Beware of using websites to buy PED

Luckily this game does not really have any problems with this, as the only ones losing out on this are those foolish enough to try, I would guess a very very small minority. The spamming can't really be stopped thought, and that is a shame, but nothing can be done really. Can limit chat access in beginning of game for new avatars etc, but won't end the problem.

There is something good about it. When entropia catches Attention of gold sellers ( i think they are called so in other games ) this probably means EU is on the climbing side again.

Before the institution of the global chat channels, it really wasn't feasible. They always used to try to spam on EF, but they got shutdown pretty quickly.

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells would know that an offer such as this is a scam. Why would any seller sell his ped at a 60% discount?

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells would know that an offer such as this is a scam. Why would any seller sell his ped at a 60% discount?

That is the problem, there are plenty of people without brains around here.

in other games it is actually possible to do this as they have a mail system where you can mail gold to someone in game.

However in EU as we know there is no way to mail items or PED to others (and it should stay like this)

This is just a scam based off the hope that a lot of EU players have come from these other games and are used to buying in game currency from a website and then praying that it gets mailed to them. Which in most cases doesnt happen.

The only way that this PED exists in game is that it is from stolen credit cards and they are using the website to launder the money.

If you use this there is a pretty good chance its going to cost you more than a few dollars as even if you do actually get the PED you will then have your account locked up by MA for being envolved in this.

Hi SoReal,

Thank you for reporting, these are of course scammers and you should not trust any offers like this nor should/is it allowed to deal with PED in this way.

We appreciate our users who work together with us for a fair Entropia Universe for all.

Kind regards,
Ulf | Entropia Universe Support

Good sign that entropia is growing?

Good sign that entropia is growing?

Very good sign. However them still advertising probably means that people actually get scammed this way.
Beats me why MA hasn't made a simple filter or public post about this

Common sense should stop people falling for this but....

The trouble with common sense is that it isn't so common.

well possible someone trade/profit so much and sell peds for below price to not wait 90 day bussines from MA
But i agree 60%off? its scam , clear scam

I other side if games get this type sick probably growing enough to caught attetion now MA need deal with this guys

BUMP this up!
Don't fall for this scam! It will most likely get your account hacked or targeted for hacking!

They state this, so what is there to say that they don't practice this themselves
Letter of Apology: Dear Customers: We were hacked by other competitors, we will try to set up our ***** brand

Until we know from the ppl that got hacked that they used the site and thus got hacked we can't know for sure.
But the offer is to good to be true. So far everything points in their direction in my opinion.

Anyway it was suggested that they can spam in Rookie already at avatar creation?
Is that really the case? It seems so at least since they only had one name in their avatar, not 3 as required.
If that is the case, then that is something MA should look into.
Unlock global chatting/Rookie channel after a certain set of steps have been passed.
Not that it will stop them I know, but still... In another game I played they lvled up their avatars in order to be able to spam, you had to be above a certain lvl to shout...

It is quite hard to get rid of them from MA site. Well monitoring the chat and have mechanisms which block avatars on certain regexp rules could be a solution, but that either requires personell and when automated might lead to other people banned.

The best protection is noone tries to buy anything from then and make it hard for them to maintain their chatbots, so they would need to put in more effort for no generated revenue, so Entropia could become an uniteresting plattform for them.

Unlock global chatting/Rookie channel after a certain set of steps have been passed.
Not that it will stop them I know, but still... In another game I played they lvled up their avatars in order to be able to spam, you had to be above a certain lvl to shout...

Well, fresh beginners do have legitemate reason to ask normal questions.

Though one thing to do would be that lines containing obvious URL:s ("http",".com") and things that are seen in spam messages (eg greatgoods2005 and Words like that that could be configured by the moderators) would be silently eaten unless you have passed a certain step (for instance unlocked serendipidy or completed discipleship).

Can you use rookie chat from within the Gateway area? If so, maybe you shouldn't be able to use it until you get out? Maybe, they could even force you to complete some missions before getting out. Just a thought.

Can you use rookie chat from within the Gateway area? If so, maybe you shouldn't be able to use it until you get out? Maybe, they could even force you to complete some missions before getting out. Just a thought.

You can use rookie chat before you even finish creating your avatar, or finish giving it the full 3 names (mouseover the name in rookie chat will show only a single name).
Quite often, someone will post from there because they can't work out the next step to leave that area, and get into Gateway.

You can use rookie chat before you even finish creating your avatar, or finish giving it the full 3 names (mouseover the name in rookie chat will show only a single name).
Quite often, someone will post from there because they can't work out the next step to leave that area, and get into Gateway.

Yeah, maybe they need to revisit that.

:bump: its little bit old vid, mostly about different games
but it explain lot of it
if you dont have time to see it all 25:30-28 :eyecrazy:

Interesting so has anyone been using the same username and password combination for EU websites that you used to access EU ?

Obviously the owners of these sites are going to say "hey we have never been hacked , your information is secure" that maybe, but then EU is real money and if your giving a username and password to access these websites then you may essentialy, depending upon the sofware used for the websites also be giving the website owners the keys to your front door.

Some examples below:

www.planetcalypsoforum.com
www.entropiaforum.com
www.entropiaplanets.com
www.entropialife.com
www.mininglog.com
www.entropiawiki.com

If you are using the same username / password combination then change your EU password now.
If you own one of the sites listed above, would be interesting to hear your views on this.

In fact thinking about it change your EU password now anyway.

Last edited:
Interesting so has anyone been using the same username and password combination for EU websites that you used to access EU ?

No i always took care to have a different password for EU as i have on other sites. Even between other sites i use different ones, which often leads to situations where i have to use the password restoe function as i forgot the password. However due to the special nature of EU a also ordered a goldcard shortly after i started playing.

Activating PM seems to disrupt the PED scam spammers...

<removed pic of ingame PM>

Nice reply... :)

EDIT: I thank Ms Serica for facilitating in-game scam schemes. :tiphat:

Last edited:
Reply self removed as related to moderated post above. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back