Fed up of Ninja mobs

Laurent

Guardian
Society
Miners Mafia
Laurent thefrenchman noixdecoco
Yeahhh, i am starting a thread to let MindArk know that i am fed up of ninjas.

Definition of Ninja : it is a mob which appears next to you without any notice, and forcing you to kill it or RIP

There are more important things to do IMHO

So, if like me, you think it is a bad feature, answer to this thread.

There is simple solution that comes to mind at first: before spawning mob - check agro range with players colision nearby (i.e. random positon - check if in player range if no - spawn, if yes - repeat up to like 20 times, after that spawn it anyway - better to have mobs spawning even as ninja than spawned block - would happen on LT for sure).

Problem is: do this for EVERY mob and you have servers overloaded ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

It's not natural mob spawn Falagor, it's a deliberate mob spawn focused on the avatars presence.

I've not come across any players that are fans of this feature. It's very frustrating if hunting at max level so can only handle one or two mobs at a time. That's why many gave up on solo max hunting to their max level.

It's even more noticeable it a hunter takes the occasional mining run, if you hit a mob spawn area, the program will dump mobs on you. In fact I've seen it happen in total non mob areas too, if you're running fast enough you might just get ahead of the spawn before it's agro range.

There's two additional features also.

There's the surround you with mobs feature, if you stand around long enough to see the spawns. Particularly funny this one if standing away from the normal natural spawn, and suddenly just at your location a whole new set of mobs spawn over a period of a few minutes, creating a whole new spawn area.

And the avatar seeking feature, where mobs will home in on your position as they stroll around, especially annoying with long ago range mobs such as Atrox, (still it hasn't made LA owners adjust their spawns to compensate, but it's their LA, if they don't care either why should I).

I don't like to moan about this shit, but it is true. I really cannot think of any additional ways right now MA can introduce to make the hunting experience even more unpleasant. But there must be more headaches they can add...and they will.

It's sad really they believe we like it, or even think we are too stupid to notice it. They'll probably label it as "more challenging" and just what we want. But it comes down to micro payments, those extra few pecs of damage, over 100's of players, it all adds up.

Like many players now, we have simply lost the will to care if MA changes it or not. Many locations are simply dead, I'm surprised they keep so many servers running.

It won't go back to how it was before, you choose to accept it or you don't there is no negotiation. So you choose to hunt or you don't. No one cares...simple.

I'd rather the game be successful from an enjoyable experience, than what seems to be forced upon us to earn more revenue. Hey ho. Let the noobs rule, that don't no any different,... they're the future. If they don't like it, then maybe MA will change it.

nn

Rick

It's not natural mob spawn Falagor, it's a deliberate mob spawn focused on the avatars presence.

Isn't that just because you're only noticing when a mob spawns nearby you because you can see it? Obviously you're not going to notice them as much when they are outside your radar range especially.

If mobs didn't spawn when they were on someone's radar events would be terrible.

The increased ninja spawn along with the increase in the mobs crit's don't make for a lot of fun while hunting.

Isn't that just because you're only noticing when a mob spawns nearby you because you can see it? Obviously you're not going to notice them as much when they are outside your radar range especially.

Started years ago and it was an obvious change.

Yeahhh, i am starting a thread to let MindArk know that i am fed up of ninjas.

Definition of Ninja : it is a mob which appears next to you without any notice, and forcing you to kill it or RIP

There are more important things to do IMHO

So, if like me, you think it is a bad feature, answer to this thread.

Dont stand in an area you know is a part of mob spawn, unless you want to... shoot mobs?

When I'm shooting a Bulk Gen 10 or Falx Stalker, I get seriously pissed when a mob spawns ON me. It's garbage time at that point (for you NFL fans who know that term). I waste my time spawning a ship or dying and TPing. It wastes ME, decay, ammo, time, etc. MA knows this and they WANT it to happen.

When I'm shooting a Bulk Gen 10 or Falx Stalker, I get seriously pissed when a mob spawns ON me. It's garbage time at that point (for you NFL fans who know that term). I waste my time spawning a ship or dying and TPing. It wastes ME, decay, ammo, time, etc. MA knows this and they WANT it to happen.

again, if you stand within the spawn itself, you have to expect mobs to spawn.

Standing outside a spawn, using a long range tagger, you wont have this problem.

I am "ok" with the feature when for example you are within a spawn of longtooths, ok, fair enough..

But i am not a dedicated hunter, mostly miner and sometimes i hunt besides my mining trip. (And i enjoy hunting in this case, fully prepared cause i saw the red dot and i go for it.)

SO basically, i don't wear armor, just mining around, and a mob bumped upon my head, don't have the time to react, sometimes i got even scared of the mob aggroing me and doing a slaughter sound, and by the time i think how to handle the situation (fapping or equipping armor) well, i'm dead..

So i got to go back to the claim i was extracting, and sometimes it is very far..

To continue the story, and to be ironic somehow, i am on my way to the claim, so the ninja mob, this time appears but too late cause i was running to my claim, when approaching the position to extract claim, a cohort of mobs is waiting me next to claim lol, so i kill one or 2, system detects me, mobs are slowly but surely coming to me like i was a magnet and take a guess, i'm dead lol.

I am laughing now writting all this but when it happened, i was really pissed off..

:tiphat:

again, if you stand within the spawn itself, you have to expect mobs to spawn.

Standing outside a spawn, using a long range tagger, you wont have this problem.

Cool. But not possible with Bulks. The spawns are few and far apart. Even with my Marber, I have to go within the spawn to tag them. You can't indefinitely stand outside the spawn to grab them. Same with Falx.

Cool. But not possible with Bulks. The spawns are few and far apart. Even with my Marber, I have to go within the spawn to tag them. You can't indefinitely stand outside the spawn to grab them. Same with Falx.

So you suggest MA code a feature to avoid bothering you with normal respawn while you choose to hunt big ass mobs?

It was introduced a couple of years ago.
Worst feature ever IMO.
But MA will keep it for obvious reasons.

Yeahhh, i am starting a thread to let MindArk know that i am fed up of ninjas..

This is the shitty part tho, our so called community manager hasn't been online for a month. It's pointless trying to let them know through the forum atm

Also seriously fed up with the ninjas.... :(
And for those that don't believe ninjas are real, try going afk at a spawn in your quad for 1 hour. You'll notice a big amount of mobs spawn very close to you

Nono I like the Ninjas, they seem to have a bit higher probability to give a good loot then other spawns, its like MA tells you "we really want you to global now, try this one" :eyecrazy:

Can be annoying, but a spawn at times seems to have higher aggro (usually when ninja's appear). Higher spawn aggro usually results in a bigger loot about, is almost like spawn is cleansing the not worthy.

Doesn't bother me to much, isn't like happens on every kill; and we probably see it as more of issue as we remember the ninja's more than others.

Spawners are a normal part of the hunting experience. If they are causing you problems then you should consider changing your strategy or tactics.

Imo this is rather a flaw than a feature in the spawnsystem. When system can't spawn mob correctly,
it will drop range and position to 0 based on players position.

These spawners is just a help in easier distribute loot balancen and to bring in more money.

So you suggest MA code a feature to avoid bothering you with normal respawn while you choose to hunt big ass mobs?

It wouldn't be hard to have mobs spawn just outside of avatar aggro range. How is it that in an area (like the Bulk spawn) that is very wide open, and has sparse mobs, they seem to always spawn RIGHT ON TOP of where I am? The likelihood is astronomical.

It wouldn't be hard to have mobs spawn just outside of avatar aggro range. How is it that in an area (like the Bulk spawn) that is very wide open, and has sparse mobs, they seem to always spawn RIGHT ON TOP of where I am? The likelihood is astronomical.

thing is, the system that controls the respawn of mobs really dont care where your avatar is.

*tin foil hat*

people always have these crazy ideas, think for abit regarding the programming issues of making all these "omg ma have a system for this" features that always rants top on forum.

They cant even program a web login function with basic security to prevent brute force attacks, jesus.

The system will always be as simple as possible, dont forget that.

Spawners are a normal part of the hunting experience. If they are causing you problems then you should consider changing your strategy or tactics.

True

I can see how it could be annoying in some circumstances however for me more advantageous than a nuisance.

Chasing spawns is annoying, I am there to Kill Kill Kill and if they come to me, good :)

Did you read my earlier post?

They already put in time to code the new spawn "feature" as it is, so I don't think that's unreasonable. As has already been mentioned, the spawn algorithm used to be different. My guess is that it just respawned randomly anywhere within the spawn, because sometimes when you were hunting you'd run out of mobs and have to wander around the spawn area until you came to a big grouping of mobs in an area of the spawn that hadn't been visited for awhile.

Now, it seems most likely that the algorithm tries to spawn at a point near where the previous mob (the one it's replacing) died. If you hunt from more or less the same position for a few mobs, hey presto! Ninja spawn.

I'd much prefer the first (original) algorithm to the second. It doesn't prevent ninja spawns, but it doesn't make them the most likely occurence every time a mob spawns, either. The current algorithm is either a deliberate attempt to increase decay or laziness, but why they changed it in the first place, i don't know. It may have been when they implemented the CE2 EU that it happened.

ETA: Of course, a better solution yet is to just alter the current algorithm to avoid avatars by 50 m if possible with the first 2-3 tries.

They already put in time to code the new spawn "feature" as it is, so I don't think that's unreasonable. As has already been mentioned, the spawn algorithm used to be different. My guess is that it just respawned randomly anywhere within the spawn, because sometimes when you were hunting you'd run out of mobs and have to wander around the spawn area until you came to a big grouping of mobs in an area of the spawn that hadn't been visited for awhile.

Now, it seems most likely that the algorithm tries to spawn at a point near where the previous mob (the one it's replacing) died. If you hunt from more or less the same position for a few mobs, hey presto! Ninja spawn.

I'd much prefer the first (original) algorithm to the second. It doesn't prevent ninja spawns, but it doesn't make them the most likely occurence every time a mob spawns, either. The current algorithm is either a deliberate attempt to increase decay or laziness, but why they changed it in the first place, i don't know. It may have been when they implemented the CE2 EU that it happened.

ETA: Of course, a better solution yet is to just alter the current algorithm to avoid avatars by 50 m if possible with the first 2-3 tries.
My guess is this exactly how they have it today, system try to spawn randomly within spawnarea
but when it fails, it will set numbers to 0 from the avatar that activates the spawn.
They could probably do way more in code to make spawns better, but they also have to balance
amount of code vs of how the feature work so it doesn't use too much resources.
This is the downside with not having fixed spawnpoints, but those are on the other hand really boring
in a large area. We have them in instances thou'.

this ninja spawn just 5m around my avatar happens very often for me especially on LA40 atrox area NW of akmuul.

i should have took video cause yesterday it was... really funny :

pulling from out of area spawn (out of land also), kill the mob, pull an other one and *old alpha spawn on me* (rare there), 1mn later *alpha spawn on me*, 1mn later *2 instant spawn on me*.
i really should have take video.

i'll do next run

Back