Unsold Equus Quad event

What about an Equus-Class Mothership with unlimited Warp included and planet landing option... that would be a super prize :)

The big difference between your suggestion and the suggestion of redistribution of unsold equus as prizes is that equus were intitally mentioned that there will be 25 for sale - not more not less and thats what every person knew who was bidding.
Motherships on the other hand had no defined limited number during their sales, the marketing line was that an unknown number would be for sale during a limited time period and that when the continuous auction stopped there 'never' would be unlimited motherships for sale again and all future motherships to be released would be L versions.
This means they cant just create more ul motherships without breaking their sales promise and they havent even delivered everything the ul motherships were supposed to have.

However they can release battlecruisers, battleships, destroyers, fregattes, bombers, stealthfighters, carriers, dreadnoughts, etc. - but they need to be carefull with it as releasing to many before updateing space will gain them next to no money - while waiting with their release until space prooves profitable will earn them considerably more.

PS: Funny to see how you try to defend your current property while at the same time to diminish the value of a ship-class you used to own yourself. And im quite sure you sold your 'dreadnought' to goldy for much more then what you currently claim motherships to be worth even though you know transport missions are comming and they never had a higher value then right now ;)

Reactions: SHY
PS: Funny to see how you try to defend your current property while at the same time to diminish the value of a ship-class you used to own yourself. And im quite sure you sold your 'dreadnought' to goldy for much more then what you currently claim motherships to be worth even though you know transport missions are comming and they never had a higher value then right now ;)

There is something I am missing mate? keep calm and get the sarcasm I used in my posts... ofc I hope to see the value of Equus will be still high in near future, since I paid 50k for mine. :)

You are underlining that MA "have to release" in a way or another the 25 planned Quads? in the same way I might underline that the SB was set at 50k, and that no other way than paying more than that should be allowed since it was officially announced.

MA will decide itself how to get the peds, but as Quad-Wing Equus owner (recently MA invertor in others words) I would be well more satisfacted if this won't happen and if there won't be any other way than paying at least 50k peds for getting one, since I expected this to happen. If these Quads don't sell imho they should be allowed to purchase at 50k until they get sold (as happening to AUD at 50 ped) or better being removed definitely from EU.

I am not trying to undervaluate your investment (MS), just showing that it's so easy to suggest new ways to devaluate others investments, while the best question should be what would allow to happen the investors that paid for this new MA opportunity?

Anything you buy in EU you should be prepared for immediate and continued devaluation.

I can see your point, and having good friends with Equus's (equi/equines?) I would certainly not want their investments devalued.

There was a MS given away as a prize, it certainly didn't devalue the others. The event ( afaik) was a lot of hard work (and peds) and rightly so for such a grand prize.

If the event was on such a grand scale, then it should certainly feasible to ensure that the value is retained.

Prior to this of course space mobs spawns would have to greatly increased as well as maturities :)

You need to remember that that even didn't end to well. Was a GREAT event! Would love to do it again, but at the end that Limited Mothership that was to be giving away never showed up and in return Neverdie had to give his own mothership away. With all that ND did put into the event and the new land area for the event I'm not sure if he ever did make any money off that and surely lost a lot out of his own pocket having to sale his very own MS.-- but also it was all good and no one was really all that upset about to due to the fact ND rented the MS out to pirates.:yay:

Anyway an event like this would have to be really big on MA side to pay for the 50k prize. And you have to remember that this 'big' event would all have to be in lootable pvp which well we know wouldn't go far at all.

You all (including OP and all others), probably did not take into account the fact that MA put up for auction unsold Red's again and they will be sold sooner or later.

the player base was not ready for lootable pvp last time i cheked :wise:

EBN Newsflash - Equus-Class Mothership

An Equus-Class Mothership has been recently spotted in space, no detail about this rare and high-performance vassel has already been released, rumors say it will be offered as space event prize in the near future.]

Vindaloo anyone?

<edit> I'd buy it :smoke:

Pitbull Mk V Equus Edition...
PRX Equus Edition...
Hoverboard Equus Edition...
Spear MK. V Equus Edition

Etc etc etc... :laugh:

On a serious note: Maybe let the mobs loot something like they are doing with the Mushrooms on specific mobs to upgrade existing faps or bones to upgrade plates and amps. Arkadia by example had the Arkoins for LA's. But in this case you have to collect a shitload of resources (worth around 50k) to upgrade a normal quad into a quad equus but you have to hunt in space for that?

Last edited:
In this case, players must to spend a similar amount of money to win a prize. Suppose you need to MA received 50,000 PED, it means that the turnover at the event should be at least 500,000 PED, I do not think that all players will be able to spend so much money in the space. This calculation is only for one Red!

Sorry, as much as you try to make that ship worth 50k ped, it's just not going to be worth that much.

Sorry, as much as you try to make that ship worth 50k ped, it's just not going to be worth that much.

If ppl pay 50k for it and it cant be bought for less ... it is worth 50k peds. If you think it is worth less then you must have someone willing to sell at that price. Supply and demand. There is demand at 50k and no supply below that price.

For 14 people it obviously is worth that much to go from Arkadia to Calypso (I watched the youtube video) in 3 minutes flat.

Currently there is just 1 now listed with 1 day and 18 hours left. Will they list the remainder or be satisfied with the 700k Ped they made? Could go either way.

The point is not whether worth or not worth 50 thousand. If you can not buy, but others bought - therefore it worth. If Red is not necessary for someone (maybe for you, Neil) - you can continue to fly as usual, that is, 45 minutes and ~4 PED , or using any service for 9 or 14 PED per flight (cheaper if you have got a subscription). I prefer to provide a stock in my new large Shop on Calypso in Emerald Lakes Mall as soon as possible, and for minimum money. And I don't care what would be created in the future by MA, I can always use my Red to maximize profits from Shop(s), but not to carry passengers (which is also possible), and providing quality service to my customers. And I'm pretty sure that all Red's will be sold, and none of them will not be a prize in any event.

The point is not whether worth or not worth 50 thousand. If you can not buy, but others bought - therefore it worth. If Red is not necessary for someone (maybe for you, Neil) - you can continue to fly as usual, that is, 45 minutes and ~4 PED , or using any service for 9 or 14 PED per flight (cheaper if you have got a subscription).

I would never use the weight "crippled" warp ship, stripped down I'm 200kg. So for me, it's not "not necessary", it's useless, a joke.

I would never use the weight "crippled" warp ship, stripped down I'm 200kg. So for me, it's not "not necessary", it's useless, a joke.

I written about this, but for me it is very comfortable, and I earn more in this game now. My time in real life probably is a bit more expensive than yours, that's all.

I vote for putting back in the Instant teleport travel between planets before space was around :wise:

....and just remove space.... :laugh:

I think its aimed at hunters who use full Jaguar (full set (7 pcs)= 2.1kg))

Add two guns and two faps, and away you go....

I know what it's like though, I carry a crap load of stuff too, but its surprising how light you can make yourself, if you need to. :)

The equus quad is an overpriced piece of garbage. As for putting it as an event prize. why not? here is a better idea.. add the few remaining into the general loot pool for ALL mobs. that way low to mid lvl avatars actually stand a chance of getting something good for once.

The equus quad is an overpriced piece of garbage. As for putting it as an event prize. why not? here is a better idea.. add the few remaining into the general loot pool for ALL mobs. that way low to mid lvl avatars actually stand a chance of getting something good for once.

:scratch2: .............................

Maybe someone missed this detail in the Developer Notes #10:

In a subsequent Version Update, transport missions will be made available that can be claimed by spaceship pilots via a queue system that incorporates the available transport fee pool, pilot skills, time limitations, and ship cargo capacities.

For what I understand Quad-Wing Equus is just the first vehicle to show the upcoming ship cargo capabilities limits, that will be applied to the vehicles. Regular Quads are expected to have some limit soon as all others ships. Flying with 8000 kg and logoff won't be anymore an option soon.

Time limitations might mean that some missions can't be completed using a vehicle unable to warp too.

EU is dynamic, if space like it is right now would be at the end of the development cycle, it would hardly explain the price.

Last edited:
stop with the rumors already...

removing log off is not an option. Ma does not have the ability to properly code things as is, it would kill the game.

players will not stand for their avatars staying "lootable" while they are off line and not in control of their actions.

If MA fixed the issues in space, PvP cheats, physics issues, 3rd party programs / editors..... maybe... but MA is not interested, and has shown this time and time again.

stop with the rumors already...

removing log off is not an option. Ma does not have the ability to properly code things as is, it would kill the game.

players will not stand for their avatars staying "lootable" while they are off line and not in control of their actions.

If MA fixed the issues in space, PvP cheats, physics issues, 3rd party programs / editors..... maybe... but MA is not interested, and has shown this time and time again.

Read Developer Notes #10 more carefully:

It will still be possible to transport goods and resources through space in the current manner, though changes will be made in upcoming Version Updates to address currently existing issues and loopholes that allow for risk-free transport of goods and materials through space.

Seems like it's exactly the plan of MA to remove logoff, expecially because there is no reason to release a lootable pvp space when there is an exploit like logging off, MA just provides others options like interplanetary auction or cargo boxes to keep possible to move stuff without risk paying a fee, while using exploit to avoid these fees is going to disappear.

:scratch2: .............................

How i read this was....

The equus quad is an overpriced piece of garbage

An over priced piece of junk that mugs are willing to pay 50k for, its an over priced piece of crap as down the line when MA need more money they will release something else to devalue this! just like its turning some people away from motherships.... granted not many people but still.... slowly devaluing stuff, and in time MA will release something else to devalue the motherships and these ships a little more...

mid lvl avatars actually stand a chance of getting something good for once.

Something good for once as people are paying over the odds for one...

This is MY opinion just throwing it out there :)

Maybe someone missed this detail in the Developer Notes #10:

For what I understand Quad-Wing Equus is just the first vehicle to show the upcoming ship cargo capabilities limits, that will be applied to the vehicles. Regular Quads are expected to have some limit soon as all others ships. Flying with 8000 kg and logoff won't be anymore an option soon.

Time limitations might mean that some missions can't be completed using a vehicle unable to warp too.

EU is dynamic, if space like it is right now would be at the end of the development cycle, it would hardly explain the price.

Wait a sec here? Now you are not new to EU are you? I have to say no due to your sig info here on the forum but still are you new here?

Since in a way this update is going to take so long they needed to disable space transport and for the time being , hoping forever, leave us with UA. The new system of theirs can't be out anytime soon due to the fact we are dealing with MA and their small development team.

In 5 years we may get this new system. AND the new system my not even have cargo holders as stated above in Developer Notes #10. If you have any questions about this one just ask any hanger owner and they will tell you the full story of it. Q: how many years did we see hangers before space was release?

And yes remember we are still waiting for CLDs

At the end I hope this all works out..but for now it's a big mess and I did feel kind of sorry for you outside of Arkadia Quarry with no clothes an offering V.I.P.

Nobody calls Ferrari a piece of shit, if he has no money to buy this car. Do not try to offend those people who are able to afford it, just because you're jealous. The fact that you play only one year, and still new in this game, does not justify you.

You gotta be kidding me:laugh:

Back