Help: Items disappear on Auction with no reaction from support.

Efim

Guardian
Society
Berkut Squad
Ocelot Efim Lance
I would like to let the community know about a weird glitch that happened with my friend (Marina OXOTA Nobiles), and I am writing about it because of an absolute silence from MA support.

A lot of 100 Adomasite ingots have literally disappeared from auction.
Here is the story:
My friend has put up a lot of Adomasite on auction for 7 days on 13th December 2014. After sometime she noticed, that she can’t find her lot on auction, while she has not received a sales message (to the point, she found out about this strange disappearance short time after the VU 15.1.1. that took place during the week). So she began to look through the message center, and what did she find? Her lot had been still active with 1 day left! Immediately she wrought a support case describing the situation and attached a screenshot. As she got no fast response, she updated it after a few days, as her lot was still active in message center with a negative timer, and did not appear in the won section of auction nor anywhere else. Mindark still did not reply… Three weeks have passed with not a single word from them.

For now the timer shows -22 days and 180peds of Adomasite have vanished in the nowhere. And what causes the most indignation is a Mindark silence, absolute ignoring of the situation. They could at least say something like “No, everything is ok, we have checked the logs” or “We will look into it”, but no! Maybe the message in the center is glitched, maybe it was actually sold and eventually my friend has received the money, even though she is 100% sure, that she had not. At least they could have answer the damn case! But they behave, like support case does not exist at all! That’s the most outrageous fact that made me post about it on the forum.

220ped (with markup) is not such a huge amount, but still. As a matter of principle, what the hell is that!? And if it was a thousand ingots or a ModMerc that vanished!? To be honest I’ am a bit scared every time I put something on auction from now on. And who knows, if it won’t happen again…

I want Mindark to look into it, to get their attention and to warn everyone that such a thing can happen and Mindark will do nothing in that case. Avoid using auction? Heh…

Here are the screens and the initial support case:

I have encountered a very strange glitch, last Sunday I’ve put 100 ingots of Adomasite on Calypso auction, after that sometime this week (I believe right after VU 15.1.1) my Adomasite has disappeared from auction (and it wasn’t sold, as my ped balance hasn’t changed), while I can still see it in Message Center being active on auction with a clock ticking. My friends also can’t see my Adomasite among other lots on auction.
What I am afraid of, is that it will permanently disappear, after the timer will run out (and it’s only 24hours left) and I won’t be able to retrieve it, as it won’t show up in my “Won” section of Auction.
So, please, do something about it, or could you, please, return it right back to my inventory.
Screenshot of the glitch is attached.

Update:

Nine days have passed since I wrote my support case. My adomasite has not been moved to the “Won” section of Auction, as I previously feared, instead it is still active on auction with a negative timer, and it shows -6d:23h:47m for now. A screenshot is attached.
Please remove my adomasite lot from auction manually and return it to my inventory.

And a fresh screenshot:

Just missing auction notification. Happens often to me also.
But as i keep my eye on my ped card balance out of game the peds still on my account, just no message.
Has happened to me even when selling big bulk of CLDs :) but peds still on my card.

As it is fairly low amount of peds i am sure your friend just didnt notice the peds on card.

Ofcourse i could be wrong and missing thousands and thousands :D in which i case please refund me MA, but i doubt i am wrong.
BTW! if she uses virtual Tycoon, virtual tycoon usually gives out all notifications (including those that do not show up on ingame message center)

Just missing auction notification. ...

Erm..... Maybe I am wrong, maybe I have never noticed it, but isn't it the initial message that is later updated with a bid and a changed status (sold, won, etc) and not a new message that is generated later? And... such a thing that you can see on a screenshot has never happened to me. I have never seen an active message with empty "My Offers" nor a negative timer except for -00:05 to -00:10 minutes during massive lag, when auction ends. I also saw items with a more than 7d timer because of VU shutdown. But I have never encountered such a glitch, that happened to Marina.
Yes, I can agree, that the sum is not big ( yet I doubt sweaters will agree) and can be overlooked if you have some peds, but why no response from support then? They could answer like "Hi, we are aware of this, that is a message center glitch. Your item has been sold on dd/mm/yy hh/mm/ss. Rest assured, we have double checked that your ped balance has been updated accordingly. Best Regards, ..." Is it so hard? For over three weeks?

But I don't think, that it's a glitchy message center and I believe my friend about her balance... I think that Adomasite has really disappeared. And I want a response from MA. That's why I have posted it in the Dev's Corner in the first place.

Erm..... Maybe I am wrong, maybe I have never noticed it, but isn't it the initial message that is later updated with a bid and a changed status (sold, won, etc) and not a new message that is generated later? And... such a thing that you can see on a screenshot has never happened to me. I have never seen an active message with empty "My Offers" nor a negative timer except for -00:05 to -00:10 minutes during massive lag, when auction ends. I also saw items with a more than 7d timer because of VU shutdown. But I have never encountered such a glitch, that happened to Marina.
Yes, I can agree, that the sum is not big ( yet I doubt sweaters will agree) and can be overlooked if you have some peds, but why no response from support then? They could answer like "Hi, we are aware of this, that is a message center glitch. Your item has been sold on dd/mm/yy hh/mm/ss. Rest assured, we have double checked that your ped balance has been updated accordingly. Best Regards, ..." Is it so hard? For over three weeks?

But I don't think, that it's a glitchy message center and I believe my friend about her balance... I think that Adomasite has really disappeared. And I want a response from MA. That's why I have posted it in the Dev's Corner in the first place.

Yes it is true, BUT if no message comes due to bug, this message stays there without being updated. Seller still receives peds (atleast i think i have received in my cases)

every year at this time it is the same thing, is it not ? MA staff are pretty much on holidays until the middle of january i thought.

I think the message center is bugged as hell on auction messages. Every single message in my message center, be it posted / buying / selling / bidding the end timer on the message center is ~20-30min late. So when the message center says -00:20 and i go to an auction house, i can see my item is still gonna be on there for a few minutes.

however, it has never happened to me that the auction took my peds.

I think the message center is bugged as hell on auction messages. Every single message in my message center, be it posted / buying / selling / bidding the end timer on the message center is ~20-30min late. So when the message center says -00:20 and i go to an auction house, i can see my item is still gonna be on there for a few minutes.

This happens when there is a downtime for maintenance or VU - auction deadlines get extended but the message in MC isn't updated.

... And what causes the most indignation is a Mindark silence, absolute ignoring of the situation. They could at least say something like “No, everything is ok, we have checked the logs” or “We will look into it”, but no!

Sounds normal...I have atm 5 support cases started ( including missing items ). None of them was answered. Oldest is 2 months.
There is not good enough curse to describe support in this game. I never expected as bad player support over 20 years of gaming experience and 10 years in various MMO's.

Hiding from and ignoring own players is worst thing company can do.

Back