Question: Skildek Vaporizer - mistake or just stupidity?!

cool, didn't even know there was such a weapon. I'll try to buy one and check out pvp for maybe the first time ever. :)

Regards
Thark

I guess you say it right.. there was such a weapon. The trader who sells them is empty.. Gust bought 'em all.

More high power low level heavy decay etc in the hands of masses of noobs is good business for MA, more fun for noobs and bigger loot pool contributions for all. better business than fewer uber gear and limited workers to use them ;)

Soon as i get some decent shares in MA, that man and the man voting to replace all the ubers with cheaper workhorses gets my vote....oh hang on.....hmmmmmm

It's business, it's life, sink, swim or get a sub.........(L) ;)

Just like Akon said,

You are obsolutely wrong to believe that invest money on any item makes you any different than anyone else and believe that a special treatment OR a way tosecure your investment be given .. youre dead wrong :yup:
Deposit into the game does not grant you anything but more possibility in this rce.. a HoF wont be granted from the system to you. That special you. cause you did put cash in.. thats dumb.
Because you paid an item for xxk ped does not mean the designer cant add more of that item. New items also. Look back.. people owning different stuff adapt when sib came out and they still do each time a rebalance occurs.. when felis came out ppl bought and used em. Though at the time it was far greater than anything else. When rockets first came out 1 shot kill were common and still is.
Y'all need to stop believing that cash you invested makes you above.. its nothing more than a choice of yours and you feed MA staff. Your risk and if you still cant materialize that thought in your brain after all the time spent ingame i feel sorry for you.

Well I think both of you guys have cleared it up for me and thanks for leading me to a realization.

*Theres no reason to invest in PK gear

*No reason to skill; for HP for PK reasons, or skill to use nice gear.

*No reason Tier; to buy something and take time and PED to tier it up to give you an advantage over others in PK.

*So no reason for others to invest; and do the same ethier so that they can become a match for you.

I guess MA has made it clear and I failed to see. 'If you invest in this stuff or take this action its your own ignorance, why are you pumping money into our game?'

All that have items for Pk there laughing at us pretty hard right now. :lolup::wtg::laugh:

Great development strategy guys!

Great to know all those who invested in this game and worked hard to become *PK* = Player King, are all just the village idiots. The ones who have put little into this game are blowing them away and looting them with a 500 PED deposit ^^

Omg you right! Now go and real all Isma posts and you gonna see that he got all things he did ask - no radar, change on team tags and so... Now he asking new sword with low lvl and 500 damage. Lets see how long it will take him to get what he want! In that time others skilling hard to use high lvl weapons that cost a lot and cant do so good!

You even dont max it. Ubah! :laugh: But still can kill anyone you like! For sure good gun!

+REP@Akons post.
Just remember that MindArk is a company and their goals are different as yours. You are, like all of us a client.
They will implement more changes that not everyone may like. But from their view it's better for the game to survive for the future.
That they implemented Isma's idea makes sense if you think about it.
In this case we probably will never have the same opinion. So i guess i will stop trying to make you understand.

I just wonder what you will do if the Vaporizer stays.

Last edited:
Just like Akon said,

Well I think both of you guys have cleared it up for me and thanks for leading me to a realization.

*Theres no reason to invest in PK gear

Green Dots unlike MA mob have the ability to alter their stats, meaning you cant take the same prepping approach to PK as you would to hunting or other professions where there are more constants.

*No reason to skill; for HP for PK reasons, or skill to use nice gear.

Fortunately HP and other skilling helps in other parts of EU as well. Very few JUST PK and nothing else in EU. Even i have my ava has killed a few (very few) regular mob here and there.

*No reason Tier; to buy something and take time and PED to tier it up to give you an advantage over others in PK.

Set youre base up with UL gear for regular hunting and other professions. But unless you can afford the RISK, youre nuts to invest big money into UL gear strictly PK, especially when you KNOW how often game changes, and new L stuff comes into this game not just in weapons, but plates, armor etc. The fact that you complain to me says you thought long and hard before making those purchases and failed to understand how often new L gear enters the market and how that can affect your UL purchases. It also seems you gambled with more than you could afford to loose, which is NEVER a good start to an investment ^^

*So no reason for others to invest; and do the same ethier so that they can become a match for you.

Invest when you know you can afford that RISK of those items becoming inferior. Personally i think UL for regular hunting as an investment is a MUCH safer choice. NOT for strictly PK.

I guess MA has made it clear and I failed to see. 'If you invest in this stuff or take this action its your own ignorance, why are you pumping money into our game?'

Maybe because many that do invest have actually thought it through for their profession and or CAN afford to risk their investment. Id try to cheer you up cause i can, but this defeatist attitude of yours makes me want to go shoot something ^^

All that have items for Pk there laughing at us pretty hard right now. :lolup::wtg::laugh:
Great development strategy guys!

[/QUOTE]

No need to cry and trash the place....who's perfect ?
PS: THis is prolly a good a place as any to say Daisy is officially quitting pirating. yes right before the big changes which will more than likely bring better pirating opportunities :)

Great to know all those who invested in this game and worked hard to become *PK* = Player King, are all just the village idiots. The ones who have put little into this game are blowing them away and looting them with a 500 PED deposit ^^

A few bad choices here and there is not big thing, unless ofc you werent actually able to sustain the risk in the first place. For that you really cant blame a game which we all know moves in this way since it began.

Last edited:
Thanks Dasiy all great advice, and thank you for helping me point out what ive learned from all of this.

Investing in PK is crazy,

And purchaseing UL gear so that you can tier it out and PK often with less cost
Is insane
**Because (L) items with Dmg Enhancers burn up fast

Anyone who only goes for (L) items has no big ambition to PVP alot, or they dont mind the MU and do. UL would grant you a no MU option and repair option also increase in value per tier. But unnecessary if when it really counts to have you cant even get close enough to use it, or have a real fight and fap situation. So value lost.

And one of the main PVP goals in game, PVP4 where once you get the HP and skills and gear is worth going to, so that you may win yourself a bit of a prize when you PVP. Now can be done without any need for any of this.

I go out there and run up on someone mining, without half the gear or experience/aim ext... And the guy turns and fires in my general direction and im dead every time. PPL with high tiered DetPil SGA's usually dont get you the first shot...

Anyone who actually PK's dreams of having UL items so they can keep going and going the fact that your outlook is what it is show's me all that stuff about PVP at bottom of all you messages is a bit of a overstatement.

Btw, ive seem Daisy ColdFinger out at ethier rig or PVP4...???? Must be using a alt cause ive not seen you out there in a loooooooong time.

Leave this thread to ppl who actually PK pls :yup:

KullXP, people who dont like or can not invest in skills/tools/guns - wont understand. They want to be best while are noobs. If you see who post that vapo is right - most of them are low skilled players or players who dont do pvp at all.

KullXP, people who dont like or can not invest in skills/tools/guns - wont understand. They want to be best while are noobs. If you see who post that vapo is right - most of them are low skilled players or players who dont do pvp at all.

This is you:

"PVP = DEAD, Nobody is going to pvp4 anymore, noobs must have a fair chance to escape. Let me show video how unfair it is! Radar must be enabled so the noob can escape! Everybody must have a fair chance! Here i teach you how to use nearby! Mindark should remove the cap on pyrite!" :wise:

Vaporizer implemented... :rolleyes:

"PVP = filled with noobs, Noobs going to PVP4, Noobs cannot have a fair chance to escape. Let me explain about skills and money how unfair it is. Radar must be enabled so i can pown the noob using a long range weapon! They are noobs, they cannot have a fair chance! Omg they are TPing away cause of using nearby! There is no MU in pvp, it's not worth it to go there!" :wise:

Last edited:

...most of them are low skilled players or players who dont do pvp at all.

Is that bad?
I mean I know I don't like pvp in this game because "the interface" sucks, as in: the aiming is weird and it all feels clunky compared to "real" pvp games.

But even if I ignore that and want to do pvp in PE, then I really can't, unless I find people about my own lvl and organize something with them for fun. But I can't just enter pvp4 and play with you guys cuz I'm nowhere near your equip and skills. So basically I can't do pvp in PE. unless you count me trying to sneak in and get out with a little pyrite before anyone notices me. But that's not really pvp now is it? So what am I supposed to do? depo 10k$ and buy skills? yeah right.

So the argument that anyone not doing pvp constantly is not competent enough to talk to you about pvp and what they want out of it, doesn't make any sense. Because WE CANT pvp as it is now, it's just not fun to be killed without having a chance. So yes, we'd like to have a way to casually do pvp.

So yeah, I like that there is a gun like that, I dunno how cheap it is to use it so maybe they can balance that out but I'd really like to try some pvp action in this game without spending tens of thousands of dollars. You can understand that right? I mean you want people to have fun and experience pvp with you?

but you know, I guess I'm not allowed to talk unless I already do lots and lots of pvp...:eyecrazy:

anyway, I'll buy one of those things max, play with it until it breaks and then I'll leave you alone again anyway. It's just the perfect thing for me to try pvp again.

Regards
Me

I think WSS should abandon PVP4, let the noobs run wild and crash the market for pyrite, then we'll see how happy everyone is.

To some extent, yes.

Yes, I know it is not unlimited.

Well, let's assume we crashed pyrite. It's now close to TT. What now? (smile.jpg)

You say this as if there is something inherently wrong with being low skilled, like it diminishes their opinion. The way I see it is you can 1 shot me for 1 ped, someone like me can 1 shot you for 4+ ped (depending on whether you use 300% markup or the actual auction markup 900% or so). That seems kind of fair.

PE isn't some cash cow where you're entitled to some easy income once you reach a certain level. Sure it is a lot more possible but isn't your right. It is still a game which requires balance.

PVP here is open world and the level is uncapped. This makes for some awful situations where level 1s have to compete with level 150s. This is kind of bad game design. It needs compensating for otherwise the only people in PVP will be the 350 hp avatars. It's stagnant.

What would you advise a totally fresh player on how to get into PVP? Like slowly ease into it. There's no way. Getting to use a vaporizer is not slowly easing into it. It takes quite a chunk of initial investment. Maybe for you this is nothing but if that is true just buy a vaporizre yourself if money is no object. You have to be realistic about who gamers are.

Some skilled players are for the vapo anyway.

I think WSS should abandon PVP4, let the noobs run wild and crash the market for pyrite, then we'll see how happy everyone is.

Aaaand forgot to mention all those talks about hulks way to easy money in PVP seemingly forget that he is one of the most active hunters in game, its not often I can see him hiding mining for pyrite......last I saw him post about pyrite was to ask to remove the cap to decrease its MU so that all could use enhancers for lesser cost.

If you cant keep all your personal feelings aside and make a constructive discussion go buy vapos and keep combat tokens MU high so I can sell you some tokens really expensive ;)

:rolleyes:

<<<<< Look here to the left :yup:

Btw, ive seem Daisy ColdFinger out at ethier rig or PVP4...???? Must be using a alt cause ive not seen you out there in a loooooooong time.

Leave this thread to ppl who actually PK pls :yup:

The vaporizer is a Nice item for the game just like pulverizer was. Maybe it should also be dropped in loot instead of token trader, but it otherwise stay the same with stats so it can blast away in pvp

Is that bad?
I mean I know I don't like pvp in this game because "the interface" sucks, as in: the aiming is weird and it all feels clunky compared to "real" pvp games.

But even if I ignore that and want to do pvp in PE, then I really can't, unless I find people about my own lvl and organize something with them for fun. But I can't just enter pvp4 and play with you guys cuz I'm nowhere near your equip and skills. So basically I can't do pvp in PE. unless you count me trying to sneak in and get out with a little pyrite before anyone notices me. But that's not really pvp now is it? So what am I supposed to do? depo 10k$ and buy skills? yeah right.

So the argument that anyone not doing pvp constantly is not competent enough to talk to you about pvp and what they want out of it, doesn't make any sense. Because WE CANT pvp as it is now, it's just not fun to be killed without having a chance. So yes, we'd like to have a way to casually do pvp.

So yeah, I like that there is a gun like that, I dunno how cheap it is to use it so maybe they can balance that out but I'd really like to try some pvp action in this game without spending tens of thousands of dollars. You can understand that right? I mean you want people to have fun and experience pvp with you?

but you know, I guess I'm not allowed to talk unless I already do lots and lots of pvp...:eyecrazy:

anyway, I'll buy one of those things max, play with it until it breaks and then I'll leave you alone again anyway. It's just the perfect thing for me to try pvp again.

Regards
Me

PVP is just like hunting,

You can PVP to your skill lvl at the small rig / hunt combino, Darika, Sinkaba, Small bots, Atrax

You can depo some skill, get some gear PVP @ Big Rig / hunt Low - Mid Atrox, Feffox, Levi

You can depo a little more skill more, and gear better gear PVP @ PVP4 / Hunt Mid - Stalker Feffox, Levi, Atrox

Just like hunting you need the same rules to PVP, gear up, skill up, get the tools and you can step up.
I dont see low leveled / low gear'd, or mid leveled, mid gear'd ppl hunting these huge mobs.
And no they shouldnt have access to them untill they have played and worked there way up to have access to them. Same rules different part of game.

I know he wasnt attacking noobs just stating you need to pvp alot, invest into it tool,gear, etc. and then have people with half or none of that pop you with a vapo in a high level PVP area, that is intended for players who have worked there way to it.

Noob for PK = Someone who hasnt spent much time skilling for it or gearing for it. Not noobs in general ppl are jumping out of context and twisting things here.

Last edited:
As I mentioned earlier, had been nice if we had pvp-skills too, that are "stucked" to the avatar...

You can PVP to your skill lvl at the small rig / hunt combino, Darika, Sinkaba, Small bots, Atrax

You can depo some skill, get some gear PVP @ Big Rig / hunt Low - Mid Atrox, Feffox, Levi

You can depo a little more skill more, and gear better gear PVP @ PVP4 / Hunt Mid - Stalker Feffox, Levi, Atrox

Just like hunting you need the same rules to PVP, gear up, skill up, get the tools and you can step up.
I dont see low leveled / low gear'd, or mid leveled, mid gear'd ppl hunting these huge mobs.
And no they shouldnt have access to them untill they have played and worked there way up to have access to them. Same rules different part of game.

I know he wasnt attacking noobs just stating you need to pvp alot, invest into it tool,gear, etc. and then have people with half or none of that pop you with a vapo in a high level PVP area, that is intended for players who have worked there way to it.

Noob for PK = Someone who hasnt spent much time skilling for it or gearing for it. Not noobs in general ppl are jumping out of context and twisting things here.

I am unsure how many Vaporizer are ingame in comparison to the Pulverizer.

Last edited:
The original PVP4 had a good number of low level players pking everyday in it. Players like Jojo, Tie, Esoul, Tina, Connie, Sevvy (some now WSS), they had under 150hp, L gear, and had played under 2 years. In fact, to my memory, Liga was the only high level player who was in PVP4 everyday; hulk being middle level back then.

The vaporizer is basically a new version of the Skildek Pulverizer (L). I saw the Pulverizer used many times in PVP to one shot high level players. Pretty sure I saw star looted with it. Therefore, historically there is nothing unusual in low level players pking in PVP4, and for high level players to be one shot by them. The Pulverizer only had a recommended level of 15 and did over 600 damage.

I am unsure how many Vaporizer are ingame in comparison to the Pulverizer; maybe that needs to be balanced better, and the decay on the Vaporizer. I have to say I am somewhat undecided on whether the Pulverizer or Vaporizer should ever have existed: one shot on a 350hp avatar seems unbalanced. But, I do not think Pking in PVP4 should be the reserve of high level players, it wasn't in the past, and many of the current high level pkers got their experience from being able to pk daily in pvp4 as low level players. How to balance it and make it fair I couldn't say.

I agree that low level players should have good toys for PK but a weapon with that radius, low req and can ONESHOT any player seems to me very unbalanced. Id love the thought of half the damage and high reload and ofc costly but it seems broken that this weapon can kill all in game without aim nor skills in one shot..... I love the sib and progression and tiers and weapons for this game. Its allso possible to gether cheap armors for PK wich is great.

Its just the combination of all those things and soecifically the oneshot part I personally have an issue withand I think is unfair.

/Linz

how is me having a (L) uber rocket any less fair than you having 300+ HP, UL PvP armor & mod fap?

would a tier 10 Tango be unfair too? :dunno:

you can't say it's unfair just because it can kill you, and you don't like that...

if you and I met in PvP you'd 1-shot me (I know because that happened), but if I 1-shot you, that's unfair? why, because you think you've spent enough money to deserve not to be 1-shot killed by anything, but you should be able to 1-shot kill other people? that's fair to you? because you paid a lot to get big? maybe it's unfair if you pay enough money you become invincible? what if you had 600 HP, tier 10 Eon, tier 10 mod fap... is that fair?

I think it's plenty fair, the rockets are (L) and burn up quick!

(please don't misunderstand my intentions, not trying to take anything away from what people earned)

I know he wasnt attacking noobs just stating you need to pvp alot, invest into it tool,gear, etc. and then have people with half or none of that pop you with a vapo in a high level PVP area, that is intended for players who have worked there way to it....

first off: nice mob list xD

second:
I know he wasn't attacking noobs. If I implied that I apologize.

Also I totally 100% disagree on the hunting analogy and the part where you say pvp4 is meant for you guys and everyone else should f*** off but I'm just not gonna argue this anymore. You think you are entitled to a zone without contest, I disagree. Agree to disagree? :)

Regards
Thark

The vaporizer is a Nice item for the game just like pulverizer was. Maybe it should also be dropped in loot instead of token trader, but it otherwise stay the same with stats so it can blast away in pvp

There is one major difference from pulvirizer to vaporizer. Pulvirizer was rare. There are shitload of vaporizers.

how is me having a (L) uber rocket any less fair than you having 300+ HP, UL PvP armor & mod fap?

would a tier 10 Tango be unfair too? :dunno:

you can't say it's unfair just because it can kill you, and you don't like that...

if you and I met in PvP you'd 1-shot me (I know because that happened), but if I 1-shot you, that's unfair? why, because you think you've spent enough money to deserve not to be 1-shot killed by anything, but you should be able to 1-shot kill other people? that's fair to you? because you paid a lot to get big? maybe it's unfair if you pay enough money you become invincible? what if you had 600 HP, tier 10 Eon, tier 10 mod fap... is that fair?

I think it's plenty fair, the rockets are (L) and burn up quick!

(please don't misunderstand my intentions, not trying to take anything away from what people earned)

Vapo did that. It took away everything that people earned in last 5 years or so. Avatar skills, armors, faps, weapons, player pvp skills - all become useless because of it. Not just vapo itself, but amount of them too.

Vapo did that. It took away everything that people earned in last 5 years or so. Avatar skills, armors, faps, weapons, player pvp skills - all become useless because of it. Not just vapo itself, but amount of them too.

that's not true... all those skills and equipment you worked hard for are still plenty useful for hunting at the highest level! and you can still use your uberness to destroy those rocket toting noobs just as easy as they kill you, since they lack HP!

PvP is not the same as hunting/mining/crafting in the sense that they are essential activities for building your avatar... it's more of a recreational activity you can use those skills for, like events! You don't have to PvP or hunt in a PvP zone if you don't like it! :eyecrazy:

why don't you just get some Vapos if they are so ubundant? With your gear and HP, you have a chance to survive a hit sometimes, while most people using that weapon won't, so you have the advantage!

My complaint from the other side of the spectrum, being a far less skilled player who used to enjoy trying my hand at PvP, is the nerfing of weapon damage distribution! Everything's been made to spread the damage out over two damage types now (pen/burn, or pen/imp)... where there used to be weapons like the Isis LR series that did straight burn damage... now I can't even get through PvP armor enough to have a shot at taking out someone like you Hulk (not that I had much chance at that on my own in the first place)...

by nerfing the damage distribution, they essentially made the Ubers MORE uber!... the Vapos balance that back out a little in a sense, so just go with the flow, you didn't have a problem with the damage distribution nerf I'm guessing?! :wise:

Last edited:
Vapo did that.

For me personally it wasn't vapos that did it, it was just rockets in general with the primary culprit being the 2k SGA. So let me be the first to say, welcome to the 99% hulk :laugh:

I'm glad there is finally a rocket common enough to show ubers just how terrible pvp has gotten since the rise of the rocket.

I havent seen Vaporizers for a while ingame... are they still around??

Back