Evade is a interesting skill.

Btw mercury has some sick evade ;)

Avatar: 154 Great Arch Master BLP Sniper (Hit)
101 Grand Master Evader
19.4k Rifle Skill
~650k Total Skills
347 Health

source: http://www.twitch.tv/stargazing

Greetz

All skills increase from performing the activity they are associated with. Whether that activity succeeds or not doesn't matter.

You get weapons skills even if your attack misses the target.
You get defense skills even if their attack misses you.
You get mining skills even if you find nothing.
Crafting skill even if you fail.

I have seen greenies from crafting and mining, like you say even if you fail, but I just don't recall seeing anything green on shooting misses or missed hits. Just saying, not arguing as I know you know.

I have often wondered if a poor internet connection or lag loses you skills as well ?

packetloss dont effect you game anyway but can be annoying play with spikes

1. What matters isn't your evade, but your evade compared to the L# of the mobs you hunt.
  2. Even missed attacks still give evade skill
  3. Yes, getting above lvl 60 evade is quite hard, and lvl 80-100+ is sick.

John please explain further the first statement. If your evade is 25 and the L# number of the mob is 20 does that mean you will not get many evade skills or will the mob have a hard time hitting you?

BTW I did finally notice an evade greenie and was not hit at the time. I sure that has happened before but this was the first time I really notice.

John please explain further the first statement. If your evade is 25 and the L# number of the mob is 20 does that mean you will not get many evade skills or will the mob have a hard time hitting you?

BTW I did finally notice an evade greenie and was not hit at the time. I sure that has happened before but this was the first time I really notice.

Mob lvl not necessarily related to its 'hit ability' for example: lvl60ish marci devastator hits less often on my 47 evader than lvl18 bristlehog hits on my 43 dodger

I am quite certain the more damage the mob does to you the more evade/dodge skill gains (tt) you gain per skill gain. Doesn't matter if you have armor or not. If a mob hits you for 1.0 and u protected against 99 dmg you will still gain same skills if you got hit for 100.

You can clearly see it on AOE event mobs.

Lvl of mob doesn't always mean the mob will hit you less based on your evader. You can clearly see this on certain mobs which i won't mention. But a more generalization i suppose comparing calypso mobs to arkadia mobs. Almost all arkadia mobs hit you way more often than the counterpart calypso mob. Thus on arkadia your defense costs are higher but so are your defense related skill gains.

The fastest and most efficient way to skill evade/dodge I suppose would be to get the highest mob you can kill but that hits you less often than lower lvl counterpart like the L60 marci devastator mentioned above. To find these mobs requires testing since nobody spreads this type of info in public in fear it may be nerfed.

While it appears true that some mobs hit more than others of equal L rank, in every case I'm aware of, a specific mob will begin to hit less often once your appropriate evade/dodge rises above their L level.

In other words, on any mob, if your evade is below their L, you will get hit more often than someone who's evade is above it.

While it appears true that some mobs hit more than others of equal L rank, in every case I'm aware of, a specific mob will begin to hit less often once your appropriate evade/dodge rises above their L level.

In other words, on any mob, if your evade is below their L, you will get hit more often than someone who's evade is above it.
Ergo the L level can be used to choose the correct mob according to your level. Having said that, would if also follow that in order to increase your evade skill one should hunt a mob with a somewhat higher L level than one's evade level? I think there is a limit to how that works when you have a high evade level and have quickness and intuition. Case in point, while hunt T5 spiders I was standing right behind Star and she is a level 101 evade and was standing right in front of the spiders, like 2 meters, and hardly ever got hit. actually I only saw one time she needed to be healed in several hunts. The spiders are L107 which is close, however I noticed about the same thing with the bot and he is a L307. So that would mean to me that the extra two k skills help a lot.

UPDATE:
I was just hunting S4 Kerbies they are L30 and I am a level 48.75 evader and 40.75 dodger and they beat the crap out of me. Hits from 1 to 45 average is around 30-35 (very few 1 hitters). I have 225 health and using ghost armor with 5Bs. I know my armor is a bit weak or at least I think it is but I have to heal after each one about 50% of the time, about 1.5 mobs 45% of the time before I have to heal and the other 10% 2.5-3 mobs before a heal. So I would say they are hitting me 6-7 times on 50% and less on the others. I don't know if MM kerbies are different but I can go up to and including Alpha Atroxs with getting hit very little and Longtooths up to olds hardly getting hit ever and if I do get hit it is usually 1 and rarely 20-25 from an old. So I guess that indicate MM kerbies are harder.

Last edited:
Back