Quickest way to get a Panther from 0 to L7

Arrun

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Arrun de Warsash
So, here's the thing. I bought a Panther thinking it would be a cool accessory (yes, I know, a Panther is for life, not just for Christmas) only to find out later I would have to go to RT to 'collect' it - not only that, it could only ever be spawned on RT until it was at L7.

Now, RT is not my favourite place so, my dears, what is the quickest way to level up said Panther (I'm brushing it, feeding it making it do tricks and basically letting it run round with me) to allow me to head home to Arkadia with it?

Quickest - buy a panther lvl 7.
Slow but cheaper - Afk craft explosive I on RT and have a timer so it goes of when the focus of your pet reaches 100% focus then use the highest trick it can currently do.

This is the most efficient way of leveling a pet. The less focus your pet has the less exp it gains. Also your pet gains exp by just being out. Hence crafting afk with a timer.. while watching movies is the way to go.

If your pet has over 75% affection you can buy the 10% skill boost for 24h from RT stable.

Quickest - buy a panther lvl 7.
Slow but cheaper - Afk craft explosive I on RT and have a timer so it goes of when the focus of your pet reaches 100% focus then use the highest trick it can currently do.

This is the most efficient way of leveling a pet. The less focus your pet has the less exp it gains. Also your pet gains exp by just being out. Hence crafting afk with a timer.. while watching movies is the way to go.

If your pet has over 75% affection you can buy the 10% skill boost for 24h from RT stable.

Actually, the most efficient way is to feed the bugger spawn it and leave it. It will naturally level by itself while spawned at the cheapest way. Albiet really really slowly, many many many many hours to get to level 7, around 30 at a guess. Tamlin did a thread on it here somewhere

The quickest and most expensive is to spawn it and do the highest tricks it can do continously. You will get to level 7 in an evening, but you will also probably go through around 200 peds of nutrino bars

Rgds

Ace

Everyone so far that's posted is slightly wrong. The cheapest (and faster than leaving it) is using dance while focus is 99% or higher. It takes roughly 4 minutes or 8 'ticks' on the focus regenerator for focus to regen after each dance trick. That gives more xp per ped than just leaving it out. It takes just under 30 hours.

Also brushing it isn't worth it. It would be quicker getting affection to 75% but it's more epensive than just letting it get there naturally. Definitely no point brushing after 75% affection though.

Everyone so far that's posted is slightly wrong. The cheapest (and faster than leaving it) is using dance while focus is 99% or higher. It takes roughly 4 minutes or 8 'ticks' on the focus regenerator for focus to regen after each dance trick. That gives more xp per ped than just leaving it out. It takes just under 30 hours.

Im gonna test that tonight :)

Rgds

Ace

You could, although tamlin already has :p

Hehe yeah, just watched a friend of mine do the tests, and of course you are correct, the second trick is the cheapest way to skill up a pet at 99 to 100% focus.

I happily stand corrected :yay:

Rgds

Ace

Also brushing it isn't worth it. It would be quicker getting affection to 75% but it's more epensive than just letting it get there naturally. Definitely no point brushing after 75% affection though.

:wise: and concise

Woohoo - L5 already!! :D

Thank You very much for this insight and to the OP for raising the question in the first place because my feelings about RT are the same. My avatar is only 3 years old so it grew up hearing all about old school taming and tbh I was always like "so what". Once taming was reintroduced, I was curious so I had a go. I started on Caly with a bristlehog which is now level 8 and I have named him "Hedges". I was on Cyrene last week and got m Arret to level 6 but had to come back to Caly so I am keen to get back to Cyrene to get him to Level 7. My Nusul is only level 2 and I have not spent much time on Ark recently but I often spend a couple of weeks at a time there so I know I will easily get him to level 7. I think the panther is the coolest looking pet and I really want to train one up to level 7 so I can take it with me to hunt the cats on Ark but I just dont fancy spending any extended time on RT - so this post shows the cheapest / quickest way to do this.

The only pet I am not to keen on is the tab tab which seems a bit pointless so Toulan will get a miss. My son's avatar got me an ancient exarosaur for Christmas (he knows I like hunting the LT's) so I have been training him the last couple of days, should reach level 4 this evening. I have to admit that I have changed my original opinion about pets and I love the whole taming thing now.

L6 - c'mon!!

It took me 4 1/2 hours to get my Panther from tamed to lvl 7. No idea of nutrio costs but I wasn't bothered as I just wanted to leave RT asap :D

Thought I'd do some timings just to give an idea of how long the leveling up takes. There was no plan to get this done as efficiently as possible behind this, rather I had my personal lappy on at the same time as my work one and popped from one to the other when I could - hence me putting the timings in

#TricksXP inc from tricksXP after tricksFocus after tricks'Rest' period in minsXP inc whilst restingXP after restFocus after restToD tricks doneComment
3510011:57L5 @ 35%
3641713344510012:30
3651683535410013:05
3660525666610014:01
3571696777810015:08
3583693948710015:47
3592543849610016:25
36254413510017:06L6 @ 2%
3611694441510017:50
3520506062610018:50

So, that's where we're at right now, a quick visual shows XP is currently at 37% - would be nice to get done tonight, but reckon it will be tomorrow.

Bought 10ped of nutrio bars, currently got around 6 ped left

ok, now at around level 6.72 - will leave it running for a while but that's enough activity for me. Start work again in a shade over 7 hours so time for some shut-eye.

Will leave myself logged, may just get some 'free' XP increases then go for the magical L7 tomorrow.....

....then I can leave this parody of a place

Thought I'd do some timings just to give an idea of how long the leveling up takes...

In your chart. You've just used the level percentage on display, haven't you? Would have been much more accurate to use the xp on the info page. It has much more of an accurate correlation to the tricks done and time waited. tamlin worked out the formula relationship between the two as well. It's in one of his threads in the pet section. You might find it worth reading.

Back