Dmatrix was hacked

Dmatrix

Stalker
Society
Crimson Devils
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
Hey guys. Unfortunately my avatar "Dmatrix" was hacked last night. I did not have a gold card, i know im a dumb ass for that but if that is the only way to keep my account safe, why is that an option and not requirement when people create an account? I never really looked into it frankly because i didnt even know exactly what it does because it was never thrown in my face when i started the game like hey this game is NOT SAFE unless you have a gold card. Although according to their TOS you are still not 100% safe even with a gold card for those who are wondering, since i have read over that shit.

I had ALOT of shit stolen from me and likely TTed and then peds traded to another avatar, because some of my most prized posessions are all still on my account, likely because they are either attachments or had attachments so could not be sold to TT without removing things first. Such as my arson chip/mod evil/adjusted plates/couple of SS armor pieces. My AH is also still full of items. It is quiet obvious the hacker had zero knowledge of this game whatsoever. Most stuff that is gone are things from storage and easily TTable items, i also had a chat box open with a person i have never spoken with, with this in chat:
<removed>

Couple of very important things to keep in mind, especially for those of you guys who currently do not have gold cards:

Last night when i was in the MM instance with our team, i suddenly started to get multiple disconnects and when i was coming back online and in team i would often get kicked out of the team randomly and disconnected shortly after again. I then got replaced on the MM team, however i had many more disconnects over the next few hours and when i joined a team with another person i still kept randomly getting kicked out of the team and getting disconnected shortly after. The point of all this information is it seems very likely to me all these disconnects that were happening because someone else kept trying to log into my account. I have never had 20+ disconnects before in a period of only 3 hrs or so, i just tossed it up to shitty MAs servers or whatever. But before this occurance i would get a DC maybe 1-2 times in a full day of playing. So guys learn from my mistake and get a gold card but also if you see some weird shit happening like all of a sudden many disconnects and randomly getting kicked out of team alot, change your password, maybe it will save you from getting hacked.

Lastly, unless MA restores my items, though obviously i have high doubts about that, i may be selling out. Eventhough i have all my expensive items still, in my mind now this is NO LONGER a safe environment for my money even if i get a gold card, so there is no way i can bring myself to make a depo. And it is gonna be nearly impossible to do much in game with what few things i have on AH, most of my cyclable PEDs are gone.

Happy fucking new year to me i guess

Here is some new info i feel needs to be shared, as i was thinking of possibly everything that may help:

* I have never used a virtual tycoon app/nor have i ever downloaded it.

* I have never clicked on a link to a website that sells cheap ped, i guess they advertise that on rookie channel? I never have rookie chat open so i have not seen that.

* I have used a website to make a couple ped when i first started, but this was over a year ago. Where you watched a videos or whatever, i think its a webiste many people have used, i cant even remember the name though. My password was different on that site than my log in in game.

* I have never had another person play my account or ever shared my password.

* I do have a a yahoo email that is attached to my EU account but the password is not the same, however it is an old email and i do get alot of junk mail in it, some said these are often attempted to hack?

* ONE MORE IMPORTANT ONE, something i just remembered when i presumably was being hacked. When i was getting many DCs all of a sudden. I play in windowed mode, and after 2 of my DCs i noticed something odd, the size of my window i usually play in was changed after i relogged or crashed(cant remember) twice. This has never happened before and seemed very unusual. As in the actual window resolution was changed.

This is what was typed from my account to another person though a PM, since the name was removed from my original post. NO NEED to remove what was said though:

Shì wǒ (是我) - Its me

Rén ne (人呢) - Where's the person? But can also mean where are you?

Last edited:
Looks like your hacker is from South Africa

Hmm...

For people without gold cards, who I assume has ordered them now: There are graphic accelerators which automatically causes EU to lock your account. If you suspect anything, run such a software and get your account locked. Contact support and get it unlocked at a later point.

Sorry to hear OP!

I have been playing on and off since february 2004, i did get a gold card within the first few months from when i started and i have ofc never been hacked, with goldcard you are as secure as your bankaccount with similar validation so saying its not even secure with gold card is bullshit.

I cant even feel sorry for you.
1. Everyone knows there are a risk beeing hacked if you dont have gold card.
2. <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn really sorry about what happened...
Seems Entropia became a serious target for these scumbags.
Accounts being hacked atm and advertising (could call it spamming) on the rookie-channel to visit shady websites to buy cheap peds.

Like the OP said: GET THAT DAMN GOLDCARD!!

sorry that happened! had to learn that lesson the hard way too, way back when.

but at least they just tted it so you can get it all back for 1000 ped. the silver lining and all that. it still freaking sucks!

whats that program called? I always wondered how I would lock my account if something fishy was going on.

Regards
Thark

co indicidence that this has started happening a lot since that website has been spamming in rookie ?

So how much was your total loss?
Write support case so MA can lock the hacker account.
Who is to blame? You and hacker.
Why? Clearly you made some mistake which lead hacker to have your password. Gold card is just extra MA offers for ppl who dont believe they can protect themselves from hackers.

yes it sucks to be hacked like this, but really i see you have used this forum before and every single time there is hacking thread someone mentions the gold card.. surely you must have seen those posts.

Get yourself a gold card and take this as a lesson, that no matter how smart you think you are, there are hackers who are even smarter.

(btw checked both names and neither of them has traded with me, so none of your items on me)

co indicidence that this has started happening a lot since that website has been spamming in rookie ?

It is likely these types of people doing the hacking. That's how they are able to afford to sell peds so cheaply. It's not theirs to begin with and are just looking for easy peds (tting the storage and items instead of trying to get markup or full value)

For people without gold cards, who I assume has ordered them now: There are graphic accelerators which automatically causes EU to lock your account. If you suspect anything, run such a software and get your account locked. Contact support and get it unlocked at a later point.

How would you get in your account when you're hacked and the hacker is emptying your account :? Don't see how running a program will help at that point ...

If you do have a way to do this, then perhaps answer toad's question: 'what is the name of that program?'
I would be very careful with programs like that (it wouldn't surprise me some ppl get hacked that way).

Accounts that are worth more then 1000 PED and dont have a gold card is just dumb imho. Yours is worth faaar more.

Really cant be sorry for you. Go buy one already :)
GL getting things back

uhh that sucks...
i feel sorry for you..

why is that an option and not requirement when people create an account? I never really looked into it frankly because i didnt even know exactly what it does because it was never thrown in my face when i started the game like hey this game is NOT SAFE unless you have a gold card.

you can't really say that...
you can get hacked on everything you do, everywhere you have account..it has nothing to do with MA, nothing to do with EU..
its just that eu is a good target because you can steal real cash..
let me tell you something ... nothing is safe...even the money you carry in your pocket..

you should ask yourself why and how you got hacked in first place..(how someone got your login details)..

did you download something lately which could be bad? did you surf some fishy sites lately? do you use your eu login and pw somewhere else?
you can prevent alot of such problems by just being very very careful with internet etc..
keep that in mind in future and be more careful..

get antivirus software and scan your computer

..and get that goldcard

Last edited:
uhh that sucks...
i feel sorry for you..

you can't really say that...
you can get hacked on everything you do, everywhere you have account..it has nothing to do with MA, nothing to do with EU..
its just that eu is a good target because you can steal real cash..

you should ask yourself why and how you got hacked in first place..(how someone got your login details)..

did you download something lately which could be bad? did you surf some fishy sites lately? do you use your eu login and pw somewhere else?
you can prevent alot of such problems by just being very very careful with internet etc..
keep that in mind in future and be more careful..

get antivirus software and scan your computer

..and get that goldcard

I wasnt blaming Mind Ark/EU in anyway. Obviously it is not their fault that i got hacked, im just stating the obvious about a gold card. It is shown as an option on their site and not really as a must have as you create your account thats all i was saying.

I did not have a gold card, i know im a dumb ass for that but if that is the only way to keep my account safe, why is that an option and not requirement when people create an account?

Because card readers, cards and shipping worldwide cost money, and only when your account is worth a 'certain amount' is it worth getting one. It's not worth getting one when you first start playing because Entropia might not be for you and you may quit.

I think you used to get a reminder either by email or some other method when your account was worth 500 ped. I cant remember exactly when, I received mine in 2008, and I slept much easier after that.

I feel sorry for your loss, I hope you've raised a support case to get it locked whilst you do get a gold card, otherwise more could go missing. :(

I wasnt blaming Mind Ark/EU in anyway. Obviously it is not their fault that i got hacked, im just stating the obvious about a gold card. It is shown as an option on their site and not really as a must have as you create your account thats all i was saying.

My bank has internet/mobile access (like pretty much all of them these day ofc), and offer customers a security token for extra protection.
Like an EU Gold Card, it's a safe precaution that most would want to use when accessing their accounts online.
BUT it's not absolutely required to have one.

And that's a financial institution.

1st...sry to hear this OP...I really do...:(

2nd...GC is a must everyone should know that, however sry for hijacking your thread here OP but...downside with GC is if you kill a mob and get d/c...this happens to me quite often...you have like a 2-3 min window, to get your toon up and running again...I never fix tis shit i.e. I get "your toon is already logged in" or "error 72"...or "_____" and when I finally get back in...mob disappeared...so this "loot-rule" should be removed for GC owners as a well bonus for getting a GC...just needed to get that of my chest as it just happened...again...sry...

I've sent two suggestions to support related to this in the recent past:

1) Allow Google Authenticator or some service like that as an option for Two-Factor Authentication.
2) Allow an option for an e-mail notification when you log in.

I have a gold card and hate it. I travel a lot and have to carry my gold card with me where ever I may play. It's a pain in the butt and my gold card/reader get beat up pretty bad from the miles on them.

Anything that only have a password as security is not totally safe, so why are you surprised? Don't blame MA, they actually should have credit for having the Gold Card solution for us. But sad news anyway, would be interesting to know how they did come over the passwords or passwords if more are hacked.

I've sent two suggestions to support related to this in the recent past:

1) Allow Google Authenticator or some service like that as an option for Two-Factor Authentication.
2) Allow an option for an e-mail notification when you log in.

I have a gold card and hate it. I travel a lot and have to carry my gold card with me where ever I may play. It's a pain in the butt and my gold card/reader get beat up pretty bad from the miles on them.

I wonder if they could make some apps for Iphone and Android that could work as "virtual Gold Cards" and be used instead of the Card readers. Some banks offers that solution.

How would you get in your account when you're hacked and the hacker is emptying your account :? Don't see how running a program will help at that point ...

If you do have a way to do this, then perhaps answer toad's question: 'what is the name of that program?'
I would be very careful with programs like that (it wouldn't surprise me some ppl get hacked that way).

I said if you suspect something. Running those programs instantly locks your account. I do not recall the name of any right now as I don't use them myself, but can look it up as there recently was an incident where a member of this forum got his account locked due to such software.

That would help, since your account cannot be logged into anymore. If it already is empty it will not help.

As far as toads question goes, I cannot find it!? Was it deleted?

Here is the thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ing-program&highlight=account+locked+graphics

Damn Dmatrix. sorry to hear that you got hit too. Guess it's time for me to get my free GC finally then.

Does anyone know what the activation process is on them? Not sure if MA automatically sets you to having it and needing it to log in once you request it (thereby locking your account until you receive it) or if there is an activation process to follow once you get it from them.

Damn Dmatrix. sorry to hear that you got hit too. Guess it's time for me to get my free GC finally then.

Does anyone know what the activation process is on them? Not sure if MA automatically sets you to having it and needing it to log in once you request it (thereby locking your account until you receive it) or if there is an activation process to follow once you get it from them.

I activated mine when it dropped through the letterbox (took about a week iirc), until then I was able to log in as normal.

^^^ THIS, for fucks sake forum mods!

You posted the content of a private chat message with another player who you named, that you allege was involved.

For all you know, that player may have had no part whatever in the hacking of your account, or involved in any trade of your avatar. Only MindArk can tell if they had any more involvement than being a random innocent bystander that showed up as 'nearby' on your friends list, and was PMd by the hacker to muddy the waters a bit.

I highly recommend you include that information in your support case, so MA can check it out.
But posting such an accusation here? No, that's not on.

You posted the content of a private chat message with another player who you named, that you allege was involved.

For all you know, that player may have had no part whatever in the hacking of your account, or involved in any trade of your avatar. Only MindArk can tell if they had any more involvement than being a random innocent bystander that showed up as 'nearby' on your friends list, and was PMd by the hacker to muddy the waters a bit.

I highly recommend you include that information in your support case, so MA can check it out.

Why do you have to make so much sense :p

We want to see the part the person using his avatar typed!!!! or the part the other person typed...we dont need names...

If I recall correctly there was a campaign by MA at some point in the past where if you had depo a certain amount you were eligible to get the gold card for free. Pretty sure that's how I came to have mine....

To say that there just isn't enough warnings/info about it, is just trying to pass the buck. The tools to protect yourself and your account are all there. If you choose not to use them, that is your own fault and nobody elses.

We want to see the part the person using his avatar typed!!!! or the part the other person typed...we dont need names...

According to Google Translate, the first word might be South African.
And the 2nd word pair (sent by the same person) might be Norwegian.
Or maybe just a handful of random letters each time.

Do you seriously think a hacker would post exactly the same thing every time?
Because that's the only way this particular information could be in anyway useful to anyone not directly involved in the investigation, or in preventing a hacking attempt on another avatar.

If I recall correctly there was a campaign by MA at some point in the past where if you had depo a certain amount you were eligible to get the gold card for free. ..

That offer is still around and is available here: Free Gold Card Offer

Kinda surprised you did not go for gold card. For me, that offer despite my much bigger deposits did not work and I did not want to waste a day on it and paid for it out of my pocket the day my first deposit hit EU.

While i agree with Serica that naming can be wrong here, my logic says that the avatar you mentioned needs a thorough check up by MA. The reason being you have mentioned those guys do not know much about EU or how the interface works. So what "might" have happened is when that guy was traded from your account, the chat opened up automatically as it does for any trade. So yes, despite forum rules make sure MA know to double check that avatar.

And be safe, get a gold card.

PS : I don't get why the words were removed. Name of avatar i can understand but not what was said.

Last edited:
That's why I think I caught them in the act luckily....

The only luck was that they did not know about how EU works. They stripped you off everything they could find and storage they are probably not even aware of.

Edit : On second thoughts, if they knew how to teleport to another location, that would mean they do know a bit about EU. So maybe u did get lucky.

Back