Offensive Avatar and Team Names

Status

Slaiine

Guardian
Society
Brainstormers
Chronophobe Slaiine Faitheal
Number 16 on the hunting hof list today : F**k Her right in the pussy. I find this ridiculous and unacceptable. It's time for MA to start policing names. How the hell are we supposed to entice new players into the game with allowed names like this ? Who wants to invest their money into a game alongside twits like this ? What will potential investors think about a company that chooses to not care about such things ?

I can understand you, and you have not read russian Team names ...
I think this is the fall general cultural level and the influx of younger schoolboys to the game. And we can nothing to do with this.

Number 16 on the hunting hof list today : F**k Her right in the pussy. I find this ridiculous and unacceptable. It's time for MA to start policing names. How the hell are we supposed to entice new players into the game with allowed names like this ? Who wants to invest their money into a game alongside twits like this ? What will potential investors think about a company that chooses to not care about such things ?

although a filter to not allow common swear words (f*ck, sh*t, b*tch, etc) for team names could be an ok addition to the game, I don't feel that it should be a priority by any means. There are a lot more things that should take priority over a change like this

Enforcing restrictions on names (especially team names) will be a tough one as you can always substitute letters with other icons or words with synonyms, craetive™ players will still get their "message" across.

Just ban the ones you can get hold of to reduce the matter...

Just ban the ones you can get hold of to reduce the matter...

Also nuke that fucking village in Austria!

Fucking%2C_Austria%2C_street_sign.jpg

So much for freedom of speech. :duh:

Of all the things there are in EU to complain about, this must rate about 956th on the list.

There's been a little story in the news lately, revolving around the right to offend in a free society, seems some haven't picked up on it yet. :scratch2:

Ahh thread were fucking swearing is fucking okay, ah fuck yeah! Finally fucking have kept my fucking mouth shut for too fucking long. i love those funny fucking teamnames, and as we should be all adults to play this game, i see no fucking problem with fuck or !!!! in team names. Surely something like "i f*** small children" would be something offensive, but fucking them right in the pussy is just what your father did to your mother. So fuckadi fuck.

but being fucking serious for a moment, i fucking get the OP problem and sure there should be something done about really bad cases of team names, there used to be quite a few racist ones. Even one full society ingame is named after political union which caused death to many europeans (would be as someone made society named NAZI Party or Third Reich..)

Anyways fuckadifuck very hard for mindark to do something with these fuckers who name fucking stuff fucking crazy fucking names.

Ahh all out of fucks now.

I just +repped every fuck in this thread.

As far as i know EU is a mature rated game.
So mature language is found.
On avatars personally you can just ignore them.
However like someone said, it'd be huge work to ban all bad words in all languages, and somewhat a bit idiotic.

Since maturity is put at stake regarding these team names, I think someone more mature would also just get over with it and move along.

PS:
Since none posted this just yet

The problem here is anonymity. If there was a way to look up the names of team members from globals channel and/or HoF list, people would think twice before trolling, and three times before trolling Taco.

Well; Free speech has always come with responsibility.

The best example I heard, was a person running into a shopping mall screaming "fire, fire" when there was no fire. If a panic ensued someone or small child could get hurt as the result of irresponsible free speech.

This is my entertainment; I'm not at work so, I don't want to be policed. The best policy is for players to be sensible, maybe try to use some humour in their team names rather than be offensive.

That said; it takes a lot to offend me, watching an offence team name fly by on my chat screen is not really going to ruin my day personally.

Beside where does it end. We ban full body stockings and boorums?.....nahhh I love all that about EU.

"Let it go"....as they say in frozen....lol

Rick

I agree with comments about free speech. It's like real world...if I wanted to walk down the street and repeat the word F*CK over and over, do I expect the police to stop me? Freedom. :wtg:

However, it's in bad taste, and I find the example given above, and the team name with the vulgarity to be both insensitive and childish. Just because you "can" doesn't mean you should. Why would you use this as a team name anyway? If you're a young teen an use that as an excuse for your ignorance...fine. You're immature and you'll grow out of it. If you're a grown person and still feel the need to advertise the F-bomb or imply the act of sex publicly in global chat for everyone to read, then you're a twat. Grow up. There's something wrong with you mentally if you don't see this as a problem.

+rep for OP.

Well, I'm torn. Yes, there have been a small number of team names that I have personally found to be slightly cringe-worthy. But, compared to other games, it's pretty innocuous.

When it comes right down to it, though, I think I prefer jackasses to whiners.

I agree with comments about free speech. It's like real world...if I wanted to walk down the street and repeat the word F*CK over and over, do I expect the police to stop me? Freedom. :wtg:

In some red district?

But jokes aside (really!) - you proposed a nice example. Try to repeat "FUCK" at least 20 times - and you will see how meaning (which you putting into that word) just vanishes, dissolves.

You can replace "FUCK" with any other word, and you will see that words is just empty containers, filled with our own perception and nothing more.

So, if something offends us, is it outside us or inside us?

If you're offended by words, you need to grow up and find some thicker skin. Unless someone is inciting hate and violence with their words, anything people say has ZERO affect on you, except if you CHOOSE to be offended. People are way too offended these days because they choose to find reasons to be offended. Very few things in this world offend me, and I find myself to be a pretty happy-go-lucky person. I love living this way.

Get over this bullshit. They are words, this game is for adults. Let me fucking swear. ;)

this is way too dumb to argue over AGAIN! People who get offended by reading those things are idiots who never really thought about it and just repeated what they have been told or lack the capacity to think for themselves.

Regards
Thark

Last edited:
Someone please **CK this thread...

** =LO :)

If you're offended by words, you need to grow up and find some thicker skin. Unless someone is inciting hate and violence with their words, anything people say has ZERO affect on you, except if you CHOOSE to be offended. People are way too offended these days because they choose to find reasons to be offended. Very few things in this world offend me, and I find myself to be a pretty happy-go-lucky person. I love living this way.

damn floridians and all their happiness.. you'd be grumpier if you were cold once in a while!

:D

Yea LMAO........And then pro freedom of speech people come and get offended by the words of yet other people's who freedoms of speech they dont agree with....Awesome logic :wtg:

"Perceptive Disability" when youre so deep in to youre own "group" shit...i mean believes/ views/etc, that no matter how illogical you JUST DONT smell your own crap anymore...ie you become immune to what would otherwise be the true and logical ~ view/results/consequences/etc

What was written here will be like water of a duck back to most of you ;)

Last edited:
Smells like fish,
Tastes like chicken,
Plug your nose,
And keep on licking!
:beerchug:

I agree to a certain extent. There are those that couldn't care less, those that are offended, and then those that don't care, but feel there's got to be some moderation. I'd consider myself the third. I'm glad OP pointed it out. I don't like seeing that crap, it shouldn't belong here. If this game really is for mature audiences, friggin act like it. Put freedom of speech aside and like a decent human being. If the foul team names keep popping up...oh well, but I'm glad there are people that raise a voice against it. It's immature.

Imagine a record breaking ATH that makes headlines. Now imagine the team name some childish BS like the one mentioned in OP, how would the reading masses feel towards this "game"?

"A record breaking ALL TIME HIGH had made headlines today in the virtual world Entropia Universe. The team "F**k Her right in the pussy" hit a staggering 531,250PED, or $53,125USD. The team has declined to comment on their record breaking achievement because no one wants to take credit for the vulgar team name. :laugh:

Pussy is quite offensive. What man in their right mind would play a game where you can name your team, "Lick that labia"! Utter utter sidewalk trash! I am putting in a support case. Hopefully Clit responds well.

If you ask me everyone is allowed to say what they like aslong as they don't hurt no1 fisically.Well I ain't good in speeches so wont write too much about being offended but i found a clip about being offended that hopefully help you. starts at 3:20 min . If you ask me everyone is allowed to say what they like aslong as they don't hurt no1 fisically.

Status
Back