Not Enough RAM

ramos

Dominant
Society
Concord
General Frozen Death
Hello,

Every each day im having more more troubles with game. Lags.. disconnecting..

Now I'm getting new error, which i just cant understand. It tells me, i dont have enough RAM to run the game. Even not on SAFE MODE! Since when 8gb RAM is not much for a EU?

Any solutions?

Hello,

Now I'm getting new error, which i just cant understand. It tells me, i dont have enough RAM to run the game. Even not on SAFE MODE! Since when 8gb RAM is not much for a EU?

Any solutions?

Well it could be a number of things but without certain spec like the Operating system (Is it Windows XP, Windows 7, etc) theren there's no way of knowing, but if it is the OS then you might want to start to upgrade this first (Especially if it is XP, as XP only suypporrts about 4 gigs and not the 8 necessary to run the game..

So let's start there, and see what the issue is.. (Also This should be moved to the tech section of the forums I feel)

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Space Pilot Callsign "Coyote"
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper."

Hello,

Any solutions?

More specifications?

What system, what CPU/GPU?

Is this happening only in certain locations (i.e. Twins) or anywhere?

Falagor
:bandit:

I'm running with 2 GB (mixed low to high settings; I'm able to run all medium but don't want to) just fine. Something else might be eating up or leaking memory.

8GB should be enough. More than enough, provided you actually use a 64-bit OS (and probably the 64-bit client is also required).

If you don't use a 64-bit OS over 4.5 of those4 8GB will be unused (even unusable).

Another thing I noticed back in the days I did run a 32-bit OS is that EU can chew up a horrible amount of paging space. I got it semi-stable with 3GB pagefile(s). YMMV.

++luck;

(...)

Another thing I noticed back in the days I did run a 32-bit OS is that EU can chew up a horrible amount of paging space. I got it semi-stable with 3GB pagefile(s). YMMV.

++luck;

I can confirm this part too that it helped (althogh i have read it is not adviced to do so) when i was at 32-bit XP.

I am glad i switched to 64-bit win7 and eveyrthing works smooth.

Falagor
:bandit:

i had this problem and i solved it like this

I did exactly like the folowing

I saw this somewere they said it's because my os was 32 bits , well it worked in my case

Search for CMD, right click and run as administrator. Once there type this:

bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

Next restart your computer and enjoy

Back