FYI: Drowning mobs at Gokibusagi wave

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
Copy of a bug report I just sent to support. Posting it here too so that people are aware of it. I would strongly recommend not hunting at the Goki wave as you'll only waste PEDs. I guess it might affect other Goki spawns too (perhaps the ones at Enyo Island as that is also a swampy area).

On 2014-12-30 18:59:04 you wrote:
Hello, I've just been hunting at the Gokibusagi Wave, (Heart of the Swamp at 55300, 62500) and found that lots of the mobs are drowning. This never used to happen in that area. I guess something went wrong with the last VU which includes the line "Fixed an issue with the Gokibusagi being hard to hit when jumping" in the release notes. It's pretty much impossible to hunt here now as the mobs die too quickly and often after I've already damaged them which is just a waste of PEDs. Can you please look into this and fix it? Thanks.

Weird, I didnt know that shared loot mobs could die of natural causes. Guess I just assumed that since they cant be turreted.

Weird, I didnt know that shared loot mobs could die of natural causes. Guess I just assumed that since they cant be turreted.

Really? Well, that just opens up a whole world of possibilities. :naughty:

Did I miss a change since the infamous turreted Hydra?

is water near the kong spawn area :lolup: ?

It won't help you to finish the waves, they respawn elsewhere so all it does it make it more difficult.

It's always nice to know which of you see something like this and immediately try to think of ways to exploit it though.

Last edited:
It won't help you to finish the waves, they respawn elsewhere so all it does it make it more difficult.
And costs more ped! ;)

Weird, I didnt know that shared loot mobs could die of natural causes.

Oh by they did, plenty. Traeskeron in waves W of Fort Victoria used to die like flies, was fixed, but few weeks ago one died on me while crawling through a really tiny shallow pool of water.

I've just finished the Goki II iron mission in the swamp area south of Odysseus Landing.

It took much longer than expected, mostly due to the speed and frequency with which Goki died from drowning, if they spawned in water and I couldn't tag them onto dry land very quickly.
Standing in water to kill them was pretty much a guarantee that they would die from drowning about one shot before they could be killed and looted :eyecrazy:
I don't recall this behaviour before the recent VU, and it certainly doesn't affect the tripudions or allophyl in the same area (or the igni/diripi/pupagi!).

they still drown, support case made.
with no other natural spawn i know of, this is the only place i know where to do them and ofc this is not doable this way.

Never even knew there was a Goki wave :ahh:

Used to shoot mine nw of medusa, on the new island, but went there the other day to find merp stalkers there to, so left the area.
Done my last Daily east of Mino, and shot just as many Atrax as Goki, and got killed once by the lurking spider stalker.

Nice to know there's a wave area, my posts a bit off topic, but hope it gets fixed soon.

not sure if this was mentioned already in this thread, but the same happens with Traeskeron wave spawn

not a shared loot, but eos foul used to have the same problem (not sure if they fixed that, but think they did)

they still drown, support case made.
with no other natural spawn i know of, this is the only place i know where to do them and ofc this is not doable this way.

There are other places but the spawns are mixed and poor.

Thanks for sending another support case. I have had no response to or action on mine since I wrote it on 30 December.

There are other places but the spawns are mixed and poor.

Thanks for sending another support case. I have had no response to or action on mine since I wrote it on 30 December.

yeah they are slow nowadays on support :mad:
I personaly hate mixed, and never found any reasonable spawn so far, maybe you know one?

yeah they are slow nowadays on support :mad:
I personaly hate mixed, and never found any reasonable spawn so far, maybe you know one?

Nope, just scattered ones around Minopolis and NW of Zychion.

Just a quick post to let any Gokibusagi hunters know that the 'Heart of the Swamp' wave event has dried out and the mobs no longer suffer from the 'drowning' issue. :)

Gokibusagi

Just a quick post to let any Gokibusagi hunters know that the 'Heart of the Swamp' wave event has dried out and the mobs no longer suffer from the 'drowning' issue. :)

Gokibusagi

I also sent a support, not realising this thread had been posted. I just wish they would tighten up the area, it's too big for a handful of hunters to do it, the same goes with the Traeskeron wave, the place is too big.

The Daikiba one is perfect, and easy to see the boundaries.

I also sent a support, not realising this thread had been posted. I just wish they would tighten up the area, it's too big for a handful of hunters to do it, the same goes with the Traeskeron wave, the place is too big.

The Daikiba one is perfect, and easy to see the boundaries.

The Traeskeron one needs at least 8 hunters from my experience, although more likely 12 near the end.

I just wish they would tighten up the area, it's too big for a handful of hunters to do it, the same goes with the Traeskeron wave, the place is too big.

The problem with traeskeron area is also that it's irregular, you can run in a straight line and get "you have left event area" followed by "you have entered event area".

The problem with traeskeron area is also that it's irregular, you can run in a straight line and get "you have left event area" followed by "you have entered event area".

The Traeskeron Wave Event area is a U shape, so its best to split into two groups in order to get it done in time.

Personally I don't mind mixed, if the spawn is good and all species are mission mobs anyway. East of F.Fury just along the road after the Feffoid, mixed with Atrox and Armax, Allophyl on the other side of the crossing. But I agree there are too few Gokis there, wish they would increase it a bit. On the hill northeast of Minopolis, mixed with Atrax and both in pretty good numbers. You just occasionally get sent off by sporadic Araneatrox Prowler or even Stalker. They're so bad it causes instant memory loss and you keep going back, lol. Doesn't really happen too often if you watch it. Just don't use TP chip to go back, fly up and make out their positions, then you can avoid them. For a while.

Back