FYI: Whitewash Or Fraud

Judges will be present when possible to join Main Teams and remain at the Start/Finish Point, tracking globals as they happen. Support Teams are urged to provide a non-hunting member when possible to do the same, and help ensure accurate scoring.

Hurrikane

:wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

Note to self: Never listen to a judge that says your caped under any circumstances, all scores unofficial you could lose a match.

I have to completely disagree with this...

We go by the judges word as the judges word is supposed to be gospel.

So if they say stop,we stop.
If the judge made a mistake then thats on them,I dont see how we can be blamed for that.

I have to completely disagree with this...

We go by the judges word as the judges word is supposed to be gospel.

So if they say stop,we stop.
If the judge made a mistake then thats on them,I dont see how we can be blamed for that.

Look at post directly above yours. Judge is not the final call.

I have stood by MANY judges that have made errors for good and bad while scoring. Luckily someone on our team was always able to be there to say umm I don't think that is right. Then they compare notes and find the difference between the 2. You have to remember MA is compensating judges this year so we have a few new ones. How accurate are they? Only time will tell still early in the season.

Look at post directly above yours. Judge is not the final call.

I have stood by MANY judges that have made errors for good and bad while scoring. Luckily someone on our team was always able to be there to say umm I don't think that is right. Then they compare notes and find the difference between the 2. You have to remember MA is compensating judges this year so we have a few new ones. How accurate are they? Only time will tell still early in the season.

When we had a bigger team we also had a player stay with the judges for this reason but numbers are a little tight this year.

I guess I'm just used to the judges word being final in competitions and if there is a mistake then they take the hit.

Judges are not the final in this event everything goes back to Hurricane for final call. Hurricane said stop at 2 hours anything further does not count if I am not mistaken. Every judge is different from different places they like different stuff their human and make mistakes why Hurricane double checks it all. Not to say any of our judges fit this description and no disrespect to them but what if they drank alcohol, smoked a joint or even fell asleep (seen this one). Every team should have a 2nd set of eyes keeping score is my point, I am not arguing with anyone. I haven't counted the scores personally but they were damn close, counting isn't my job this year so I keep on shooting.

But awarding a team 2 points that possible turns into a lot more with sweep and such over a judge saying a wrong score is the wrong answer. The judge is not part of a team he is there to call scores as he sees it and they are unofficial scores. If a team listens to the judge without having a 2nd there to confirm it, that is on them. I also never saw an official post of final scores after this debate from Hurricane. Someone posted something above somewhere but it wasn't hurricane.

I applauded the judges they have a tough job and this match is just one of the examples as to how tough it can be. It isn't their fault MA's servers tanked on us but it caused a ripple effect through all of WoF. we are also a small team but we manage to get someone to stand with judge every week.

Hurricane should have seen enough by now to make a fair decision, last I post here unless addressed.

V/R
Wildman

Just to make it clear I'm not blaming the judges for anything that happened on this round.

It was an absolute crap fight with the servers at the time and I would have hated to be in their position.

Just to make it clear I'm not blaming the judges for anything that happened on this round.

It was an absolute crap fight with the servers at the time and I would have hated to be in their position.

Agreed :beerchug:

I think there is need to have a 15 minute break between each 1 hour for making sure the server data catches up.

But still no official response from Hurricane? Does he not have final say on scores? or is this as Lokia called it? Either way I think Guinea lost I haven't added the scores myself but still Hurricane should have by now. I take a score post here as final...Much new facts to read here Hurricane as multiple scorekeepers have posted scores and times they scored it. I don't really care anymore myself this is for our team captain fighting for what is right. We found a flaw in the scoring system, not your fault Hurricane this is an MA issue to resolve for the long term. Matches like this continue no matter what MA offers as prizes WoF won't survive.

V/R
Wildman

Last edited:
I have never hunted in WoF or similar events but I do daily have to communicate with both my regular crew and customers and am very aware of lag issues or even chat failures in EU.
We therefore use out of game messaging (Webchat) and alternate comms (Mumble / TeamSpeak).

It is my understanding from chatting to socmates that are in WoF, that many teams have their own TS or mumble. Could there not be a set up for the match where captains, scorers and match officials are in one TS/mumble server, so that there can be no doubt and little or no lag when start/stop messages are issued. they can ofc be also typed both in mumble for timestamp and in game for duplication of in-game timestamp.

Another alternative that would not conflict with say the team TS usage would be a Skype message, though that does I believe sometimes have lag of it's own.

While it would be great to have a lag free game, and an end to issues like this, it is as likely as seeing purple snow or flying pigs. So rather than risk losing what is to many a fun and challenging event, think about how outside of game technology can resolve the problem, and keep it fair for everyone, as well as making the judges and officials life easier - it has to be a win/win.

I have never hunted in WoF or similar events but I do daily have to communicate with both my regular crew and customers and am very aware of lag issues or even chat failures in EU.
We therefore use out of game messaging (Webchat) and alternate comms (Mumble / TeamSpeak).

It is my understanding from chatting to socmates that are in WoF, that many teams have their own TS or mumble. Could there not be a set up for the match where captains, scorers and match officials are in one TS/mumble server, so that there can be no doubt and little or no lag when start/stop messages are issued. they can ofc be also typed both in mumble for timestamp and in game for duplication of in-game timestamp.

Another alternative that would not conflict with say the team TS usage would be a Skype message, though that does I believe sometimes have lag of it's own.

While it would be great to have a lag free game, and an end to issues like this, it is as likely as seeing purple snow or flying pigs. So rather than risk losing what is to many a fun and challenging event, think about how outside of game technology can resolve the problem, and keep it fair for everyone, as well as making the judges and officials life easier - it has to be a win/win.

Good idea but if the team is using Skype/mumble/TS3 that means WoF would have to choose an official means of communicating outside of game. and if WoF choose one of them that a team is currently using that makes that team have to get a new one that they may not be used to using or not paid for or also having to dump one they have paid for. Lag is part of the game we just need some rule to deal with lag it in game. As far as I am concerned all globals lag or not after a stop don't count think if it was end of match and hurricane called stop but globals kept coming. Lag or a support team still out?

For the hard of thinking,

I will simplify. In what way can the judging of WoF be deemed fair if different teams have different time in which their scores count and the bonuses earned by one team are flippantly given to the other? :scratch2:

Whatever was said at the time, during a chaotic match where unexpected problems of an unknown duration started affecting play badly, the rules stay the same. The scores are logged the same. Every stopped match was re-started from the half-way stage, yours was able to start again after a short break. All scores were recorded and added to get the totals up to that point. Not knowing the correct thing to instantly say regarding every possible problem does not make it a "rigged" event.

I was going to say it's a shame to lose such a helpful member of the judging team, but as you've just said this event is rigged after all you've seen and done with it, good riddance.

Hurrikane

2014-12-14 02:07:21 [Local] [Grey Greyhair Sloth] I dont think Aus support should have to do 1 last hour ... they capped just after I sent STOP, but before they received STOP ....

Just shows MA cant use players as judges.... since this is testrun 4 next year they have to find another way to do it.

2014-12-14 02:07:21 [Local] [Grey Greyhair Sloth] I dont think Aus support should have to do 1 last hour ... they capped just after I sent STOP, but before they received STOP ....

Just shows MA cant use players as judges.... since this is testrun 4 next year they have to find another way to do it.

How many events has MA screwed up? a bunch as far as i can remember. we wouldnt have had a problem with judging the round if it wasnt for MA screwing up the system and everyone having the insane lag they did and you want MA to take over judging the rounds? just take all the nostalgia out of the World of Firepower. Genius!(sarcasm free of charge)

Sorry, how does that show anything? That was said at the time, when lag was making communication near-impossible and it was tough to figure instantly what to do. No team had any advantage, all scores were recorded and checked again after the match. I don't know what terrible crime people think was committed here but it was just a few matches with an unplanned interval for me. Annoying but not half as much as people posting bollocks like this.

Hurrikane

Sorry, how does that show anything? That was said at the time, when lag was making communication near-impossible and it was tough to figure instantly what to do. No team had any advantage, all scores were recorded and checked again after the match. I don't know what terrible crime people think was committed here but it was just a few matches with an unplanned interval for me. Annoying but not half as much as people posting bollocks like this.

Hurrikane

if mainjudge says stop it stops points from the second he says it in local how is that hard to understand

if mainjudge says stop it stops points from the second he says it in local how is that hard to understand

Quite hard if you don't see what the Main Judge types for 10-15 minutes and have to think on your feet in the meantime, during a period of technical problems that no amount of pre-match briefing could have prepared us for. Also, what you're saying is what happened. I continue to not see the problem here.

Hurrikane

Quite hard if you don't see what the Main Judge types for 10-15 minutes and have to think on your feet in the meantime, during a period of technical problems that no amount of pre-match briefing could have prepared us for. Also, what you're saying is what happened. I continue to not see the problem here.

Hurrikane

would be so much easier to just admit u fucked it up and get down from that piedestal.

I knew this was gonna happen when they decided to pay anyone to judge.

would be so much easier to just admit u fucked it up and get down from that piedestal.

I knew this was gonna happen when they decided to pay anyone to judge.

Sorry, please point out where anyone "fucked up." You seem to be inventing an issue where there is none.

The match stopped, started again, the scores were accurately recorded and checked thoroughly before being posted later.

I love how you think that paying people gets worse service than them doing it for free.

If you seriously think anything dishonest happened here, look at the chat logs. It takes a while to get through them but that's what Judges do.

Hurrikane

Sorry, please point out where anyone "fucked up." You seem to be inventing an issue where there is none.

The match stopped, started again, the scores were accurately recorded and checked thoroughly before being posted later.

I love how you think that paying people gets worse service than them doing it for free.

If you seriously think anything dishonest happened here, look at the chat logs. It takes a while to get through them but that's what Judges do.

Hurrikane

The problem here is he stated in local that they capped after the stop. He then stated he was going to choose to count it as their support capping anyway. I tired to point this out to you when it happened, but you don't care about running a fair, fun event.

You should try reading GreySloths comments in local. It's obvious that you haven't bothered to do that.

Lokia posted the chatlogs with all major info in red.
even a semiretarded 3yearold would be able to see the problem.

And it was never about win or loose (we didnt even play lto win and last 45min was only 1 person in mainteam not afk) its about how u stretch the rules abit as u see fit and
ignore our captains all attempts to sort it out, she PM you u went incognito 4 a month and she sent numerous emails without geting a reply.

Wof cost me 5k/round and since rules change on the go Wof can get showed were the sun dont shine.

Back