Half the mobs body disappears.

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
While I am hunting, occasionally the top half of a mobs body will disappear, rendering it unhittable with anything except a rocket.

I am sick of wasting peds because of this. The mobs did it halfway though and arkas key, and I couldn't continue because I don't have that many rockets and lost half of a 180 tt key.

Someone please tell me how to fix this!

The pics are from ark and toulan, but it happens everywhere...sometimes i can shoot them, like the scoria pic shows, but most of the time i cant.

print_screen_2014-11-16_10-48-8.jpg
print_screen_2014-11-11_13-12-14.jpg
print_screen_2015-01-07_18-55-10.jpg

Last edited:
While I am hunting, occasionally the top half of a mobs body will disappear, rendering it unhittable with anything except a rocket.

My guess if out-of-memory on the client. Tried reloggning (well maybe not the best to do inside an instance) or switching to safe mode?

my wife and I both play. I am on desktop with better machine, she is on laptop that is decent for EU but it happens often for her, and almost never for me. Her machine crashes sometimes with out of memory errors

cool fire

Relog does fix it, but unfortunately, that boots you from the instance :(

it seems to happen when my comp is being taxxed more (like the fan is working harder etc)

All drivers are up to date WIndows 8 64, but running in 32...have 749 GB free of 916 GB on the hard drive ...16GB RAM

I get the same thing. Jumping in Helicopter and moving your view around the mob restores then select mob hop out, equip weapon and hit auto-use tool. The mob goes back to how it was but if you don't move and let auto-use shoot you can most times finish mob. Repeat until mob is dead if it stops working to damage mob.:rolleyes:

I get this on lots of mobs on Calypso and a few on Arkadia.:dunce:

lol noob.. just manual aim to the legs..

Doesn't work on some mobs.:wise: You can't target without using next target and it still does no damage. Most you can damage still but can't use auto-use tool since you start aiming straight up in the air and turning in circles.:dunce:

I've seen this on some Caly mobs (the front half disappearing), but I've never had a problem with hitting. I've hunted pretty much shinkiba for the last couple of months, and shooting at the half that still appears resulted in hits, so maybe people should post what mobs don't work for them when they half disappear so others are aware.

lol noob.. just manual aim to the legs..

I've seen this on some Caly mobs (the front half disappearing), but I've never had a problem with hitting. I've hunted pretty much shinkiba for the last couple of months, and shooting at the half that still appears resulted in hits, so maybe people should post what mobs don't work for them when they half disappear so others are aware.

The same mob can be variable...sometimes when it is half, you can hit it, sometimes you cant no matter what you do.

And tyk, you better be fn kidding dude. I tried EVERY possible option in the entire world over the last 6 months to try to get the unhittable ones... I have tried EVERY possible setting, and clicked on and off every option in the game. Some are NOT hittable no matter what you do :)

I will try Tal's idea (thank you for that!) when in a place I can spawn a sleip, but in some areas I am still screwed I guess :(

Doesn't work on some mobs.:wise: You can't target without using next target and it still does no damage. Most you can damage still but can't use auto-use tool since you start aiming straight up in the air and turning in circles.:dunce:

well its not manual if ur targetting the mob.. the point is to not target the mob and just point ur gun where u want to shoot and press shoot.. but yeah maybe ive been just lucky coz i havent met these unkillable mobs

If this tends to happen to you, don't go anywhere near feran, or you'll be embarrassed... oh well, you've seen that thawr thingy. and half feran isn't much worse. :laugh:

On a more serious note, "anything but rocket" might be an overstatement - I couldn't hit said half ferans with a lacerating chip but could with a handgun; hence, trying more different weapons might help for at least some half mobs.

ma is out of ped and can affort only half Mobs now :p

If this tends to happen to you, don't go anywhere near feran, or you'll be embarrassed... oh well, you've seen that thawr thingy. and half feran isn't much worse. :laugh:

On a more serious note, "anything but rocket" might be an overstatement - I couldn't hit said half ferans with a lacerating chip but could with a handgun; hence, trying more different weapons might help for at least some half mobs.

lol cant wait to find a feran :)

Also, I usually carry 30 to 40 weapons and chips with me everywhere I go, on every hunt, and have tried everything I can on these. Sometimes some work, but most of the the time, (around 75-80%) they just cant be hit with anything except untargetting the mob and usuing rockets.

it might seem obvious but are you running the 64 bit or 32 bit entropia client ? Also, what video card are you using ? Why did you choose to install windows 8 as 32 bit ?

it might seem obvious but are you running the 64 bit or 32 bit entropia client ? Also, what video card are you using ? Why did you choose to install windows 8 as 32 bit ?

I dont know much about comps, so even the obvious might help me :)

GPU: GeForce GT 630
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16.00 GB RAM (15.95 Usable)
Current Res: 1360x 768, 60Hz
Driver version 347.09

Not sure why I run in 32....a long time ago something made me switch it, and its been that way ever since. I cant remember what it was, but it was probably some other bug that I fixed by switching from 64 to 32 after reading the forums to find a fix...

Not sure if it will fix your problem but a new gpu would be a nice upgrade for you computer .

taco make sure you are running the 32 bit entropia client. Have you since tried that ? Also, your comp specs are nice, you need a better graphics card to match with them but I'm not convinced that your current card is the problem. What kind of display monitor are you using ? Is it a widescreen ?

Last edited:
taco make sure you are running the 32 bit entropia client. Have you since tried that ? Also, your comp specs are nice, you need a better graphics card to match with them but I'm not convinced that your current card is the problem. What kind of display monitor are you using ? Is it a widescreen ?

It is a 32 inch LG plasma tv. I use it strictly as a monitor....it is 1080 but I play at 1360 x 768 (because it said "recommended"...lol)

It could be a problem related to heat inside your GPU.

Put a small fan by the air intake for your PC and see if that helps.

It could be a problem related to heat inside your GPU.

Put a small fan by the air intake for your PC and see if that helps.

This might be it.

When the comp was new (same setup as now) it never showed half mobs...over time it has done it more

Also when it was new, the fan rarely needed to run, but now it does more and more, and runs basically constantly.

Guess I should try removing it from the heat trap I created when I wedged the case in behind the monitor in a large 75% enclosed armoire/desk thing I use and clean out the dust.

Back