Unsold Equus Quad event

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
Could we please have a few of the unsold Equus quads given away as prizes in an epic space event? :)

Would be a great boost to the space economy to run for example a few weeks/months of some kind of space hunting event. You know the kind, top 3, number 5 and number 10 largest loots gets one, or something to that effect :)

Thank you kindly :cool:

Last edited:
great idea , would definately promote some space activity !

now

I think idea is terrible. Rules to obtain those Quads was clear and same for all and known from begining. Giving it now in any form or gift or prize for even hard activity is slap in the face for those who paid hard cash 50 k peds for them.

If someone won on auction one in a kind moon or medusa (annual big MA sale - kind of tradition )do you want MA to give another one in event week later or so and ruin your investment ? I doubt.

Red Quads have some market value....giving more of them in event is lowering it and screwing buyers who was somehow loyal to MA and belived it will not do anything like this.

A mission with 100.000 killed Cosmic Horrors? Maybe-maybe :)

Ma can give one in next year myhen 3 place cat 4 get one
I think cat 4 have more hunters them the rest :silly2:

Ma can give one in next year myhen 3 place cat 4 get one
I think cat 4 have more hunters them the rest :silly2:

I think it's not fair, you did not spend 50,000 PED on any of these events.

Guess I missed the sale, how many were sold for what price and how many returned to MA?

13 sold, atleast one was not sold (auction ends without bids)

Added:
And about Red's as the prizes. Let then raffle in events 10-20 Mod.FAP's / 20-30 Imp. FAP's and 10-20 privateers and Motherships, in this case, the Event with a red quads will be also honest.

Last edited:
Guess I missed the sale, how many were sold for what price and how many returned to MA?

its not over yet , still two on the auction and I think 1 or 2 have been returned to MA

I think idea is terrible. Rules to obtain those Quads was clear and same for all and known from begining. Giving it now in any form or gift or prize for even hard activity is slap in the face for those who paid hard cash 50 k peds for them.

I can see your point, and having good friends with Equus's (equi/equines?) I would certainly not want their investments devalued.

There was a MS given away as a prize, it certainly didn't devalue the others. The event ( afaik) was a lot of hard work (and peds) and rightly so for such a grand prize.

If the event was on such a grand scale, then it should certainly feasible to ensure that the value is retained.

Prior to this of course space mobs spawns would have to greatly increased as well as maturities :)

Its not out of the question that an Equus or two could be top prize(s) in a future event.

We have had events that had Protector of the Empire as rewards as well as the original unlim Quads.

Have to see how many sell. :)

I can see your point, and having good friends with Equus's (equi/equines?) I would certainly not want their investments devalued.

There was a MS given away as a prize, it certainly didn't devalue the others. The event ( afaik) was a lot of hard work (and peds) and rightly so for such a grand prize.

If the event was on such a grand scale, then it should certainly feasible to ensure that the value is retained.

Prior to this of course space mobs spawns would have to greatly increased as well as maturities :)

In this case, players must to spend a similar amount of money to win a prize. Suppose you need to MA received 50,000 PED, it means that the turnover at the event should be at least 500,000 PED, I do not think that all players will be able to spend so much money in the space. This calculation is only for one Red!

I can see your point, and having good friends with Equus's (equi?) I would certainly not want their investments devalued.

Second the last sentence. If you happen to be two hunters on a team, there is just no way as of today to cycle a reasonable amount of ammo within a reasonable timeframe.

In this case, players must to spend a similar amount of money to win a prize. Suppose you need to MA received 50,000 PED, it means that the turnover at the event should be at least 500,000 PED, I do not think that all players will be able to spend so much money in the space. This calculation is only for one Red!

Surely doesn't seem infeasible.

If 500 players take part, say an average of 80% returns ( generous for long term space hunting!) each spend lets say 1000ped each, losing 200 of that, then the return to ma is 200*500 = 100k ped - that's equivalent to 2 equus.

Many will spend more, make more, spend less, make less etc - but as an average...

I know myself on such an event i'd be cycling into the tens of thousands for a chance, as will many of the other big space hunters, as well as in influx of the big time planet based hunters who could make my contribution look like a drop in the ocean!

And don't forget the other income large events bring, to the crafters creating the rk's and wire, to the miners on the gold etc.

(not that I have a clue on event income parameters and criteria, but from a vague viewpoint it doesn't seem too far fetched :) )

Last edited:
Surely doesn't seem infeasible.

If 500 players take part, say an average of 80% returns ( generous for long term space hunting!) each spend lets say 1000ped each, losing 200 of that, then the return to ma is 200*500 = 100k ped - that's equivalent to 2 equus.

Many will spend more, make more, spend less, make less etc - but as an average...

In this case, I wonder where you take the 500 participants? In addition, the main condition in this case would restriction of use of Privateers and Motherships, otherwise it is too unfair.

In this case, I wonder where you take the 500 participants? In addition, the main condition in this case would restriction of use of Privateers and Motherships, otherwise it is too unfair.

Where we take them? To space! :D ;)

Why on earth(pardon the pun) would it be restricted to larger ships? I fail to see how you managed to draw that conclusion from the post you quoted.

Sure a large ship can wipe out larger mobs faster, but may also have 11 gunners taking a piece of the cake. Whereas a little lone ship would eat away thousands of smaller mobs with ease. Just a matter of patience and how much time you have.

In saying that, there's enough big ships out there with plenty of gunning capacity for many many hunters to take that option.

Ma is quite capable of making such events open to varying levels of players. Sure they may have the odds stacked against them when hunting little mobbies, but never forget the element of luck is what drives many, in the hope to hit it big!

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea and the number of participants in such an event surely isnt limited by the amount of privateers / motherships - currently on existing active spacecrafts there is around 200 gunner seats avaiable plus around 300 possible gunner seats on spacecrafts that are basically avaiable to use if someone asks an owner to rent them for hunts.
Thats 500 gunner seats round the clock allowing easily 2000 players to hunt frequently if they wanted to.
Add in the quads in existance which are much faster at picking up mobs for hunts and which can easily be repaired when utilizing motherships or some of the further out spacestations - there is basically no limit to the number of participants who could have a realistic chance.

I myself have killed around 300k locusta and 100k cosmic horrors with some other space mobs mixed in over the years - its very possible to cycle some peds in space - of course if mindark would increase the density and maturity of mob spawns we could cycle alot more peds at a similar rate as top planetside hunters.

I think using the unsold equus as event prizes doesnt change their value, because the total number thats supposed to be ingame will still be the same and its up to mindark to set the paramenters of such an event to match their income goals.
And any player that wins an equus wont be so dumb to sell it for less then what they were sold by mindark.
It also does not exclude those who already purchased one, since they still can participate - even hunt in their unlimited quad (mothership base) to win another one and then sell one later on.

Easiest way for mindark to get the intended money even when there is not enough people who would spent the startbid on auction -> just earn it through numbers from an event and boost space same time.

Hehe, OP, and JBK, I see you just want to make money on the players and in addition to get your Red maybe for 1000 PED. I think that this will not happen.

Hehe, OP, and JBK, I see you just want to make money on the players and in addition to get your Red maybe for 1000 PED. I think that this will not happen.

And i see your opinion is biased planetside as a trader/crafter - even though its about a space vehicle... :rolleyes:
Do you really fear your equus to loose value ? The limit was always known to be 25 so it wont change, they might just not get more rare if thats what you hope for for resale value...

What a negative comment, and quite frankly very rude!

I love space and this game, and strive to help others enjoy both too, either in game or coming up with ideas.

I don't make a single penny in space, and have cycled more than I care to imagine - but I love the people and the place. I would love more than anything in this game to see space become the wonderful vibrant place that it has the potential to be - is that so wrong?

We are on the frontier of a new dawn of space, we have some very exciting new vehicles, a few of which are unsold - surely a huge big space event will be the very kick start that is required!

What a negative comment, and quite frankly very rude!

Negative comment because you would get for little job (due to your and JBK possibilities) that, for what others already paid $ 5000.
And maybe little rude because you insist ... but honest!

Ask a Ferrari showroom to sell you car for $5000 that they are not sold in the last year :)

Buy your Red and use :cool:

No matter what prize is given, a large or big space event is a good idea!

Negative comment because you would get for little job (due to your and JBK possibilities) that, for what others already paid $ 5000.
And maybe little rude because you insist ... but honest!

Ask a Ferrari showroom to sell you car for $5000 that they are not sold in the last year :)

Buy your Red and use :cool:
And how is that different from planet side hunters who have big guns, skills and armour who compete in events. Their investment has increased their chances of hitting it big for sure, but that doesnt come without a price, on top of the prior investment there is still the time and money needed to compete -with zero garuntee of a single morsal at the end!

This is where MA set the parameters which we have all seen in events before, where those who spend a lot have higher chances, but those who can't can still get lucky.

On the one hand you claim its not fair for those who have invested in the game to compete in such an event, yet on the other that it shouldn't be an easy prize to win - make your mind up! :wise:

As for your Ferrari analogy...
Large car manufacturers often use cars as prize give away for marketing purposes.
and this lot http://www.botb.com/ give cars away for profit ;)

No matter what prize is given, a large or big space event is a good idea!
Indeed :)

I have a Quad-Wing Equus and I like it very much, but as prize? :scratch2:

There are still 11 (14th has a bid) Quads for sale and since rules was clear I suppose these should be offered to the players only in this way, if some won't sell MA might offer as a prize but only well far from the sale to not affect who decided to pay for these.

Instead of Quad-Wing Equus I suggest to offer few MS and Privateers as event prizes, since it's never happened so far and since it's time to drop few more ships ingame since it's from space launch the amount is the same.

Related to MS offered as a prize we can't tell it was exactly an unsold ship like Equus might be, since it was purchased from MA official auctions by NEVERDIE using own money, and he decided to offer it as PP in an event.

What about an Equus-Class Mothership with unlimited Warp included and planet landing option... that would be a super prize :)

Last edited:
It cracks me up laughing this thread, and the other Equus thread.

The question I ask myself, is why did MA sell them in the first place, not to mention what they were marketed as. They were just raising a few dollars without impacting the current systems to much. The quads still use L warp.

Maybe they were offering people the opportunity for spouses to buy their loved ones a super duper Christmas present.

The decent thing MA did was to change the interplanetary auction system "before" these red quads were added for sale. So since that happened, what we have is simply a personal sports plane that allows you to steam to planets quicker. Yippee for those rich planet hoppers. Who needs a super fast quad if you can sell across planets at auction, and are prepared to travel slowly with normal quad.

Besides I've never seen a sports car dragging a massive trailer behind it (or looking like a father Christmas sleigh), parked outside Harrods collecting parking tickets, so I think there's some "wishing" going on thinking these could be transporters.

I think MA still want 25 of them in game, so what ever methods they use to get them here, be it prizes or sales they will come.

Pet prizes, space prizes, event prizes....what ever raises peds...lol.

Go for it, as long as it keeps the game going.

Rick

EBN Newsflash - Equus-Class Mothership

An Equus-Class Mothership has been recently spotted in space, no detail about this rare and high-performance vassel has already been released, rumors say it will be offered as space event prize in the near future.

equus-class_ms.jpg

Reactions: Ter
That pic was funny adm.

if there's one thing I've learned from EU over the years, is that everything has a "life span", or more to the point a period of opportunity to recover investment costs.

Once enough time has passed for those that invested to use their brains to get costs back, the game introduces something new or better.

So I would expect that since motherships have been around a few years now, there's a high chance new ships will come with a big space update. Be it mining vessels or possibly other ships.

This is not me making suggestions, it's simply how the game "rolls", it's always been this way in EU.

I look forward to new space content, and if you invest, just make sure you maximise your opportunities in the window of time MA provides.

Roll on game

Rick

Correct, you receive an unlimited NanoWarp Drive I and an unlimited Space Thruster once purchased a Quad-Wing Equus, decay and max TT of NanoWarp Drive is the same of Warp Drive (L)

Back