Looter "No Looter"

shoti

Deactivated Account
Did anyone experienced ambulimax "no looter" recently? I am not talking about those ones droping novas or fragments ( those happens sometimes ) but typical "This creature didnt...." yellow message.

Why I am asking...was hunting ambus at Nea's as usual and as usual there was loot lag - nothing special. At some point loot for one of killed mobs was not awarded for very long time, maybe even 10 mins or so. I even stopped hunting.
It happened before to me. I write support case and loot is added manually to my ped card. Even started making another one when suddenly "This creature didnt...." yellow message poped up.

I think it is 1st time i see this on ambulimax and killed well over 10 000 of them. Incredibly rare event happened to me or indeed indicator that something went wrong on loot server ? Wasn't ambu one of those rare "always looting" mobs ?

This also happened to my swunt team yesterday. Just before the server kicked us all off we got a no looter on an ambu. I haven't been swunting much so I can't say if it's normal, just that you weren't alone.

Ehm... Is there a official list of mobs that are supposed to always drop loot?

Well uhm...

Hi Shoti,

From what we can see in our logs you have looted all the creatures that were killed during this time.

Since you were experiencing the "Internal errors" there might have been some disturbances that did not present the loot information properly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

I had a no loot spree on 4 proterons some time ago. From it's support case I copied and modified this quote a bit for you ;p

Can happen on any mob when these lags occur.

When i did the last stage when i was at caly I had some no looters and fragments also, feels like loot got reduced sharply on those, since the cost to kill is the same, but might be just a feeling

I have been experiencing this sporadically for a few months now, I remember posting in another thread about it (unfortunately I cannot find it atm)

For a long time I thought it was me missing the loot appearing on scree, kids running around in RL etc etc. Eventually I began to stand still whenever this happened and not move or shoot. I can confirm that in some cases it is loot lag often up to a few minutes. However I am certain on a number of occasions that I received neither the message "this creature contained no loot" or any loot (even frags)

It hasn't happened for a while, but yesterday I spent a few hours blasting vixens on RT - skilling up my panther and the lag became very very bad and then it started happening again. I waited 14 minutes (i know because you can get the panther back up to 100% after 1 x dance every 3 and half minutes.) so 4 panther tricks and no loot.

I went out and killed another Vixen and got loot from it.

i can only assume that this occurs as the result of lag, but I am convinced it is a real occurrence and like fail fail fail it is the players that are losing out.

MA have some issue with server lagg and no loot.

i have killed alot of big bulks and never had a no loot, but last week i had 3 no loots in a row while i was streaming and i did try relog but i got error so had to stop play, the next day everything was working again :)

Ambu used to be alway loot mobs but that changed a year or 2 back :(

Ambu used to be alway loot mobs but that changed a year or 2 back :(

Thats what bothers me...you remeber maybe if there was any official info about that ?

Looks for me that in case of shoot action we geting "failed" message but in case of loot action we getting "This creatue..." when in fact it was some technical issues.

Never had yellow message on ambu before thats why looking for some confirmation on forum. MarieWoodell no looter was also in conection with some technical problems.

There's no such thing as an always looting mob.

Kim confirmed it, the no loots on boss mobs confirmed it, MA can only minimise the likelihood of a no loot not eliminate it but eventually it will happen.

My view is that it's quite simply outrageous that killing a creature such as the Sand King could ever result in no-looters, if I was a player I would be furious if that ever happened to me. However it is also true that the system is designed in such a way that its possible for no-looters to occur on any creature regardless of its level. Even still the sheer number of no-looters on the Sand King is highly suspicious and does merit further investigation which is currently under way by both MindArk and Planet Calypso. My initial discussion with MindArk regarding this matter prooved that we're all on the same page, bosses should always drop loot, period. I hope to get back to you soon with more information.

Thanks

Back