Developers give some life to real estate market!

MajorKITILA

Hatchling
Banned
I've suggested this many time, I'd love to see it put into play.

Rent-Keeper-Pad it operates much like a Shop keeper, only it manages Estate deeds with week to week renting or Monthly.
The rent-Keepers allows the person on the guest list to set out items, without risk of losing their stuff. unless the option is set by land owner, "Collect Collateral For Back Rent" after x-amount of days have passed. Which would lock the Estate doors to the renter until Land manger was able to make contact, If no contact as say 72 hrs and Collect Collateral was checked when renting started. The land owner can collect his loses from the tenant.

Of course allow MA to a % of tax made from the property. (property tax) we will call it.

This 1 item would breath life into the STALL real estate market. Would also open doors for lower income players to be able to have a slice of Entropia to call home. As well as allow Deed holders to generate income from the properties, if they didnt wish to buy/sale for Markup. All around it be an amazing feature for entropia, think of all the vacant empty properties that are collecting dust never getting used. Could now be used to generate income and happiness for many involved with real estate buy/renting/ managing.

PLEASE DEVELOPERS HEARD THIS PLEAD! We need this item, Entropia needs this item and Mindark needs this item, to make a new impact without much headache!

Last edited:
I would expect that Calypso real estate hasn't changed in 10 years. Still the majority of apartments are 1970s feel! and the Apartment complexes are horrid internally.
Rent died in its arse in an effort to stimulate the market. The major problem the Calypso Dev team have are the investors in the early days who never claimed their apartments. Whole shopping floors unclaimed! Apartments in Genesis towers which are still under the estate broker. Its a mess that the Caly dev team don't give a shit about.

So basically you want a shopkeeper that acts as a rental terminal so you can rent out the dozen or so apartments you own? This would not breath life into the real estate market.

If those players sitting on 100 deeds each put them on them market you wouldn't need to even think about renting apartments.

I don't even really understand apartments. they are just another storage right? there is nothing to do in there really, is there?

on topic, I don't think there are very many people interested in renting apartments anyway so not much sense in implementing a system like that. That's just a feeling on my part though, but I'd be very surprised if more than 50 people would use that kind of system at all.

Regards

I would just like to see a temporary trade option in the trade window. So you can rent out gear without the need for collateral. Set to 24hrs, 1 week, 1 month, etc. Then agree on ped for the transaction just like a normal trade. Upon the expiration time, items rented are returned to owners storage upon next login. No collateral needed, and no more scams. Plus the safety factor that if someone is legitimate, but gets hurt in RL or dies. The item will still be returned if avatar never logs back in.

The major problem the Calypso Dev team have are the investors in the early days who never claimed their apartments. Whole shopping floors unclaimed! Apartments in Genesis towers which are still under the estate broker. Its a mess that the Caly dev team don't give a shit about.

Not sure what they could do about that, though? Those apartments and shops are bought by people, with the regrettable omission of a "has to claim and actively use or we repossess" clause that, had it been there from the beginning, could have solved the problem.

If they were to take these apartments back now, there would be massive problems in quite a few ways.

The only way I could figure out is to give everyone owning an estate 12 months to claim it, or they remove the estates from the game and move all other estates to new buildings... while still allowing those whose estates have expired to reclaim them after they have been removed, putting them back ingame. This would probably cause a massive amount of extra work, though.

I don't even really understand apartments. they are just another storage right? there is nothing to do in there really, is there?

Add a shopkeeper or two and make it a store :)
There are some lovely art galleries out there... and displays of collectibles of all kinds.
Seen them used for parties, as well, or just hangouts and society headquarters.

I can it working on shops but not with apartments unless they're the high end one offs.

The rent was removed from the shops because a lot of the owners abandoned them after MA (Calypso devs at the time) put a huge rent on the newer shops in the malls. Sure it worked at first but as the customers dropped off many just couldn't keep up. And when the Deer Mall fiasco happened and after a long discussion, which wasn't always welcome by some players, all rents were removed.

Then you've got people buying up all the deeds with no intention of using them and pushing the MV out players reach.

And with the new PP rules MA would have a fight on their hands if they allowed Calypso to dump a few hundred shops and apartments on the market while restricting the other PP's to a handful at a time.

But it's true the vast majority of apartments were bought as extended storage areas when I started and many just filled them with boxes.

I would just like to see a temporary trade option in the trade window. So you can rent out gear without the need for collateral. Set to 24hrs, 1 week, 1 month, etc. Then agree on ped for the transaction just like a normal trade. Upon the expiration time, items rented are returned to owners storage upon next login. No collateral needed, and no more scams. Plus the safety factor that if someone is legitimate, but gets hurt in RL or dies. The item will still be returned if avatar never logs back in.

Give us this!

Give us this!

I want a rental system too but as has been previously discussed, there are long term negative, possible detrimental economic effects on the EU economy with implementing one.

First there would be a rush of people buying unlimited items for the purpose of for-profit renting. This part should be common sense. Then there would be a temporary price increase due to the increased demand. But then if you think it through, once lots of unlimited items are available for rent at cheap prices, it no longer would make sense to buy (L) weapons which will have a very negative impact on loot. Moreover, once enough time passes, because of a rental system, it wouldnt make a lot of sense for individuals to own unlimited weapons because they could just rent them. Then in that situation the price of unlimited everything would crash. If item values take a significant nose dive, then a major part of the incentive for hunting and possibly looting one is gone.

MindArk could easily implement a rental system but because of what I outlined above as well as other reasons, they wont.

I would still like to be able to try before you buy. Still waiting for someone with an imk2 wanting a tier whore. :)

Not sure what they could do about that, though? Those apartments and shops are bought by people, with the regrettable omission of a "has to claim and actively use or we repossess" clause that, had it been there from the beginning, could have solved the problem.

If they were to take these apartments back now, there would be massive problems in quite a few ways.

No, they wouldnt. Delete all accounts older than 720 days with no activity as stated in the TOU. Hold an auction for all items. This would return many items to the auction immediately.

The only way I could figure out is to give everyone owning an estate 12 months to claim it, or they remove the estates from the game and move all other estates to new buildings... while still allowing those whose estates have expired to reclaim them after they have been removed, putting them back ingame. This would probably cause a massive amount of extra work, though.

Or remove the claim function. Once you hold the deed you own the item. Problem solved.

what well like to see is a webpage but not like pcf

I well like to see EU webpage internal web page only eu item searh

example
searh for coat
and list of shop keepers and shops pop up
also be good to know locations
prices well you have to go check it to see prices:wtg::wtg:

atm we have a lot a lot empty homes and is not use so if someone purchase a shoop keeper and selling some item should show on the EU page :)) easy to do more business maybe kinda bad for auction but we need the home to be abit more them storage plus the shops dang we have to walk so much to find sometime :)) entropia need web

Make estates useful? Put some avatar buffs in estate deed holding system similar to what we have with stables, but make em pemanent IF you hold deed... And use estate regularly. Add free weekly TP to home estate from any planet option in IF you hold a deed. Drop ALL estates that estate brokers holds on all planets in to auction with TT+1sb... If its in game it should be on market. Do not add rent or rental NPCs in... Instead make it so that those perma bufffs only work IF you visit the estate at least once a week. A search directory would be nice too, but devs already said that is not a high priority... Agree on the claim issue, remove it and make it so you hold deed, you are owner (OK holder since deeds no longer say anything about ownership...)

Last edited:
Things to make estates useful:

Shared storage - Depending on the size of the estate, shared storage can be implemented for 1, 5, 10, 15, or an entire society of friends. A small house might only hold 1 shared storage container. A large house might be able to hold 10. Shared storage can also be limited by an access list as to what items are available to whom, based again on estate size, with the most permissions being given to those who have society level storage. Storage size would be based on what kind of crafted container you could procure. Use existing items like McCormick Safe and Lykke Chest.

Temporary Buffs for Food - If you have a kitchen set you can cook food. This food provides a temporary buff. Hey, look, this also makes crafting furniture useful! Cupboards can be used to store dry ingredients. Other ingredients might require a refrigerator. Keep them in storage or on your person too long and they go bad! Refrigerator, Auction, or Use. Those are the only ways to keep perishable goods.

Character Debuffs that can only be removed by washing - Some advanced mobs and fungi might inflict a disease type debuff that slows regeneration. Some desirable quests might do the same thing. The debuff would stay with you through death, until cleaned off. Those with a shower or access to a shower through a guest list could clean off the contaminants.

Farming - Grow items for food buffs at properties with land attached. This includes large estates, houses, and land area shacks. It could also include apartments with balconies, at a rate of 1 plant per pot.

Music - Add the ability to play musical instruments. Larger instruments might only fit in a home.

Society Headquarters - An estate of appropriate size could be designated a society headquarters. A society quest terminal could be located in these estates, with various daily quests available to enhance the core functions of the society.

Back