Dmatrix was hacked

Thought i would give you guys an update of awsome work of the Entropia Universe support staff. I have been as patient as i possibly can be after my hacking incident. Yes it was my fault that i did not have a GC at the time and technically MA owes me nothing and have no responsibility to help me in anyway if they choose so and i fully understand this.

Honestly i didnt expect any help so when i got a message back from support saying they are willing to help me recover my stolen items i told myself, dont get excited untill something actually gets done.

Fast forward 95 days. I have asked 5 times over last 3 months for a simple update that my case is still simply being looked and/or worked on (Ofcourse i realize this will take time to sort out and go through all the logs, but just asking if this is still being worked on and if any progress is being made.) and i have been completely ignored by the support staff.

Ignored to a point that everytime i asked for an update, my ticket was never even looked at because the "Updated" time on the ticket never changed from the last time i asked for an update, untill the next time i asked for an update, meaning they did not even look at my ticket.

Again to clarify, yes MA doesnt owe it to me to help me recover anything that was stolen from me and i realize this. But to tell me, they will help me recover what is roughly $2000 worth of stolen virtual goods, only to choose to completely ignore me afterwards for what has now been 95 days, is a pretty shitty thing to do. I know this recovery process takes time, but 3 months of silence, everytime i simply asked for an update...

This is why i told myself to not get excited when i was told that they will be able to help me recover my stuff.

Ladies and gentlemen, your Entropia Universe support staff......

Some screenshots of support telling me they will be able to help recover my stuff, and then me asking for updates over the last 3 months without any kind of response if anyone interested to see.

support_response.jpg

support2.jpg

108 days now since last support reply........

108 days now since last support reply........

At least you got some replies.
I have SC with few bumps and not a single reply for 6 months now.... it's truly disgusting way to treat paying customers.

thought i would give you guys an update of awsome work of the entropia universe support staff. I have been as patient as i possibly can be after my hacking incident. Yes it was my fault that i did not have a gc at the time and technically ma owes me nothing and have no responsibility to help me in anyway if they choose so and i fully understand this.

Honestly i didnt expect any help so when i got a message back from support saying they are willing to help me recover my stolen items i told myself, dont get excited untill something actually gets done.

Fast forward 95 days. I have asked 5 times over last 3 months for a simple update that my case is still simply being looked and/or worked on (ofcourse i realize this will take time to sort out and go through all the logs, but just asking if this is still being worked on and if any progress is being made.) and i have been completely ignored by the support staff.

Ignored to a point that everytime i asked for an update, my ticket was never even looked at because the "updated" time on the ticket never changed from the last time i asked for an update, untill the next time i asked for an update, meaning they did not even look at my ticket.

Again to clarify, yes ma doesnt owe it to me to help me recover anything that was stolen from me and i realize this. But to tell me, they will help me recover what is roughly $2000 worth of stolen virtual goods, only to choose to completely ignore me afterwards for what has now been 95 days, is a pretty shitty thing to do. I know this recovery process takes time, but 3 months of silence, everytime i simply asked for an update...

This is why i told myself to not get excited when i was told that they will be able to help me recover my stuff.

Ladies and gentlemen, your entropia universe support staff......

Some screenshots of support telling me they will be able to help recover my stuff, and then me asking for updates over the last 3 months without any kind of response if anyone interested to see.

support_response.jpg

support2.jpg

128 days now since last response. Still waiting

I can see that you wrote " Please take as much time as needed to sort this out ".
:jawdrop:

I can see that you wrote " Please take as much time as needed to sort this out ".
:jawdrop:

That doesn't mean ignore me for 4 months when I simply asked for an update to make sure it is still being worked on....:scratch2:

Hello everyone!
I was reading this post and just could not resist to post my reply on this..

First of all I'm sorry for your loss Dmatrix, but I hope you will get your items back eventually - think positive!

We can speculate on things how your account was breached, but one thing is for sure - first step to do is to create a safe password. I work in a non banking company that has rights to emit MasterCard cc cards- I work in risk and compliance department and deal with all kinds of fraud on a daily basis...but that thing aside I could give maybe a little advice for others to prevent your account from being compromised. When we communicate between staff or Banks we use encrypted messaging which means that text you write is changed to complete gibberish for example - DonnieDarko when encrypted looks like 06e5fa096a0d3886b3257248330865eaa329ceaf.

Since everyone's account security begins with secure password my advice would be - encrypt your password!
Just search Google for "sha 1 encoding" and you should find a page to do that. You can chose from drop down menu dozens of encryption formats like sha-1, ghost, snefru, whirpool etc.

I know that wouldn't help you to much but it might help others !
Hope you will get your items back soon!

Best regards
Donnie Dr.Greenthumb Darko

Thought i would give you guys an update of awsome work of the Entropia Universe support staff. I have been as patient as i possibly can be after my hacking incident. Yes it was my fault that i did not have a GC at the time and technically MA owes me nothing and have no responsibility to help me in anyway if they choose so and i fully understand this.

Fast forward 95 days. I have asked 5 times over last 3 months for a simple update that my case is still simply being looked and/or worked on (Ofcourse i realize this will take time to sort out and go through all the logs, but just asking if this is still being worked on and if any progress is being made.) and i have been completely ignored by the support staff.

Ignored to a point that everytime i asked for an update, my ticket was never even looked at because the "Updated" time on the ticket never changed from the last time i asked for an update, untill the next time i asked for an update, meaning they did not even look at my ticket.

Again to clarify, yes MA doesnt owe it to me to help me recover anything that was stolen from me and i realize this. But to tell me, they will help me recover what is roughly $2000 worth of stolen virtual goods, only to choose to completely ignore me afterwards for what has now been 95 days, is a pretty shitty thing to do. I know this recovery process takes time, but 3 months of silence, everytime i simply asked for an update...

Ladies and gentlemen, your Entropia Universe support staff......

support_response.jpg

support2.jpg

Hello fellow entropians,

Just thought i would gives this a bump and another update on the progress of my support case, or more approprietly lack there of....

I opened another support ticket incase they just simply forgot about my main support case, and quickly got a reply on the same day, and the ticket was closed.

support_reply.jpg

I thought ok cool, maybe ill finally get somekind of response to my main ticket.
2 Months later no update of any kind so i asked if theres any progress...Nothing

Another 3 months later i just asked for any kind of an update..... Wonder if they guy who answered my secondary ticket even did anything.... Awsome support is awsome!!

eusupport10months.jpg

Love for the game is surely fading....

I truly believe that the support staff are answering you earlier with intentions of solving the issue sometime, but he might not be handed the time to do it. Maybe its a job he puts in "where time allows" making it hard to give an estimate on it.

From a customers point of view, i do not think that the treatment you're recieving is good enough. So i am only defending the helpless staff member, but not the company as a whole.

Your case might never be completed, but i really hope it does. You should consider calling them and demand some answers from whoever is capable of doing anything about it, dont take a "send us a ticket about it" for an answer.

How about - and I know this may sound radical ! Picking up the telephone and asking to speak to the CEO - it often works wonders !

In all due honesty you're already having a special threatment.
For the cases i know of ppl that got hacked without Gold Card, they wouldnt do a thing about them because it was the players own fault to not protect his account with gold card after having a certain value on it.
Support does take long at times, but might be effective

support_reply.jpg

[Anticipated Revenue Gain from new ComPet Players] > [Anticipated Revenue Loss from lost Unhappy Current Players]

It's basic math.

That is a very, very long time. If MA currently have no control over the in-game transactions, I feel at least their owners need to know that.

My thoughts

After reading all 25 pages of this travesty, I must add a point that I feel has been neglected.
I was surprised at the lack of understanding of many of the responses.
Being robbed is being robbed, whether it is in RL or in a virtual world.
MA should have Zero tolerance for thieves & con artists, redirecting blame to the victim is not proper.

I am a Gold card user & wanted one ASAP, before I put too much money into the game.
I wanted that extra layer of protection. (this is the first & only game I play online)
But I do feel that it is a bit like telling someone whose home was robbed, well, you should have had a burglar alarm, it isn't enough to lock your doors. (But it should be) (& the thieves should be punished.)

I would guess that the less sympathetic responders have never had the experience of having been hacked
or robbed in RL. (It is an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy) My sympathies to Dmatrix & others...

In conclusion, if MA is going to place Blame on the Victims for not having a Gold card, then They have a Responsibility to alert the depositor Repeatedly of that security option & make it easy to obtain for free. :wise:

Back