Evade is a interesting skill.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
As you get higher in Evade you get hit less and less, hence you don't get any evade greenies and progress slows to a crawl. In one of Mercury's videos I saw his evade and it was 88 as I recall. Now that is good and high but I would have thought with the mobs he hunts and the amount he has hunted over the years he would have been much higher. I think I heard of one player around 100 and I think it was yodi but not sure.

If you aren't getting hit then you don't need it to go any higher.

1. What matters isn't your evade, but your evade compared to the L# of the mobs you hunt.
  2. Even missed attacks still give evade skill
  3. Yes, getting above lvl 60 evade is quite hard, and lvl 80-100+ is sick.

the high evade of most oldtime ubers comes from afkmodfapping mostly i think

some1 like adel that has hunted much more then the oldtime ubers with high evade probably has much lower evade then them

If you aren't getting hit then you don't need it to go any higher.

Silly, I don't want to be stuck with L20 mobs nor have to spend 30K for better armor. The better the evade the lesser armor you need, I think :).

Reactions: Dex
  1. What matters isn't your evade, but your evade compared to the L# of the mobs you hunt.

I hunt low level mobs L10- most of the time now because its fun, for me anyway, and then play hard on the events like MM.

RU sure that a miss will give you evade ? I just have not seen a greenie pop up unless I get hit. But not doubting your word because I know you and you are much smarter the me :).

I just want to unlock quickness at lvl 55, I doubt that I will live long enough to get above lvl60 and maybe not even lvl55 :).

Silly, I don't want to be stuck with L20 mobs nor have to spend 30K for better armor. The better the evade the lesser armor you need, I think :).

And when u hunt mobs that can hit u, ur evade will increase again.

And when u hunt mobs that can hit u, ur evade will increase again.

Actually I do get hit hunting low level kerbies and I hunt them naked, I don't know if that will help in getting evade or not but it doesn't seem to. When hunting S4 kerbies I do get evade green.

Evade/Dodge its only skill community proff have any effect ;)

All others are mtyh right?(i think somes are obivius like aim but who know except ma)

Sell all other skills and fill your boots with perception! :wtg:

Yes.. I'm kidding! :silly2:

if you swunt caraboks... about half of your evade gains are from missed hits. quite interesting.

or its the other way around the better evade the better armor you can wear since you dont get hit much

this is for sure true for pistoleers and melee chars

to a lesser degree yes less for snipers those can take lesser armor

Yes the skill evade is hard to get i have been here sense 2006 May and i am at lvl 72,5 in evade.

I put in my will my last request for my grand-grand-grand children to unlock intuition for me.

Atami

For new players i recommend to try to get free access to a spaceship as captain and do hunting trips.

Lvl 25 captain unlocks avoidance so by the time you reached that goal for free you can start hunting and harvest avoidance from the start on. Or keep spaceing your evade up until you can hunt mobs cheaper than starting with nothing.

Btw has ever anyone checked if armor decay influences defense skill gains?

I know that I will never see Intuition and maybe not quickness. I wonder if either really makes that much difference ? Maybe just having the higher level makes the most difference. I was looking at the Chipping Optimizer and noticed that quickness and Intuition only 9% and 3% additional help in increasing the evade skill. Doesn't seem like a lot. Actually Athletics and combat reflexes give 14% and 11% which is much better.

I know that I will never see Intuition and maybe not quickness. I wonder if either really makes that much difference ? Maybe just having the higher level makes the most difference. I was looking at the Chipping Optimizer and noticed that quickness and Intuition only 9% and 3% additional help in increasing the evade skill. Doesn't seem like a lot. Actually Athletics and combat reflexes give 14% and 11% which is much better.

I guess it's the quick rush of a few levels as soon as you unlock Intuition/Quickness, just like it happens when you unlock coolness, wounding, combat sense..... but it's just a guess since I am centuries away from unlocking them.

I guess it's the quick rush of a few levels as soon as you unlock Intuition/Quickness, just like it happens when you unlock coolness, wounding, combat sense..... but it's just a guess since I am centuries away from unlocking them.

That is true, when I un-locker Kill Strike my damage when up real fast like 4 0r 5 levels during the LT spawn.

Evade is crazy good. When I hunt a mob where the young is below my evade, and the mature mat is above my evade level, the young hits me about 40% as much as the mature. If they were both above my evade level, the difference would be minimal between the 2 mats.

Extrapolate that out, and you can see why it is idiocy to grind with armor on mobs above your evade level for any length of time.

most of those skills will be at a reasonable level once you unlock wich means the gaions on those skills go so slow & the unlocked skill goes so fast that even at a low contribution %, it does help a lot

most of those skills will be at a reasonable level once you unlock wich means the gaions on those skills go so slow & the unlocked skill goes so fast that even at a low contribution %, it does help a lot

Very true. On that topic why is it when you first get a new skill it seems like every other action you take you get a greenie then when you around 2K it seems to start slowing down. I know it was that way with kill strike. I had the skills progress window open and was watching the green bar and I would get 2 full points almost every 2-3 hits and sometimes I would get one for one. Now its a lot more greenies to get a full point, however the number of greenies seems to be much, much lower. I just don't get as many. I had noticed that with most all of the newly un-locked skills over the years also.

For new players i recommend to try to get free access to a spaceship as captain and do hunting trips.

Lvl 25 captain unlocks avoidance so by the time you reached that goal for free you can start hunting and harvest avoidance from the start on. Or keep spaceing your evade up until you can hunt mobs cheaper than starting with nothing.

Its great for more than just new players. Captain is also an interesting skill. It seems to function just like a defensive skill does in terms of skill gain and effect but its labeled as something else completely. Skilling Captain, along with getting defensive skills, also gives you a quick and free HP bump. Spaceship Pilot, part of the Captain profession, gives HP every 533 points, plus you also get skills like Courage which give HP fast.

I've pretty much stopped depositing, so I've been swunting Ambus naked. Something I have noticed is I get hit harder and more often with armor on. I have L28 Evade almost L29. On the other hand, Argo young L5 have NO problem hitting me at all. I don't know if decay has anything to do with skill gains, but it does seem to correlate with getting hit. Nothing to decay + get hit less + Something to decay + get hit more = Deleware stinks² .

Very true. On that topic why is it when you first get a new skill it seems like every other action you take you get a greenie then when you around 2K it seems to start slowing down. I know it was that way with kill strike. I had the skills progress window open and was watching the green bar and I would get 2 full points almost every 2-3 hits and sometimes I would get one for one. Now its a lot more greenies to get a full point, however the number of greenies seems to be much, much lower. I just don't get as many. I had noticed that with most all of the newly un-locked skills over the years also.

For me, Quickness slowed down a lot already at approx 1300... :(

For me, Quickness slowed down a lot already at approx 1300... :(

Is it possible that you are evading the hits more, hence no opportunity to skill. With KS you are always, when hunting, shooting and hitting the mob.

Is it possible that you are evading the hits more, hence no opportunity to skill. With KS you are always, when hunting, shooting and hitting the mob.

U get evade skill while evading too, not only when getting hit

U get evade skill while evading too, not only when getting hit

Yes and also from athletics and combat sense and combat reflexes among others, however I don't think that would help in quickness as it is also a skill.

Yes and also from athletics and combat sense and combat reflexes among others, however I don't think that would help in quickness as it is also a skill.

All skills increase from performing the activity they are associated with. Whether that activity succeeds or not doesn't matter.

You get weapons skills even if your attack misses the target.
You get defense skills even if their attack misses you.
You get mining skills even if you find nothing.
Crafting skill even if you fail.

Back