79 and thinking the weapon is maxed at 80, I would have been higher than 9/10. It would make more sense if the max is actually 81 and not 80 as I supposed.

Assuming SIB Start = 75 and SIB end = 80 and your level 79 i would have assumed a HA of 8.8 according to
this post:

Thanks all, I have used data reported in this thread to confirm the new HA formula for nonSIB

HA=4.0+0.06*L

Where L is between 0 and 100

Extrapolating to incorporate SIB

If L<SIB_start, HA=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, HA=10.0
Else HA=4.0+6*(L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start)

Critical Hits for nonSIB
CH=sqrt(L)

Extrapolate to SIB
If L<SIB_start, CH=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, CH=10.0
Else CH=10*sqrt((L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start))

I will run some tests to find out what the new HA values imply (i don't need tracker)

The formula fits in when SIB end is ~79,6. So maybe it maxes a tad earlier than 80 ? Keep us updated at which level you reach 10.0 HA, because either the formula does not fit or HA 10 is not @ lvl 80 hit.

Will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Back