Help: Just a little confused about the team in MM.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
Once again I am not sure about something and need help. In looking at highs in EL I see that an individual player gets credit for a T,4. How does that work. I would have though it would have the team name and not the player. As you can tell I have never been in a team.

TIA for the help.

I think you only need to be in team to enter. Once inside you can disband the team and play solo.

I think you only need to be in team to enter. Once inside you can disband the team and play solo.

why would you do that? why not just enter the solo mission?

Trying to place high in Team but as a Solo player... that way you don't owe anything to anybody else :laugh:

You can only gain points in your own category your registered with. Person with Cat 3 team keys can't gain points for kills in a Cat 4 team.

If others in your team are in same category they can get points also, points are given to the player not to the team name as no-one owns a team name. Pretty sure it is done this way because MA has to award to someone the items and everyone in the team is not going to get one of those items it is just 1 of each for whole team not each person in team.

You have to plan your team accordingly, hence the term team. The whole team is competing for those prizes so you have to organize a tank, support, healers etc. and that tank which should out DPS all others in team should get the points and be trusted enough that when he gets the items from winning he will share the items or at least the ped value of the items won with the team members.

If you don't trust your team leader like that well then your not really part of a team so to say.

However solo has different rules which I think are f*cked up rules but MA has them written that way and allows all kinds of crappy unfairness workarounds for points but oh well that's the way MA roles I guess.

You can only gain points in your own category your registered with. Person with Cat 3 team keys can't gain points for kills in a Cat 4 team.

If others in your team are in same category they can get points also, points are given to the player not to the team name as no-one owns a team name. Pretty sure it is done this way because MA has to award to someone the items and everyone in the team is not going to get one of those items it is just 1 of each for whole team not each person in team.

You have to plan your team accordingly, hence the term team. The whole team is competing for those prizes so you have to organize a tank, support, healers etc. and that tank which should out DPS all others in team should get the points and be trusted enough that when he gets the items from winning he will share the items or at least the ped value of the items won with the team members.

If you don't trust your team leader like that well then your not really part of a team so to say.

However solo has different rules which I think are f*cked up rules but MA has them written that way and allows all kinds of crappy unfairness workarounds for points but oh well that's the way MA roles I guess.

Not disputing you at all but I am wondering how you could do an unfair work around ?

Sorry I am still not sure how it all works. What seems to have been said is that one player gets the points and the items and that is the player with the highest damage. Is that correct ?

As Rave already said and...

Because in Cat 5 especially there are probably more prizes than there are teams (or people to make teams) so if someone has time they can do both and quite possibly win a team prize even by going in solo.

As for how the teams work it's the highest damage that wins the points and will be named as the winner of the prizes. That is how, in the team results, some very low scores are listed as they gained those by out damaging their main shooter and taking the points.

Look at last years results and the score differences for the Team cats it will explain both reasons above: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...013-Results-Teams&highlight=merry+mayhem+2013

Last edited:
Wow :eyecrazy:
So basically in every cat some prizes went to people that werent even really competing?

EDIT:
on looking again a couple may have made a little effort but most look like they just won a door prize for showing up,grats to them :laugh:

And some effort is needed to complete the time too ofc :D

True,still surprising though.

Is it though? Only the top 2, maybe top 3 spots have a decent prize. Then you have to consider for team you are going to be cycling 5x+ the amount of ammo and decay to win. There just isnt going to be more than a handful of teams willing to risk a huge loss for such small prizes.

Also consider that most of those in the top 10 going solo are going pretty much full on for the whole 30/40 hours. Its not like they walked into the instance and killed a few mobs and won a prize.

Is it though? Only the top 2, maybe top 3 spots have a decent prize. Then you have to consider for team you are going to be cycling 5x+ the amount of ammo and decay to win. There just isnt going to be more than a handful of teams willing to risk a huge loss for such small prizes.

Also consider that most of those in the top 10 going solo are going pretty much full on for the whole 30/40 hours.

All this makes sense......a lot of last years prizes werent great with (L) amps etc...but even the basic hedoc mayhem is worth close to 2k and not bad for a pat on the back.

Its not like they walked into the instance and killed a few mobs and won a prize.

But in this part it almost looks like that is exactly what happened for some.

Some of the 'normalised' scores are under 500pts-So if I understand how the scoring works-(Take your average hourly score and multiply by 40 gives your 'normalised' score.)
Now if I'm helping a friend Team in the same Team level that I would normally be competing at then all I have to do is turn around and pop a couple mobs for myself every couple minutes.I'll get the 40hrs because of being in there helping a friend and to beat a normalised score of 500 all I have to do is 12.5pts an hour.

Am i understanding this right or have I got it all arse about as usual?

EDIT:
Yes those already doing 40hrs for a prize will likely focus on that but how many people knew that all they had to do for a Hedoc mayhem and a CLD was turn up and average 12mobs an hour?
Will the same opportunity go to waste this year?

Last edited:
I think I am beginning to understand a little better.

Another question: I have seen big loots in T class and I am just wondering if the team mobs are harder, like high level and more hit points ?

I think I am beginning to understand a little better.

Another question: I have seen big loots in T class and I am just wondering if the team mobs are harder, like high level and more hit points ?

yep. s2 kerb is less lvl than t2 kerb

Back