Question: Selling X CLD for price of 1

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
OK, just a question about the mistake where folks accidentally place multiple amounts of CLDs on auction and set the price as 1,400 (currently decent price of a single CLD)

Do these same people put up a bunch of muscle oil and try to set the price as 0.03?

Yes, yes. I know auction prices are whole ped only. The point I'm making is simple: When selling on auction, every stackable item is sold at a whole price, not a price per qty.

So what makes folks think CLDs/AUDs are any different? (Or any high value stackable?)

This joke/life lesson was brought to you today by the letters "H" and "A".

I think people do sell stacks of other items mistakenly, but the hit is far larger with CLD. As Rick England said in another thread, I dont think the auction interface was designed to be able to cope with CLD sales (and how easily it is to sell more than one by accident)

When you put up a stack of muscle oil, the sell price starts at 100% TT value, so it'd take quite a bit of work to click the price all the way down to 1 ped.

When you put a stack of CLDs on auction, because their TT value is 1 pec, the starting buyout is at 1 ped, so there's no frame of referrence, and someone unaccustomed to the UI or just tired or drunk or not thinking at the moment, may mistake the price as being per item rather than total.

The results are not only heartbreaking and disastrous to the ped card, but can lead someone to quit playing the game entirely, preventing MA from ever getting depos from that person again.

I think people do sell stacks of other items mistakenly, but the hit is far larger with CLD. As Rick England said in another thread, I dont think the auction interface was designed to be able to cope with CLD sales (and how easily it is to sell more than one by accident)

I think part of the problem is people split the CLD then grab the full stack rather then the single one they split out. Could possibly happen due to lag.

1. CLD stack sale problem apeared few times because it is rather expensive mistake and ppl trying convince lucky buyer to behave fair

2. Same mistake made on few peds TT oil is unnoticed, noone even bother to post about it

3. 1+2 makes ppl things about as about serious problem needing urgent MA attention

4. If someone is so careless or dumb to make auction like this he shouldn't play EU at all for his own good.

Muscle oil shows price in % and not tt+. That is all.

If you want to sell for order that says 103% you sell at 103%
When you want to sell CLD for order 1404, you have to set 11232 (if you sell 8)

And if you posted because of my thread yesterday, then my thread was about Auction order system possible improvement, that would remove this kind of mistakes, without anyone losing.

Muscle oil shows price in % and not tt+. That is all.

If you want to sell for order that says 103% you sell at 103%
When you want to sell CLD for order 1404, you have to set 11232 (if you sell 8)

And if you posted because of my thread yesterday, then my thread was about Auction order system possible improvement, that would remove this kind of mistakes, without anyone losing.

Last I've remembered, auction selling has always been...

If you want to sell 1000 animal muscle oil at 103.3333%, you put in 1000 and tweak price to 31 peds. (And get 31 peds if auction sells...)

If you want to sell 2000 animal muscle oil at 103.3333%, you put in 2000 and tweak price to 62 peds. (And get 62 peds if auction sells...)

If you want to sell 3000 animal muscle oil at 103.3333%, you put in 3000 and tweak price to 93 peds. (And get 93 peds if auction sells...)

It has always been "Amount" and "Peds", "Amount" and "Peds".

Never had there once been a time where we put in a markup percentage instead....when trying to put something up for sale. (I believe that's what JC was saying.)

Nonetheless though....I do believe that this many mistakes warrants some kind of improvement being done to the auction system.

But the question is how...

How to tweak the system such that such a mistake won't occur?

Would making it like a stock exchange bid-order system serve to reduce the occurrence of such mistakes?

What sort of cons would such a system then result in, if implemented?

Just sayin...

Last edited:
Last I've remembered, auction selling has always been...

If you want to sell 1000 animal muscle oil at 103.3333%, you put in 1000 and tweak price to 31 peds. (And get 31 peds if auction sells...)

If you want to sell 2000 animal muscle oil at 103.3333%, you put in 2000 and tweak price to 62 peds. (And get 62 peds if auction sells...)

If you want to sell 3000 animal muscle oil at 103.3333%, you put in 3000 and tweak price to 93 peds. (And get 93 peds if auction sells...)

It has always been "Amount" and "Peds", "Amount" and "Peds".

Never had there once been a time where we put in a markup percentage instead....when trying to put something up for sale. (I believe that's what JC was saying.)

Nonetheless though....I do believe that this many mistakes warrants some kind of improvement being done to the auction system.

But the question is how...

How to tweak the system such that such a mistake won't occur?

Would making it like a stock exchange bid-order system serve to reduce the occurrence of such mistakes?

What sort of cons would such a system then result in, if implemented?

Just sayin...

About the % part, yes it has always been like this. But you have never been required to calculate the price of stackables when selling on auction, you have had always chance just to add peds until % you see next to Buyout is as much as you wanted. But with CLDs and AUDs made stackables with tt+ system, every seller needs to calculate the right price, if it still was percents, it would be much easier. One option what ma could do is give each CLD 1k ped tt value (but not tt´ able, just like some quest items), so would be easy for everyone to sell at 140% or 139%.. i doubt someone would make mistake and sell for 14.9%.

Current situation is outcome of making stackable possible to be sold as item (tt+)

Yes stock exchance bid-order system would be something that would help a lot (as i described in my thread earlier this week)
No cons as i see... (and so far noone else brought up any cons either)

easy to fix the problem ma should have made the cld 1000 ped each the price paid when first baught oh the problem was they were liable for that price after so at 1 ped they dont own nothing to the poeple

easy to fix the problem ma should have made the cld 1000 ped each the price paid when first baught oh the problem was they were liable for that price after so at 1 ped they dont own nothing to the poeple

Thats why they could make them as mission items, that cannot be tt´ed.

Thats why they could make them as mission items, that cannot be tt´ed.

Don't think that is possible.

The way the system works atm...

To make something not TT-able, you end up with something that cannot be traded. And deeds that cannot be traded is....."baaaaaaaaaaaaaad". ;)

can u pick up water like u pick up a cube of ice, with hands?

When CLDs were introduced they behaved like every other stackables, they showed a % value.
This resulted in huge % numbers.

Some people did not like this big numbers and MA changed it to show the +PED variant.
In my opinion this is totaly crap because you can not sort by bid or buyout since that....
And is also part of the problem to sell multiple deeds for the price of one.

The best solution would be to go back to % values and shorten the numbers by K,M,G like they do on ammo.
With mousover they could show the complete Number.

Setting CLD to 1000 ped TT is not a risk MA would like to take in my opinion. The whole issue with this is the interface, text and icons. They are too small for some people with 1920x1080 screen resolution.

I have the same issue with bottles of sweat, when splitting up. The white text is to small to see it clearly.

at putting the cld at 1 ped instead of 1000 ped per deed they were able to take the money out of the game other wise they couldnt

at 1000 ped they were liable for 6 million at one ped there liable for 6000 dollars the price seliing at 1.5k ped now is the people problem

Back