If you value your account, GET A GOLD CARD!

Hijacker27

Marauder
Society
Crimson Devils
hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
Seriously guys, I don't know how many times this has to be said. If you'd miss any of your gear or you give a damn about your avatar, get a damn gold card. They're only 100 PED if you haven't deposited over 5000 PED, otherwise they're free.

I don't care if you think you have a strong password or think you're an uber computer wiz and think you'll never get hacked. It can happen, and it does. All it takes is for someone to get ahold of your password for your whole avatar to get wiped out by some asshole on the other side of the planet. Keyloggers, man in the middle attacks, even fake EU sites or you using the same password on ANY other site can get your password stolen and used against you. Then BAM all you've worked hard for the past 10 years or whatever is gone and you won't get it back and MA won't do shit about it.

Stop being a dumbass and get a gold card ASAP, so even if someone gets your password, they can't do shit.

Sincerely,

Someone pissed off about friends getting hacked

I agree with this, but MA also needs to come up with a more convenient system too. If a company such as blizzard can successfully implement a app solution for millions of players, then MA should be able to do the same for a much smaller player base. I dont want to drag along my card and reader everywhere I go and then worry about batteries dying when an easier and (arguably) equally effective solution is available.

I bet if they added a phone authentication option (not replace existing GC system but added another verification option) the amount of GC/authentication users would increase by a substantial amount.

You're calling us dumb asses because your friend got hacked.. I see..

I agree with this, but MA also needs to come up with a more convenient system too. If a company such as blizzard can successfully implement a app solution for millions of players, then MA should be able to do the same for a much smaller player base. I dont want to drag along my card and reader everywhere I go and then worry about batteries dying when an easier and (arguably) equally effective solution is available.

I bet if they added a phone authentication option (not replace existing GC system but added another verification option) the amount of GC/authentication users would increase by a substantial amount.

I laughed in real life thinking about MA's current "app."

I agree with you that they SHOULD be able to do such a thing, but if the gold-key app were as effective as their virtual tycoon, we'd be stuck forever waiting for the app to "contact the server."

Authentication over the phone would be nice. +1
An app or a code they send you upon trying to log in.

I laughed in real life thinking about MA's current "app."

I agree with you that they SHOULD be able to do such a thing, but if the gold-key app were as effective as their virtual tycoon, we'd be stuck forever waiting for the app to "contact the server."

I know. :/ Unfortunately that would be the case if they scripted it themselves.

Honestly, google authenticator exists and can be utilized which would save them from re-inventing the wheel. But knowing MA they need to do it their way :/

I have a keyfob from blizzard so :p

I dont want to drag along my card and reader everywhere I go and then worry about batteries dying when an easier and (arguably) equally effective solution is available.
This. Plus, is there even an easy way to deactivate the damn thing? I got my free GC ages ago but only just recently activated. Now, I'm realizing there may be no easy way to deactivate? Probably through support, but that is a hassle.

Sometimes I like to check my auctions at work via Virtual Tycoon, maybe sometimes I have my laptop with me. It's pretty inconvenient having to have my GC with me everywhere I am just to log in in any way, shape or form (including account.entropiauniverse.com). So I have to agree with Hypnotyk.

I have a keyfob from blizzard so :p

Right, you had the option of keyfob or app authentication. I am not saying replace GC, I am saying supplement with a app version (or online website/send text/whatever they see fit).

Like RobBuona, I like to log in on my phone, laptop, at my friends house, etc. With a GC you need to carry all this crap around, when instead I should be able to do this from my phone (or website).

Right, you had the option of keyfob or app authentication. I am not saying replace GC, I am saying supplement with a app version (or online website/send text/whatever they see fit).

Like RobBuona, I like to log in on my phone, laptop, at my friends house, etc. With a GC you need to carry all this crap around, when instead I should be able to do this from my phone (or website).

You are wearing/carrying clothes.
Carrying a Phone?
Carrying a laptop to take it to a friends house?
A wallet incl money... creditcards/// etc?
Keys to open doors (of car)?
Maybe a bag to take it with you?

And a card with the size of a creditcard and the cardreader seem to be a problem? :eyecrazy:

you can also use the card in any EU reader so if your going somewhere to play EU im assuming that there will be a card reader there that you can use , in which case you dont even need to carry your own reader .

Carrying a Phone?
Carrying a laptop to take it to a friends house?
A wallet incl money... creditcards/// etc?
Keys to open doors (of car)?
Maybe a bag to take it with you?

And a card with the size of a creditcard and the cardreader seem to be a problem? :eyecrazy:

My car keys have only the chip to my car, my door key and my garage opener for my apartment complex. I really dont want to carry a reader with it. Also, my wallet has the cards I need. When playing at home, my wallet and keys are not near me when I play, but my phone is. That means walking across the apartment to get my stuff. So then you might say leave the card reader and card at the desk, but that means i need to remember to bring it along whenever I leave the house in case I want to log in elsewhere.

Point being, the GC is a good and solid option that we have, but it is not a solution for everyone. That is why many players (myself included) would like an app option so we too can be secure, but not tied down to a card and a reader that can get damaged/lost/stolen/run out of batteries. Apps can be easily installed on another device, GC and readers you have to wait over a week to get if you live across seas from MA.

Once again, not trying to get rid of GC/readers, just trying to get another option for account validation.

Reactions: SHY
My car keys have only the chip to my car, my door key and my garage opener for my apartment complex. I really dont want to carry a reader with it. Also, my wallet has the cards I need. When playing at home, my wallet and keys are not near me when I play, but my phone is. That means walking across the apartment to get my stuff. So then you might say leave the card reader and card at the desk, but that means i need to remember to bring it along whenever I leave the house in case I want to log in elsewhere.

Point being, the GC is a good and solid option that we have, but it is not a solution for everyone. That is why many players (myself included) would like an app option so we too can be secure, but not tied down to a card and a reader that can get damaged/lost/stolen/run out of batteries. Apps can be easily installed on another device, GC and readers you have to wait over a week to get if you live across seas from MA.

Once again, not trying to get rid of GC/readers, just trying to get another option for account validation.

How do you pee? Sorry bad joke :laugh:

Thanks for clarifying...
For me the GoldCard system is okay.
If i need it somewhere else i just carry it along.. but i guess thats just me. :)

How do you pee? Sorry bad joke :laugh:

Thanks for clarifying...
For me the GoldCard system is okay.
If i need it somewhere else i just carry it along.. but i guess thats just me. :)
Bottom line: account security should be a feature, not an inconvenience. For you SHY, the current option is not inconvenient. But some find it to be.

Bottom line: account security should be a feature, not an inconvenience. For you SHY, the current option is not inconvenient. But some find it to be.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhm and where did i say something else? :confused:

Bump for visibility

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhm and where did i say something else? :confused:
You said it's not a big deal to carry your gold card around. The point is, for some people it is. Everyone is different!

It shouldn't be easy, it should be hard. (A pain) ;)

The choice is yours and I think there are other things MA can focus on rather then making it easier for people to log into their accounts.

Just my opinion of course and I have been to a few LAN parties with my reader in tow. :)

Gold card 1 hacker 0. :yup:

You Forgot the makeup and other Girls Necessities ;)

Got 10k Ped + in inventory ($1000) and cant justify a 200 ped Gold Card ($20)

Well, fingers crossed eh? :rolleyes:

Get one. No reason not to.

it feels very uncomfortable for me to use condom when i whore around, so i don't...

GC BUMP

Do these people also leave their house door unlocked when they go out, because it's too much hassle to carry keys?

Exactly. Plus Rep.

The argument that the "inconvenience" having an extra card to carry for EU is not worth the hassle is just plain dumb. It's like having a debit card for the ATM without a PIN number..."UGHHH! The thought of having to press MORE BUTTONS just to GET CASH! I HATE IT! MAKE IT MORE CONVENIENT!"

Get a damn gold card. That 'inconvenience' won't be as bad as coming onto forum (or too ashamed to) and whining that you got hacked.

We need a Gold Card phone app. A physical device is so ancient! How hard is it to make a phone app? International banks have secure phone apps why can't MindArk keep our accounts secure. My Gold card reader reminds me of a digital watch I had when I was 8.

We need a Gold Card phone app. A physical device is so ancient! How hard is it to make a phone app? International banks have secure phone apps why can't MindArk keep our accounts secure. My Gold card reader reminds me of a digital watch I had when I was 8.

Phone/touch pad can get hacked.. Just get a Gold card..:wise:

Seriously guys, I don't know how many times this has to be said. If you'd miss any of your gear or you give a damn about your avatar, get a damn gold card. They're only 100 PED if you haven't deposited over 5000 PED, otherwise they're free..............

Stop being a dumbass and get a gold card ASAP, so even if someone gets your password, they can't do shit.

Sincerely,

Someone pissed off about friends getting hacked

They are 200 ped, need a reader to ya know :D.

But yes get one if your account holds more than you willing to lose.

Back