Sityl's 12k Nusul Hunting Log

Scurvy Sityl

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Scurvy Sityl LaRoux
I had to put my berycled log on pause to head over to Arkadia for the first time to hunt Nusul when my socmate offered a 10,000 PED reward for a Nusul Nose. Odds are I won't get it, but if there's a chance at such a jackpot, I can't pass it up!

As of this writing, I've actually just finished the third mission, but I hadn't had a chance to start this log as I was really focused on trying to get a Nusul Nose. I'm still going to try using present tense when describing each run, and I'll be letting you guys know how I felt at each point.

Previous Logs:

Argonaut 10K (10,000 Kills) Overall Return: 101.2% (TT)
Longu 5K (6,500 Kills) Overall Return: 100.45% (TT)
Bronze Argo Challenge (10,000 Kills) Overall Return: 94.75% (TT)

Paused Log:

Berycled 60K - Currently 7504/12000 of Stage 3. Current return 140.39%! (TT)

Currently 75/75 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage I - Complete

Ammo Spent: 135.55 PED (Exact - Universal Ammo)
Limited Weapon Decay: 7.10 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 24.84 PED
Armor Repair: 1.35 PED
Heal Tool Repair: 0.00PED

Total Cost: 168.84 PED

TT Value Returned: 162.76 PED

Net Return (Run): -6.08 PED
TT Return % (Run): 96.40%
(Going to color over 95% as green)

Thoughts: So far so good. Very nervous about being on a new planet hunting mobs I've never seen before. Shot down twice leaving calypso space station by pirates despite having clearly stated to the local chat channel that I was carrying no loot.

Ok, so I lied to the first pirate, I had taken 1 dung with me, which he looted from me. Unfortunately, I hadn't thought to bring my RK-5 and WW, so with the quad and one of my sleipnir's broken, I ended up flying my second sleipnir to Arkadia.

Of course, being new to space, I ended up accidentally flying to Rocktropia, for some reason. Then, after landing, realizing I was on the wrong planet, and heading back out to space, I ended up flying to Next Island. But then, after almost making a loop of the outer rim of the entire universe, I made it to Arkadia!

Nusul are super cute and hit like they are made of cotton. You have to literally walk into them to aggro them. They very obviously all have noses, so not sure why I don't currently have 75 in my inventory.

Notable Loots: None, no globals. Mobs on Arkadia seem to drop more different kinds of items than on Calypso, but they do drop shrapnel.

Currently 400/400 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage II - Complete

Ammo Spent: 721.89 PED (Exact - Universal Ammo)
Limited Weapon Decay: 36.58 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 129.27 PED
Armor Repair: 5.68 PED
Heal Tool Repair: 0.00PED - (I told you they hit like noodles)

Total Cost: 893.42 PED

TT Value Returned: 689.19 PED

Net Return (Run): -204.23 PED
TT Return % (Run): 77.14%

Net Return (Total): -210.31 PED
TT Return % (Total): 80.20%

Thoughts: Mild panic at this point. I'd love to snag a nusuk nose, but if I'm going to average 200 ped loss/400 kills, I'd need to win the reward just to break even when all is said and done.

My initial thought is that Arkadia is not a good place to hunt, and I shouldn't have stopped working on my Berycled missions right in the middle of a bunch of big globals. But, I talked to some SoC mates, and they assured me that in their opinion, Arkadia has better returns than Calypso, so I decided to suck it up and try for the third stage.

Notable Loots: None, no globals.

Stick with it and goodluck finding the nose ;)

Currently 1200/1200 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage III - Complete

Ammo Spent: 2,133.08 PED (Exact - Universal Ammo)
Limited Weapon Decay: 116.76 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 376.10 PED
Armor Repair: 21.94 PED
Heal Tool Repair: 0.02 PED - (I did a team hunt for a short time with SoC-mates during third run, and threw two heals to a teammate.)

Total Cost: 2,647.90 PED

TT Value Returned: 2,986.37 PED

Net Return (Run): +338.47 PED
TT Return % (Run): 112.78%

Net Return (Total): +128.16 PED
TT Return % (Total): 103.45%

Thoughts: Did five runs, four of 250 and then one of 200 kills. My fears from stage II were immediately resolved in the first run when I got three globals for 87, 77, and 72 PED, and my 135.85% return that run brought the run's return into the high 90's (if I recall correctly).

Sad note, I had been in first person view for two of the globals for the first time, and for some reason, entropia life didn't take screen shots of those 2 globals.

Runs 2 and 3 were smaller losses with 89.59%and 86.53% returns, despite an 88 ped global in run 2.

Run 4 was great, with 77 and 78 PED globals, and 133.99% return (all returns are TT), and run 5 was also great with two globals for 51 and 53 PED an return of 118.96%.

Stage III reward brought max HP to 124!

Notable Loots: Closest things to interesting I've gotten are a Blank Arkadia DNA Cartridge 1 - 1 PED, and 2 Rouge (Hot Pink) - 10 PED.

I've also gotten a metric ton (700 PED) of Corria Timber.

Still no Nusul Nose :)

Reactions: jod
Good luck hunting Nusul and pulling a nose loose. Arkadia is a good planet to be in, if you ask me. :)

Good luck hunting Nusul and pulling a nose loose. Arkadia is a good planet to be in, if you ask me. :)

Yeah, I'm finding I like it. Still feels somewhat odd to be away from Calypso, but I'm enjoying my time in Arkadia.

It's kind of like a vacation.

Ark is better than caly in almost all ways.

Some people say I do have a Nusul nose, but me thinks they are just envious about other parts of me.

1k greens you say? Hmmmm... nope! GL!

Ark is better than caly in almost all ways.

besides player population :) I like Arkadia, but being around since PE days.. I have an infatuation with Calypso that I cannot kick. I feel foreign on all other plants.

GL on your log though!!! Seems loot is on your side so far :D

:))

i am sorry for what i will tell you , i think i just TT a nose from my last Global on nusul :(

i am sorry for what i will tell you , i think i just TT a nose from my last Global on nusul :(

My understanding is that it hasn't dropped yet, but that when it does there will be a discovery HoF. Of course, I could be wrong. Should you get another one, just let me know. :laugh:

Updating thread with last run now...

Currently 500/4800 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage IV - Incomplete

Ammo Spent: 893.44 PED (One run was with BLP, but nusul only drop 6-10 PED, so no real effect)
Limited Weapon Decay: 49.15 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 154.69 PED
Armor Repair: 9.39 PED
Heal Tool Repair: 0.00 PED

Total Cost: 1,106.67 PED

TT Value Returned: 1,285.50 PED

Net Return (Run): +178.83 PED
TT Return % (Run): 116.16%

Net Return (Total): +306.99 PED
TT Return % (Total): 106.37%

Thoughts: Two globals for 57 PED and 83 PED. Great run, no huge loots, but just lots of mini mulipliers.

Notable Loots: None.

First of, I love reading through your hunting logs and have great respect for the way you rush through them. To me it gets boring to hunt anything on a mission if the mission is in stage IV / V (for small mobs) or stage III in bigger mobs. I then start changing mobs more and more often which results in bigger losses from time to time.

Secondly, would your socmate pay 10k for the nose to anyone or only to a member of the soc? also could you PM me his name (in case he would pay 10k for just anyone)

First of, I love reading through your hunting logs and have great respect for the way you rush through them. To me it gets boring to hunt anything on a mission if the mission is in stage IV / V (for small mobs) or stage III in bigger mobs. I then start changing mobs more and more often which results in bigger losses from time to time.

Secondly, would your socmate pay 10k for the nose to anyone or only to a member of the soc? also could you PM me his name (in case he would pay 10k for just anyone)

Thanks :) It definitely gets tougher after stage 3, I feel you there.

My SoC mate is Meloveyou Longtime Fivedolla. It's an open offer to anyone, and odds are it won't be a socmate who wins it.

You can see his offer here:

http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/arkadia-land-area-3-claimed-dna-bounties.11614/#post-85513

If you decide to hunt for it, I wish you luck! :)

Edit: Yes, this guy right below me ;)

It is 10k for the nusul nose and zadul brain. It is me offering the bounty. Both of them are undiscovered. So no one has TT'd it. One would think the obvious jokes would get old. :)

It is very nice that you are in profit. Something I've never been able to do in hunting.

Nice log you've got here, good luck on the nose hunt!
Would you mind sharing your hunting gear setup?

It is 10k for the nusul nose and zadul brain. It is me offering the bounty. Both of them are undiscovered. So no one has TT'd it. One would think the obvious jokes would get old. :)

It is very nice that you are in profit. Something I've never been able to do in hunting.

So what i Loot was something like the nose with a different name but i am remember this thing so like a nose

So what i Loot was something like the nose with a different name but i am remember this thing so like a nose

Possibly a tail? I hear they're rare (I haven't gotten one yet). I've gotten plenty of hide and ears.

Nice log you've got here, good luck on the nose hunt!
Would you mind sharing your hunting gear setup?

Thanks! :) I am using adjusted pixie with 5B plates, slight over kill for the level 8 mobs, but the 9s and 10s usually hit for ~2-6 damage. I have an IO-Pulse unit for heals but haven't had to heal myself a single time.

I use (L) BLP rifle tag and pistol finish, whichever I can find on auction for low markup/good eco.

Currently 75/75 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage I - Complete

Of course, being new to space, I ended up accidentally flying to Rocktropia, for some reason. Then, after landing, realizing I was on the wrong planet, and heading back out to space, I ended up flying to Next Island.

I've done this before, but never admitted it in public. Good luck on your hunt!

Currently 1000/4800 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage IV - Incomplete

Ammo Spent: 908.34 PED
Limited Weapon Decay: 49.83 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 150.10 PED
Armor Repair: 8.43 PED

Total Cost: 1,116.70 PED

TT Value Returned: 1,192.99 PED

Net Return (Run): +76.29 PED
TT Return % (Run): 106.83%

Net Return (Total): +383.28 PED
TT Return % (Total): 106.46%

Thoughts: Three globals for 86 PED, 92 PED, 112 PED.

I'm going to start making each run be 500 kills (instead of 250) and each log update be 1000 kills (instead of 500).

Notable Loots: Alpha Core Card #8 - Nusul! It's one star, so common, but I was super excited to have collected it.
Pirion PBP-17 (L) - 14.63 PED - My first non-stackable I've gotten!

So this happened...

2015-01-14_--_nusul_stalker_651_ped.jpg

My first ever hunting HoF!

Currently 1500/4800 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage IV - Incomplete

Ammo Spent: 898.45 PED
Limited Weapon Decay: 48.95 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 165.72 PED
Armor Repair: 8.99 PED

Total Cost: 1,122.11 PED

TT Value Returned: 1,688.05 PED

Net Return (Run): +565.94 PED
TT Return % (Run): 150.44%

Net Return (Total): +949.22 PED
TT Return % (Total): 113.45%

Thoughts: Two globals for 55 and 83 PED. One HoF for 651! My highest ever loot, and it came out of nowhere. I had been on pace to lose about 100-120 PED on the run after a streak of no multipliers over like 125 kills, and then just suddenly BAM SWIRLIES!

Of course, the overall return is going to drop way down by the end of the log, but it sure brought it up nice for now.

Notable Loots: 820.26 PED of shrapnel :laugh:

Gz for Hof and thanks for sharing log.
It's making me to consider to travel to ark, and i'm sure i'm not the only one ;)
GL with the nose (if i don't come there of course :ahh::laugh:)

DRM

Currently 2500/4800 - Nusul IFN Challenge Stage IV - Incomplete

Ammo Spent: -1796.55 PED
Limited Weapon Decay: 100.79 PED (Includes MU)
UL Weapon/Amp Repair: 308.62 PED
Armor Repair:19.02 PED

Total Cost: 2,224.98 PED

TT Value Returned: 2,007.29 PED

Net Return (Run): -217.69 PED
TT Return % (Run): 90.22%

Net Return (Total): +731.53 PED
TT Return % (Total): 107.88%

Thoughts: Tough run of 1000 kills. Everyone in chat is saying that nusul are being particularly stingy today. Did manage three globals for66 PED, 64 PED and 63 PED, but several streaks of 150-250 kills without a single multiplier really did me in.

Reached level 20 Evader!!

Notable Loots: Piron PBP-17 (L) - 13.91 PED

Nice numbers so far, hope you can stay in the green! And grats on the nice HOF! :cool:

Update: Obviously by now you know that the nusul nose was looted by someone else yesterday, so I switched to Zadul, hence no recent updates of this log.

I do resolve, however, to come back and finish this log before leaving Arkadia. For now, I'm hunting Zadul. I will be posting a log of the zadul, but I've been franticly logging loots in excel and then running back out to to kill.

No brain yet, but in 36 hours of hunting Zadul, I've managed to get myself on the (long) list of all time most zadul loot by culling 3475 of them in that time period.

I'm really quite tired now.

Back