Info: Be carefull when making Orders

So he also got it ASA he created the order.. Possible that the BUG (yes MA it is a bug) only happens when you create the order. It would explain why natalja's listed amp was completely ignored by my order.

I still don't know what to do tho... should i make ANOTHER support case??

ULF's usually pretty cool, I would make another one, with a link here.

It's still a problem and needs to be addressed. :/

I'd recommend the person who bought the beast amp also make a ticket.

This has to be fixed :(

Yeah, this just happened to me too, paid 98 peds extra for beast amp... :mad:

Wish I'd read this thread before making an order.

MA really should make it clearer how they calculate the max order price nowadays (if it's not a bug as they claim).

Please submit a support case. Be sure to upload the photo, because it makes it blindingly obvious that there is an issue.

Let us know how it goes?

Cheers.

Yeah, this just happened to me too, paid 98 peds extra for beast amp... :mad:

Wish I'd read this thread before making an order.

MA really should make it clearer how they calculate the max order price nowadays (if it's not a bug as they claim).
IMHO that bug for sure regardless of whatever Support reply. Since it clearly stay when you creating new order "Max Markup addition to TT value" and reserved money should only cover TT itself.
And that purchase visible on MU graph as well (I think it's worth to make screenshot of it and add it to your support ticket as well).

I just got caught out by this bug, can't believe support is telling you that's how it's supposed to work. I've been using auction orders for years and this is the first time this bug occured.

I remember there was a big problem like this with ordering limited items, and so they stopped the system allowing you to order L items.

Anyway, I sent a support and i'm expecting compensation not some bullshit from this Ulf bloke.

I just got caught out by this bug, can't believe support is telling you that's how it's supposed to work. I've been using auction orders for years and this is the first time this bug occured.

I remember there was a big problem like this with ordering limited items, and so they stopped the system allowing you to order L items.

Anyway, I sent a support and i'm expecting compensation not some bullshit from this Ulf bloke.

They will quote EULA for you:
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, MINDARK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE LOSS OF ANY DATA OR ELECTRONIC FILES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ACCOUNT, AVATAR, SKILLS AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS AND/OR CURRENCIES, FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SERVER FAILURE, INTERRUPTIONS OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION, INTERNET LATENCY, VIRUSES, BUGS, TROJAN HORSES AND THE LIKE, SOFTWARE AND/OR HARDWARE DEFECTS OR ERRORS, UNAUTHORISED USE OF THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE SYSTEM OR SERVERS, USE OF CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE ENTROPIA UNIVERSE, AND THE USE OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE IN GENERAL.

As some other player already received your peds (and possibly spent), and it would take MA to hand in some peds to you from their own pocket.. I doubt they want to do that, with EULA stating previous.

So yeah only thing to do atm is to stay away from orders.. Until they fix em, to previous state.

They can quote EULA as much as they like, they're not gonna say this is not a bug and allow these scammers to contiinue exploiting it.

They can quote EULA as much as they like, they're not gonna say this is not a bug.

Yup, that is true, it is a bug, but you mentioned you want compensation, that you will not receive.

Just because EULA covers them if they don't want to give compensation doesn't mean they won't. I've worked in a similar industry and sometimes it's best to give the customer what they want and keep them happy than to start quoting rules & regulations at them. My impression of MA is that they don't give a fuck, but you never know.

Nasty bug, because it can be exploited to cheat people of PEDs.
And support has no clue, they obviously didn't understand the support cases at all. They don't even recognize it as a bug...

Good luck.

I know no one really uses orders for UL weapons, but there are some items that have thousands of peds of repairable value. An order placed for one of these items could result in paying thousands more in markup than wanted.

Great… Got amp for +194, although max markup was supposed to be +75… Filled support case, sent the screenshot.

Yeah idk what to say.. another support case has been closed.

Will try to bump this up as a warning but gues they don't give a fuck...

This is how this bug might be working (someone could test it):
1) player A puts an order, e.g., Beast with max markup +75, max TT 123
2) player B sells Beast with:
* TT value 3.69 PED
* opening bid 75 PED, markup +71,31
* buyout bid 198, markup +75
3) auction system compares markup of the *opening* bid with max markup - +71,31 is less than +75 - deal!

This is how this bug might be working (someone could test it):
1) player A puts an order, e.g., Beast with max markup +75, max TT 123
2) player B sells Beast with:
* TT value 3.69 PED
* opening bid 75 PED, markup +71,31
* buyout bid 198, markup +75
3) auction system compares markup of the *opening* bid with max markup - +71,31 is less than +75 - deal!

Buyout bid 198 would be tt+194,31 and not tt+75 (in your case)

And auction order bids either lowest possible or buyout, if order is high enough, so nice guess ,but not the case. This time it is MA who thinks tt+maximum markup to be paid = peds orderer is willing to pay

whiteknut, yes, I paid TT+194.31 instead of TT+75 that was specified as max markup in my order. I took a look at notifications and saw that the item was placed with 4 PED opening bid (TT+0.31) and 198 buyout bid.

There were another order for TT+70. When I tried to sell the item for 193 PED (both opening and buyout bids), the item was not sold.
I believe that it would be sold if opening bid was no more than actual TT+70 (e.g., if TT is 20 PED, then opening bid would be no more than 90) and buyout would be 193 (if TT is 20 PED, then TT+173).

whiteknut, yes, I paid TT+194.31 instead of TT+75 that was specified as max markup in my order. I took a look at notifications and saw that the item was placed with 4 PED opening bid (TT+0.31) and 198 buyout bid.

There were another order for TT+70. When I tried to sell the item for 193 PED (both opening and buyout bids), the item was not sold.
I believe that it would be sold if opening bid was no more than actual TT+70 (e.g., if TT is 20 PED, then opening bid would be no more than 90) and buyout would be 193 (if TT is 20 PED, then TT+173).

Ahh now i get it. Thx for clarification. But maybe the other order is already reserved(some bid placed on exisiting beasts on auction? (Cant check myself atm))

Well, to be honest, after it didn't sell with 193 PED as both opening and buyout bid, I tried to sell it with 4 PED opening and 193 PED buyout bid - it worked (sorry whoever bought it, MA is informed).

This was one test case that succeeded. I'm not that rich to test it with more items (already lost 25PED because of this bug, and still no Beast in my inventory :D), so if anyone is willing to do some more tests, feel free to do it and share the results.

Well, to be honest, after it didn't sell with 193 PED as both opening and buyout bid, I tried to sell it with 4 PED opening and 193 PED buyout bid - it worked (sorry whoever bought it, MA is informed).

This was one test case that succeeded. I'm not that rich to test it with more items (already lost 25PED because of this bug, and still no Beast in my inventory :D), so if anyone is willing to do some more tests, feel free to do it and share the results.

ah k good to know, and there is big abuse of this bug atm going on. If you read trade Chat, there are many ppl buying low tt easy to sell items which usually have orders on auction.

Does this mean that so long as your SB set is lower than the MU of the order AND (TT+MU) of order has sufficient peds to buy at your set BO's price...the sale will go through?

Anyone else can verify if this IS INDEED the case?

Wacky bug imo...:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Confirmed!

This is indeed the culprit! Please warn others about it. And support staff, please do not deny this any longer.

For the time being...DO NOT USE ORDERS!

(PS: John Phaantom Fisera, please add me and we'll find some time to revert this transaction I did.)

* I've reversed my transaction with John Phaantom already. But can't help on his other loss though. TC.

Last edited:
This is so amazing. So i have no idea how many peds did i lost. I use orders quite often and just find out today, that there is this bug.
Hope that abuser xpronto will be punished because he obviously know about this bug.
He bought cheapest A103 from auction and sold it back into my order. Order was TT+30 and i paid tt+58.

I lost all my hope to MindArk.

Just have conversation with xpronto about this bug. Its sad, if this is truth
xpronto.png

Last edited:
Over the last year there have been a few issues that show MindArk has less than average Math skill, yet we trust them with money... :eyecrazy:

Ah....maybe I've understood what he said wrongly then...

[...]

And quite frankly...what Ulf said doesn't make sense...if its like what we've interpreted.

[...]

Ulf is drinking maybe?
If not it shall be be impossible to order those UL guns with few thousand ped tt value from now on...

Sounds like Ulf doesn't understand that his way of thinking about auction orders is wrong, and therefore your message probably isn't getting through to the developers who do know how the order system is supposed to work. I'd try an alternate channel, kim or one of the other devs, someone who can actually see that this is a bug.

Ulf must be one of biggest idiots in support ( if that's his name or one person ). I would not relay on what he is saying and ask for someone else to handle support case ( I am doing it now ). I found him very incompetent as for game mechanics in 3 or 4 support cases. I have also 2 cases over month old and one 2 month old without reply from Ulf (even i started new ones with reminders and got promised answers :/ )

As for orders I tryed buy my own amp by ordering it at higher price it was listed but lower than next one was aviable and order wasn't fulfiled. Another thing which shall be corected imho.

When I first saw this post, the first thought that jumped into my head was maybe "MAX TT+" literally means the full TT value+ and NOT simply "max markup". But then I thought, "no, there's no way MA could be that stupid. People will laugh at me if I suggest this".

According to Ulf, I was right! :cool::mad::eyecrazy:

If this is seriously the case, it's very very disappointing. This kind of oversight is unacceptable when real life funds are at stake. It reflects extremely poorly on Mindark as a company.

Geez... ty for the heads up

bump for incompetent support staff :yay:

BUMP IT HAS BEEN FIXED! Just tested it out myself.

Back