• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theo2008

Guardian
Society
ROUA Prestige
Theo RedDragon Ferraris
Hi guys,

Last 12 month I have, on average, 1100 ped depo / month. Well done.
But this depo just allow me to play (hunt) a couple of days. Far-between few globals and no ubers to support to play more time. All depo go away in 1-3 days (4-5 days in the best month). ( Now, looking back I think was not a good idea for ​​fun. )

So, I'm curious:
I am an unlucky avatar this year or this also happens to others?

Last edited:
Your activities are too big for your budget.

Review what Risk of Ruin means.

i think most people experience this. Maybe you hunt, craft, mine very uneco. But even if you dont, you will have a big chance to lose more then you put in. I think mindark asks to much. And they can, because players will keep depoing. Many addicted ppl here,not only to play videogames but also to gambling. So what can you do? Stop depoing or even stop gaming, or maybe you cant, cause you are addicted too?

You hunt way too big for your PED CARD. No it ain't just you the avg player does this as well and then they go cry on the forum about it, wondering what they did wrong or they just retire and never come back.

With 1.1k ped a month you shouldn't hunt bigger than 500 hp mobs and avoid all regen mobs.

Even with this you'll lose that ped over time it will just take longer. Because you're a mindless grinder who keeps on hunting even if loot sucks chasing that hof.

I feel like it's you. I depo-ed 100US at the beginning of Dec and still have over 700 ped on my account. But then again I never chase Hof's, globals or any other loots in the game.

I do occasionally get some globals and I'm happy with them. I think I enjoy the social aspect coupled with killing things more than most.

Man you must be joking:

Hp500 = Argonaut Guardian. I hunted them a year after I joined the EU, meaning by 2008. Now at the level 60 as hunter, after 7 years of EU, you say that I should hunt Argo Guard or equivalent?! :confused:
You kidding me ?!

You hunt way too big for your PED CARD. No it ain't just you the avg player does this as well and then they go cry on the forum about it, wondering what they did wrong or they just retire and never come back.

With 1.1k ped a month you shouldn't hunt bigger than 500 hp mobs and avoid all regen mobs.

Even with this you'll lose that ped over time it will just take longer. Because you're a mindless grinder who keeps on hunting even if loot sucks chasing that hof.

It's just you.. shape your gameplay to your budget.. not the other way around.. :wise:

I don't depo.

Man you must be joking:

Hp500 = Argonaut Guardian. I hunted them a year after I joined the EU, meaning by 2008. Now at the level 60 as hunter, after 7 years of EU, you say that I should hunt Argo Guard or equivalent?! :confused:
You kidding me ?!
No I'm not but clearly you have learned nothing in 7 years in-game. It's not your level that decides what you hunt. It's your budget.

Understand that fact and you will start to adapt to the game more, assuming you stop chasing for globals/hofs.

But since clearly you're blind to this fact you keep on losing. So keep on losing and feeding my lootpool :).

Man you must be joking:

You kidding me ?!

I apologise as i have had a bit to drink.

But responding to your comment, "you must be joking", clearly you don't hunt within your monetary budget. So i would suggest you either, 1) have a good look in the mirror, 2) swallow your clearly elevated pride, and hunt smaller things. 3) (and god forbid you actually do this) track your returns to see where you are clearly loosing a lot of ped.

Its really not rocket science, if you lose you deposit in 3 days you are either....i really wanted to put some insults in here, but i think my post is going to be deleted anyay.

Rgds

Ace

If you do runting right you will have a longtherm profit, start with stuff like those small bitches (electro dance machines) or zombies @ rocktropia and then learn and improve yourself

Man,
I'm sorry if I upset you, but this is NOT a wailing thread, is JUST A POLL about luck. That's all. ;)
Mine is bad :broke:, but yours? ;)

Rgds,
RD

I apologise as i have had a bit to drink.

But responding to your comment, "you must be joking", clearly you don't hunt within your monetary budget. So i would suggest you either, 1) have a good look in the mirror, 2) swallow your clearly elevated pride, and hunt smaller things. 3) (and god forbid you actually do this) track your returns to see where you are clearly loosing a lot of ped.

Its really not rocket science, if you lose you deposit in 3 days you are either....i really wanted to put some insults in here, but i think my post is going to be deleted anyay.

Rgds

Ace

The thing is, Luck is what you make of it.

If you are prepared for it then 'bad luck' will hurt you a lot less.
And if you are not prepared for it, then 'good luck' will not benefit you.

not trying to be an ass, just simplifying what the others were trying to say.

Noted.:cool:

The thing is, Luck is what you make of it.

If you are prepared for it then 'bad luck' will hurt you a lot less.
And if you are not prepared for it, then 'good luck' will not benefit you.

not trying to be an ass, just simplifying what the others were trying to say.

So: Lucky :wtg: or Unlucky? :broke:

Theo,

perhaps we can provide some guidance.

can you please share a bit about your gameplay.. armor,weapons,crafting, mining..

what do you usually do and what type of gear (amps etc) do you use?

Hi, look info requested:

Hunt gear::handgun:
Armor: Jarhead + 5b
Weapons: Limited under 50lvl (I have 60) like EWE LC-240 (rarely i use my UL: EWE EP-41 Military or Gravis GBR-30) + A103 / Beast

Generally runs of 200-400 peds

Mining:
Finder F-105 + Level 1-3 finder amp

Heal: EMT Ek-2600 with enh up to lvl5 (52,5 heal points) or Regen chip IV

Theo,

perhaps we can provide some guidance.

can you please share a bit about your gameplay.. armor,weapons,crafting, mining..

what do you usually do and what type of gear (amps etc) do you use?

^Pretty high decay.

UL: EWE EP-41 Military or Gravis GBR-30) + A103 / Beast
^uber uneco, sell them.

EMT Ek-2600 with enh up to lvl5 (52,5 heal points)
^PED eater, sell it.

Regen chip IV
^Not bad.

tooshort...

as far as weapons are concerned theo, my advice is to get yourself very familiar with the weapon compare tool on entropedia.

only hunt with weapons that can get you 2.9+ damage per pec.. higher the better (go for UL)

also

go to entropedia > tools
sort heal tools by eco (highest to lowest)

find yourself an UL heal tool that gets 9+ eco

example: herb box is cheap and eco, an upgrade would be s.i. heart

for all items in game, dont use unless your maxed or near max req. of SIB

oh, and for mob hunting.
stay within your range.
if you have to heal every time you get hit, the mob is probably out of your range.

exception to this however would be team hunts.

Last edited:
Hi, look info requested:

Hunt gear::handgun:
Weapons: Limited under 50lvl (I have 60) like EWE LC-240 (rarely i use my UL: EWE EP-41 Military or Gravis GBR-30) + A103 / Beast

Generally runs of 200-400 peds

Mining:
Finder F-105 + Level 1-3 finder amp

This is your problem right away. a hunting run of 200 - 400 peds on a 1k ped / month budget is too big.

Mining. You don't say what your skill levels in mining is, but amping is a good way of siphoning peds out of your ped card very fast if you are: (a) not high skilled or (b) not mining efficiently. or both..

-Try saving a few depo's so you have a larger bankroll to use and look into markup of items and try and get large stacks of them and auction them rather than selling to offers. Right now some of the decent markup oils are muscle and eye which can be looted off smaller mobs kerbs, atrax etc. These mobs can be hunted naked with some range or at your level may miss more often then not. Sure you're not gonna win the lotto but over time you can get ahead. This isn't the most fun but after a few months maybe you'll have enough to hunt higher maturity mobs or join in on events or shared loot mobs which have the chance at larger rewards.

-Use (L) weapons like mentioned earlier that have high eco. Around event times many decent L weapons are available at decent MU.

-Do the daily mission mobs and save the tokens to splurge on a cdf weapon possibly if you want to have more fun.

All this being said(I don't practice what I preach) I depo around 70k ped yearly; hunt for the ATH/hof and have not much to show for it so pick your poison :ahh:

But I also have a hell of a time loosing lol

Sell your gear, it's shit. Use (L). If your not going to buy SIB UL

Hunt in teams if you want to hunt mobs that will eat your whole monthly budget in one/two days

Even before you post about tt returns/loot. Any one can see why you are loosing PEDs :D without even knowing what you hunt

had some problems to, have hunted strong mobs with lot of hp but have not got a HOF for over 1 month now....Have not been in this situation sense my noob time back in 2006. Sooooo..MA has done somting with my loot..:mad:

Well if they dont like my depo then i will stop to do depo.:wise:

also if ur mentor recommended any of that gear ur using, you should fire him :yup:

or if u dont got a mentor yet.. find one that's eco-minded.

i know you're not asking for advice... but the others are doing it too:

you're hunting atrox, scipulor, kamaldon, otorugi.
While they are fun mob to hunt, doing a hunt of 200 ped ammo (or 1k per month) is a but low. If you miss any good loot you're done with your peds for a month.

I would either increase my peds for bigger hunts (and sell everything at a markup!!), or switch to lower level mobs. That way you have more looting options for your peds.

All in all i don't think you are either lucky or unlucky.

Lots of good advice being given.

I highly recommend you use it

Rgds

Ace

imo nothing wrong with jarhead, it has good protection and has the smallest impact on spending for any given hour on level appropriate hunting.

ek2600 on the other hand is just wasting peds.

Nothing wrong with L gear if its in the right markup and eco range.

My guess is 1kped a month and 0 reserved on card or in stacks? That is a brutal way to hunt midlevel.
My guess is also you are addicted to the rush of the gamble and possible hofs.
The previous 2 lines dont mix, you have to pick one or the other.

There is a compromise however...... If you have the mindset and patience you can have it both ways.
Revive kill Dasp or L137 The THING, naked with no healing. Use the best ranged high dps high eco weapon setup you can, you will get markup, and you will get globals/hofs, and you will slow your cycle speed down to a rate you can start stockpiling peds/stacks from month to month until you can get built up to a bankroll worthy of your skill/gear levels.

imo(again) people focus too much on skills/gear as their progression in the game. But skills and gear accomplish nothing without the bankroll to go with it.

I think a player at any level should focus on
1. Building Bankroll every month. (this means spending/loosing less than you depo or profit)
2. Grind eco, and for markup. Missions lead the lemmings, and skill gains will come from any activity, but stop all together when you cant afford to log on.
3. Upgrade gear when you hit the jackpots. (doesnt have to be ubers or aths, but any HOF etc... work toward upgrading)

Entropia Culture says that it is degrading for a L60 player to sweat or gather. This doesn't have to be true, but if that is how you think, there are other options of 'cheap' activities to fill time profitably when you cant afford to hunt/mine.

Pet taming - super cheap way to skill something you have very low points in as well as potentially profitable during the 'new craze' stage.
Beauty - requires an investment though not a huge one. (I really dont know much about it)
Makeup masks - ive known new/young players to rake in alot of ped doing this in the past, perhaps if you have the skills you can revive some of that?
Hunting very high mu resources typically reserved for new players - better to make some ped hunting low than to not play at all because you squandered everything you had.
etc.......
Use your imagination

Reactions: Dex
Back