Puny and ancient

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Hey all,

i currently have a lv 11 Bristle Puny, and it cannot do the sit thingy. But it seems it can do all the stable stuff like extra HP etc.

Are there any advantages with the Ancient Strong pets?

Rgds

Ace

Hey all,

i currently have a lv 11 Bristle Puny, and it cannot do the sit thingy. But it seems it can do all the stable stuff like extra HP etc.

Rgds

Ace

How many actions does your bristle have?

So far I've only come across 5, and a few of them is different; for instance Panther has "intimidate", probably because it usually sits when it's inactive.

It has 5 tricks, and not sure what i was thinking before, but all are available. ( i am damn sure sit was greyed out before :confused: )

Greet
Dance
Bow
Rollover
Sit

Rgds

Ace

It has 5 tricks, and not sure what i was thinking before, but all are available. ( i am damn sure sit was greyed out before :confused: )

If "sit" is there but greyed out, it means that the mob can do it, but that it requires more skills than you currently have.

My Level 5 Ancient Strong Exa has those 5, but rollover and Sit are greyed out :(

Ahhh okay thankyou, need skills to ungrey skills cool.

Still, is there any advantage in having an acient strong pet over a bristle puny?

Rgds

Ace

Only show-off, I think. They are huge so you are not welcome on teams with them, and they eat a lot while provide exactly same stable bonuses as punies.

Tricks have prof requirements. I couldn't make my ancient exo sit until I reached Pet Handler 8 lvl.

Ahhh okay thankyou, need skills to ungrey skills cool.

Still, is there any advantage in having an acient strong pet over a bristle puny?

Not really, I guess.
Maybe big pets are better to skill with if you do have more skills (not sure about this) but at least in the past big daikibas has been more skill demaning than a small snable.

The other could, theoretically, be some sort of shield behind you running in lootable pvp if it's big enough, though if you're drilling a claim in lootable pvp nothing prevents a pk:er to shoot you from the side or hit you indirectly with a grenade.

I don't mine in PVP so not an issue... :)

KK i will stick with leveling my puny then. Thanks all for your help, greatly appreciated. Hopefully my lv 11 pet will have a use at some point when MA do an update ;)

Rgds

Ace

Only show-off, I think. They are huge so you are not welcome on teams with them, and they eat a lot while provide exactly same stable bonuses as punies.

Yes, practically in teams and events with lots of people having a small pet is smarter than having a big one. Also as pets tend to get in your way once in a while.

I can more see the advantages of different pets coming clearer if/when the big pets can perform some more useful type of action (maybe use snable male as Canon/gun/mortar, ride on exosaur and daikiba to ram into items).

i recomment to skill up taming and pethandelar, when you will be ale to tame/doing tricks with larger pets.
In VU9, lev 16 tamer was need to tame a daikiba stalker.
i think the new system also need skills for doing taming/tricks at biger pets.

What is the best/cheapest way to skill taming? I could go tame a load of bristles and tt them, as you seem to get loot like you killed them.

Or sit and do tricks, but that seems like it takes up a load of peds doing that way

Advice?

Rgds

Ace

Ace

Pure speculation as i know nothing of taming etc, but i suspect these ancient and ancient strong might eventually give additional buffs (Beyond what we see now) in the future that will not be available to new pets or limited to very highly tamed pets..................maybe ^^

my half pec on that.

What is the best/cheapest way to skill taming? I could go tame a load of bristles and tt them, as you seem to get loot like you killed them.

Or sit and do tricks, but that seems like it takes up a load of peds doing that way

Advice?

Rgds

Ace

taming pets, and also doing tricks, and always let a pet be spawned. also scanning animals increase this both profession a bit. zoologie skills or so.

Tricks have prof requirements. I couldn't make my ancient exo sit until I reached Pet Handler 8 lvl.

Another disadvantage of ancient strong/larger pets is that they get in the way of fappers.

You do get skill in pet handling by just having it spawned it seem and doing other activities.

Back