Question: This is not a suitable place to spawn a vehicle.

giuly_adm

Elite
Society
Synergen
Giuliano adm Noooo
If you are tired of getting this message say "I want to spawn my vehicle!" :yup:

I want to spawn my vehicle!

Giuliano

List of EU members who "want to spawn their own vehicles!"

Giuliano adm Noooo
Tar'quin soLO Solenson
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Axel Foley Head
Judy Jetsina Summers
Max HardWrath Mayhem
Scurvy Sityl
Dave Ace Flyster
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
John Teacher Capital
Jason Maximus Landon

Last edited:

and MY PET IN CP DOMES!!!!

Yes it is tiring. Not using the system cursor at least shows a red or green thingie when hovering over a pos with the mouse, so you know it will fail or not over there.

Yes it is tiring. Not using the system cursor at least shows a red or green thingie when hovering over a pos with the mouse, so you know it will fail or not over there.

Come on say it :poke:

Especially inside MS hangars where it can be a real pain to spawn a quad.

...without having to try 100 times :rolleyes:

.... without having to look for 'uneven' ground first. I mean c'mon, how can the ground be too flat??!

It's really not an issue if you use the cursor. It usually only takes me a few seconds to find the sweet spot with the cursor.

spawn_car.jpg

I presume there are limits. :xwink:

The trick is to find the sweet spot between the 3 blades of grass, 2 pebbles, and small pile of sand that built up from the sneeze of a butterfly 5 miles away.

It usually only takes me a few seconds to find the sweet spot with the cursor.

except when every spot on the cursor is a little red X (including the delay between the time the green arrow turns into a little red X) and then your 'cursor' turns into something like this

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

It's really not an issue if you use the cursor. It usually only takes me a few seconds to find the sweet spot with the cursor.

That is the issue. You shouldn't have to find a sweet spot.

I'd say be carefull what you wish for.

They might nerv it to only being able to spawn the vehicle on specialy designed vehicle pads. Which ofcourse are only at a TP, making it impossible to spawn them while hunting/mining.
I vote no since i don't have any problems with the current system

Hmm,

Depends what vehicle you want to spawn. They are all different. The sleipnir, hoverpod and variants of the Valkyrie will spawn almost everywhere. The quad is a bit more tricky to spawn and the Lancer basically will not spawn on anything except a flat surface.

I do not mind any of this as each vehicle has different characteristics, for example the Lancer has the most panoramic and clear inside vehicle view which makes it perfect for flying over mob spawns. You can however land it on most flat areas (even where you could not spawn it) and take off again. Beware if you land it on an angle it will fall over then you have to pick it up and find perfectly flat ground.

In respect of all flying vehicles Sliep, Quad, lancer and choppers, it appears they cannot be spawned where there is a direct overhead obstruction such as the very tall trees at Osere. Personally I love the hoverpod, you can spawn it virtually anywhere and it will go anywhere including over water although they nerfed the abilty to let it sink and enter it underwater where it could fly above the surface of the river or sea bottom.

I think it adds more realsim to the game and once you accept the limits of spawning each vehicle then you know what will or will not work.

I always manage to spawn a vehicle.

I always manage to spawn a vehicle.

Great, if we all cycle thru 15 vehicles trying to spawn it, we all can do it too.

The problem lies mostly with the Quad, the vehicle most people try to spawn. When I am on flat ground and it tells me it is not suitable 15 times in a row, it gets quite aggravating.

I WANT TO SPAWN MY VEHICLE!

I am sick of having this conversation with myself every day:

"Holy shit! This place IS totally fucking suitable...I am the one standing right here! It is me looking at it! It is perfectly fucking suitable!!! It is the most suitable spot for miles! WTF is wrong with you stupid game??? I am a pretty good judge of what is suitable, and this is fucking SUITABLE! WTF! Spawn you fucking lop of shit....SPAWN!!!"

i sign this petition

Not using the system cursor at least shows a red or green thingie when hovering over a pos with the mouse, so you know it will fail or not over there.

This: Option -> HUD -> Use System Cursor (3rd 1 down)
UNcheck this. Helps a lot

However:

I am sick of having this conversation with myself every day:

"Holy shit! This place IS totally fucking suitable...I am the one standing right here! It is me looking at it! It is perfectly fucking suitable!!! It is the most suitable spot for miles! WTF is wrong with you stupid game??? I am a pretty good judge of what is suitable, and this is fucking SUITABLE! WTF! Spawn you fucking lop of shit....SPAWN!!!"

I've had so many versions of this conversation with myself I'm surprised my family hasn't locked me up.:ahh:

It is bloody frustrating that I am unable to spawn my vehicles in slightly uneven turrain or too close to an object. The biggest culprits are the QUAD, VTOL, etc. They have such a huge spawn area you can hardly spawn them on landing platforms! Yet the Dragonfly helicopter can be spawned just about anywhere.
I support this thread. Please fix the spawn area to a minimum. If I want to spawn my QUAD on some uneven grass, I bloody well should be able to.

I want to be able to spawn my vehicle...before getting swarmed by the ninja spawned mobs aggro'n towards me. Too late, I'm dead. But, wait it did spawn! I guess I'll recall it and hope there's a storage at the outpost.

Yeah, this really sucks. It is horrible with a Quad.

The funny thing is they have these landing pads on Caly/Cyrene and Arkadia and trying to spawn them on these is hard. Is it that hard to reduce the footprint of these vehicles? Maybe a Calypso Dev would like to comment?

Back