Unsold Equus Quad event

Nobody calls Ferrari a piece of shit, if he has no money to buy this car. Do not try to offend those people who are able to afford it, just because you're jealous. The fact that you play only one year, and still new in this game, does not justify you.

I have no money.
Ferrari - IS a piece of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, of course :lolup:
<removed>

Sorry, was removed before I did read. You can repeat it in PM or ingame.

Also some question in advance - why you trying to protect so much such beautiful unlimited vehicle?

Let's just mothball the unsold quads and forget this sorry event and consign it to history.

Also some question in advance - why you trying to protect so much such beautiful unlimited vehicle?

Guess or read other topics, try to see the video ... :laugh:

Guess or read other topics, try to see the video ... :laugh:

Wait, I saw video. That video, where is The Warp is shown?

Okay, I know, - it is modern tech now, to show Videos instead of one or two lines of text, because people mostly can't read.

Seems I am too old, since I still accept text normally, but isn't much into videos. It's hard to gather information from a pixels stream.

Is video show a math somewhere, about 50k investment and ROI of it? Or it's just a Gerbalife style promotion - "look, I was fatasholle just a week ago, now I can run faster?"

Reactions: SHY
Wait a sec here? Now you are not new to EU are you? I have to say no due to your sig info here on the forum but still are you new here?

In 5 years we may get this new system. AND the new system my not even have cargo holders as stated above in Developer Notes #10. If you have any questions about this one just ask any hanger owner and they will tell you the full story of it. Q: how many years did we see hangers before space was release?

Wait one minute are you new here? Seriously, because I was hangar owner from VU9, I owned a privateer, I owned one of the most successfully crewd mothership, and I am ingame from 2005.

For one minute I thought you was an expert old time player, but it shouldn't be like that for what you are posting. :scratch2:

You mean, you like to spread bullshit?

No, MA will give me next tower for being I spreading bullshit! :laugh:
But I do not argue - in general all this need to remove, as it is offtopic

Nobody calls Ferrari a piece of shit, if he has no money to buy this car. Do not try to offend those people who are able to afford it, just because you're jealous. The fact that you play only one year, and still new in this game, does not justify you.

First of all I never called Ferrari a piece of shit. I called the Equus quad one. The Equus is NOT a Ferrari.

Where would you get the idea that I've only played for a year? My current avatar is about a year old, take a look at when my forum account was created.

As for offending people cause I'm jealous? That is the funniest shit I've heard. I personally think those quads are not worth the 50k price tag and if I had the PEDs I still wouldn't buy one. Apparently some people do have the PEDs to blow on a rebranded quad that's their business.

Where would you get the idea that I've only played for a year? My current avatar is about a year old, take a look at when my forum account was created.

Here - http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=274508
Perhaps you sweat up to 2014, I do not know ...
Perhaps you've played on forum?
One year - you're noob :)

Edit: or you have a couple of multiple avatars?

and if I had the PEDs I still wouldn't buy one

Which confirms that you are a professional sweater and your opinion means nothing ;)

No, MA will give me next tower for being I spreading bullshit! :laugh:
But I do not argue - in general all this need to remove, as it is offtopic

Sure. When asked for simple math - it's "offtopic and need to remove".

That's right I am a profesional sweater. I think I'm a lvl 2 or 3 in that profession. My original avatar was deleted by MA for several years of inactivity.

Doesn't change the fact that you can't put a coat of paint and some gadgets on a quad and call it a Ferrari.

There will be 25 Equus quads in game. Currently 13 have went through auction, with 2 completed unsold. At that rate, a conservative estimate would be that by the time the 25th is listed, we may see 5 or so unsold.

Ma could either relist them, over and over. The 26th, 27th, 28th... 60th relist of equus quads for many weeks/months/however long until they all sell for their 50k SB. Or, MA could stop at the 25th auction, gather up the few which didn't sell, and do something amazing with them.

I just think that doing something fun, exciting and engaging with the player base, using the unsolds, would be a brilliant option :) Far better than the perpetual re-listing :)

Ma is certainly capable of doing it in such a way that they retain their perceived value :)

I just think that doing something fun, exciting and engaging with the player base, using the unsolds, would be a brilliant option :) Far better than the perpetual re-listing :)

Ma is certainly capable of doing it in such a way that they retain their perceived value :)

A brilliant option - just implement and release promised space feature with missions BEFORE selling UL quads.

A brilliant option - control metal residue not by simple releasing Explosive Projectiles BPs - but also with creating some DEMAND on mining resources.

A brilliant option - do hunting event at ARK BEFORE doing mining event, thus creating DEMAND first and then supply.

There is also many-many brilliant options.

A brilliant option - just implement and release promised space feature with missions BEFORE selling UL quads.

A brilliant option - control metal residue not by simple releasing Explosive Projectiles BPs - but also with creating some DEMAND on mining resources.

A brilliant option - do hunting event at ARK BEFORE doing mining event, thus creating DEMAND first and then supply.

There is also many-many brilliant options.

Indeed, 100% agree.

We were just talking last night how it might have made more sense to have the cargo missions up and running before the equus quads went on sale.

There are many many other ideas wish lists and suggestions out there, each with their own merit, each able to impact and influence another. It would however be a sad day when we the community feel that we can't make a suggestion about the game we love :)

Im pretty sure that a space event to win an equus would generate more PEDs for MA than the original auction price.
it will also kick off some nice space action and might also make some of you land lubbers get up into space and do something different for a change :cool:

Considering we've never had a space event other than a kind of impromptu "kill the mothership" event, I think using these ships as event rewards would be a great way to get the unsold quads out without destroying Gewitter's sensitive feelings on the value of the Equus, and more importantly, get the community excited about space for the first time in the last 3 years (it was exciting for a few months when it was released).

Normal planetary events often have rewards in this price range 2k - 50k, (2k being the value I place on this quad)... and these are not events that cost the winners more than a few thousand ped to participate (depending on how they play ofc). Look at the Ark event starting in a few days, it is giving away a MUCH more valuable prize than this Equus: an Arkadian BLP Mod Merc plus about 10 other items in the 10-50k ped range. Since MA likes to run events that overshadow Ark's events, they might want to start the Space event in 5 days.

Considering we've never had a space event other than a kind of impromptu "kill the mothership" event, I think using these ships as event rewards would be a great way to get the unsold quads out without destroying Gewitter's sensitive feelings on the value of the Equus, and more importantly, get the community excited about space for the first time in the last 3 years (it was exciting for a few months when it was released).

Normal planetary events often have rewards in this price range 2k - 50k, (2k being the value I place on this quad)... and these are not events that cost the winners more than a few thousand ped to participate (depending on how they play ofc). Look at the Ark event starting in a few days, it is giving away a MUCH more valuable prize than this Equus: an Arkadian BLP Mod Merc plus about 10 other items in the 10-50k ped range. Since MA likes to run events that overshadow Ark's events, they might want to start the Space event in 5 days.

Neil, no feelings. Only naked calculation. Quad can not be unprofitable, it can only profit in any use (easiest is VIP warps). Give MM to a fool player and he can easy loose 100k PED in addition to price of MM. Do not compare.

Neil, no feelings. Only naked calculation. Quad can not be unprofitable, it can only profit in any use (easiest is VIP warps). Give MM to a fool player and he can easy loose 100k PED in addition to price of MM. Do not compare.

Hm, well, let's look at those "naked" calculations. I guess you can make ~ 5 ped per flight, so that's like 5 ped per ~ 30 minutes... to recover the cost of your purchase you'd need to work for about 5000 hours. Let's say you have nothing else to do and work 8 hours per day, 5 days a week (16 naked passengers per day, which is an unrealistically high number, having done taxi flights myself for quite a long time before everyone had their own quad). That makes it at minimum in an ideal fairy world, 2 years and 5 months to pay off, working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Practically, since you can't get that many passengers--especially since you're competing with 25 other equus taxi pilots for the same few travelers light enough to use the equus warp--you're going to be working more like 10 years minimum, full time, to pay this investment off. Now you may call that "guaranteed profit" if you wish. So is wandering streets looking for lost change. I call it overpriced investment.

Oh and btw a player can lose a lot of money with the equus... being looted of invisible or visible stacks, scamming, or not charging enough to cover costs, price crashing after MA "fixed" price listings end, etc.

Last edited:
EDIT: I prefeer to keep some data for myself. :)

Hm, well, let's look at those "naked" calculations. I guess you can make ~ 5 ped per flight, so that's like 5 ped per ~ 30 minutes... to recover the cost of your purchase you'd need to work for about 5000 hours. Let's say you have nothing else to do and work 8 hours per day, 5 days a week (16 naked passengers per day, which is an unrealistically high number, having done taxi flights myself for quite a long time before everyone had their own quad). That makes it at minimum in an ideal fairy world, 2 years and 5 months to pay off, working 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Practically, since you can't get that many passengers--especially since you're competing with 25 other equus taxi pilots for the same few travelers light enough to use the equus warp--you're going to be working more like 10 years minimum, full time, to pay this investment off. Now you may call that "guaranteed profit" if you wish. So is wandering streets looking for lost change. I call it overpriced investment.

Oh and btw a player can lose a lot of money with the equus... being looted of invisible or visible stacks, scamming, or not charging enough to cover costs, price crashing after MA "fixed" price listings end, etc.

MM, 100k PED. How many time you need to get a any profit if bad return anywhere? Your losses today is 300 PED, tomorrow 120 PED, and so on... Yes, maybe you will be profit in several days, yes ... but it depends from MA and your brain, or mob choice.
How many days you must hunting, after which you go to sell your MM? :)
After 10k losses or 50k?

Red gives you opportunity to earn atleast ~9 PED/VIP Warp (decay included).
5 VIP per day - 45 PED. More days - more PED. These PED's not depend from MA or loot or other factors.
You are wrong, Neil.

PS Currently I wont offer any VIP service.

You've not been playing the game long enough if you believe that.

You are noob, Neil :cool:
My account was created in Jan-2007, do you want to compare penises? :laugh:

Edit:
My first tower... No EL tracker was these days

20090113-History.jpg

Last edited:
Quad-Wing Equus threads are keeping ending in personal disputes, between owners and who would have seen these beauty placed in auction with SB TT+1 instead of 50k PED.

The sale is not going as MA planned maybe, but still 14/25 Quad have been sold while auctions are still not ended, imho regardless who value less this ship there are enough ready to pay the price to have one, me included, is it so difficult to understand? There are so many items that would be good to have but cost over our will to pay, personally I am happy it happened to Equus, since to have one I am sure I would have been ready to a bid battle too if more interest would have been shown.

An investment... why calling this an investment? recently everything doesn't have an acceptable ROI became shit? Maybe MA introduced too many Deeds that so many players are just using ROI as unit of measure. Time to think we are all here to "waste" more or less money, we still need a job RL to live and to play EU, and we'll ever need, just everyone have own disposal to "waste" money in different ways :D

If any investor with 20-30 CLD in storage was offended it wasn't my intention :yup:

Quad-Wing Equus threads are keeping ending in personal disputes, between owners and who would have seen these beauty placed in auction with SB TT+1 instead of 50k PED.

No, I'm just too caustic with him :)
I play EU about 7 years (I had a year break)
I know that in six months everything can change.
But for personal enjoyment and convenience, I bought this toy because MA gave me for the last 1.5 months about 40K PED profit in mining.
Also, for me (for personal use), the ММ gun is not worth 10K ped, not that 100K :eek: (This is item of expenditure for me), but I would have bought it for half of its market price for reselling :laugh:. This does not mean that someone has estimated the cost of a Red as low as Neil or MM as me.

Last edited:
I bought this toy because MA gave me for the last 1.5 months about 40K PED profit in mining.

Aha, now I know where you got knowledge about "below 1k meters there is less Zinc".

You better not compare penises with anyone, especially with Neil about mining, hehe.

Aha, now I know where you got knowledge about "below 1k meters there is less Zinc".

You better not compare penises with anyone, especially with Neil about mining, hehe.

With you I have nothing to compete, and Neil only use child labor, I know :)
But he is a noob whatever

Back