Problem with Shading

SamNinja

Dominant
Sam Ninja Titan
While running EU on high and using the most recent AMD graphics drivers under Windows 7, I'm having an issue where the ground and other objects are way overexposed and the graphics in the game aren't being shaded properly. The only thing I have turned to low are shadows, and it doesn't make a difference if that setting is set to high. Maybe this is how things are supposed to look, but a while back I was able to get the camera angle in a certain position to where it would "glitch" and go back to what looked like proper shading. Has anyone else noticed this?

While running EU on high and using the most recent AMD graphics drivers under Windows 7, I'm having an issue where the ground and other objects are way overexposed and the graphics in the game aren't being shaded properly. The only thing I have turned to low are shadows, and it doesn't make a difference if that setting is set to high. Maybe this is how things are supposed to look, but a while back I was able to get the camera angle in a certain position to where it would "glitch" and go back to what looked like proper shading. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes. Also run AMD. I run on very high. Graphics glitches were introduced a few months ago and seem to be getting a little worse with each update.

Even on Nvidia, this is still an issue. I randomly get half-shadows, incorrect shadow directions/shading, etc. But this has always kind of happened.

Here are some more pics which better shows the problem; I was able to get the camera to glitch back and forth between two different lighting conditions and took the screenshots below.

In this first pic the ground and trees are overexposed and have a neon-like effect, and my avatar and the creature is almost black:

In the next pic, the shading looks more normalized and closer to what the shading looked like when things were working right (which was over 6 months ago). However, the grass has a blurred/fuzzy effect to it.

Last edited:
have you try out clean shader cashe?

In this first pic the ground and trees are overexposed and have a neon-like effect, and my avatar and the creature is almost black:

I switched from AMD to Nvidia just about a year ago, and I typically play on fully maxed settings. I can't remember ever seeing shading like this.

I switched from AMD to Nvidia just about a year ago, and I typically play on fully maxed settings. I can't remember ever seeing shading like this.

I use AMD since more as 10 years, also don't get such issues. except EU overrun my 8gb ram.

Got the same issues with a GTX Titan every now and then

Got the same issues with a GTX Titan every now and then

seems more to be a shader coding problem, if you ask me, or not compatible with some GC.

Back