Added captcha for website login

Sure. And the system which will receive result less than in five seconds can easily show page "FUCK OFF, TERMINATOR"

Good point ;). But thats discriminating geniuses ;) (or forcing them to wait 5 sec...).

@edit:
Also... would not it be easier to make.... the known solution: to force delay between login try?

First bad login try 10 sec wait, second 20sec wait... third... 40sec (if you are not a bot you are probably very drunk anyway so should not play at this point)... 80sec... 160sec...

To prevent further hack try with multi try on different accounts cycled every 11 sec - remember bad logins for 24hours and continue adding/refreshing with every bad login try.

@edit2:
ofc the probelm with blocking someones acount on purpose (with knowing just his login) stays...

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
classic MA

.... and its broken already! cannot login to account web page to deposit! :duh: ... and yes, i have a calculator :cussing:

.... and its broken already! cannot login to account web page to deposit! :duh: ... and yes, i have a calculator :cussing:

Tested logging in - no problems ;).

But if log in would not be possible - that woudl definetly solve the hacking problem ;).

Falagor

Probably You Doing Something Wrong.

Do you really want to reduce playerase to 10% of its current state? ;)

@edit:
besides - haker who can write OCR can easily make program to calulate equations like that too.

Falagor

10%?

I doubt even 5% will be able to read that math problem out loud. No, I'd say that a maximum of 5% would be smart enough to type into Wolfram Alpha, less than 1% solving it by hand.

if the accounts got hacked by bruteforce perhaps its best to tell ppl not using cheap passwords which can be found in dictionary? (or qwerty stuff)

if the accounts got hacked by bruteforce perhaps its best to tell ppl not using cheap passwords which can be found in dictionary? (or qwerty stuff)

password_strength.png

You can deposit in game.

On the top right row of icons there is something called a transaction center or something like that.

Well, it's a BIT more security. Tho, such shit:

j4oc8uxs976zhk$1xdnjpvft1

Is a damn fucking weak captcha, and for k3w1 h4x0r isn't even a problem.

This is real captcha from registration at QRBG service:

B8DM4O2.png

lol, looks so complicated but is so cheap...
wolfram alpha someone said, if you some clue at math the typing into it longer than solving by brain..

Soooo easy! 1+6= ummmm let's see....... Carry the one..... Ooohhhh wait... Nice try trixters.. It's a simple addition question... Drumm rooollll please... 16!!! :yup:.... :scratch2:

yes and that is exactly the reason why i hate it. at home i have 3 laptops and 1 desktop, and i want to switch as often as i want without having those stupid process eachtime i just want to use other machine.
ah sorry did over read the added function to safe list. but still, i'm not for the idea.

This is the same process used by many banks before letting you manage your account. You do it ONCE per machine. Once done you do not have to do it again. Unless you are buying new machines and throwing away the old ones you do not have to repeat the process.

This is the same process used by many banks before letting you manage your account. You do it ONCE per machine. Once done you do not have to do it again. Unless you are buying new machines and throwing away the old ones you do not have to repeat the process.

well in the past it was eveytime you changed machine as far i can recall, today i would not know, it prolly changed atm, and that was what i was reffering to. but still don't like it, sorry. i avoid steam based games as much as i can.

You can deposit in game.

On the top right row of icons there is something called a transaction center or something like that.

you can deposit just a few based types in game, so alot still has todo it at the webpage.

Well this may be good and all if i could actually get to the log in page on the website. I get the page timed out now when i click on Account on the website. Great! Im now locked out of the game and cant log in on the website to even check my ticket status, which likely hasnt changed! Good start to my day! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well this may be good and all if i could actually get to the log in page on the website. I get the page timed out now when i click on Account on the website. Great! Im now locked out of the game and cant log in on the website to even check my ticket status, which likely hasnt changed! Good start to my day! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Checked again - i have no problems - not even slightes sign of lag when logging in. Mayby you actually have some sort of virus on your computer?

Falagor

Checked again - i have no problems - not even slightes sign of lag when logging in. Mayby you actually have some sort of virus on your computer?

Falagor

Every website works lightning fast and the main EU page works fine for me but when i click on the actual "Account" tab that takes me to the log in screen usually, the page times out. Anyone, any suggestions? This is getting rediculous if its only for some people if Falagor is able to get to the log in page. I have been trying for the last 30+ minutes now.

PS: before this change today i never had an isue getting to the log in page before. Im hoping its just kinks on their end since this was just implemented.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't this be an option? It's developed by dedicated security programmers.

Also: "reCAPTCHA is a free service to protect your website from spam and abuse."

I just checked for you , no login problems here .

I just checked for you , no login problems here .

So i cant even log into my account to let support know that i cant get into my account. Sigh, i have just about had it with this shit. Im using Firefox by the way for those who are wondering, i will try other browsers now.

I don't understand why Gold Card owners should do this extra movement as well? Yes, that less than few seconds, but I still don't understand why? :scratch2:

Why wouldn't this be an option? It's developed by dedicated security programmers.

Also: "reCAPTCHA is a free service to protect your website from spam and abuse."
Maybe because some peoples don't like to be tracked everywhere? ;)

ATM we already have google-analytics.com "spyware" (N.B. I know it's not real spyware, but since it allow track your movements across the sites, that's how I call it and that's what it's actually doing for their owners) on all pages of entropiauniverse.com including account.entropiauniverse.com and client loader. But it's really easy to block them (what I'm doing for years as well as most other external "statistics" services).

But you can't block reCAPTCHA, since it will be _required_ to login. So, I hope MA will never do that.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Gold Card owners should do this extra movement as well? Yes, that less than few seconds, but I still don't understand why? :scratch2:

Maybe because some peoples don't like to be tracked everywhere? ;)

ATM we already have google-analytics.com "spyware" (I know it's not real spyware, but since it allow track your movements across the sites, that's how I call it) on all pages of entropiauniverse.com including account.entropiauniverse.com and client loader. But it's really easy to block them (what I'm doing for years as well as most other external "statistics" services).

But you can't block reCAPTCHA, since it will be _required_ to login. So, I hope MA will never do that.

And now no one can track you :D

I just checked my account - I got in no problem - using Chrome

Just hang in there... It might take some time, but I think MA will come through for you (eventually)

I just tried chrome and the same issue. The actual log in page doesnt load. Issue is they cant help me if i cant log into my damn account at all. This is soo fucking frustrating. Every single page i try works super fast, except for the EU log in page.

Can someone please link me a direct link to the log in page maybe i can get to it that way.

Trying my Laptop now....

Last edited:
And now no one can track you :D
Of course at least your provider (and government services if you have any in your country) can track you, unless you using VPN/TOR/I2P etc.

But I was talking about third party commercial structures (like Google, add networks etc.) which making money on tracking and not about tracking in general. :)

Still doesnt work. Ok so here is what i found. I reset my internet, still wont load the log in page. So i tried logging in from my phone after disabling my Wifi and it loaded the new login page. So my question is this. Why isnt my internet loading the new login page, it just times out. Before this additional login security i never had a single issue loading the login page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still doesnt work. Ok so here is what i found. I reset my internet, still wont load the log in page. So i tried logging in from my phone after disabling my Wifi and it loaded the new login page. So my question is this. Why isnt my internet loading the new login page, it just times out. Before this additional login security i never had a single issue loading the login page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Worth starting with checking your DNS records. Correct IP address - 178.237.32.223

Don't know how you connected, but attacks vs DNS records (hosts file) very common (to implement MITM).

Worth starting with checking your DNS records. Correct IP address - 178.237.32.223

Care to elaborate more on how to do this please. Im not exactly a computer wizz :ahh:

Care to elaborate more on how to do this please. Im not exactly a computer wizz :ahh:
Sure.

Open your command prompt. Type:
ping account.entropiauniverse.com

You will get this reply:
Pinging account.entropiauniverse.com [178.237.32.223] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.

"Request timed out" normal here.

You need to check IP address you will get in reply.

Sure.

Open your command prompt. Type:
ping account.entropiauniverse.com

You will get this reply:

"Request timed out" normal here.

You need to check IP address you will get in reply.

Ok just did that, everything looks as it should there. Any other ideas?

Back